Sending e-mail to external recipient - CRM 3.0

Hi,

We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0.  Since the upgrade Users receive an error
when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients.  We are able to send
e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail
addresses.  The general error is Failed to Initialize token.

I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue.  Any help is
appreciated!

Thank you,
Donna
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need to ensure that the SMTP service on exchange is configured to access
relay requests from the crm web server

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"Donna Edwards" <DonnaEdwards@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0.  Since the upgrade Users receive an error
> when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients.  We are able to
> send
> e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external
> e-mail
> addresses.  The general error is Failed to Initialize token.
>
> I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue.  Any help is
> appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
> Donna

0
John
10/30/2006 4:45:42 AM
Thanks John,

We had to go through the following steps and then restart the smtp service
on the Exchange Server.  That appears to have fixed the issue.

1. Click Start, point to Programs, point to Microsoft Exchange, and then
click System Manager.
2. Click Servers, click the name of the Exchange server, click Protocols,
and then click SMTP.
3. Right-click Default SMTP Virtual Server, click Properties, and then click
the Access tab.
4. In the Relay Restrictions area, click Relay.
5. Verify that the Only the list below option is selected, and then add the
Microsoft CRM server to the list.
6. Restart the SMTP service. To do this, follow these steps:a.  Click Start,
point to Programs, point to Administrative Tools, and then click Services.
a.  Right-click Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), and then click Restart.

Best Regards,
Donna Edwards

"Donna Edwards" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We recently upgraded to CRM 3.0.  Since the upgrade Users receive an error
> when attempting to send e-mails to External recipients.  We are able to send
> e-mails to internal e-mail addresses through CRM, but not to external e-mail
> addresses.  The general error is Failed to Initialize token.
>
> I tried a few things, but haven't identified the exact issue.  Any help is
> appreciated!
>
> Thank you,
> Donna
Thanks Donna - this worked for us as well.

I would just comment that we had to add the IP address we were assigned
for a VPN connection we opened to another server, rather than just the
IP address of the CRM Server per your step 5.

For some reason, Exchange was defaulting to the IP address assigned for
the VPN instead of the internal router IP to send mail out (likely an
email routing issue I don't know how to configure).

Thanks for the clear & concise guidance.

For those searching, our entire error message was:

Error code = 8004020f. Failed to Initialize Token. Initialize Token
Failure.

Hope this helps,

Peter

0
PeterD

Mailing address fields
I have 4 address fields in database But not need to use all of them every time. How can I remove (eg address2 ) and shift the other fields (eg suburb and city) up a slot . I dont want to have gaps in the address label header. There's a report wizard that will lay your address lables out correctly for you. Essentially, you set the Can Shrink property of the text box to Yes. If it is null, the text box then shrinks vertically as if it were zero-height (provided there are no other things beside it that prevent this.) The Detail section also has a Can Shink property. If you want the ...

Send and Receive as
How do I stop the inheritance from above to the Domain Admins group when inside System Mananger? I'm just trying to grant "Send and Receive as" to run ExMerge. You don't want to stop the inheritance. If this is Exchange 2000, grant explicit allows on the properties of the Mailbox Store. Explicit allows will override inherited Deny's -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

e-mail aliases
We have 2 e-mail addresses that are user names and have to be recieved by one specific user. (info@ and help@) To do this as I understand it, We should be creating a distribution list and group in the Exchange Server 2003. I follow the steps to do this in the "How to create a distribution list (distribution group) in Exchange Server 2003" article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821904. We name a group name infobecky and helpbecky as becky will be the one getting these mails. (We go through the steps twice once for each e-mail name). The Group Scope is set to UNIVERSAL The...

blanks instead of "0" in vlookup
This is a vlookup: I am looking up a cell that happens to be blank, but the result of the vlookup is "0." How do I change the O to a blank? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200507/1 =IF(ISBLANK(vlookup),"",(vlookup)) Replace vlookup with your current vlookup formula. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com www.MyExpertsOnline.com "Patty via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com> wrote in message news:5107F8367ABD0@OfficeKB.com... > This is a vlookup: > > I am looking up a cell that...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

Outlook reminders #3
I have a client who is still recieving outlook reminders from several weeks ago, also, when opening outlook it opens every reminder she setup. Another users reminders are not working according to schedules he has setup, reminders are popping up late. I ran the command outlook /cleanreminders but this did not resolve these issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated. ...

Windows 7 Mail problem 12-08-09
Using Windows 7 Professional with a Gmail account. I installed Windows Live Mail and it works - but. Whenever I Sync (F5) it takes a long time and sometimes indicates the server is not connected too. Do I want to wait and I answer yes - then it proceeds VERY SLOWLY? Is there a problem with Google Gmail and Syncing mail? Is there something I missed in the setup? thx You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/...

Deploy Send/Receive groups
I want to deploy cached mode and a custom Send/Receive group that downloads the OAB every 4 hours to existing Outlook 2003 users. I was able to use the Custom Maintenance Wizard to generate a CMW file, and via a login script was able to update existing Outlook profiles to use cached mode. However, it appears that because the new Send/Receive group gets applied via registry entries to HKCU, the user would need local admin rights. Not all of our users have local admin rights. What would be th ebest way to deploy Send/Receive groups to existing Outlook 2003 profiles for users who do not have l...

sent items #3
when i click on my sent items all emails appear to be sent to myself instead of the recipent. please help ...

mail merge multiple lines in an e-mail
How can I merge multiple lines from an excel document into one e-mail ? So the e-mails should be dynamical. Hi Guy, There's probably an Excel vba solution for this, but there's also a Word mailmerge/vba solution using Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at: http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107 or http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with i...

exchange 2007 delayed sending
a while ago I posted a message about delayed sending being stuck in the outbox in outlook 2007 outlook can not be closed as then the email is not send now I am trying to do the same but using outlook in online modus instead, the messages are now send immediately this even though the message header in outlook clearly states that the message is not to be delivered before "date and time" (in the future) how can I find out why this feature is not working (as expected) thnx This artical is very useful and it applies to Exchange/Outlook 2007 as well http://blogs...

Problems running Duplicate Detection in CRM 4.0 in web interface
When I click on Workplace -> Duplicate Detection, I receive the following error: "Error: An error has occurred. Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organizations's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support." Duplicate detection is enabled and there are several duplication rules that have also been created. Those rules also can be published without error. In researching this error, the only thing I can find that has been suggested is that there i...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

Negative Adjustment To Inventory Transaction
Whenever we adjust inventory downard using the Item Transaction Entry window, the cost displays as $0. Why is this? Are we set up correctly? Thanks, Jason There is a setup option under inventory control setup window that can be marked to display the cost for the decrease adjustments. Thank you! "VJ" wrote: > There is a setup option under inventory control setup window that can > be marked to display the cost for the decrease adjustments. > > ...

Send and receive with Outlook Express but only receive with Outlook?
Hi, Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own business, he can't send mail with Outlook. Mail leaves his PC via his ISDN router, goes around his ISP's network for 3-4 hours and then bounces back. Tried with Outlook express and it works perfectly. I've looked at both configurations and they seem to be the same... He can receive mail in Outlook, just won't send. Any ideas? Thanks Daz (replace (AT) with @ ;-)) Daz N <darren(AT)clara.co.uk> wrote: > Just had a quick look at a friends computer who runs his own > business, he can't s...

Forward mail from certain person from one Public Folder to another.
I'm trying to figure out how to make the exchange server (not outlook) move mail which comes into a public folder (from the internet) from a specific FROM address to a subfolder of our 'abuse' folder. I tried using the folder assistant but i didnt see a way to make it allow me to specify a folder as the destination. thanks, -Drew ...

Time #3
I hope this is an easy question, even though I can't figure it out. :-) If I have time in the format of: 24:13:03 HH:MM:SS and I need it in minutes only. How can I convert that? I have Excel 2003. Hi see you post in Excel.worksheet.functions -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Here@There.com wrote: > I hope this is an easy question, even though I can't figure it out. > :-) > > If I have time in the format of: > > 24:13:03 HH:MM:SS > > and I need it in minutes only. > > How can I convert that? I have Excel 2003. Custom format [m...

Microsoft CRM and Exchange integration
We are trying to evaluate Microsoft CRM and have questions about its interoperability with Exchange. Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Here are some questions: 1. If a user adds a contact in CRM, will this be added to a contact list in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds a contact in Exchange, can it show up in CRM? 2. If a user adds an appointment in CRM, will this be added to the user's calendar in Exchange? If not, can it? Is the opposite true, where if a user adds an appointment to their calendar in Exchange, can it show up ...

e-mail just sits
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5140F.E1605920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having a problem with my e-mail just staying in my outbox. I am = using Outlook that came with MS Office Professional 2003 I compose my mail and hit send and it just stays in my in box. It = doesn't matter how many times I hit send & receive it will no go out, = It happen about 50% of the time. It seams to happen more when I have an = attachments with the mail. --=20 Regards, Ron ...

send to recipient mail as attachment
when I try to send an open word file by selecting send to recipient as attachment it simply opens up outlook with the mentioned document in attachment when a perticular user tries to do this she gets an error message bottom line is that this functionality only works for some people and it will never work for others where can I find info on how to solve this by changing settings in office or in the registry or whatever I have already googled and only found pointers to mapi errors telling me absolutely nothing new they all state that this is happening because outlook or outlook express...

CRM Licence for testing purposes (Technet)
I understand that a Technet license is available for testing and development of CRM by End User Customers. But i sense a catch: How many users can be activated with it? Only one? As MS partner we also have MSDN. And with it comes a 10 user license. I believe the license allows for 100,000 users. -- Rgds Michael MCDBA 2000 | MCITP DBA 2005 PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > I understand that a Technet license is available for testing and development > of CRM by End User Customers. &g...

OWA running on 3 Exchange servers... not redirecting externally
Sorry for the vague subject. Here is what I have going on. I have three Exchange 2000/2003 servers, we'll see ServerA, ServerB, and ServerC. ServerA is located at the main branch and all incoming mail is received here. ServerB and ServerC are branch offices connected via a s2s vpn. My issue is when access OWA externally... I use our FQDN, http://mail.fqdn.com. Well, if the destination mailbox resides on ServerB or ServerC... ServerA attemps to redirect using internal DNS names (ie. http://serverb.domain.local). How can I configure OWA so that it will properly redirect externally? I ...

Sumproduct but only first time corresponding value is seen e.g. un
Using XL03 Sample Data: Name Race Speed Avg Speed Track Month Joe 2:12 2:15 OFCF Jan Joe 2:28 2:15 ADL Feb Mary 2:14 2:07 ADL Jan Joe 2:15 2:15 ADL Feb etc I already have sumproducts in place to count how many participants raced in each month, how many at each track, etc. The last piece I need to add is the number of people for a given track on a given month, who had an /average/ time of over 2 minutes. But, I have repeat...