Sending E-Mail through CRM Web

Hi,

I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another.  During setup,
I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server.  When I attempt to send an
email I get an Invalid Association Error.  I set the config file to show more
details on the error and all I'm getting is
"System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
request."  The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack
doesn't provide much help either.

I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port 25
being blocked by antivirus software.  I verified that I can telnet into port
25 of my exchange server.  I also turned max logging on the exchange server
to see if I could get more details.  The exchange server doesn't even show it
as accessed from the CRM Server.

Any suggestions????
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Silly question, but did you remember to install the CRM Exchange Router on
your exhange computer?

Also, check to see if any firewalls, even software like the windows firewall
(or one via your anti-virus) is blocking port 25.

--
David Wasserman
www.grandconsult.com

"Leeland Clay" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another.  During setup,
> I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server.  When I attempt to send an
> email I get an Invalid Association Error.  I set the config file to show more
> details on the error and all I'm getting is
> "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
> request."  The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack
> doesn't provide much help either.
>
> I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port 25
> being blocked by antivirus software.  I verified that I can telnet into port
> 25 of my exchange server.  I also turned max logging on the exchange server
> to see if I could get more details.  The exchange server doesn't even show it
> as accessed from the CRM Server.
>
> Any suggestions????
Check out this great blog.

"As a security measure, Exchange 2003 does not allow other servers to relay
SMTP email though its SMTP server unless specifically instructed to do so.
This prevents unauthorized email traffic that can turn your Exchange server
into a SPAM host."
http://blogs.infinite-x.net/2006/07/16/dynamics-crm-30-exchange-server-setup/

Why the Microsoft CRM team fails to include the above in the IG eludes me.
Perhaps, they're expecting all of us to be experts in SQL and Exchange
Server??

"Leeland Clay" <Leeland Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another.  During
> setup,
> I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server.  When I attempt to send
> an
> email I get an Invalid Association Error.  I set the config file to show
> more
> details on the error and all I'm getting is
> "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
> request."  The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack
> doesn't provide much help either.
>
> I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port
> 25
> being blocked by antivirus software.  I verified that I can telnet into
> port
> 25 of my exchange server.  I also turned max logging on the exchange
> server
> to see if I could get more details.  The exchange server doesn't even show
> it
> as accessed from the CRM Server.
>
> Any suggestions????

0
Daniel
8/10/2006 3:17:21 AM
To add. http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2006/07/12/663416.aspx

"Leeland Clay" <Leeland Clay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have CRM 3.0 installed on one server, Exchange on another.  During
> setup,
> I specified my SMTP server as the Exchange server.  When I attempt to send
> an
> email I get an Invalid Association Error.  I set the config file to show
> more
> details on the error and all I'm getting is
> "System.Web.Service.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process
> request."  The source error shows an unhandled exception, and the stack
> doesn't provide much help either.
>
> I found a KB article referencing this error that listed the cause as port
> 25
> being blocked by antivirus software.  I verified that I can telnet into
> port
> 25 of my exchange server.  I also turned max logging on the exchange
> server
> to see if I could get more details.  The exchange server doesn't even show
> it
> as accessed from the CRM Server.
>
> Any suggestions????

0
Daniel

Default WEB browser
How can I get the path of default WEB browser? "Stefan Gutten" <stefan.gutten@non-hp.sk> wrote in message news:%23iZ8lQTmGHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How can I get the path of default WEB browser? Check the value for the key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\HTTP\shell\open\command > How can I get the path of default WEB browser? Use FindExecutable on a *.htm file. It should give you the associated browser with an .htm file. --- Ajay You can also use the AssocQueryString() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul ------------------ "Stefan Gutten" <stefan.gutt...

mail access temp. suspended
My boss is having her e-mails blocked. SBC is telling her that it's a problem with the anti-virus software (Norton.) When we disable the virus software, the e- mails go. I have the same updates she has, and it appears the same settings, and I am not having any trouble. The only difference between us is that my Norton Systmworks version is 2003, hers is 2002. The message she gets is "### 4.7.7 Mail access temporarily suspended for ##.##.###.###**BCMI**pimout5" Any suggestions? Thanks! Ken <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My boss is having he...

Configuring Web Access to Office 2007 Outlook
Hi all, I've Exchange e-mail account with a hosting company which is accessed by Outlook Web Access for a small business i own. I've also just started using Office 2007(trial) and set up Outlook. How do i get my business e-mails from Exchange Web Access to appear in Outlook Office 2007? Tried a few times now and just about to give up! Tried my hosting companies method(fasthosts) without success and everytime i try it another way...does not seem to work at all? Many thanks, Gary You should contact your application provider (fasthosts) and ask for instructions on ho...

Mail small popup box
I'm receiving mail on two computers from a remote server running Windows XP, MS Outlook, Internet Explorer 7 Windows Vista, Windows Mail, Internet Explorer 8 With XP the mail opens with MS Outlook but with Vista it opens in a small popup window which is difficult to read. Can Vista open the mail with Outlook. Thanks Bengy Sure. Install Outlook on the Vista computer, if you have a license. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "Bengy" <Bengy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D2F68...

Frequent mail to list
Outlook 2003 has a useful tool, whereby i type the first letter or 2 of the person i want to send to and a list of frequent people pop up. I use this all the time, it's great! BUT if i log out i lose the list. Is there a way to keep this list ? San Mikus <San Mikus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 has a useful tool, whereby i type the first letter or 2 > of the person i want to send to and a list of frequent people pop up. > I use this all the time, it's great! BUT if i log out i lose the > list. Is there a way to keep this list ? This is a sign ...

CRM 3.0 Accessing Web service from ASP.NET
I have problem with CRM 3.0. Here I can create lead from the windows application by CRMService(service.create) method. But I same thing doesn't work with my abc.aspx page in .net IDE.I removed the IIS security regarding anonymous user and kept only windows integrated auth. And Error is Server Error in '/ContactLead_gen' Application. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application er...

E-mail attachment too large
I attached too many photos to an e-mail and Outlook cannot send it, but keeps trying; the e-mail is "stuck" in the Outbox and will not let me delete it. How do I delete this e-mail? shotgunner wrote: > I attached too many photos to an e-mail and Outlook cannot send it, but keeps > trying; the e-mail is "stuck" in the Outbox and will not let me delete it. > How do I delete this e-mail? Delete an item stuck in the Outbox folder: - Load Outlook. - Put Outlook in offline mode (File -> Work Offline: enable). - Exit Outlook. - Load Outlook in its...

CRM Customization 07-05-05
I need to customize CRM adding some fields in several forms. I'd like to look at some documentation on how to do it: apparently there is (was?) a CRM Customization White Paper on the MS site but the link is now broken. Is there some detailed docs on CRM customization (like Schema details and so on)? I had a look at the CRM SDK but it seems to be far beyond our current need. TIA, Andrea Hello Andrea. If you need add Custom Fields to your form, first you need create these field in Deployment Manager/ Schema manager / Type of Record (like Contacts) / Atributtes. Here right click and se...

Mail pane freezes
No matter how I switch between panes, the Mail pane on the right remains frozen. Using "Go" menu or shortcut keys don't seem to help. How do I correct this? ...

Windows e-mail
Is it possible to include BCC (blind copy) when I send an email? I only see To: and CC: This newsgroup is intended for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Are you trying to send e-mail using Access? If so, are you using the SendObject command (which does support bcc), or are you using some other approach? If you're not using Access, I'd suggest reposting your question to a newsgroup related to whatever e-mail client you're using. I see that this question was posted using Windows Mail, so you may want to check out microsof...

Sending Bulk HTML email
Hi, How do you select contact/accounts using Advanced Find and then perform a bulk email to those selected? The email needs to be in HTML format. Are there any addons that will acheive this? Thanks Mike Hi Mike, From where you are highlight the entries from the list and then goto more actions and then "Mail Merge" then select bulk mail or e-mail or whatever you want to do. From there generate your e-mail or letter or whatever, and then when you select to send (e-mail only) there will be the option to send as HTML, Plain Text or Attachment. hth, Nathan "Mike R"...

How to setup CRM
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C59C49.34919930 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, Does anyone know any good site on how to install CRM on SBS 2003 ? Thanks Mark ------=_NextPart_000_0030_01C59C49.34919930 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; = charset...

Re: Sending email from command line
I'd like to do this! Can anybody say how? "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message news:... > Was I not clear in my question or does anybody know that this isn't > possible? > > "Brandi" <ab@mdahospital.com> wrote in message > news:OFY$VDjfEHA.368@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > > I have a txt file that contains a list of records. Each record contains an > > email address and some other data. The file is created every night. Every > > morning, someone reads the file and manually creates email to send the > > appro...

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) #3
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 Implementation For Large Corporation (August 2006) How Microsoft CRM 3.0 contribute and be a part of its computer environment.(Sales Module,MS CRM Security,Integration with Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0/Microsoft Great Plains,with IBM Lotus Notes Domino,International Considerations,Competition) http://microsoft-crm-3.blogspot.com/2006/08/microsoft-dynamics-crm-30.html ...

Renaming E-Mail Account
One of my users got married so she has a new lastname in her e-mail account. How can I update my user accounts to accomodate this? Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO Right click the user in AD User and Computer and select Email Addresses Tab. I would make the new married name address Primary and her old address a secondary so she can still receive mail for both accounts. Then remove the old email address after about 30 days. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1423...

Deleting Duplicate Outlook e-mail messages
Can someone please suggest a good method of deleting dupe e-mail messages in various Outlook 2003 folders (besides, doing so manually)? There are a variety of de-duplicators (including our own at http://www.lbetoolbox.com/). Just do a google for outlook deduplicator. -- John Blessing http://www.LbeHelpdesk.com - Help Desk software priced to suit all businesses http://www.room-booking-software.com - Schedule rooms & equipment bookings for your meeting/class over the web. http://www.lbetoolbox.com - Remove Duplicates from MS Outlook, find/replace, send newsletters "G Schrott&q...

Mail Merge #16
While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. AVDONDE Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from GC Publisher <GC Publisher@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > While doing mail merge with Publisher document, using wizard, when I > selected folder to get addresses in one of the contact folder, I got > an error, 'dialog or database engine failure'. a) Try updating your MDAC...

keystroke for sending mail...
I'm a recent migrant from Thunderbird (company imposed) After opening up a contact window, I want a simple keystroke (like ctrl-m) to send mail to that contact. It looks like my only options now are alt-a-m (alt, actions, mail) or moving my hand to the mouse to click on the new message button. I thought I could record a macro and assign it to a keystroke but it appears that Outlook does not have a Macro record function. Any suggestions? TIA, Mark Click on tools, macor, and then Visual Basic Editor Create a new Module. You can keep the default name of Module1, but I recommed you c...

mail merging to Publisher from excel
I am trying mail merge information from Excel into Publisher. I get a message that reads: "The data source you have chosen contains more than one worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the worksheet or table that contains the information you want to merge." I have tried to the worksheet name that appears on the title bar. Didn't work. I tried typing Sheet 1. Didn't work Help I'm bushed - and a bit brain fried today so what I would do would be to save another copy of the Excel file as a different name, delete the unwanted worksheets, and try importing ...

Transferring mail files (dbx) from outlook express to outlook
Recently upgraded computer and need to transfer old mail in outlook express, .dbx files, to MS Outlook. How do I do that? Does OE currently recognize them? If so, you can use OE's File menu > Export command(s) "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:017001c3a3d4$e1f770f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Recently upgraded computer and need to transfer old mail > in outlook express, .dbx files, to MS Outlook. How do I > do that? ...

problem with windows live mail desktop and messenger crashing
Greetings all, For the past month or so I've been having problems with live mail and messenger crashing. Live mail will usually crash following my authenticating the first time, though most of the time I will be able to successfully sign in without it crashing if I launch it from Live messenger. Live messenger seems to crash whenever I try to message someone too. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but this doesn't help. On searching for answers here I've tried a few things like looking for programs I've installed that may create clashes since the pro...

Microsoft crm 3.0 and Lotus Notes
Is there a way to integrate 3.0 with Lotus Notes? /Lotten Holm yes see http://ezinearticles.com/?Lotus-Notes-Domino-and-Microsoft-CRM-Integration&id=53769 -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Lholm" wrote: > Is there a way to integrate 3.0 with Lotus Notes? > > /Lotten Holm ...

Anyone found a way to remove Outlook CRM client after a corrupted or deleted user profile?
Just curious if anyone has discovered a way to remove the Sales for Outlook after having either a corrupted or deleted user profile? So far I have had this twice and have had to re-image each computer in order to be able to re-install the client for a new user. Thanks. Carl Fisher The main thing you need to do is remove the MSCRM key from the registry (local mahchine\software\microsoft\mscrm). Then, you actually need to install and then uninstall. This will give you the cleanest removal. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mo...

CRM Introduction
Hello All, I just found a good link on Customer Relationship Management. Have a look: http://www.bizcovering.com/Management/CRM-Introduction.55459 Thanks, Ajay. ...

Uninstall
Hi, I just uninstalled this along with the CRmserver (needed to perform a fresh install). When I tried to re-install the CRM I had the message about requiring to configure APS.NET and/or the .NET framework before installing. As this was a VMimage, I just reverted back to the snapshot before I uninstalled it and continued without removing it. Has anyone had a similar problem or any advice other than dont remove it? Thanks Mike This wont really help much but, we have had one site that was not able to install the above update as well as another update rollup. Other sites have bee...