Sending E-Mail from CRM Fails

Whenever I attempt to send an e-mail from CRM I get an
unexpected error and the following in the error log.  The
401 implies some sort of permissions problem.  Any ideas?

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	Microsoft CRM
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	2
Date:		9/2/2004
Time:		8:16:41 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	MAIL
MSCRM Platform Error Report:
Error: <description>An unexpected error
occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401
Access
Denied.</details><file>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\pr

Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.

Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
the email : HTTP status: 401 Access Denied.

Source File:
D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h

Line Number: 47

Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
(Exception e)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
context)
   at
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplica
tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

0
Kevin
9/2/2004 3:36:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Yes I have permisssion.  It even fails for the CRM
administrator.

---
>> Error: <description>An unexpected error
>> occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
>> attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401
>> Access

Denied.</details><file>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\pr

>> Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>>
>> Error Details: An error occurred attempting to
dispatch
>> the email : HTTP status: 401 Access Denied.
>>
>> Source File:
>> D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>>
>> Line Number: 47
>>
>> Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
>> (Exception e)
>>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>>    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
>> context)
>>    at

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplica
>> tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>>    at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
>> (IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>>

>.

0
Kevin
9/2/2004 5:47:10 PM
I should elaborate.  The e-mail activity is created.
It's the SEND that fails.

0
Kevin
9/2/2004 5:48:23 PM
Do you have SSL enabled on your Exchange server?  If so, you need ot configre
the MSCRMServices virtual directory to not require encryption.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 08:36:07 -0700, "Kevin McCarthy"

Date:		9/2/2004
[...]

Matt
9/2/2004 7:59:53 PM
I have double checked.  SSL is not required.

Kevin

-
>Error: <description>An unexpected error
>occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
>attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401
>Access
>Denied.</details><file>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\p
>
>Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>
>Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
>the email : HTTP status: 401 Access Denied.
>
>Source File:
>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>
>Line Number: 47
>
>Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
>(Exception e)
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
>context)
>   at
>System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplic
>tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
>(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>

>.

0
Kevin
9/2/2004 9:45:23 PM
Look in the registry on the CRM server.  There will be an entry under:

local machine/software/microsoft/mscrm that indicates the address fro the
exchange router.  Copy that url to an IE window and see what comes back.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:45:23 -0700, "Kevin McCarthy" <kmccarthy@carefx.com>
wrote:

I have double checked.  SSL is not required.

Kevin

0
Matt
9/2/2004 9:57:12 PM
I think the URL is:
http://192.168.4.75:80/MSCRMConnector/ICrmEmailDispatch.SR

The reply is:

- <SOAP:Envelope
xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
- <SOAP:Body>
- <SOAP:Fault>
  <faultcode>SOAP:Client</faultcode>
  <faultstring>SOAP Invalid Request</faultstring>
  <detail />
  </SOAP:Fault>
  </SOAP:Body>
  </SOAP:Envelope>

However, I am prompted for a user ID and password and
must enter in a CRM User ID and Password.

Kevin

-
>-
>>----------------------------------------------
>>Error: <description>An unexpected error
>>occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
>>attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401
>>Access
>>Denied.</details><file>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\
>>
>>Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>>
>>Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
>>the email : HTTP status: 401 Access Denied.
>>
>>Source File:
>>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>>
>>Line Number: 47
>>
>>Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
>>(Exception e)
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
>>context)
>>   at
>>System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpAppli
>>tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>>   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
>>(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>>

>>.
>>

>.

0
Kevin
9/3/2004 3:15:03 PM
I ran through the process described below by Nazeer in
the partner forum and it worked!

------------------------
If the Exchange connector is installed on an Exchange
server that uses OWA
and SSL? If so, the Exchange connector will need to be
uninstalled and
reinstalled to a new website. Please follow the steps
given below.

Microsoft CRM Web Client Can Not Connect to Host When
Sending a CRM E-mail,
With HTTP Status: 403, 404 or 401.
Document ID: 32796
Date Created: 8/31/2003
Date Last Modified: 8/31/2003 4:08:39 PM
Language: English - United States
Country: USA
Product: Microsoft CRM
Versions: 1.0, 1.2
Modules: Microsoft CRM Email Router
Abstract (displays for Solomon docs, not GP docs):
Microsoft CRM Web Client Can Not Connect to Host When
Sending a CRM E-mail,
With HTTP Status: 403, 404 or 401.
Issue
Microsoft CRM web client can not connect to host when
sending a CRM email,
with HTTP status: 403, 404 or 401.
Potential Cause
If you have OWA (Outlook Web Access) and SSL (Secure
Socket Layer)
installed on the default web site of your exchange 2000
server then
Microsoft CRM Email Exchange Router SHOULD NOT be
installed on the default
web site. Installing Microsoft CRM email Exchange Router
on the default web
site causes this problem.
Resolution
Please follow the instructions below to resolve this
issue:

Machine Names involved in this Example:
Exchange Server: cwebex1.cweb.local
CRM Server: cwebdell.cweb.local

On the Exchange Server:

1. Confirm that you are logged in as a Domain User with
Schema Admin and
Enterprise Admin Rights.  The reason for this is that
Exchange Information
Store can be thought of as a database.  The only user
that can access this
database is the 'sa' user which happens to be a domain
admin with Schema
and Enterprise Admin Rights.
2. Uninstall the MSCRM Exchange Connector from the
Add/Remove program. Also
delete the Microsoft CRM folder from the system drive |
program files if
exists.
3. Once completed Launch IIS by going to start | programs
| Administrative
Tools | Internet Services Manager and confirm the Virtual
Directory
MSCRMConnector is removed from IIS as well.
4. Launch Regedit from the Start | Run. View the HKLM |
Software| Microsoft
| MSCRM this should no longer exist. If it does please
delete.
5. Choose File Connect Network Registry (This may not be
available if there
is a domain or local policy disabling this).
6. Type the CRM Server Machine Name and open its registry.
7. Within the registry goto HKLM | Software |Microsoft
|MSCRM |
mailserverurl.
8. This registry probably does not have anything in it as
the MSCRM
Exchange Connector uninstall should have removed it.
9. Right click on the mailserverurl registry entry and
select delete.
10. Close the registry.

We are now going to create a new website on the Exchange
Server that is
going to house the CRM Exchange Connector.
**NOTE** If IIS Lockdown is installed you will need to
restore the default
settings by launching IIS Lockdown and restoring this.

Create a New Website:
11.  Right Click on the machine name in IIS and choose
New | Website.
12.  Choose Next.
13.  Provide a Description (This is what will be seen in
IIS). In the
example we will call this CRM Exchange
14.  Choose Next.
15.  Enter the IP Address, this can be specified as all
unassigned
(recommended) or we can specify the same IP address that
the default
website is bound to (ipconfig from a command prompt will
return this IP for
you.).
16.  Specify a different port than what the Default site
is running under.
We will use port 81 in my example. (netstat -a  will show
all open ports if
ran from a command prompt).
17.  Specify a host header.  This will correlate to a DNS
entry that we
will enter in future steps.  In this example, we will use
crmex as the host
header.
18.  Choose Next.
19.  We are now going to create a directory to house the
CRM Exchange
Website files.  This directory can be located anywhere on
the machine.
Typically it is located in the following directory
Inetpub | wwwroot  It is
located in this directory for manageability reasons.  For
this example we
will create a directory called CRM Exchange located in
the following:
Inetpub | wwwroot |CRM Exchange this is done through
Windows Explorer.
20.  Back on the Web Site Creation Wizard choose Browse
and navigate to the
CRM Exchange directory create in the previous step.
21.  The Allow Anonymous Access to this website can
remain
checked(required). (We do not have any files that will be
loaded in this
directory that can be exploited by scripts directly).
22.  Choose Next.
23.  In the next window, leave the defaults (Read, Run
Scripts).
24.  Choose Next.
25.  Choose Finish.
The CRM Exchange Website should now be created.  We can
now create an Alias
Record in DNS so it recognizes when we type http://crmex
in a web browser
it knows what site to access.

On your DNS machine:

26.  Launch the DNS console | Start Programs |
Administrative Tools | DNS.
27.  Expand the machine to Forward Lookup Zones and then
domain.
28.  Right Click on the Domain and choose New Alias.
29.  Provide the Alias Name.  This will be the same as we
specified in step
#7 from above.  In our example: crmex
30.  Provide the Fully Qualified Name for target host.
For this we will
browse out and choose the Host file for our Exchange
Server.
31.  Choose OK.
32.  You should now see a record in DNS that shows crmex
as a type of Alias
and Data of your Exchange Server (cwebex1.cweb.local in
my example).
33.  We may need to stop and start DNS. Not required but
typically
recommended for this to propagate to all DNS servers if
there are multiple.

We should now be ready to install the CRM Exchange
Connector:

34.  Run the Setup.exe on the CRM Server Disk #1 in the
Exchange Folder.
35.  Accept the License Agreement and Choose Next.
36.  Add the CRM Server: Machine Name as seen in Network
Identification on
the CRM Server.  In our example we will use cwebdell.
37.  Add the Microsoft CRM Website URL: http://crm or
http://cwebdell.  We
will have an alias created for our CRM Server so we can
enter either of
these site and it will recognize them.
38.  Choose Save and Choose Next.
39.  Enter the Login information to start the services.
This should be the
user that has Enterprise Admin Rights and Schema Rights.
This can be the
same user that installed CRM if they have these rights or
use an Exchange
Administrator.  This goes back to the case where the
Enterprise Admin and
the Schema Admin has access to the mailbox store as we
discussed in the
very first step #1.
40.  Choose Next.
41.  We will now choose the Web Site we created to house
the CRM Exchange
Connector files that we called CRM Exchange as defined in
step #13.
42.  Installation directory can reside in the default or
any drive if space
is an issue.
43.  Choose Next.
44.  Choose Install.

The CRM Exchange Connector should now be installed.  We
now need to confirm
the registry entries.
On the CRM Server:
45.  Goto Start | Run and type regedit and click Ok.
46.  Then browse to registry entry HKLM | Software |
Microsoft | MSCRM |
mailserverurl. This will potentially look like the
following:
http://cwebex110.6.6.7:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch
..SRF. We will
need to edit this to look like the following:
http://crmex:81/MSCRMConnector/ICRMEmailDispatch.SRF
where crmex is the
alias we have defined in both the host header information
for IIS on the
Exchange Server and the Alias entry we created for DNS.
47. Once edited we will need to Stop and Restart the CRM
Exchange Queue
Service on the Exchange Server by going to Start |
Programs |
Administrative Tools | Services and right click on the
CRM Exchange Queue
service and select restart.
48. The Microsoft CRM web client will now be able to send
email.

-
>-
>>----------------------------------------------
>>Error: <description>An unexpected error
>>occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
>>attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401
>>Access
>>Denied.</details><file>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\
>>
>>Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>>
>>Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
>>the email : HTTP status: 401 Access Denied.
>>
>>Source File:
>>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>>
>>Line Number: 47
>>
>>Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
>>(Exception e)
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
>>context)
>>   at
>>System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpAppli
>>tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>>   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
>>(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>>

>>.
>>

>.

0
anonymous
9/3/2004 6:35:18 PM
Kevin,

Sounds like someone changed the directory security settings after the router was
isntalled.  Typically, the routers sets that virtual directoory to allow
anonymous login.  As you saw, it is requiring credentials.

Either switch it back to allow anonymous, or unistall/reistall the router and it
should fix itself.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

-
>-
>>----------------------------------------------
>>Error: <description>An unexpected error
>>occurred.</description><details>An error occurred
>>attempting to dispatch the email : HTTP status: 401
>>Access
>>Denied.</details><file>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\
>>
>>Error Message: An unexpected error occurred.
>>
>>Error Details: An error occurred attempting to dispatch
>>the email : HTTP status: 401 Access Denied.
>>
>>Source File:
>>D:\CRM\Core\src\platform\include\proxy\proxyutil.h
>>
>>Line Number: 47
>>
>>Stack Trace Info:    at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError
>>(Exception e)
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain()
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
>>   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext
>>context)
>>   at
>>System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpAppli
>>tion+IExecutionStep.Execute()
>>   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep
>>(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)
>>

>>.
>>

>.

0
Matt

can't send or receive emails

Mysterious e-mails
i keep getting e-mails that look and appear that they have come from people either in my phone book or in some cases from people that have ligitimately e-mailed me or that I have e-mailed. In fact the e-mail has come from somewhere else even though the sender appears to be ligitimate. Most of these e-mails are dated 3 or four weeks old and show that they have been read in my inbox. I've asked a few people if they have forwarded the mail to me but they havn't. Most e-mails are selling Viagra or some other product. ??? any clue ??? Thanks in advance You're being spammed. First...

crm consultant needed asap

how do i send an e_mail from outlook?
please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? gholinezhad wrote: > please show me how do i send an e_mail from outlook? Is this real? Click on "New", write your mail and then click "Send" ...

Mail will not Send/Receive automatically
I have outlook set up to send/receive every minute but it suddenly stopped doing so. Anyone have ideas why? Robin Several. For starters, a one minute polling interval is just nuts. It is difficult to determine why automatic polling is failing when you do not post your mail account type, connection type and polling settings. If automatic polling once worked and now fails, you also need to examine what changes were made to your setup before automatic polling stopped working. In general, here are the reasons automatic polling might fail in Outlook: 1. You have created an unrealistic po...

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Outlook Mail via a PROXY SERVER?
If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer using a PROXY server on the host (first) computer. I can access the net using the PROXY settings on the Internet explorer. However, how do I download mail with OUTLOOK 2000? The proxy server is CCPROXY from YoungZSoft (this runs on XP) and it has the MAIL Settings enabled but the difficulty is what to do on the Second computer? Thanks, -- John jrg_REM_SPAM@bigpond.net.au That would be determined by the proxy manufacturer - check with their support. JM7 wrote: > If I am using a shared Internet service on a second computer ...

Mail enabled public folders / spam
Hello, For each of my users inbox I have exchange mark mail with the SCL and move anything over my threshold into their junk mail folder. This works pretty well and eliminates nearly all of the spam we get. I have not thus far managed to work out how to get this working for mail enabled public folders. How can I set this up (perhaps nominating anotehr folder as the 'junk mail' folder) or something similar? TIA, Nick ...

no access to send internet email

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

WLM Beta Junk Mail Filter
The junk mail filters has stopped filtering mail. The address shows in the list of blocked addresses but the mail is not filtered. The filter worked fine in WLM but I don't think it has worked since I loaded the Beta. Where exactly are you looking when you say the address is the same as the one in your Blocked Senders? The From line may not show the true entry, look at the entry in the From field you see after pressing Ctrl+F3 on that message. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "DickW2" wrote in message news:O7$LTHNMLHA.4084@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... T...

SQL Server Connection Failed
Hi everybody, this is my scenario: 1. Windows Server 2008 2. WSS 3.0 + MOSS 2007 3. SQL Server 2008. i'm having this problem: "Login failed for user 'sa'. Reason: An error occurred while evaluating the password. [CLIENT: 72.55.191.137]". in this momment i can't see any application from sharepoint. somebody knows how can i do? i don't change the sa password. i don't change anything in the sharepoint configuration. since two days ago i'm having this problem. pls, is very urgent, because i have to deliver this server the next monday to the...

Configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook
While trying to configure Ms CRM for outlook throws an error message HTTP Status 401: Unauthorized.Can anyone put me out of this issue. ...

Mail Merge to business cards
I am working on a huge project for work, creating Employee Photo ID cards. I have created a database for all the information including a hyperlink column for the photos. and am using business cards to print them on. I have two frustrating problems... 1. The pictures aren't loading into the cards. 2. I continue to get the error message "Publisher cannont merge with this number of pages" even though I have followed the instructions for the workaround. Any suggestions? Thanks Rita ...

OL 2000 should not autom send/receive on start
Hi, I found it in OL 2002 but not in OL 2000. How can I define, or better disable, that OL is trying to send/receive mails on starting and closing OL? And it should never automatically try every x minutes to do so. I found this option on OL2000 but my impression is, that OL is still polling the pop3 account for new mails. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks a lot Hans Tools->email accounts->send/receive settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail se...

how to know how many e-mail each user receives per day?
We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I would like to know how to get an average of how many e-mails each users send and receives per day. ...

Auto Delete the e-mail
Hi all We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. One mail box calls "Sales", i configured the achieve function for this mail box, this function will automatically delete mail if the mail is order than 7 days. But this function is not running if the outlook closed, is it possible this function running on server only, no need to open Microsoft Outlook for running the achieve function in client PC ? Philip In news:uApBq0j8FHA.2800@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Philip Tsang <philip@sib-infotech.com> typed: > Hi all > > We are using Microsoft Exchange 2003...

CRM v3r2
We use SBS 2003 R2 and I would like to install CRM v3r2. Where could download it? We have SA but we never received this latest release. TIA -- Stefano The 90-day eval is compatible with SBS 2003 R2 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=7D418781-69AD-422D-92FA-87FDB2538E2C&displaylang=en You'll also want to check out this paper on installing CRM on R2: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=46D1887A-DDCD-4ACB-829F-688618D91F1B&displaylang=en And, lastly, you'll want to install Rollup Update 2 for Microsoft CRM 3.0: http://support.micros...

Mail merge from excel
I am trying to merge a list of names from excel into publisher. When using the mail merge wizard it wont let me load the names all it says is f1 and f2. what am I doing wrong? any help is greatly appreciated. ...