Send Quote via Email

I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
Is this possible without getting too technical!
0
Utf
3/9/2006 2:10:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1413 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 36

Hi Andrew,

(1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge
    * Open the quote
    * File-->Format for Customer
    * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template
This template could potentially be modified for more/less data.

(2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox
The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the Downloads
section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import it 
to your reports section.

Hope one of these options work for you.
-- 
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager
Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights 
reserved.
"Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A48B2BD9-5DFA-4D5A-BB90-FD9AF99BB6C4@microsoft.com...
>I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
> Is this possible without getting too technical! 


0
Manisha
3/10/2006 6:32:46 AM
Hi,

"quote.dot" template doesn't work - all the lines that appear after {IF
«LastItem» ="1" "} doesn't appear in the merged quotation.

Martin Blatny

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> 
> (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge
>     * Open the quote
>     * File-->Format for Customer
>     * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template
> This template could potentially be modified for more/less data.
> 
> (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox
> The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the Downloads
> section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import it 
> to your reports section.
> 
> Hope one of these options work for you.
> -- 
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM
> 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights 
> reserved.
> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A48B2BD9-5DFA-4D5A-BB90-FD9AF99BB6C4@microsoft.com...
> >I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
> > Is this possible without getting too technical! 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
3/10/2006 8:42:26 AM
This is a known bug in CRM - no fix for it yet sadly

Roger
"Martin Blatny" <Martin Blatny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:0B213F01-F46A-4CC1-8CBD-AD3F53174D0E@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> "quote.dot" template doesn't work - all the lines that appear after {IF
> �LastItem� ="1" "} doesn't appear in the merged quotation.
>
> Martin Blatny
>
> "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge
>>     * Open the quote
>>     * File-->Format for Customer
>>     * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template
>> This template could potentially be modified for more/less data.
>>
>> (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox
>> The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the 
>> Downloads
>> section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import 
>> it
>> to your reports section.
>>
>> Hope one of these options work for you.
>> -- 
>> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
>> Program Manager
>> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All 
>> rights
>> reserved.
>> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A48B2BD9-5DFA-4D5A-BB90-FD9AF99BB6C4@microsoft.com...
>> >I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
>> > Is this possible without getting too technical!
>>
>>
>> 


0
Roger
3/12/2006 6:36:49 PM
I am also trying to do this. I can't follow these instructions, please could 
you elaborate.
How do I initiate a mail merge in outlook? If I select the quote I cannot 
find mail merge as an option.
Thanks,
Lorraine.
-- 
Lorraine Quigley


"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
> 
> (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge
>     * Open the quote
>     * File-->Format for Customer
>     * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template
> This template could potentially be modified for more/less data.
> 
> (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox
> The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the Downloads
> section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import it 
> to your reports section.
> 
> Hope one of these options work for you.
> -- 
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM
> 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights 
> reserved.
> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A48B2BD9-5DFA-4D5A-BB90-FD9AF99BB6C4@microsoft.com...
> >I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
> > Is this possible without getting too technical! 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
8/30/2006 5:09:02 PM
Hi Lorraine, to use mail merge for quote, one needs to select "Print for 
Customer" under the "File" menu. That will open the mail merge dialog for 
quotes. Then select "Quote.dot" from the "Mail Merge" tab and follow the 
mail merge process. At the end of this process, you should be able to see a 
completed quote document. Hope this helps.

-- 
Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
Program Manager
Microsoft Dynamics - CRM

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights 
reserved.
"Lorraine Quigley" <LorraineQuigley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:B39198B1-6CB1-4D39-81B4-466CED3D94EA@microsoft.com...
>I am also trying to do this. I can't follow these instructions, please 
>could
> you elaborate.
> How do I initiate a mail merge in outlook? If I select the quote I cannot
> find mail merge as an option.
> Thanks,
> Lorraine.
> -- 
> Lorraine Quigley
>
>
> "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrew,
>>
>> (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge
>>     * Open the quote
>>     * File-->Format for Customer
>>     * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template
>> This template could potentially be modified for more/less data.
>>
>> (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox
>> The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the 
>> Downloads
>> section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import 
>> it
>> to your reports section.
>>
>> Hope one of these options work for you.
>> -- 
>> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
>> Program Manager
>> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM
>>
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>> You assume all risk for your use. � 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All 
>> rights
>> reserved.
>> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A48B2BD9-5DFA-4D5A-BB90-FD9AF99BB6C4@microsoft.com...
>> >I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
>> > Is this possible without getting too technical!
>>
>>
>> 


0
Manisha
9/12/2006 7:32:41 PM
Hi Manisha,
How can I customize "Quote.dot" template? Pls advice.
I appreciate your time.
Thanks,
Venkat. 

"Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:

> Hi Lorraine, to use mail merge for quote, one needs to select "Print for 
> Customer" under the "File" menu. That will open the mail merge dialog for 
> quotes. Then select "Quote.dot" from the "Mail Merge" tab and follow the 
> mail merge process. At the end of this process, you should be able to see a 
> completed quote document. Hope this helps.
> 
> -- 
> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> Program Manager
> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM
> 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. 
> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights 
> reserved.
> "Lorraine Quigley" <LorraineQuigley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> message news:B39198B1-6CB1-4D39-81B4-466CED3D94EA@microsoft.com...
> >I am also trying to do this. I can't follow these instructions, please 
> >could
> > you elaborate.
> > How do I initiate a mail merge in outlook? If I select the quote I cannot
> > find mail merge as an option.
> > Thanks,
> > Lorraine.
> > -- 
> > Lorraine Quigley
> >
> >
> > "Manisha Powar (MSFT)" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Andrew,
> >>
> >> (1) In Outlook client using Mail Merge
> >>     * Open the quote
> >>     * File-->Format for Customer
> >>     * Walk through the mail merge steps using "quote.dot" template
> >> This template could potentially be modified for more/less data.
> >>
> >> (2) Download the sample quote report by EdMar from CRM Sandbox
> >> The rdl file is at http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm under the 
> >> Downloads
> >> section with title "Quote Sample Report". Download this file and import 
> >> it
> >> to your reports section.
> >>
> >> Hope one of these options work for you.
> >> -- 
> >> Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan)
> >> Program Manager
> >> Microsoft Dynamics - CRM
> >>
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> >> rights.
> >> You assume all risk for your use. © 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All 
> >> rights
> >> reserved.
> >> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:A48B2BD9-5DFA-4D5A-BB90-FD9AF99BB6C4@microsoft.com...
> >> >I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
> >> > Is this possible without getting too technical!
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
5/22/2007 10:40:01 AM
With the IE version of CRM 3.0 you can create a Quote email template by 
personalizing your Workplace.  The choice of fields is limited: you can get 
the quote total price but not the individual products breakdown.

The only way that I have found to send this email is to use the "Direct" 
email option, which means that you need the bulk emailer available and you 
cannot see the result.

"Andrew" wrote:

> I have created a quote and would like to send it via email
> Is this possible without getting too technical!
0
Utf
7/31/2007 9:52:00 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

error: symbol "feof" not found
Any ideas why I would get this error in the debug window when asking for feof(fp) error: symbol "feof" not foun I know it's old school, but I think it should work. It compiles just fine, but crashes at runtime on the while(!feof(fp)) statement. Then in the debugger window I ask for feof(fp) and get that error next to it Solved: Stray pointer caused this. ...

How do I empty the "Deleted Items" folder of a personal folder?
Some email goes straight into personal folders, because of the Rules I have set up. When I read the mail in a personal folder, and then delete the item, it shows up in the Deleted Items of that particular personal folder. How do I quickly empty the Deleted Items of a personal folder? Thanks. Right click it and choose "Empty Folder". -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----...

Area with id "VM" has an empty title.
Just started getting this error when I try to login and I cannot find where the error is coming from. No changes have been made that I am aware of. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Microsoft.Crm.Errors.CRMException: Area with id "VM" has an empty title. Source Error: An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web reque...

Mail go's to Badmail "This message does not have any recipients"
The problem I have is that email is being placed in the bad mail folder without an NDR. This email is send by our backup software ever night. When I check in the Bad mail dir the error listed is "This message does not have any recipients" Anyone have any ideas? ...

Send/Receive doesn't get Exchange 2000 mail
Outlook 2002 Send/Receive does not get mail from the Exchange server as expected. If you open a previous message the mail is properly retrieved from the Exchange 2000 server. Using Outlook 2003 Send/Receive works as expected. It's a problem with your NAT router and UDP: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q305572 -- "Gene" <gglenn@precisionimages.com> wrote in message news:0a9601c35dbc$0075a290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2002 Send/Receive does not get mail from the > Exchange server as expected. If you open a previous > message the ...

Send and receive message freeze...
When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? salernk@gmail.com <salernk@gmail.com> wrote: > When I open Entourage and press send and receive, it keeps on > freezing. I keep on having to restart it. I have had the program > for past several years and it's never done this.... whats going on? Corruption maybe?? Try launching Entourage pressing the option key down to rebuild your identity, Cor...

Combining "IF" statements
ok I know for instance: =IF(H50<0,0,H49) in other words I know how to do one IF statement, but what if I need t have more conditions? Such as: If value in cell is greater than 50,000, add cell H2 and H3 and H4 t it AND If value in that SAME cell is between 2,000 and 10,000, subtract cell K4 and K6 and add P7 AND If value in that SAME cell is less than 1,000, take the value in cel C5 and add it, zeroing out cell C5 in the process how do I combine statements like this? Besides only one statement i.e =IF(logical_test,Value if True, Value if False) Thanks so muc -- Message posted...

new emails
When I start a new email the text looks very small and hard to read but when I look at it in my sent folder it looks fine.... why? Have you checked your zoom level already? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/95 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Mike Bunting" <Mike Bunting@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:228BBE80-21D2-4ADF-9048-CFB6C9DA3E9...

Make vs. "Either"
Hello: I see one problem in GP Manufacturing 9.0 and 10.0 with having finished goods items set to "Make" instead of "Either". The problem is that the Standard Cost Changes window can only be used for items set with a "Buy" or "Either" status, according to the 9.0 training manual. (This issue, of course, does not apply to those that have the perpetual inventory valuation method.) Regardless, doesn't MRP have issues with items set up as "Either" instead of "Make"? childofthe1980s First, I have never had any problem using...

My forms will not work with my email when I click submit.
Sending Form Data via E-mail, it will open up my Email but, the data is NOT contained in the body of the e-mail message. The e-mail address I entered for the ACTION attribute shows up. BUT NOT DATA IS CONTAINED IN THE BODY. ***************************** <FORM METHOD=POST ENCTYPE="text/plain" ACTION="pamjck@juno.com"> Name: <INPUT TYPE="text" NAME="name"> <INPUT TYPE="submit" VALUE="submit button"> ******************************** why is my Email NOT working anymore and adding the data to the body of the e-mail ...

Watch/Ignore in email
What does the watch/ignore option mean in the email section? What does it mean when it says "this message is being watched" at the top of an email? Who is watching? If you're in outlook express - reading newsgroups for example - you can click the space underneath the eyeglasses and level with your message. this will change the colour to red (it does on mine). you can then sort your messages by clicking the eyeglasses at the top and the messages will be sorted showing the marked ones at the top of the page. This is very useful when you post to a newsgroup and don't want t...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

Outlook 2003 Hangs on download of email
Upgraded to Office 2003 and since installing, junkmail mail hangs up on the server. I am forced to go to the ISP and delete the mail from that location. I have tried with the junkmail filter both on and off. Sometimes it hangs and just sends multiple copies of other messages that download prior to it getting to the offending junkmail. I had no problem with the Office XP version of Outlook. Comcast offers no assistance; and to top it off, the Microsoft support site does not recognize the product ID from my new office product. Any ideas out there? Thanks, Doug ...

"Changed by" Column is empty
Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000 Hi, in my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty throughout all folders. When I change to my Team Mailbox, the "Changed by" column has the desired information. Even when I move a mail from the Team Mailbox to my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty. Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong. Thank you very much. Christoph ...

'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Performing registration" Project Name
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, all I wrote a COM project with VS2003, when I compile this project = ,finally I get the error like 'error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error = code from "Performing registration" Project Name. Any helpful ideas would be highly appreciated! -ja ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C80055.07F02D20 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable...

SDK Q: "taxes distribution(s) does not equal the actual amount" error when posting
I am trying to have our orders processing system properly populate the Great Plains tables so we can TRANSFER our orders to invoices (at which point third-party tools perform so WBS re-distribution) and then POST them to GL. Thanks to rrs1977@gmail.com for your previous help. With that, I've been able to get the system to create orders and batches which Dynamics allows our users to open and Transfer to invoice (and properly triggering our third-party redistribution utilities). However, when they try to post the invoices to GL, an error shows up indicating "taxes distribution(s...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Error after attempting to send message OTL6
each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 the send and receive bar will proceed right to the end and immediately post following: unknown error protocal:SMTP, port:0, Secure(SSL):No Error Number OX800C0131 The new window: DIRECTDB.DLL HAS COMMITTED ERROR MSIMN WILL CLOSE NOW PROPERTIES OF DIRECTDB.DLL IS VERSION 6.0.2800.1106 HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!! waynedog_7@passport.com <waynedog@prodigy.net> wrote: > each time i attempt to send a message in outlook6 Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Sending an email to multiple contacts
As suggested by people on one of these newsgroups, I have abandoned Outlook's broken distribution list functionality to use this "Categorize" feature. So I now have my hundreds of individuals all categorized and I want to send an email to everyone in a certain category. I do not see any sign that this functionality is supported, in fact, it seems like Microsoft actually broke the functionality intentionally. I have created my email and have opened my contacts. I sorted based upon category, selected the items in the category and dragged those items to the "To.....

Why receive duplicated copies of every email?
Hi there, I have an Exchange 2003 server. Users are using Outlook 2003. There is one issue with one user's account. When he sends out emails from his Outlook 2003, some recipients sometimes receive two copies of every email. It doesn't always happen, but the majority. He is sending to recipients individually, not any distribution group. If I look at the Massage Tracking from the System Manager, it does show those emails are delivered twice. Any idea would be greatly appreciated, Ross Are they delegates for anyone else on the DL? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replie...

Outlook 2007 Delegate not receiving invite emails
One of my assistants is not always receiving meeting invites (on behalf of) from our clients even though the executive she supports has her as a delegate. They are both using Outlook 2007 on a 2007 exchange server. Any ideas or others having this trouble? ...

trouble with rule to permanently delete email by sender
I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails. Consequently, I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from this person. However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am continuing to get (at least some) emails. So every time I get another email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to delete email from that email address. When I look at all my rules, it looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same email address. I assume t...

sending messages with attachments takes longer than usual
Hy everyone,for the last couple of days i've being trying to troubleshoot a problem on a windows 2000 network. All the workstations seem to share the same problem,if they send a message with a small attachment,there's no problem but as soon as the size of the attach reaches aproximately 400 Kbp,it takes an eternety to send the e- mail and sometimes doesn't even send it. I've being using a normal workastation winth win2000 server,and for the internet sharing i'm using wingate (i've checked the settings on the wingate's firewall and everything is set as default....

Set default "Sent Item Folder" when sending an email from Word
Hi i have 2 email account set up in Outlook 2007, on POP3 account and an IMAP account. Outlook is configured to store sent items in the Sent Items Folder of my IMAP account. When i send an email from Word 2007 (as an attachment) it is saved in Sent Items Folder of my POP3 account; it can be changed while in the email document, Options, and there changing the defualt Sent Item Folder to "default" (checked); once i do that the message is saved in the correct folder (IMAP account) otherwise it is saved in the POP3 account. Is there a way to set this option as defult? to h...