Send Email Permissions

We are trying to send emails to a group of contacts using the IE client.  We
are going to tools, advanced find to define a group of contacts.  Then we
choose actions, send direct email.

When we choose a template and try to complete the activity, we get a message
saying that the user doesn't have permission for this action.

Our administrative users can perform this action, but the Salesperson and
Customer Service Users are not able to complete the action.  We have perused
the security role settings but are unable to figure out which one is
affecting this.

Any ideas?

0
Greg
11/15/2005 4:11:02 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Greg,

I had exactly the same issue and Matt Parks kindly pointed me at the
following KB article on PartnerSource - it worked for us.

Apparently it is because the user account does not have Local Activation
permission on the CrmBulkMailService DCOM object.
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKOYVTOLQWXPSLWRZZXZQYZUQUYNULQWNMZKMMNPQUQLNPVRTTXVNONULVNXOYZVSPUTLRTQYOZLQQTQZ

Regards

Ian

"Greg Williams" <gwilliams@safetynet-inc.com> wrote in message
> We are trying to send emails to a group of contacts using the IE client.
We
> are going to tools, advanced find to define a group of contacts.  Then we
> choose actions, send direct email.
>
> When we choose a template and try to complete the activity, we get a
message
> saying that the user doesn't have permission for this action.
>
> Our administrative users can perform this action, but the Salesperson and
> Customer Service Users are not able to complete the action.  We have
perused
> the security role settings but are unable to figure out which one is
> affecting this.
>
> Any ideas?

0
Ian

problems when emailing multiple attachments
When sender sends an email that has multiple attachments the receiver receives duplicates of some of the attachments and doesn't receive others. Stated this seemed to be a random problem Has anyone ever heard of this before. thanks. ...

Emails Don't Show Up Right Away
Hello, When I try and connect to Outlook 2003 from IPSEC on my home desktop(to get to my company's intranet, etc.), the new messages do not come up right away or reflect the way Outlook was when I left work for the day.. At the bottom of the screen there is a note that Outlook is connecting and then eventually the new messages do come up as well as the system making itself current with when I left work that day. In the past, before I had XP and Office 2003, the new messages would come up as soon as I logged onto IPSEC. Is there a setting I need to change in Outlook 2003? What e...

create a mailing group of 645 contacts for marketing email
i would like to create a mailing group of 645 contacts for monthly marketing info. any suggestions? "cweed" <cweed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7178EF85-78FE-467A-8BBB-FD966B276B74@microsoft.com... > i would like to create a mailing group of 645 contacts for monthly > marketing > info. any suggestions? Are these recipients already in your Contacts? If so and if your version of Outlook supports it, use a Category for that number rather than a Distribution List. I'd use a commercial newsletter service. Or mail merge. -- ...

Sent Folders with multiple email addresses
I have 3 email addresses from my ISP (not Hotmail, Yahoo or a similar service). I recently had to reimage my PC and after reinstalling Office 2007, Outlook is not functioning as it did before. If I send an email from address-1 (the main one) or address -2 (my wife's) those sent messages show up in the Sent folder for that personal folders section. But when I send an email from address -3 (mine), it shows up in the Sent items folder for address -1. I set up rules to have incoming mail to address -2 or -3 got to the inbox of those personal folder sections, that works ...

911 Self email ISSUE (MVP's please respondq)
Hello, i am getting this weired reports that many users were receiving emails sent from their own account whch they never sent. every day this number is increasing. Users did not sent those emails, neither anyone else sent it from Outlook web access. Those users are not infected with viruses, i am not lost where should i start troubleshooting this issue? G I'm seeing this in my Exchange box and also at my home ISP's pop3 mailboxes. I think this is the new age spam?? R Green "R06" <R06@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37B080A2-6CA5-4CE6-93AA-7A...

General email configuration problems SBS2k3 with Exchange
Hello I am very new and just starting to get to grips with exchange. I am having all kinds of problems after the initial installation. 1. i still have the primary smtp set with @company.local which mean the reply to address is wrong. when i try and change this to the correct address none of the mailboxes receive email!! which i find strange. 2. In this state all the emails are lost i cannot find where these emails are going too, if at all stored. 3. read receipts are not processed and do not know how to receive these. can anyone help as i am getting more and more confused You need to ...

gateway was unable to validate the email address
Hello, Receving this error when trying to send document through Outlook using a RightFax extension. "Your fax has not been sent. The gateway was unable to validate the e-mail address of the message sender. The message has been discarded." Any information regarding this issue would be much appreciated. Thank you, L.Eli admin@leli.org you may need to check the rightfax documentation, but it sounds like the gateway authenticates by email address and it's not configured to allow your address. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 H...

Problems receiving email through a network
I have 2 computers on a network, both running win xp pro. I have just set the client pc up to send and receive emails through outlook xp, but it won't work. I can browse the internet fine on the client pc, and everything else is working, I just can't log onto the pop & smtp servers through it. Reported error is: (0x80042108) Any ideas would be very much appreciated :) Thanks ...

Email Policy - Corporate Practices
Exchange 5.5/NT4.0 - our setup, soon being migrated by a professional company to Windows 2003 Domain/Exchange 2003. Right now, we have about 58 users on exchange 5.5 Smallest user maintains their mailbox healthy, around 60megs on any given day, and they've been here for 2 years. Other users, who have been here for let's say 8 months, have a 1.7gig mailbox. From time to time, we have to get users to "shave" their data down, by removing stuff they truely don't need, remove items from deleted items, and maintain sent items in a timely fashion....basically saying t...

Which CRM ? Which Email Client?
Hello, I have been using Outlook Express for years. It is fast, simple, and clean. Now I need a CRM software, but the ones I looked at integrate with Outlook (not express). Outlook (not express) is confusing. I do not know what I should do. Is Outlook 2007 much better than it's predecessor? I am contemplating salesforce.com, ACT, Goldmine, Miaximzer. I hate to download them, then spend the time to learn them, in order to find out which best suits meets my needs. Please share your thoughts with me. Thank you very much. Best Regards, T.I. GoldMine is a program that run...

Win XP & 2 email accounts
I am trying to use two email addresses in Outlook. I set up the first one and logged off computer, set up new user and set up second email address. It will not open. Same pop & smtp addresses, different ID, user name and password. Any issues with XP Pro, MS Outlook 2000 and more than one email address on the same computer. I appreciate any help and suggestions. ...

publisher using wrong email client how to change default?
Ok - MS Pub 2007 is trying to send through windows mail I have switched to Windows Live mail. How do I tell publisher to use windows live mail and not windows mail? Robin1only wrote: > Ok - MS Pub 2007 is trying to send through windows mail I have > switched to Windows Live mail. How do I tell publisher to use > windows live mail and not windows mail? =================================== Have a look at the following articles: Windows Vista - Setting the Default Email Client http://tinyurl.com/2ygtyt or... http://freeemailtutorials.com/microsoftWindows/setDefaultEmailClientOnWi...

Pictures in body of email instead of as attachments
Hi How do I put pictures/graphics in the body of an email instead of it becoming an attachment Using Outlook 2003 -- Martin ���� On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 13:01:43 +0100, Martin ���� @nohere.net wrote: >Hi >How do I put pictures/graphics in the body of an email instead of it >becoming an attachment >Using Outlook 2003 I found the answer in another thread To insert a picture as an attachment Insert-> File... To insert a picture in the body Insert-> Picture... -- Martin ���� Martin ���� @nohere.net <Martin ���� @nohere.net> wrote: > How do I put pictures/graphics ...

Help segmenting emails in add. to "Folders"
I'm using OE6 and adore it; have gmail forwarded in. XP Pro, and IE7 in place. I'm on a board that means constant important email coming in all the time, with attachments - considerable amount is confidential. Keeping everyone in my Folders array is driving me bonkers. Can you suggest anything else, or another process to keep this board work all in one place by "itself?" Incidentally, knowing OE is going . . . I tried uploading Live but it screwed up my computer so much I had to dc it - all my .eml icons were changed, and could NOT be opened. I nearly had a ...

can't send + receive mail
>Who knows what to do? Can't receive nor send emails. >comes up with: An unknown error has occurred. >Account: 'mail.bigpond.com', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', >Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: >0x800C012E >-----Original Message----- >>Who knows what to do? Can't receive nor send emails. >>comes up with: An unknown error has occurred. >>Account: 'mail.bigpond.com', Server: 'mail.bigpond.com', >>Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error >Number: >>0x800C012E >...

MS Outlook 2003 Blank Emails
Has anyone come up with an answer for the Blank Emails in Outlook 2003? This has been going on for a while and I am starting to think that Eudora would make a better mail client. If anyone has a fix for this pleasereply to the group as there are many people who seem to have the same problem Ed I think I'm having the same problem. I can't see any of my messages. I can view who its from and the subject but can't see the message itself it's blank. Even all my old messages. Is that the same problem you have. Fred >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone come up with...

Outlook Keeps trying to send - Reprts Fail
Outlook keeps trying to send 4 emails from one of my email accounts....ones which i believe i have already sent - it reports back with a failure to send the mail messages...however i cant find any trace of what its trying to send as there are no messages in the outbox? How do i determine what its trying to send so i can delete them or send them from another account thanks JPHCCFC "JPHCCFC" <jon.horsman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1134963998.324333.148930@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Outlook keeps trying to send 4 emails from one of my email > accounts....one...

Email fonts changes
When sending out an email, sometimes the fonts change once it gets to the recipient, I've installed Service Pack 3, but still get the same problem. Its not always constant. Any clues? You didn't say what version of Outlook you're using or what format these problem messages are using. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Daniel Carmona" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c3e01c46501$eaba...

Emails delete in Entourage but not on Exchange server (Sync issues)

Distribution list will not accept external email
I create a distribution list with smtp address. Internal user can email the distribution list without any problem. However, external user cannot email the distribution list. When an external user email the distribution list the email get retun with delivery failure. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, BD Is it setup to accept email from authenticated users only or has any other delivery restrictions? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Exc Distribution list" <Exc Distribution list@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1481CEAE...

Outlook 2002 XP Won't Send/Receive Email
I use Outlook 2002 XP with Win 98SE. I have 3 email accounts (all settings verified /all patches & updates installed / no virus issues). 2002XP no longer displays my email accounts in the dropdown...in fact the send option button no longer appears. I have tried repairing as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook. I can send/receive email if I switch to Outlook Express 6 as my default email program. XP worked great for 1 yr + and now doesn't function for email. HELP PLEASE. ...

Emailing from Outlook #3
I cant receive messages in outlook ??............i have a hotmail account [outlook live]..am able to send them though??..please can anyone advise me!!!!..gone through all the set account process and still nothing?? ...

Send to Compressed Folder
Hi, Can anyone tell me if there is a way of replicating the Send To > Compressed (zipped) folder function that is available in explorer from within my Access vba code? My program will operate in an Access2003 / Windows XP environment. Thanks, Jim Hi All, Actually I think I have found the answer to my own question (for once!) But in case anyone else wants to do the same thing, the following bit of code is my adaptation of something posted by Ron de Bruin. Sub Zip_BackEnd() Dim strMDBFile Dim strZIPFile Dim oApp As Object strMDBFile = "C:\Test.mdb" ...

Windows 2002 How to put email attachment in the header To/CC/Subj
I have Windows 2002 and lost my settings. I don't want my attachments in the body of the email but want it up in the header. How do you change the settings so attachments are put there instead of the body of the email. Change your message format to HTML or Plain Text; Tools-> Options-> tab Message Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "PC" <PC@disc...

Can only send email from office
I can send and receive email using Outlook 2002 (XP) on my laptop from my office with no problems. And I can receive email with no problems when I am away from the office. But when I try to send emails when I am out I get an "Undeliverable" message from the System Administrator. It says: >>Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: lists the subject Sent: 05/22/04 10:55 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'P___B__r' on 05/22/04 10:55 PM 473 p__b__r@yahoo.com relaying prohibited. ...