Send Direct Email does nothing - no history, no email. Help!

I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so
whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos!

Here's the deal:  This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0.  I
did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in
both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the
correct privledges.

I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at
an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  I received it and
it was logged into history properly.  Yeah!

I then created another contact at a different (again, external) domain
and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  Nothing was ever received and nothing
was ever logged into history.

What would possibly make this work for just a few contacts and fail for
most?  Incidentally emails work every single time if the contact is
actually opened and emailed directly.  This only occurs from the search
/ directory / whatever it's called screen.

What in the world is going on here?  The bulk email service is
(obviously) running, I have all the rights, emails go out otherwise,
but 95% of the time the do nothing went sent from the search /
directory for Contacts screen.  It makes no difference it I select one
person or a dozen, only a very select few will receive it and have it
logged into history this way.

Any and all suggestions are welcome - I'm at the end of my rope here!

Thanks....

0
Magua
8/2/2006 2:33:44 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Try this:
Go to START -> Program -> Administrative tools -> Services,
then open "microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" and clik "log on" tab,
and then pick "local system account".
Restart service and try to send direct email...

In my case this help :)

„Magua” pisze:

> I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so
> whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos!
>
> Here's the deal:  This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0.  I
> did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in
> both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the
> correct privledges.
>
> I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at
> an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  I received it and
> it was logged into history properly.  Yeah!
>
> I then created another contact at a different (again, external) domain
> and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  Nothing was ever received and nothing
> was ever logged into history.
>
> What would possibly make this work for just a few contacts and fail for
> most?  Incidentally emails work every single time if the contact is
> actually opened and emailed directly.  This only occurs from the search
> / directory / whatever it's called screen.
>
> What in the world is going on here?  The bulk email service is
> (obviously) running, I have all the rights, emails go out otherwise,
> but 95% of the time the do nothing went sent from the search /
> directory for Contacts screen.  It makes no difference it I select one
> person or a dozen, only a very select few will receive it and have it
> logged into history this way.
>
> Any and all suggestions are welcome - I'm at the end of my rope here!
>
> Thanks....

Hi,

I have the same issue.
I changed  CRM Bulk E-mail Service to log as a local system account but
nothing changed, no history no email no any error. Although with normal email
everything works correct.  Any other suggestions?

I use SMTP server for outbound emails may be that is the problem?
--
Nina

"Perf" wrote:

> Try this:
> Go to START -> Program -> Administrative tools -> Services,
> then open "microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" and clik "log on" tab,
> and then pick "local system account".
> Restart service and try to send direct email...
>
> In my case this help :)
>

> „Magua” pisze:
>
> > I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so
> > whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos!
> >
> > Here's the deal:  This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0.  I
> > did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in
> > both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the
> > correct privledges.
> >
> > I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at
> > an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  I received it and
> > it was logged into history properly.  Yeah!
> >
> > I then created another contact at a different (again, external) domain
> > and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  Nothing was ever received and nothing
> > was ever logged into history.
> >
> > What would possibly make this work for just a few contacts and fail for
> > most?  Incidentally emails work every single time if the contact is
> > actually opened and emailed directly.  This only occurs from the search
> > / directory / whatever it's called screen.
> >
> > What in the world is going on here?  The bulk email service is
> > (obviously) running, I have all the rights, emails go out otherwise,
> > but 95% of the time the do nothing went sent from the search /
> > directory for Contacts screen.  It makes no difference it I select one
> > person or a dozen, only a very select few will receive it and have it
> > logged into history this way.
> >
> > Any and all suggestions are welcome - I'm at the end of my rope here!
> >
> > Thanks....

I am having the same trouble as you Nina, and have been chasing this for a
few days now. Everything else works fine, except for the "Send Direct Email",
with no errors, nothing in SMTP logs etc.
I have a development instyallation that is functioning perfectly fine....

I have tried the suggestions that Perf has made, but also had no success.

I have placed a call with MS support, but without errors or logs, I am not
sure how far we will get with this.

I would like to know if you have resolved this, I in turn will let you know
if I resolve the problem on my system.

"Nina" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the same issue.
> I changed  CRM Bulk E-mail Service to log as a local system account but
> nothing changed, no history no email no any error. Although with normal email
> everything works correct.  Any other suggestions?
>
> I use SMTP server for outbound emails may be that is the problem?
> --
> Nina
>

> "Perf" wrote:
>
> > Try this:
> > Go to START -> Program -> Administrative tools -> Services,
> > then open "microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" and clik "log on" tab,
> > and then pick "local system account".
> > Restart service and try to send direct email...
> >
> > In my case this help :)
> >

> > „Magua” pisze:
> >
> > > I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so
> > > whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos!
> > >
> > > Here's the deal:  This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0.  I
> > > did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in
> > > both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the
> > > correct privledges.
> > >
> > > I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at
> > > an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  I received it and
> > > it was logged into history properly.  Yeah!
> > >
> > > I then created another contact at a different (again, external) domain
> > > and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  Nothing was ever received and nothing
> > > was ever logged into history.
> > >
> > > What would possibly make this work for just a few contacts and fail for
> > > most?  Incidentally emails work every single time if the contact is
> > > actually opened and emailed directly.  This only occurs from the search
> > > / directory / whatever it's called screen.
> > >
> > > What in the world is going on here?  The bulk email service is
> > > (obviously) running, I have all the rights, emails go out otherwise,
> > > but 95% of the time the do nothing went sent from the search /
> > > directory for Contacts screen.  It makes no difference it I select one
> > > person or a dozen, only a very select few will receive it and have it
> > > logged into history this way.
> > >
> > > Any and all suggestions are welcome - I'm at the end of my rope here!
> > >
> > > Thanks....

I too am having the same issue.  When sending a direct email it looks as
though everything is working - there are no error messages - but no email is
sent and nothing is logged into the history.

"Ashley" wrote:

> I am having the same trouble as you Nina, and have been chasing this for a
> few days now. Everything else works fine, except for the "Send Direct Email",
> with no errors, nothing in SMTP logs etc.
> I have a development instyallation that is functioning perfectly fine....
>
> I have tried the suggestions that Perf has made, but also had no success.
>
> I have placed a call with MS support, but without errors or logs, I am not
> sure how far we will get with this.
>
> I would like to know if you have resolved this, I in turn will let you know
> if I resolve the problem on my system.
>
> "Nina" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the same issue.
> > I changed  CRM Bulk E-mail Service to log as a local system account but
> > nothing changed, no history no email no any error. Although with normal email
> > everything works correct.  Any other suggestions?
> >
> > I use SMTP server for outbound emails may be that is the problem?
> > --
> > Nina
> >

> > "Perf" wrote:
> >
> > > Try this:
> > > Go to START -> Program -> Administrative tools -> Services,
> > > then open "microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" and clik "log on" tab,
> > > and then pick "local system account".
> > > Restart service and try to send direct email...

Late last year, I made a microsoft support call with this issue.
We did a whole load of troubleshooting, via a CRM diagnostic tool. This did
show up some other strange errors with regard to the CRM installation, but
nothing that pointed to why the BulkEmail Service was not sending mail.

I suggested that at some point in the future, that I would be reinstalling
windows, and then reinstalling CRM on top - and MS support agreed that this
may be a faster method of getting the system running, rather than finding out
the issue on the existing system.

I am yet to see if a reinstall will fix  the issue, however if it does, I
will post here.

"Maria" wrote:

> I too am having the same issue.  When sending a direct email it looks as
> though everything is working - there are no error messages - but no email is
> sent and nothing is logged into the history.
>

> "Ashley" wrote:
>
> > I am having the same trouble as you Nina, and have been chasing this for a
> > few days now. Everything else works fine, except for the "Send Direct Email",
> > with no errors, nothing in SMTP logs etc.
> > I have a development instyallation that is functioning perfectly fine....
> >
> > I have tried the suggestions that Perf has made, but also had no success.
> >
> > I have placed a call with MS support, but without errors or logs, I am not
> > sure how far we will get with this.
> >
> > I would like to know if you have resolved this, I in turn will let you know
> > if I resolve the problem on my system.
> >
> > "Nina" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have the same issue.
> > > I changed  CRM Bulk E-mail Service to log as a local system account but
> > > nothing changed, no history no email no any error. Although with normal email
> > > everything works correct.  Any other suggestions?
> > >
> > > I use SMTP server for outbound emails may be that is the problem?
> > > --
> > > Nina

I have asked the customer who fixed the same problem. The onlly one they have
done was setup of SMTP server but unfortunately they cannot remember what
exactly it was.
So at least may be it helps somebody to search in right direction
--
Nina

"Ashley" wrote:

> I am having the same trouble as you Nina, and have been chasing this for a
> few days now. Everything else works fine, except for the "Send Direct Email",
> with no errors, nothing in SMTP logs etc.
> I have a development instyallation that is functioning perfectly fine....
>
> I have tried the suggestions that Perf has made, but also had no success.
>
> I have placed a call with MS support, but without errors or logs, I am not
> sure how far we will get with this.
>
> I would like to know if you have resolved this, I in turn will let you know
> if I resolve the problem on my system.
>
> "Nina" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have the same issue.
> > I changed  CRM Bulk E-mail Service to log as a local system account but
> > nothing changed, no history no email no any error. Although with normal email
> > everything works correct.  Any other suggestions?
> >
> > I use SMTP server for outbound emails may be that is the problem?
> > --
> > Nina
> >

> > "Perf" wrote:
> >
> > > Try this:
> > > Go to START -> Program -> Administrative tools -> Services,
> > > then open "microsoft CRM Bulk E-mail Service" and clik "log on" tab,
> > > and then pick "local system account".
> > > Restart service and try to send direct email...

I've recently run into this issue too.
I could send the email but one of the end users could not.
In the end I gave her System Administration rights and she was able to send
all her emails with not problems (over 7000 emails).
This points to an issue with the Security Roles.

I'm currently going through the Security Roles to find out what missing.

If I get anywhere soon I'll post here.

"Magua" wrote:

> I've been searching for a solution to this issue for a few days now, so
> whoever can help me resolve this will get a large supply of kudos!
>
> Here's the deal:  This sytem was recently upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0.  I
> did the upgrade myself and my user belongs to the powerful groups in
> both Active Directory and CRM so I'm pretty darn sure I've got the
> correct privledges.
>
> I created a Contact in CRM (another version of myself with an email at
> an external domain) and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  I received it and
> it was logged into history properly.  Yeah!
>
> I then created another contact at a different (again, external) domain
> and clicked 'Send Direct Email'.  Nothing was ever received and nothing
> was ever logged into history.
>
> What would possibly make this work for just a few contacts and fail for
> most?  Incidentally emails work every single time if the contact is
> actually opened and emailed directly.  This only occurs from the search
> / directory / whatever it's called screen.
>
> What in the world is going on here?  The bulk email service is
> (obviously) running, I have all the rights, emails go out otherwise,
> but 95% of the time the do nothing went sent from the search /
> directory for Contacts screen.  It makes no difference it I select one
> person or a dozen, only a very select few will receive it and have it
> logged into history this way.
>
> Any and all suggestions are welcome - I'm at the end of my rope here!
>
> Thanks....

"unsending" outlook express email?
Help, my sis and I are having a heated discussion via email. I sent my latest late last nite, but now our Mom's in the hospital. Is there a way to retrieve my last sent email before my sis reads?....I'd rather delay to a better time. THX "khood" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:043801c3d631$0dbc4650$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Help, my sis and I are having a heated discussion via > email. I sent my latest late last nite, but now our Mom's > in the hospital. Is there a way to retrieve my last sent > email before my sis reads...

Help
In the last three days, I have unable to download attachments. Previously I had no problem. When I attempt to open my attachments, I get a window called File Conversion filled with ASCII characters. Need info on how to correct this. It sounds as if these attachments are defaulting to Microsoft Word to open. What types of files are these? What are the file extensions? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Manville" <bjmanville@sbcglobal.net&g...

Send email to custom entities in CRM 3.0
How do I send email to entities other than account, contact, leads and users? Not possible. "Andy" wrote: > How do I send email to entities other than account, contact, leads and > users? > I found out the following: It turns out every CRM 3.0 email is made out of three types of records, all of which are tied together through a common ActivityId: activitypointer - this is the main record and it holds the fields common to all activities email - this holds fields uniquely related to emails such as the mime type, tracking token, etc. activityparty - this holds sender and...

Windows live won't print single page email... prints eye charts only?
Can someone tell me WHY the body of any email invoice has to be printed with BIG text (1/8th inch tall) and be spread across 2 to 3 pages???? Do I need to get away from HP? Do I need to get away from Microsoft? Does Apple have this problem? Can I go back to like Windows 3.1 on my new pavilion? It's real simple. I run a small home based business. I don't even use my computer to do that, except I sometimes order parts online and thus receive invoices via email. For tax purposes, I need to make a hard copy. I've tried everything I can but CANNOT reduce the text si...

SENDOBJECT
I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is working great. I recently got a request from management to send email on behalf of another user, say sales@anycompany.com I know how to do this from within Outlook using the Delegate option in Exchange, The question is: How do I send email using the FROM option that outlook uses in the SendObject ? I would appreciate any information or workaround. thank you. LA lalexander wrote: > I'm using the SendObject to programatically send emails , which is > working great. > > I ...

help help remote login
i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i don't know how to get in to do simple things like delete the bad mail folder ect.. or access simple files. if some one could guide me the right way or help it would be muc appriciated. thanks tony Have you considered remote desktop? Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E47D75F-8825-4766-A4B1-49573815A158@microsoft.com... >i need to access the exchange server remotly. we have a vpn set up and i > don't know how to get in to do simple things like dele...

help
how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 A single card? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "notoes" <notoes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09072BB4-4BB5-45E1-973A-32D0538D4999@microsoft.com... > how to enlarge publisher business card to letter size 8.5x11 must have a big wallet to keep them in -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotnospammail.com> wrote i...

missing email
My laptop connects to the company network during the day. When I take the laptop on the road, I look for email that was available while in the network and can't find it. Some of the email is present and some not. What gives? How can I be sure that the email I want to have avaialable when off the network is available? ...

photos in body of email
When I paste a photo into the body of an email, OL2003 sends the photos as an attachments and the recipient sees boxes with a red "X" in the corner. Question: How can I embed the photo into the body of the email so that the recipient can view the photos when he opens the email? On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:09:12 -0700, "Mark Flynn" <flynn@NoSpam.uci.net> wrote: >Question: How can I embed the photo into the body of the email so that the >recipient can view the photos when he opens the email? When composing a new email, go up to 'Format' and select HTML. ...

HELP!!!!!!!
Hello! I'm doing a sheet at work and I'm having some problems, I need your help! Whay I have is a sheet with some columns and rows. - 1: Can I put "filters" on SOME columns only? I can put filter with auto-filter to all columns, but it makes no sense... How to put on SOME only? - 2: Can I auto create a book when inserting some data on a cell (write down something on a blank cell)? use the same name as text written on cell? - 3: Complete some cells auto from specific cells on other sheet (file) of excel? - 4: Hide some columns so some users on a Domain don't see......

Urgent Help Required on Excel Macro Problem
Hi there, We are facing one problem from around 2 months.Some of our users have XF_SIC.A virus found in their pc.XF_SIC.A virus generally found in excel workbook as macro virus.This virus create one excel 4.0 macro sheet with "very hidden and very protected" attributes in excel 97 workbooks which can't be removed as it is not seen.every time when infected excel 97 file opens it infect the default startup excel file(Book1 placed in XLSTART folder) and then every excel file that will be open will have infection as default file book1 infected.now our antivirus software mcafe...

Supplemental info to "HELP-excel date malfunction
Here's some additional info to the earlier post on the date cell function malfunction. Been isolated to the function to insert the date (cell format/date). It seems the application cannot interpret the system date properly. Always inserts/interprets the date as CurrentMonth-01-2011, instead of actual date. I cannot use the application this way. I am using the 'general' setting in cell format, then entering the string Month(abr)-day [eg= dec-17] instead of letting application enter the date automatically. Is there a patch available for this issue? -- Visit Family Rad...

retrieving email from server
How do you set the timing for retrieving email from server. I would like to have Outlook retieve them several times a day, automatically ...

Help: how to print fill pattern well in any printers
As we know, for display, we can call CreatePatternBrush() to create a 8pixel * 8pixel to fill a region. It is perfect for display in the display device and some printers. But In some high-res printer, the fill pattern is printed as gray. (the fill pattern is printed so densy that it looks like a solid gray block, for example, some HP printers and Acrobat PDF printer). I have tried a bigger bitmap brush according to the printer device's resolution. But It is still bad for some printers. Any suggestion is appreciated. Is there any way that is suitable for any printers? ...

Allow email templates to be sent to internal users and groups
Need the ability, for example in a lead, to email using a template to internal users for notification of assignments, etc...as well as in other record entities in workflow allow to email to multiple user's internal users instead of just one - this is useful for notifying groups that need do complete collective processes that are too complicated to send out a task for each. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If y...

Going Back in History formula?
How can I express a formula that would back 300 rows and look at every other row for the 3 cells with random single digits from 0 to 9 and calculate, the how many rows back since the oldest 0-9 digit occurred in cell 1 answer, cell 2 answer and 3 answer, then calculate which 0-9 digit has not occurred in cell 1, cell 2 and cell 3 the longest and displays how many row back since the last occurrence. So that would be 4 separate formulas ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...

How to access help?
That office assistant thing is useless to me. It says you can switch it off but how? And where do I find stock standard help? Or does that only come up when you've got the paperclip switched off? In which case, again, how do I switch the thing off? How to modify or remove Office Assistant Help in Office 2000 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/203689/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "abrogard" <abrogard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:36DF541B-4845-454E-B610-4BA5DFD28952@mi...

Sending a message to a static control
How can I update a static control on a DialogBox from a worker thread, assuming that I have the pointer to the DialogBox in the worker thread? <peteolcott@cox.net> wrote in message news:d0df7977-db84-45ea-9ca0-ddf2003de4aa@n20g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > How can I update a static control on a DialogBox from a worker thread, > assuming that I have the pointer to the DialogBox in the worker thread? pDialog->PostMessage(...) An example is here.. http://vcfaq.mvps.org/mfc/12.htm -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] PostMessage a user-defined message to the dialog box, and have ...

formulas changing when emailed
At work, I have created a spreadsheet that has links to workbooks in a user drive..called the "U: drive." When I transfer this excel project to others via email, I make sure that the other workbooks also have the same name in their U: drive as well. However, whenever I email it... I have to change many of the formulas at their computers bc the references in my formulas change to a really long string. I have tried using "CNTL+H" to replace the "=" to a "+" but it doesn't work for me bc I have "+" "=" elsewhere in my formulas....

Outlook 2003 Cannot Send Mail via POP/SMTP
I have a number of remote users who POP's mail into and out of our Exchange 2000 box. One is unable to send mail to anyone (either within the organisation or to external addresses), so I have temporarily discounted relaying as an issue, although I have checked the settings on the virtual server and they are all correct (allowing authenticated users to relay mail etc.) Receiving seems OK. The user has Outlook 2003 (fresh install) on Windows XP (fresh install). Log file: 2004.07.29 15:29:39 <<<< Logging Started (level is LTF_TRACE) >>>> 2004.07.29 15:29:39 server.d...

Help with RecordSetClone
Hello, this is my first attempt at using recordsetclone to look at the same field on a continuous form and update the field. I have looked at other examples on this forum and put together the below code but I keep getting an "invalid argument 3001 error" when it reaches the first .FindNext. With Me!subfrmPersons.Form.RecordsetClone .Bookmark = Me!subfrmPersons.Form.Bookmark .FindNext Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] MsgBox Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB] 'for testing only If Not IsNull(Me!subfrmPersons.Form![DOB]) Then Me!subfrmPersons.Form! [Age]...

Send Button Missing in Outlook 2002
I just changed ISP accounts and now I don't see my SEND button in Outlook 2002. I am running Windows 98 with Office XP. My ISP says my problem is nothing in their setup - it is a customization problem in Outlook. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated. I am frustrated that I cannot access my email from Outlook. Thank you. With Outlook closed search your computer for a file called outcmd.dat When you find it, rename it outcmd.old Reopen Outlook. Any better? "Abby" <chevw374@fast.net> wrote in message news:03bf01c34822$eace1c50$a601280a@...

Junk Email #9
Hi, All of a sudden, the Junk e-mail filter seems not to be working in Outlook 2003. Junk Email setting is set to "High: Most junk e-mail is caught, but some regular mail may be caught as well..." Any suggestions? Thanks Rich ...

Exchange 2003 : Log for an email process...
Hi, How do I check the log for an email. For example, user A mailbox, what is the incoming and outgoing emails for that mailbox for the past few days ? Thank you. Regards, Zul Use the Message Tracking feature in Exchange System Manager. This uses the tracking logs held in the servername.log share under your \exchsrvr folder. There are 3rd party tools that can elaborate on these logs, two of which I detail here: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/08/exchange_messag.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com &quo...

Email display problem
I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received - how do I put them back? thanks! -- Michael Abraham Toronto, Canada Put them back where, exactly? Where are they missing from? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:%23whdIyAmDHA.424@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl, Michael Abraham wrote: > I've lost the "to" and "from" lines from the emails I've received - > how do I put...