Security setting to restrict user from deactivating record?

Hi.  Can anyone tell me what setting to use to restrict a user from
deactivating a record in MS CRM 1.2? The user is already set up with no
delete priviledges.

thank you...Kim
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is no security to prevent this.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Kim" <Kim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi.  Can anyone tell me what setting to use to restrict a user from
deactivating a record in MS CRM 1.2? The user is already set up with no
delete priviledges.

thank you...Kim

0
Matt

Some users can't personalize workplace
Some users can't fully personalize workplace. On the 'Set Personal Options' screen, everything is disabled on the Workplace tab. What privileges do you need for that? Regards, Marcin ...

Macro to keep 15 specific records and delete everything else.
Hi Gang, I work inventory control for a company in Texas and have to check stock levels for around 15 parts daily. The download for these parts contain an additional 1000 other rows of part numbers I dont need. I have used Excel macros in the past that delete rows based on specific criteria but how do I do the reverse? Essentially use an Excel macro that says "keep these 15 specific part numbers" but delete everything else that isnt them. I posted this question mistakenly in an Access forum so my aplogies if this looks like a double post. Your help is greatly appreciated. Sam...

Calendar reminder in Outlook 2003 unchecks itself when user logs out
When a particular user logs off, his default reminder button unchecks itself. At first I thought it was a profile issue, but I tried changing his profile (adding items to desktop) and logging off/on. The desktop changes are there, but the outlook 2003 calendar default reminder button is unchecked. ...

New user mailbox creation doesn't happen
I have installed Exchange 2003 w/ SP1 on my win2k3 server with all of the latest OS updates as well, and when I create a new user I have to reboot the server before the new user is able to use thier new email box. One MS knowledgebase mentioned something about this happening on dual processor machines however this is only a single processor machine, it also stated that SP1 would fix this problem, however it appears that this problem still exists and is not related to dual processor machines. I have checked the event and error logs and come up with nothing fruitful there either. If an...

Sharing messages & contacts between users
Hello, my wife and have upgraded from Win98 and Outlook Express to Win2000 Pro and Outlook 2003... what a time warp! My question is, it's nice to have separate Win2k usernames so she can have a messy desktop and I can have a simple one with web content on the desktop, etc. But when using Outlook 2003, I want both of us to see the same email inbox, same list of unread/read emails, same contacts, same sent items, and so on. I don't want to repeat an email she's already answered or have two sets of contacts for us both. How can I configure Outlook to do that with separate Windo...

How to set appointment at 4:15pm instead of 4pm or 4:30pm
I can't figure out how to get Outlook to allow me to start an appointment at 4:15pm. Outlook only allows me to set the appointment at 4pm or 4:30pm. I'm using Office 2003 for Students & Teachers and WinXP professional. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Highlight the :30 with your mouse and type over :15. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza http://www...

default user name and password for RMSsample database
Hello, I just installed RMS Store operations 2.0 on a Vista computer. It installed SQL 2005. now I am trying to open the sample database to start a new one. I don't know what is the password for the "sa" user. In version 1.3 with MSDE 2000 the "sa" password was blank. I setup a user and password when I was installing RMS, but that is not working either. thanks for your help bob Hi Bob, Send me an email and I will send you a utility to set SA password. Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "Bob Dahdaleh&qu...

User-defined Functions #2
How can I access the user-defined functions?? I want to modify one of the functions and don't see how to get into it. Thanks in advance... -Andrea Report Writer functions.... shown as user defined functions in calculated fields are created by a Dexterity developer and cannot be created or altered by a user. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer MBS Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Business Solutions http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessaril...

Setting up a new integration for Wennsoft subcontractors
Hello, I'm having difficulty in setting up a new integration for importing vendors and subcontractors from one data base to the another. I need to be able to stipulate Jobs and cost codes against these as well though I think I'll need to create new integrations for that? Any ideas?? Cheers ...

Not showing any mail address for new users..
Hi, I have a problem with a Exchange server 2003, when i make a new user in AD. The user don't get the default Reciptient policy from the Exchange Server, the "Automatically update e-mail addresses based on recipient policy" is selected. And there is no mail box for this user in the Exchange System Manager under Servers/"server"/First Storage Group/Mailbox Store/Mailboxes. There is nothing in the event viewer, users that is already created can send and recive mail. It's only new users and Distribution Groups that don't get any mail address or mail box.....

Filling LIstBox with Access users names
Hi Does anyone know how to fill a listbox withthe login names of Database users when Access security has been implemented, i want to be able to delete a user from the system using the listbox to select the user to delete. Many thanks Stuart -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com You can cycle on the Users collection: For Each x In DBEngine.Workspaces(0).Users ... Next x It would be a matter to append the user name to a list of values. Hoping it may help, Vanderghast, Access MVP "Stuart Jack via AccessMonster.com" <u31758@uw...

Unable to set Date Range on UPR_Month_End
I am in Dexterity, and I am opening the form UPR_Month_End and setting the date range unfortunatly the set start date and end date are being wiped out before the form makes it to the user. My code worked before the last service pack from Great Plains, and I have tried many things to get it to work. Basically what i am doing is on a button click on one of my forms I am trying to set the date range on the period end payroll reports screen to the beginning and end of a quarter for convienence because the ability to run quarter end reports was removed from Great Plains. Below is the code...

How to Prevent Users From Seeing Activities Based on Regarding
In the interest of leveraging CRM to handle more of our internal operations, I've added some custom entities to the system to track marketing events. Because these marketing events have financial information associated with them related to the cost of the event, I don't want anyone in the support department to see this information. I can easily prevent them from seeing the entities themselves, but they can apparently see all of the activities related to the entity. Because some of the e-mails related to the entity contain financial information, this is unacceptable. Does anyo...

How to set Cache Mode via Group Policy?
Hey everyone, We are running Win2k3 and Exchange 2003 in a 2003 domain. I need to push out "Cached Exchange Mode" to everyone. Anyone know how I can do this? I was thinking Group Poilcy via the Office 2003 ADM but I don't see options for Outlook. -- TIA, Clayton P.S.: I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it. You can find it at: http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod ******************* On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:21:20 GMT, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hey everyone, > >We are running Win2k3 and Exchange 2003...

Replicating User signatures for emails
When setting up a new user, our company's policy is to create a custom signature for sending out email that includes the employee's name, company's name, phone& fax number, etc. Currently, our users can access email via Outlook at their desktops, Outlook over HTTP on their laptops, OWA, or logging into our Term Server and accessing Outlook there. We do not use roaming profiles. Currently, the employee has to repeat the process of customizing their signature for each of the above instances, which means doing it 3 or 4 times. Is there a way of automating this process cur...

deactivate 'welcome message' on pop3; smtp ... protocols
Hi NG, I'd like to make this Exchange Server 2003 silent. Right now, all default information about the version of this server etc. will be shown as a welcome message, when i connect via pop3, smtp etc. But is there any function or trick how to deactivate this? how to make the exchange server silent? I tried to google and searching, but how ever, i still don't know... best regards Jan See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/change-POP3-IMAP4-SMTP-banner-Exchange-2003.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Jan Schmidt" <histery@gmx.net> wrote in messa...

Re: Print records from database
sorry, forgot to add my version of Publisher: 2003 Fritz "Fritz Anton" <fritz.anton@aon.at> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:... > Hi, > I am trying to set up a catalogue merge form in Publisher and I have > successfully formatted merge fields and established the data link to an > Access database. > Now comes the problem: I want to print DVD labels on a standard 2 labels per > page Avery form. I addition, I want to print each record twice per label > (rotated 180 deg). I can only set one record field area per page which I > fill with four text fields in the...

set first day of the week
hi, how to change the first day of the week (that my boss use a weekly reports) set datefirst 6 statment, completed succesfully but with no changing of default setting ( 7 ) ,any help please thanks ...

Get All users from the mscrm
hi, how can i get the avalable users in ms crm through program(C# or VB.NEt)? Lots of thanks query the systemuser table using wither columnset xml or fetch xml BK "someone" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:OffLOAUnDHA.3316@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi, > how can i get the avalable users in ms crm through program(C# or VB.NEt)? > > Lots of thanks > > ...

Lookup field for Current User
Hello, I am needing to write some javascript (for onload) that will lookup the current logged on user, then pull a couple fields from that users entity to populate part of a http string used for an IFrame. I already have the javascript setup for the IFrame and it is working, I just need to make it dynamic depending on who is logging in. Thanks in advance for the help. Respectfully, Chris Where is your code running? As part of the CRM web (below the /isv folder)? If yes and if it is an ASP.NET application, you can use the SDK assemblies to impersonate and get to all information you ...

How to Add New AD user "attribute"?
We want to add a couple of new "attributes" to our AD user accounts. I am not sure that "attribute" is the correct wording but here is what we want: Like you have these "attributes" by default for each user Description: Office: E-mail: we would like to add these Employee#: CostCenter: I am quite certain that this will be a Schema modification but I am just not sure how to properly do this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Fred you might want to consider using the custom attributes for these... "Fred Yarbrough" <fcyarbrough@yahoo.com...

FW: Use this security pack from MS Corporation
--gsydeaoodkdrzxm Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lohgixbpannvck"; type="multipart/alternative" --lohgixbpannvck Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="zgzowyecznv" --zgzowyecznv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to maintain the security of your computer from...

3 questions about ActiveX settings?
I'm using WinXP-pro and Outlook2003. When I see a certain (reputable) eNewsletter every day in the long list of incoming emails, I click on this one to make it full sized so I can read the headlines. But before Outlook brings it up, it warns... (yellow exclamation point)"Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly" It used to not do this, two things have happened recently...first, I've downloaded all the Win patches, and secondly, the newscompany seemd to have upgraded their newslett...

Outlook Express security
How do I stop Outlook Express from removing attachments from trusted senders? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> option Do not allow attachments... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictu...

Excel 2004 security upgrade effect on macros