Security - sales guys can still change acct names etc.

Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records
capabilities for Account:

Create= User level
Read= Organization level
Write= User level
Delete= None
Append= User
Append To= User
Assign= User
Share= User

The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few
iisresets since then.  However, each sales guy can still change info on other
sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.).  Any tips on where to troubleshoot?
0
ChrisS (18)
5/3/2005 8:52:22 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Are you seeing this issue with existing records or new ones?  Changes to roles
take a while to propogate to existing records.  There are also some "hidden"
shares that get created when records are re-assigned from one user to another
and the old owner retains access tot he records.

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

On Tue, 3 May 2005 13:52:22 -0700, "Chris S" <ChrisS@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records
capabilities for Account:

Create= User level
Read= Organization level
Write= User level
Delete= None
Append= User
Append To= User
Assign= User
Share= User

The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few
iisresets since then.  However, each sales guy can still change info on other
sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.).  Any tips on where to troubleshoot?

0
Matt
5/4/2005 5:08:13 AM
Should this be the case look into the following knowledge base article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835292

it solves a problem when the system needs to update the security identifiers
and there are a lot of records in the database. Security identifiers are
updated when changes to roles are done.

I hope this helps,
Rob Bakkers,
Avanade Netherlands

"John O'Donnell" wrote:

> its remotely possible that the security role update did not complete
> properly. Can you look at your CRM web server event logs around the date you
> modified the roles and see if notice any out of the ordinary events.
>
> Normally when you do a security role update CRM will report it was completed
> successfully.
>
> --
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.mscrmfaq.us
>

> "Chris S" <ChrisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records
> > capabilities for Account:
> >
> > Create= User level
> > Read= Organization level
> > Write= User level
> > Delete= None
> > Append= User
> > Append To= User
> > Assign= User
> > Share= User
> >
> > The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few
> > iisresets since then.  However, each sales guy can still change info on
> other
> > sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.).  Any tips on where to
> troubleshoot?

Hi Matt,

It is with existing records, but even still it's been two weeks - I can't
imagine the roles would take that long to propogate?  The "hidden" shares is
a possibility, except that I've asked several of the guys to try to change
different accounts, and it still consistently lets them (so it doesn't seem
like a one-off sharing capability)...

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> Are you seeing this issue with existing records or new ones?  Changes to roles
> take a while to propogate to existing records.  There are also some "hidden"
> shares that get created when records are re-assigned from one user to another
> and the old owner retains access tot he records.
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM

> On Tue, 3 May 2005 13:52:22 -0700, "Chris S" <ChrisS@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records
> capabilities for Account:
>
> Create= User level
> Read= Organization level
> Write= User level
> Delete= None
> Append= User
> Append To= User
> Assign= User
> Share= User
>
> The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few
> iisresets since then.  However, each sales guy can still change info on other
> sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.).  Any tips on where to troubleshoot?

its remotely possible that the security role update did not complete
properly. Can you look at your CRM web server event logs around the date you
modified the roles and see if notice any out of the ordinary events.

Normally when you do a security role update CRM will report it was completed
successfully.

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.mscrmfaq.us

"Chris S" <ChrisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records
> capabilities for Account:
>
> Create= User level
> Read= Organization level
> Write= User level
> Delete= None
> Append= User
> Append To= User
> Assign= User
> Share= User
>
> The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few
> iisresets since then.  However, each sales guy can still change info on
other
> sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.).  Any tips on where to
troubleshoot?

0
John
5/5/2005 4:44:00 AM
Have you looked at the sharing function? This plays an important role in how
records are seen within the application. If an individual creates a record,
everything, by default, below that record is shared with the owner of the
record no matter what the core record rules state.

"Chris S" wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> It is with existing records, but even still it's been two weeks - I can't
> imagine the roles would take that long to propogate?  The "hidden" shares is
> a possibility, except that I've asked several of the guys to try to change
> different accounts, and it still consistently lets them (so it doesn't seem
> like a one-off sharing capability)...
>

> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
> > Are you seeing this issue with existing records or new ones?  Changes to roles
> > take a while to propogate to existing records.  There are also some "hidden"
> > shares that get created when records are re-assigned from one user to another
> > and the old owner retains access tot he records.
> >
> > Matt Parks
> > MVP - Microsoft CRM

> > On Tue, 3 May 2005 13:52:22 -0700, "Chris S" <ChrisS@discussions.microsoft.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > Hi, I updated the Salesperson role to have the following Core Records
> > capabilities for Account:
> >
> > Create= User level
> > Read= Organization level
> > Write= User level
> > Delete= None
> > Append= User
> > Append To= User
> > Assign= User
> > Share= User
> >
> > The changes were made a couple weeks ago, and there have been a few
> > iisresets since then.  However, each sales guy can still change info on other
> > sales guys' records (Account Name, etc.).  Any tips on where to troubleshoot?

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Territory Change

chart MAcro to change on activecell

Multiple Sales Taxes
Hi, We have a client based in Canada that does business all over the country. He wants to have the breakup of taxes printed on the SOP Blank Invoice Form. There is an article to do this in knowledgebase and that is fine for predetermined Tax Schedules made at design time. The issues are: 1) They do business today in 6 different Taxes(GST/PST/HST/QST etc..), altough in any form only 2 taxes out of the 6 would be required to be printed, so do we make 6 different lines on the form, one for each? 2) What if the client makes a new Tax Schedule and wants to have it printed. Does he need t...

Changing font in Money 2004 register?

can i download lxce serv.exe

Renaming Partial File Names

how many receivers i can add

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

Shortcut for inserting names?
Hi, I am building many formulas, each with many named cells as part of it. Currently I have to go to Insert | Name | Paste with the mouse each time I want to insert a name. I looked in Walkenbach's Excel Bible but couldn't find any mention of a keyboard shortcut or other shortcut. Is there one I could take advantage of? I've got Excel 2002. Thanks, Jamie ...

Changing language

Can't configure Outlook Express