Security Permissions 06-02-07

I am using CRM 3.0. In that I have 2 Business Units. Users are given
permissions for viewing/editing Oppurtunities on USER LEVEL and
viewing/editing Customers on ORGANIZATIONAL LEVEL. When one user from First
BU creates oppurtunity using Customer created by user of Second BU, then this
Oppurtunity is also viewable/editable to the user of Second Business Unit,
whereas owner of that particular opprtunity is the user from first BU. How
can I prevent user from Second BU viewing/editing that Oppurtunity?
Please help!

Kamal
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

are both BU in the same level or child?

"Kamal Bohra" <KamalBohra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using CRM 3.0. In that I have 2 Business Units. Users are given
> permissions for viewing/editing Oppurtunities on USER LEVEL and
> viewing/editing Customers on ORGANIZATIONAL LEVEL. When one user from
> First
> BU creates oppurtunity using Customer created by user of Second BU, then
> this
> Oppurtunity is also viewable/editable to the user of Second Business Unit,
> whereas owner of that particular opprtunity is the user from first BU. How
> can I prevent user from Second BU viewing/editing that Oppurtunity?
> Please help!
>
> Kamal

0
Benjamin
6/2/2007 5:59:21 PM
Both BU are on Same Level.

"Benjamin Fallar III" wrote:

> are both BU in the same level or child?
>
> "Kamal Bohra" <KamalBohra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using CRM 3.0. In that I have 2 Business Units. Users are given
> > permissions for viewing/editing Oppurtunities on USER LEVEL and
> > viewing/editing Customers on ORGANIZATIONAL LEVEL. When one user from
> > First
> > BU creates oppurtunity using Customer created by user of Second BU, then
> > this
> > Oppurtunity is also viewable/editable to the user of Second Business Unit,
> > whereas owner of that particular opprtunity is the user from first BU. How
> > can I prevent user from Second BU viewing/editing that Oppurtunity?
> > Please help!
> >
> > Kamal

Lost Database 06-22-07
Hey, I hope someone can help me. I just closed out my database window within access and now I can not access it. I see it in the folder but when I select it, access opens with no database window so I can not get at my information. HELP! Try holding down the Shift key the entire time that the application is opening. I'm guessing that you unchecked the option to Display Database Window, under Tools > Startup. Alternatively, if you have not also disabled Special Keys (bottom of same screen), you should be able to press the F11 button to display the database window. Tom Wicker...

Advanced Find 05-22-06
Hi, I would like to search for services details using Advanced Find and make/create a report with the resources information. For example... I would like to know the users that are working on a specified service? or What resources groups the user belongs and then make a report with that information. If i go throw the resource group area i can create a report with that information, but it doesnt include the user email for example. Any sugestion how this could be done? thx ...

Check the security update from MS Corp.
--wadrggrtzyh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ipwfliboy"; type="multipart/alternative" --ipwfliboy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="adodlupkrh" --adodlupkrh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintai...

One of my many users is getting these NDR's intermittently. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=net/DC=itlogon:RCA-EXCHANGE The weird thing here ths the Domain listed, DC=net is our forest root and does not have any users or exchange servers. So it makes sense that she wouldn't have permissions to that... Our resource domain is "DC=com/DC=itlogon" it has all of our users and exchange servers as members. I have check the DS Access tab on the exchange serve...

hola 07-19-09

Public Folder Permission
I want to give an user owner access to the already available public folder. I have access to exchange system manager. Can I just add his name in the "Client Permssions" and choose the Owner role? Can someone confirm this pls? Thanks. Yes, that's ok. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Swa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d4bc01c453bf$94199520$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I want to give an user owner access to the already > available public folder. I have access t...

Spreadsheet Security
Hi I have created a spreadsheet that does calculations in the background, my question is how do I apply a password BEFORE the user gets to see the main sheet. e.g when they open the spreadsheet they are automatically asked for the password before anything else. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks In Excel 2003, go to Tools > Options, select the Security tab, and specify a password needed to open the workbook. In Excel 2007, it's way more difficult. Go to the Office button > Save As, then in the Save As dialogue you'll see a "Tools&quo...

Auto play 06-15-10
How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. Thank you "Mike Givens" <micell@ameritech.net> wrote in message news:6677560C-DD38-49D6-BCE3-78AF2D210BA2@microsoft.com... > How can I stop the PC from starting to auto play a movie disk in when > I insert it? I was getting a menu with different choices. > Thank you Auto Play set up is a control panel item under 'Hardware and Sound'. I think 'ask me' produces the menu. Tom ...

Security group doesn't work on Exchange Mailbox permissions
We're running SBS 2003. I am trying to give a group of users access to a couple of general purpose Exchange mailboxes. I can give the users access by adding their accounts individually to the Mailbox in question. (Exchange Advanced / Mailbox Rights / Full Access) This works fine and they can open the Mailbox in Outlook. However, when I try to do this using a Universal Security group, it doesn't work. We get an "Unable to Display Folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." This is what I've done... Assume I want people accessing the ...

Button Level Security
Hi I am trying to implement something similar to field level security. I would like to hide the Convert Lead button for certain users in our organization. I have written the following script which is not working correctly. My script is: if ( currentUserHasRole("Account Manager")) { document.getelementById("_MBconvertLead").style.display = 'none'; } I keep getting an 'Object expected' error when opening a Lead. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Many Thanks Mark Hello Mark, Looks like a null reference, what does the currentUserHasRole() fun...

3.0 Security Model Questions/Issues
I am stumped in trying to figure out the logic in the 3.0 security model: 1) How do I "hide" sales quotas? (i.e. I don't want my engineers seeing a salesperson's quota. If I enable only view of local BU users, then the engineer can't attach a user from a different BU to an activity such as an email) 2) Is there a way to structure security so that a user can only modify his/her profile (i.e. name, address, phone, etc.)? It seems that I can only grant BU level access to this, thus he/she can modify the record of any user in the BU. Obviously, I could create a BU ...

Gifting appreciated securities
How do I record appreciated securities donated to charity? ...

help with coding
Hi All, I have been doing some search on this topic and require some coding help. I want to create a login form which checks for username, pwd and securitylevel and accordingly give access to certain queries , forms and reports. I do not want to use the Access user level security wizard and want to create a separate security module. I have come across this code posted by Klatuu which is probably the solution i am looking for. Public Function SetSecurityProp(UserInitials As String, SecurityLevel As Integer) As Boolean Dim prp As Property Const conPropNotFound As Integer = 3270 ...

exchange 5.5 service account permissions
Exchange 5.5 - I always thought the service account that installs and runs the services, needs to be a domain admin account. I've heard now, that it doesn't, it only needs domain user access. Is this correct? I don't want to change the permissions on my service account and run into problems. Thanks for your help. Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.com Hi Nancy, Here is an exert from Technet regarding your question. Some helpful information to help understand. The Function of the Service Account The service account has three primary functions: . It runs Exchange Server ...

Update Query question 06-26-07
Hello, I am trying to write what I assume would be an update query. I have 2 fields, acct_num and brnch_num in my table. I need to combine these 2 fields into a new field called cust_num. So, if: brnch_num acct_num 123 45678 123 12 12 1 Then I would need the cust_num to read: 12345678, 12300012, 01200001 I'm not sure how to get the zeroes into the cust number so that that number is always 8 diguts. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I wouldn't use an update query for this. Keep the data separat...

CRM Workflow 06-22-06
Hello All, We are Web Hosting and Development Company and i am trying to setup CRM to suit our business needs. Does anybody has setup CRM for hosting company or can anybody point me some good examples which can help me out to setup crm to fit our business needs? Any help will be appreciated :) Regards, Sunil Chelaramani I think i shoudl explain this in more details. I was playing with CRM since last few days, so far what i understood is that... Contacts can be converted to Lead [Sales Process] Lead coverts into Opportunity [Sales Process] and if i close opportunity and select W...

Counting 12-28-07
I have a data element in a table named Results. This is defined as a number field. The Values go from 0 to 11. The problem is I need to count a certain value but sometimes that value has not been chosen and that, of course, returns nothing. I would like it to return the result value I am looking for and a '0'. Any ideas? Post your SQL. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Bunky" wrote: > I have a data element in a table named Results. This is defined as a number > field. The Values go from 0 to 11. > The problem is I need to count a certai...

Anyway to open 02 files with 2000 version
I have purchased some marketing materials which contain many files created by Publisher 2002 version. My 2000 version is unable to open them. Is there anything I can do to open them besides buying a newer version? Sweet talk someone with 2002 to save them as a 2000 file. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "Jason Hamilton" <j.hamilton1@lycos.com> wrote in message news:dae201c3f023$11e15ed0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have purchased some marketing materials which contain > many files cre...

Exchange 02-25-04
Has anyone ever done an upgrade for exchange server 2000 standard to exchange server 2000 enterprise? Is it just a license upgrade or is it a whole new install. I have reached my capacity of 16 gb for my priv1.edb file. Any respone will be great, thanks you need to ask this question in the group microsoft.public.exchange "COF admin" <jasonp@frankin-gov.com> wrote in message news:B204D62B-5D6D-4D8B-8A36-FB012877A9B7@microsoft.com... > Has anyone ever done an upgrade for exchange server 2000 standard to exchange server 2000 enterprise? Is it just a license upgrade or ...

workflow rules 10-29-07
Hi, I am trying to make an advanced find view for "incident",namely: if the incident is open and if two days past after the creation of the incident. Can anyone suggest me about this? The advanced find does not support this type of filtering. You have to options to do this kind of functionality within the limitations. You can create a list of all open incidents and sort them by name, this will include the last 2 days but these will be at the bottom of the list. The other option is to create a sql reporting services report, this can support this type of filtering, but requires...

CRM Mobile installation issue 04-06-06
Here is an issue I get when I try to install CRM Mobile 3.0 (RTM) : When I launch the setup, a few seconds after I select the 'Microsoft CRM Network' option on the first screen, I have the following error : Setup was interrupted before Microsoft CRM Mobile could be installed. To restart installation, run Setup.exe. Installlation log ends with : P_DNSDOMAIN property. Its current value is 'Test'. Its new value: 'XXXXX.COM'. 1: Failed: Failed to Get correct User Group Name: 80072116 Action ended 14:10:08: GetMSCRMProperties. Return value 3. MSI (c) (D4:D0) [14:10:08:...

Adding Distribution Group Permissions to Public Folder
We are currently running a Windows 2003 AD domain with Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise Server as our e-mail server in Native Mode. When trying to add a distribution group to the permissions tab of a public folder I receive the following errors: From Exchange System Manager: The operation failed. 80004005 Exchange System manager From Outlook: The modified permissions could not be saved. I found Article ID 274046 referring to a similar issue in Exchange 2000, but nothing for Exchange 2003. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Distribution groups are just that, the...

Security Audit Trail
Does Dynamics GP support an audit trail of changes to user/class permissioning? Or is this the realm of 3rd party tools? Thanks! Go Tools >> Setup >> System >> Activity Tracking You can activity File Tracking of the setup files. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions) http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Busin...

Dynamics GP 10
We are getting ready to upgrade our Production server to GP 10 in a couple weeks. Some people that were at Convergence this year heard that there is a way(SQL Script) to transfer the new security that we have set up in version 10 from our Dev server to our Prod server. This would obviously save the need to re-create all the new security roles and access. I have read post that mention some tools you can purchase from vendors but we were curious about an SQL script. Has anyone used such a script to perform this task? Thanks very much Scott T On 7 May, 14:49, Scott Trenholm <bcsa...@ho...

IF FORMULA 04-06-10
Hi: I am trying to write an if formula that if B2 is equal to a specific date in a range of dates then it is the end of a pay period, if B2 is equal to a date in a second range of dates then it state pay day. I have set up two tables with dates. One has pay period ending dates and the other table has pay day dates. I keep getting a Value error. Please help. -- Donna =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A10,B2),"end of pay period",IF(COUNTIF(C1:C10,B2),"pay day","")) Change ranges to suit. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Donna" ...