Security Descriptors not updating

Anyone else having, or have had this problem when updating a custom role?

Thanks!

0
Kristina
10/20/2003 6:05:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL?
Hi, I am trying to use Microsoft Excel with external data source. I imported the data using the ODBC driver. However, the problem is that once I press the refresh button the changes made in Excel sheet are lost and old data is restores from the Data source. However, I can edit data in the Microsoft query. Is there any way that I can Edit, Delete, or Update EXTERNAL DATA in EXCEL? Any links will help With Rgds, ...

Update all docvariables in all active documents
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to use VBA to update all docvariable fields in all active documents? I know how to update a single document, but I'm having trouble cycling through all active documents. Thank you, Rob Probably a bit of overkill as this would update "all" fields (not just docVariables fields). Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oDoc As Word.Document For Each oDoc In Documents UpdateFields oDoc Next oDoc End Sub Sub UpdateFields(Doc As Word.Document) Dim pRange As Word.Range Dim oShp As Shape Dim iLink As Long Dim TOC As TableOfContents Dim TOF As TableO...

Update on MSCRM Jscript problem
I have discovered that if you replace window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398&sf=({qu ote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') with window.open('http://strongbad/reports/viewer/html/viewer.aspx?id=398%26sf=({ quote.quotenumber})=\'QUO-01002-9QRYHR\'') (replace the & with a %26) in the onchange event of a picklist, the quote page will display and you can call the report by changing the value in the picklist. However, you will get an error returned by the report viewer that doesn't like the %26. If, in the report view...

Unable to update free/busy time
Hi there, This morning I installed the Exchange 2000 post-sp3 rollup on our small business server. Since then users have been getting messages from Outlook saying that it can't update free/busy time on the server. Prior to installing the rollup we did not get the errors. I had a look at the event log on the server and it is filling up with EventID: 1546 errors, the description is: Workflow event sink error [event: OnSyncSave, URL: <file://./backofficestorage/test.com.au/Public Folders/NON_IPM_SUBTREE/SCHEDULE+ FREE BUSY/EX:_xF8FF_o=DSPACE_xF8FF_ou=first administrative group/USER-_xF8...

Using Advanced Security
1. We need to roll out some changes in security. What I want to do is make changes to the user classes, roll these changes to the test system and validate them, thereafter roll these changes to production. How can I roll down class changes/copy class security only to one company at a time? 2. When we to use import/export functionality, while importing, should we mark "only import non-default security"? What does this flag do? Hi Jack The followin KB has lots of information that you will find useful. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;89470...

printer security settings in registry from MFC or Win32API
Hi to all, I am trying to make a service for controlling print jobs for Win NT/2000/XP platform. I realized it would be very convenient to set the following printer security settings for USERS or Everyone Groups: Allow Print, Deny manage documents. I saw that it is possible to do that for 2000 and XP, but I did not find anything about setting Deny manage documents for NT. So, my first question is: Is it possible to set Deny manage documents for NT 4.0 in some other manner?? Later, I realized that registry value KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Printers\<printe...

Office v.X updates disappeared from the Mactopia download page
Updates for Office v.X seemed to have disappeared from the main Mactopia download page. When I search for a 10.1.9 update, I see a link to an update, but that link takes you to the main Mactopia page where there aren't any Office updates except for Office 2004. Does anybody know how to get the Office v.X updates? An ftp site would work also. OK, I found it via a Google search at -<br> <br> &nbsp;<http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=FEA9FD8A-EA16-4B3C-9381-18A389D5599A&displaylang=en><br> <br> It's just pretty lame though that ...

Money "forgets" passwords for online account updates
I am using Money Plus Deluxe. Sometimes but not always, when I try to update my account online transactions it forgets a couple of the passwords. This is not always the same account nor does it happen with any pattern I can see. Any fix and does anyone else see this problem? ...

MSN Sync
Is anyone aware of any reviews or studies establishing the security of the information on MSN? As I mentioned in another post, I've been hesitant to sync all my financial info with MS servers, but if there has been any 3rd party validation of security and privacy I may consider it. Thanks! Carlos, Very tempting....., but DON'T DO IT!!! JB "Carlos G" <cgnjunkregDELETE@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<#ggc5ALUEHA.760@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... > Is anyone aware of any reviews or studies establishing the security of the > information on MSN? As I men...

Security
when I try to send a link from a web site I get a message that Outlook block potentially unsafe attachments, if I send the e-mail to myself I get teh same message back that out has blocked bla bla bla HOW DO I TURN THIS OFF>..... if I send the link to my aol account rather then comcast I can read the link (or attachment) no porblem, HELP..... phil Can't really be turned off, but it can be customized to need. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for more information. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be de...

Account List Totals not being updated
I have been using Money for several years. I'm now using Money 2003 on my Windows 2000 system. I noticed this morning that the account values in the Account List view were not being updated to agree with Portfolio Values after share prices were downloaded from the Internet. I tried a reinstall and that didn't fix the problem. Then I ran the latest Microsoft "Salvage" utility on my data file and that said the file was okay. If anyone has any helpful suggestions I would love to hear them. If you wish to do so you can contact me at cbritman (at)cox(dot)net Thanks...

Updated reorder quantities
1. How do we update the reorder point and restock levels in HQ, if we change them at the store level? 2. Is there a SQL command to help consolidate the supplier codes? I now have 2 supplier codes for some of my suppliers now that we installed HQ. I had my local partner come in and work a little on this, but he created more problems than solutions. 3. I am also looking for a new RMS partner in the area of California Central Coast. ...

Update Unit Price in SOP10200 Remifications?
My company has its own pricing plan that we have not been able to implement in Great Plains (version 7.5 on SQL Server). We are getting ready to write strait SQL to update the UNIT Price on the detail record SOP10200 for an order. What are the Ramifications of doing this. Ideally I would like to know what all else I need to update to do this. Our plan is to use an event of some sort on close of the window that can check and acuratly price our orders... Thanks, Allen Allen, This is not a good idea. The unit price has ramifications all over the place - customer balance, inventoy cost...

Outlook Security Settings
When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form I receive the error "Could not load some objects because they are not available on this machine" I click OK and the add button is disabled/doesn't work. I am simply trying to get into the Trusted Code tab so I can add one dll. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you. On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:54:03 -0800, Th3man <Th3man@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When clicking on the Trusted Code Tab for the Outlook Security Settings form >I receive the error "Could not load some ob...

Update Deductions and Benefits with Integration Manager
Is it possible to update deductions and benefits with Integration Manager? I tried to write an integration for this but it is trying to Insert the employee id as a new employee. Thanks in advance! ...

calculations do not update unless page is saved
I have an excel 2003 workbook with 32 tabs the first set of tabs are named according to the date 09-01-09 the last two tabs total all the important info one is 1st - 15th other is 16th - 30th on my total pages the first column is the date 09-01-09 (as Text) and i use the indirect function in my formulas to refer to the individual tab names.. everything works and calculates but it doesnt happen On-the-fly like excel usually does i have to actually hit save for any calculations to update even on the individual tabbed dates formulas like A1+A2 dont display a result untill saved.. did...

calendar updates
I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the desktop. Save and close doesn't work. Why? -- Rupe It should be as simply as opening WLM, go to the calendar and right click on a date. Context menu will appear with an option to add an event. Are you seeing any error messages? Colin Brown WL MVP "Rupe" <Rupe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC68FEB-E31A-445E-8A97-39515894C888@microsoft.com... > I can add events at calendar.live.com but cannot add an event on the > desktop. > Save and close doesn't work...

Windows Update error 80070103 01-28-10
I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun audio sound card on my Destop Computer. The drivers on cd that came with this sound card for Vista and XP. I am using Windows 7 and having trouble installing the driver manually. When Windows Update trys to download it, but stops and give me error message "80070103" everytime. Why is it give me error message when there is no driver installed on this computer? Obtain the appropriate driver update (if needed) from the device manufacturer's download page, not Windows Update. TJBuss wrote: > I installed Creative X-Fi Titaniun a...

Had to Update Money with new license
Hello, My two year subscription on MS Money ended, so i was forced to buy another version to get another 2 years with a new license key. I entered in the new key (did not reinstall the product) and then it started asking me about some online quotes. I made the huge mistake of not reading the messages carefully, and when I did my next update, duplicates of my checking and credit card accounts were created (presumably from MSN Money?). deleting those duplicate accounts from MS Money (the program) did not help, as they would come back when you opened Money next and did an update. I had to go to...

Online stock/fund price update erratic in Money 2002
In the past this function worked OK. Recently, after adding some stocks to the portfolio, I have to go into "Choose stocks to update", uncheck all the other existing stocks, check the new stocks and then do an online update. When I start adding the old stocks back, it will update some, but not all. I am forced to do this unchecking and checking multiple times to get an update done. Any suggestions? try update on the money program. in 2003 there is "internet updates" button on status bar bottom of window. select the "update now" and "money upda...

WebDav Update Public Folder Contact cannot be Opened by outlook 2000
Exchange Version: 2003 Outlook Version: 2000 with SP3 Problem: I used WebDav to insert / update Public Folder Contact, which is successful. I can navigate to the public folder and see all the items there with correct updates. However, when I click on individual items to view details, I get "can't open this item. you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. see the folder contact or your system administrator microsoft outlook public folder contact" This works with OutLook 2002 and 2003, my company has not and will not upgrade outlook for ...

I can't install the 12.2.1 update on Snow Leopard
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume. I guarantee a legitimate copy of Office 2008 for Mac is on my iMac. Any suggestions? On 9/30/09 3:43 PM, in article 59b7d9fc.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "kpainte1@officeformac.com" <kpainte1@officeformac.com> wrote: > Office 2008 12.2.1 Update can't be installed on this disk. A version of the > software required to install this update was n...

Money Plus Auto Updates
I just converted from Money 2006 Deluxe to Money Plus Deluxe. My accounts do not automatically update but prices do. I used to get transactions downloaded from my credit card account every time I launched Money. Now it only updates when I do it manually from the update icon in the top right corner. I'm set up for automatic updates every 24 hours but the account is not updated even after several days. I've followed all the instructions in the help. Do I need to do something else? -- Ellary Buffalo Grove, IL ...

.NET Security updates fail
Opening a new thread as suggested by PA Bear. OS: Windows XP Pro SP3 running IE8 but Chrome for anything useful. Part on an office network with an SBS2003 domain server. The above updates won't install and fail with error 0x80070643. I have read KB976982 and followed its procedure to remove all .NET versions and replace them in the order 3.5SP1, 1.1, 1.1SP1 followed by Windows update. This has not resolved the problem and the updates sit in my systray, waiting.. I am also running AVG Free and take the view that any AV is better than none. Is there any suggestion that A...

Security Problems
Hi, Up until today, Money 2003 was working fine. But now when I try to start the program, it tells me that I don't have enough encryption. I went to the site where it took me and reviewed my IE settings... 6.0 comes with 128 bit encryption so that should not be an issue. But I downloaded the security update anyway. Once I rebooted, I tried to run Money again, but with the same response Here is the exact message I get. Money cannot run because your system is currently unable to encrypt data at the required level. To fix this, connect to the Internet and dowload the latest sec...