Searching closed leads and opening originating lead from contact

I don't see anyway to modify the search fields used on the look for: function
to work on closed leads.  We frequently have to go back to closed leads to
view notes/history that did not transfer when the lead was converted and we
can't find a way to search.  When I chose "closed leads" or a custom view "my
closed leads" the search dialog still searches only open leads.  Is there any
easy way to add searching of closed views without having to do an advanced
find each time?

I also notice the converted contact and account has a Originating Lead
attribute - is there some easy way to add that field to the lead form so the
user could easily open the original lead record to view associated history,
etc.?

Thanks,

Dan
--
Dan Boccabella
MindSolve Technologies

Which function to use to open an .asc file?
Hi Im writing a vba program to take the info from an asc file into sheet2. I must use the xldelimited so the info goes into each column properly and not just everything in one column ( it uses the comma to determine the column). The intention of the program is, in sheet1, a command button is used to open a file window. The asc file is then selected bu the user, and the data is to placed into sheet2. The asc file is no longer needed. Calculations are made and shown in sheet1 using the data in sheet2. The problem is Im not sure what function to use. Im thinking this one: object.OpenAsTe...

Can not close archieve file
I've opened several archieve files however now they will not close. When I try the archieve file the message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." appears. What can be done to close these files? thanks, Allen What version of Outlook and how are you trying to close them? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Allen asked: | I...

public contacts #3
i see administrator can add coontacts in all contacts using (user of active directory). if a simple client want to add a contact for everyone, wich is the right metod to do it. Miliuccio wrote: > i see administrator can add coontacts in all contacts using (user of > active directory). > > if a simple client want to add a contact for everyone, wich is the > right metod to do it. If you have a public contacts folder, you can assign the permissions as you wish - easiest to do using Outlook. Sounds like the administrator already has "owner" permissions - assign whatev...

How to set default zoom size for specific Word docs when opened?
I have a particular set of Word documents that, whenever any user opens them (on any PC), I wish to have opened at a specified zoom size - e.g. 120%. I don't wish to set a default zoom size for ALL Word docs, just certain specified docs. Is it possible to set a default zoom size for particular Word docs in this way? If so, how do you do it? Zoom is a document attribute so can be "saved" to the file. Open the file, change the zoom as required, make an edit, ie. add a space, save, remove the edit, save, close. The file will now open at the new zoom level. It i...

Opens at 33% size
When I open an existing Publisher page it always opens at 33% of full size. How can I set it so that it always opens at, say, 100%. Sammy. F9 will get you 100%. An add-in, scroll down to Default Zoom Add-in v1.0 http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sammy" <swatchit@eircom.net> wrote in message news:xwP2j.23466$j7.443856@news.indigo.ie... > When I open an existing Publisher page it always opens at > 33% of full size. > How can I set it so that it ...

Error in COntacts
Hi Somtimes when i entered the contact form through the laptop client I get an error (after some reentering i succeed ) and than some of the crm toolbars are disapperead do you know what is the reason for this error ? the laptop client is doing a lot of troubles - what can I do ... -- Thx, Omry This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08E5_01C737FC.F108CAC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What version of Outlook are you running? What anti-virus add-ins are = you running? Do you have any more in...

Error: "Search key was not found in any record"
Dear all, Recently, my Access 2000 is upgraded to XP version. After convert all 2000 mdb file to 2002, I've got a big trouble. 1.Path of all link tables cannot be changed. 2.Saving a new form dialog box repeat and repeat again when save a new form. 3.New saved form cannot be open. 4.Form cannot be deleted. A same error message is found in above case: "Search key was not found in any record" Could any one help me? Thank you very much! Billy "Billy" <billysoo@hotmail.com> wrote: >Recently, my Access 2000 is upgraded to XP version. >After convert all 20...

Can OWA 2003 Contacts view be changed?
Hello! Can the Contacts view in OWA 2003 be changed from the address cards view to the phone list view as it can in Outlook 2003? It is a major pain to scroll through a dozen pages to see contacts. If we cannot change the view, is there a way to make it show more than 25 entries per page? Also, can OWA arrange contacts by category? Thanks for the help! Gregg Hill You can do both. 1. To change the view, take a look at the drop-down right next to Contacts. It will currently show (Address Cards). Click the little down arrow and choose the other view that you want. 2. To change ...

Access 2003
Most of users can open the database fine when it is already open. There are several people that cannot open the database when it is already open via windows explorer. If they open Access and open the file through Access it works fine. If the file is not already open, the users have no problems opening the file. Please help! Alicia All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database .mdb file, but the entire folder. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick t...

Returns entered from previous closed shift
When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of previous closed shift? Since these returns are not from the current shift and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. On Sep 30, 7:04=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of > previous closed shift? =A0Since these returns are not from the current sh= ift > and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing. Not sure what you are asking. All that matters from the sh...

Looking up contacts for email
When composing email, our sales team has to make multiple clicks to get multiple recipients to the To, cc, and bcc list. Is there a way to allow user to enter the name in the space if they know the contact information for future release? Yes, in the next version, it's likely that you will be able to type in names to the textbox. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ========================================================== "mchua" <mchua@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FABE191-4C96-44D0-BAF4-A1...

Closing window
Hi How can I close a aspx page that is opened from CRM throuh isv.config automatically from codebehind without getting the IE security error ?? /Jack On Jan 13, 5:26=A0am, "CRM consultant" <nom...@der.dk> wrote: > Hi > > How can I close a aspx page that is opened from CRM throuh isv.config > automatically from codebehind without getting the IE security error ?? > > /Jack U can use javascript to do that. I tried this but IE asks the user if its ok to close the window, that's the problem /Jack "Mahain" <mahender80@gmail.com> skrev ...

User form pop up if cell is empty on close workbook
I have created a user form in a workbook. I would like the form to pop up if a certain cell in a worksheet is empty when the user tries to close the workbook. I dont know how to write the code in VBA. Can anyone help with that? I am using XL2002 and WinXP Pro. TIA for any help Dave Bob, I've taken your code and put in the sheet and range values that I need to. In VBA, I inserted a module in the workbook and copied and pasted the code into the module and saved file. However, It doesn't seem to be working. I can close the workbook without being prompted by the userform1. I did notice t...

Contact dropdown lists
Why doesn't Outlook let you add new fields to the phone dropdown list, change the name of standard fields, or create new fields that act like phone fields. -- Rich Because they didn't program it that way. :) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version o...

Assign new contacts to the same owner as the account 's owner
I would like to know if it is possible to use a workflow to assign a the contact of an Account to the same owner as the owner of the account. I explain. I have to salespersons working on the same accounts but all the accounts are owned by only one of the two salespersons. If the first salesperson create a contact, he will be the owner of the contact but I would like to make a workflow to assign this contact to the other owner who is the owner of the Account this contact belongs to. Is it possible or is there another way to do that ??? Thanks in advance Didier ...

How to Display Leading Zeros in CSV file
Hi All, one of my applications is creating a CSV file from database but when that file is opened in Excel then some columns with actual values are 0020 are displayed as 20. How can I ask Excel to not truncate those leading zeros. My users don't want to do anything on their side to fix this...They want the CSV file ready before they work on it. Pls. help. Thanx and Regards Save the file as txt, open it with excel and the import text wizard will start, in step 3 you can select the column data format and if you select text the leading zeros will import -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "R...

Customized Queue for Contacts..
Hi, How can i create my own queue for contacts.(ie) when ever a user creates a contact it should be in a queue1 and when another user approves it the same record should come to another queue2. Regards, I do not believe that this is possible - Contacts are not queueable objects. Gill >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >How can i create my own queue for contacts.(ie) when ever a user >creates a contact it should be in a queue1 and when another user >approves it the same record should come to another queue2. > >Regards, >. > Hi Gill, Can i integrate my Web a...

Setting Primary Contact
Hello, The answer is probably obvious, but how does one set a contact as primary? Thanks! -- Ursula R. Hi, If you open any account record, you would see field "Primary Contact". Using this field you can set existing contact as primary contact for account. Regards, Rohit "Ursula Rigg" wrote: > Hello, > > The answer is probably obvious, but how does one set a contact as primary? > Thanks! > -- > Ursula R. Hi Rohit, Interestingly, I do not have that field present in the account view. Guess I need to see our administrator? Thanks. -- Ursula...

opening established files
Originally purchased Publisher 3.0 for Windows 95. Used it often. Upgraded to Office 97 and still used Publisher 3.0. Later upgraded to Office 2000. Still using Publisher 3.0. Transfered all my existing files to new Dell 8200 with XP last year. Still able to use Publisher 3.0. Recent hardware problem required reformat of hard drive. Backed up all files to CD at local vendor. Reinstalled XP and all programs. Now I cannot open Publisher files. Error message says cannot load from a different version. All other programs appear to be working as in the past. 3.0 is all I ever ...

security should let me restrict what is seen in contacts history
There should be a way to set security on contacts so that users can only see their own activities and history instead of all the activities and history associated with a contact. ex: User1 in BU1 owns Contact1, User2 in BU2 needs to communicate with this person also however the correspondences between User1 and Contact1 are confidential and cannot be viewed by anyone else in the company. Problem cannot use sharing because if the contact is shared User2 can now see all of the history and confidential e-mail correspondence, cannot give User2 global read permission on contacts because they...

Finally I opened the cash drawer!
The devices I use are Epson TM-T88IIIP Printer and MS EP107 Cash drawer(it's a very old mode) and the cash drawer is wired to the printer directly. Firstly, I installed the windows driver for the printer and the cash drawer couldn't open. I called the support representative and they said the driver of cash drawer has to be OPOS and the cash drawer is driven by the printer, so the printer driver has to be OPOS. I didn't see any info about this in the manual. Maybe Microsoft should add it. Then, I installed the Epson OPOS driver and added the the printer and the cash drawer in...

Problem with opening OL98 .PST in OL2003
I bought a new computer with Windows XP and Outlook 2003. I I created a file with personal folders "backup.pst" in Outlook 98. I copied this file into my new computer and tried to open it in Outlook 2003. Outlook 2003 does not recognize the file and gives me the message that "this file is not a personal folder file". I run scanpst.exe program to repair the file. I got the message "Inbox Repair Tool does not recognize the file backup.pst. No information can be recovered". I tried to convert the file from non-unicode format into unicode format by creating pe...

Prob. opening webpage from link in mail
Hello, some of our users have a problem to open a webpage that is put as link to an email. We are using Outlook XP and Internet Explorer 6... Internet Explorer opens but does not give the page. Normal use of internet is ok. Any idea??? ...

Problem opening and configuring Outlook 2007
I have Windows 7 with Live mail. I recently installed Office 2007. When I attempt to open Outlook, I get "The connection to MS Exchange is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." I click OK. Then a MS Exchange window pops up. I click OK on that. Then I get another error message. "Cannot open your default email folders. The file .... outlook.ost is not an offline folder file. I ran diagnostics all said I'm OK. BUT still my Outlook is DOA!! HELP! -- CR Do you actually have an exchange connection? "CR&quo...

Unable to open excel dictionary error
Hello, Our client is receiveing the following error when trying to login. "Unable to open dictionary c:/etc.../XL1878F.dic" They claim they have not made any system changes. It just started to occur. We have removed XL from the set file until we figure out the error. Does anyone have any ideas on this? thx, Doug -- Doug Wilson Great Plains Consultant MCS Canada It would appear that the file is corrupted. I would just reinstall the software or copy a Great Plains folder from a workstation that is working properly. "Doug" wrote: > Hello, > > Our client i...