Search using multiple fields

Hi

Is it possible to search by multiple fields, for example: telephone = '123' or telepone2 = '123'
Any suggestions

TIA
Miria

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Miriam,
the "normal" search fields don't give you this
opportunity. But you can use the advanced search option.
Tools/Advanced search
Searching on two different objects isn't possible.

Steffen Klipfel
0
Steffen
5/1/2004 10:07:18 AM
If you need a more advanced search tool check out www.c360.com. They have an
addon that can search across multiple objects and also save your queries

"Steffen Klipfel" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> [...]

0
John
5/1/2004 6:29:46 PM
If you're just needing to look for blanks within a
particular field, put the wildcard * in front of the
search.

Good luck!

wrote in message
> [...]
0
kb

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

Permissions is not allowing me to use my print preview.
Help! Don't understand My Permission in Excel. Even though I unrestrict, it still doesn't allow me to Preview my documents. How do I reset? Please Help, ...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Search criteria
I have a search form that selects records from a query when the value of two fields (txtmonth-a date field and txtcompnay- a text field) in the query match the value of two controls (txtsearch and txtsearch2) on my form. However I want to change the code so that the serach criteria works like this: Find records where: txtsearch=txtcompany and txtsearch2 is blank txtsearch2=txtmonth and txtsearch is blank txtsearch=txtcompany AND txtsearch2=txtmonth Here is my current code: Private Sub txtSearch_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii = 13 Then 'execute search ...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

How do I TRIM a field in existing fields....?
I didn't realize when I imported some data into my database that there were a bunch of spaces after all the data. I know that I can do a RTRIM the data in a query, but I don't want to have to remember every time I create a query to TRIM it. Do I have to use a query and make a temp table and then delete the data from my original table and then put the data back in from my temp table. I can do this, but wanted to know if there is a better way. Thanks Kelvin Kelvin A standard approach to importing (and "cleaning") data is to import/append to a temporary table, then ...

Question on multiple NICs used by Exchange 2003
I have a requirement to bind four virtual SMTP servers to unique IP addresses. The server has four NICs and each IP address is uniquely bound to a virtual SMTP server. I used telnet to confirm that the appropriate virtual SMTP server responds to each assigned IP address. In case you are wondering why I did not use virtual IP addresses- Per Microsoft, the virtual IP address schema will not satisfy our requirement that the same IP address be used for sending (relaying) the e-mail that received it. Their recommendation was to have a NIC for each virtual SMTP server. The problem that I am ex...

How to search against XML files in the file system?
Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred way to find terms in XML files located on the file system? Like finding stuff saved in XML files some of the blogs use these days to store their blog items? There can be lots and lots and lots of XML files on the file system to search. -- <%= Clinton Gallagher NET csgallagher AT metromilwaukee.com URL http://clintongallagher.metromilwaukee.com/ clintonG wrote: > Putting the search textbox on the page is the easy part. What's preferred > way to find terms in XML files located ...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

stationary, templete, signatures with multiple accounts
Hello all, I use Outlook 2002 to access three email accounts ( Work, Hotmail, and home ISP ) Obviuosly I can choose from which account I'm sending from at the time of mesasge creation. What I am asking is, is it possible for when, let's say, I choose to send from my work account, a certain stationary and/or template and/or signature is used ----- and a different stationary and/or template and/or signature is used when I send from my ISP, etc....... Please advise, preferably be sending directly to patrick072040@comcast.net., or by replying to this post. Thank you in advance !! O...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

How to use AjaxToolKit in asp.net for DHTML Editor
Dear Sir/Madam Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. Thanks in Advance "Deep" <vinodkus@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7ac633e9-2cbd-4417-9b4e-363a9b5b3e74@d27g2000yqf.googlegroups.com... > Please tell me how to use AjaxToolKit dll for DHTML purpose using C#. http://tinyurl.com/ybfuqo8 ...

Using the classes created with xsd.exe
I have created classes from several xsd files. These files create about 150 classes and spot checking them they do represent types in the xsd files. the question is how do I use these files. How do I load data into them and create xml from them. Is there some articles about this subject. Thank you, -- Jerry Hi Jerry, As for the classes you've generated, are they normal classes or dataset classes? As for the normal classes you generated through xsd.exe, you can use XML serialization to convert those class instances into XML content or deserialize the XML content back into objec...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

multiple balances on one printout
I want to print all the months on one sheet. with a total, is this possible and if so how do I do so. Thanks ...

Reminders coming back after offline use
I have a user who uses Outlook on his laptop, but when he is out of the office he accesses mail through OWA. Every time he comes back in the office he says he gets inundated with old reminders popping up. And when you click on "Dismiss" you get an error that says, "conflicting edits have been made to the same item..." and there are duplicates of the event. I looked at this today and noticed that there is an event with the original date and the duplicate was showing a last-edited date of last Thursday. I asked if anything unusual happened last Thursday and he said he pro...

Multiple Filters in a Form
Hi, I need some help. I have a form based on a query which lists wine in a cellar. I want to allow the users to filter the content on the form by using multiple filters. The following code works well. Private Sub CmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "" Dim strNonZero As String Dim strType As String Dim strYear As String strNonZero = "" strType = "" strYear = "" ' from a check box to show either only current wine in cellar or all wine included that which has been drunk - no bottles in cellar If CheckNonZero = True Then ...

How to merge columns and rows into one cell besides using Merge and Center Icon?
I had posted this question before, but I couldn�t find this thread in any of the pages up till page 17. So I�m posting again. I want to merge all rows and columns starting from A1 to J2, with no lines in between into one cell. My text data value are in D1 and D2 respectively. Using Merge and Center Icon will only retain the upper-left most data, resulting the data in D2 to be deleted. So how to merge all rows and columns into one cell and yet prevent the data in D2 to be deleted? Any help will be greatly appreciated. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from h...

multiple email domain hosting
Is it possible with Exchange 2003 to host multiple email domains in addition to the Active directory integrated domain of the entreprise. To make that server a mail server for other company in pop3 only. I know in Exchange 5.5 it was possible but i did not find anything for routing domains in Exchange 2003 Can exchange 2003 host multiple other email domain without them being in the active directory ? Thanks Yes it can be done, Just make sure you have the DNS MX records pointing to your server/s, then either create a new recipient policy, or modify the default recipient policy. So ...

Using MFC dll from non-MFC application
I have been struggling several weeks with this problem. I need to call an MFC dll from a non-MFC application. The MFC dll was originally a working MFC program that I conveted to a dll. The dll works fine except that it crashes when I exit. Can anyone provide me with some snippets of working code showing how you did this? An example of the calling code, the CWinApp (or at least the InitInstance) and the hook function would be great. I have read several times that this should be easy to do, so I am probably just missing a simple line somewhere. The way I created my dll is to use to ...

Virus Outbreak by using SMTP virtual server
Hi, The client was accidentally open approved-password.zip file then the nightmare began to spread out. It will use "system administrator" and "webmaster" as sender to inform the user that their password is grant or deny. Today, it tried to send out as NDR style. I assumed the virus on the workstation is using our smtp server. Will there a log that SMTP virtual server may generate so I can keep cross reference such as workstation or username so I can pinpoint? Any suggestion or recommendation will be appreciated. I am currently using Trend Micro Offican or Scan...