Search in CRM

In all the " Find..." search box, whenever i typed in any keywords, the
search is run based on "start with the keywords". Is there any way to change
the setting, or by modifying some configuration variable to enable that?

Urgent! Thanks!
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

The "Quick Find" feature as we call it, supports wild cards; and a trailing
wildcard is always assumed.  So when you type in "Test" it is assumed to
mean "Test*".  You can use "*Test" to find all records with "Test" anywhere
in the title.

Aaron Elder
Microsoft Customer Relationship Management
Core Application Development Team

"Phil" <Phil @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In all the " Find..." search box, whenever i typed in any keywords, the
> search is run based on "start with the keywords". Is there any way to
> change
> the setting, or by modifying some configuration variable to enable that?
>
> Urgent! Thanks!

0
Aaron

Going offline in CRM 10-05-04
Hey: I recently found out that you may create a CRM Appoinment and have it synch up to CRM by clicking the CRM "Go Offline" button in the SFO shortcut toolbar... Problem is, I keep getting the error "CRM SFO cannot go offline. The Microsoft Server was not found." Has anyone else had this problem? --Dodd > I recently found out that you may create a CRM Appoinment > and have it synch up to CRM by clicking the CRM "Go > Offline" button in the SFO shortcut toolbar... This is true, you can schedule for yourself and it will sync to CRM. However, you c...

Fail when registering MS CRM 3.0
Hi, I've little problem when try to register MS CRM 3.0. It always said something like this : The wizard requires an Internet connection to complete registration. Activate your Internet connection if it is disabled. If you do not have an Internet connection, contact Microsoft Business Solutions Support at 1-800-456-0025 to complete registration. Funny thing is I have internet connection, and I already remove all firewall settings. Can any bode help me, since I only have 4 days remaining. Rgds, Hi You just need to make sure the State field is completed - its not shown as comp...

Error when installing CRM Cisco Call Conector
Since yesterday, I'm unable to use CRM Cisco Call Conector. While oppening page http://myserver:5556/CUCCDial.aspx?orgname=ivicatest&userlcid=1033&orglcid=1033&type=2&typename=contact&id=%7b7DAA16B0-9C79-DD11-9DD0-001558D34BEF%7d I'm getting eror saying: Could not find any resources appropriate for the specified culture or the neutral culture. Make sure "CUCCDial.aspx.resources" was correctly embedded or linked into assembly "App_LocalResources.root.dclsriqb" at compile time, or that all the satellite assemblies required are loadable and fully s...

Task Category does not appear to sync between CRM 3.0 and Outlook
I've been trying to find a way to sync the category field on a CRM task with the outlook task categories. Is this possible? Have I missed something? Whatever category I set for a task in Outlook it is blank in CRM. The same is true the other direction. The tasks themselves seem to sync but the Category fields are unaffected. Any help would be appreciated. ....Steve This field is not synchronized and the mapping is not customizable. Maybe you could store the data in the subject field. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

BCM and CRM
For support purposes, I would like to install Business Contact Manager 2007. I currently run Outlook 2007, Exchange Server 2003, and CRM 3.0. Will BCM conflict with CRM or vise-versa? Thanks, Craig. I have seen it work fine with MSCRM 3.0 but if you have plans to upgrade to MSCRM 4.0, then I would not put it on the machines. There is a problem with BCM and CRM4 -- Brett Meyer CRM Manager/Microsoft Certified Instructor "CraigH" wrote: > For support purposes, I would like to install Business Contact Manager 2007. > I currently run Outlook 2007, Exchange Server 2003,...

Migration from Goldmine to CRM 3.0 with Scribe insight help needed
Ok, we are doing a migration from Goldmine 6.5 Corporate Edition to CRM 3.0. I took the advice of numerous posts and purchased Scribe insight for the data migration. There is very little for instructions for this software. I am getting the Error Number 104 "Error opening data source GoldMineAdapter.Database." Any ideas what this problem may be? I Thank you for any help, and i will try not to post too many stupid questions about this :) Rodney please feel free to respond: rhall;at;salient;dot;com Hi Rodney, I am Scribe certified and I use Scribe many times but I have not ge...

Search doesn't work in one folder (Outlook 2003)
When the user has placed certain items in a separate folder, search can't find them. The messages are found when moved to another folder. The folder's name name is �M (non-ASCII) but renaming the folder doesn't help. ...

Entourage unindexed LDAP search
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap Logs from our LDAP server indicate that an unindexed searches are being attempted several times during a day. They cannot succeed due to timeout values, yet they do put an undesireable load on the LDAP server. <br><br>After being contacted by the network admin, I discovered that what all the relevant IPs had in common was Entourage, and users who tended to leave it open. The msrtcsip in the search also makes me suspect Entourage. Any ideas on how to change this behavior? &quo...

Deactivate/Disable User and activities
Hi. Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? Would other users be able to manage the activities. Thank you. -- Cheers Sue Hi, before disabling your user, you could first assign his open activities to one or more other users before deactivating him "Sue" wrote: > Hi. > > > Is there any effects on activities (open, scheduled, completed or cancelled) > if a user is Disabled/Deactivated? > > Would other users be able to manage the activities. > > Thank you. > > -- &g...

CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile.
CRM Laptop Client for Outlook starts with other users profile. I have uninstalled the CRM Laptop Client for Outlook from his profile and deleted the MSCRM. pst, Re-installed CRM Laptop Client for Outlook with my profile but still can see other user login. Even webclient opens with his login, it doesnt promts for Username & Password after installing CRM Laptop Client for Outlook. Thanks in advance ...

Tectura CRM connector ?
Hi all , what is the best system for integration between Navision and CRM ? Anyone has experienced in using the CRM connector of Tectura ? If anyone can shed the light about ease / difficulities in using it ? Though i was checking the web site of Tectura Denmark and could not find more than 2 pages report.... regards Aami It is not available in the US yet, we have a few clients asking us about it, they will have to wait or custom build... Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Aami" wrote: > Hi all , > > what is the best system for integra...

Is Ms crm 3.0 supported SQL server 2005 devloper edition ?
Is Ms crm 3.0 supported SQL server 2005 devloper edition ?P Thanks advanced Kittu No, CRM is not supported on any developer/desktop editions (unless you are talking the Outlook client laptop edition). CRM requires, and takes full advantage of SQL Server 2000 or 2005 ...

Do you have a workaround for relationship limitations in CRM V4?
We are using Dynamic CRM V4. I want to create additional relationships between my system entities, Account and Contacts, and would appreciate any advice and suggestions. Basically, I want to create a lookup field similar to the Primary Contact, named Secondary Contact. My understanding of CRM limitations is that you can not create more than one relationship between any two entities; I think this is CRM limitation and not a database limitation. Is there a workaround such as introducing a linking table (another entity?) or a SDK type extension for this purpose? The limitation you re...

CRM
I guess CRM 1.2 supports single sign on from AD...? So I dont need to login in to CRm once authenicated to A Is this right thanks That is correct. Though somtimes, when trying to open an acticity, my users will be prompted to login again. >-----Original Message----- >I guess CRM 1.2 supports single sign on from AD...? So I dont need to login in to CRm once authenicated to AD > >Is this right? > >thanks >. > ...

Installing CRM 3.0 on Server 2003 with an existing SBS 2003 DC
Can someone point me in the right direction. I want to install CRM 3.0 - Small Business Edition on a Dual Xeon Server with Raid 5 and Server 2003 and have it integrate with my existing DC, an SBS 2003 Server and Exchange. I cannot find any info on this type of setup anywhere. My SBS Server is a Dual Xeon server but as it only has 2 SATA drives configured as a Raid 1, I would like to use the other server. Any and ALL help will be greatly appreciated. David I would try the CRM Implantations guide at the following link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=1ff067f8-4f7...

Searching files
What is best method of searching for specific files in the system, and to put them in tree view? You can check out my example 17 at http://www.railjonrogut.com/mfc_link.html Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer Rail Jon Rogut Software http://www.railjonrogut.com mailto:rail@railjonrogut.com "C G S Reddy" <CGSReddy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D58C3288-A770-4BD9-8E41-64358BA0717C@microsoft.com... > What is best method of searching for specific files in the system, and to > put > them in tree view? C G S...

Search folder with no categories in O2003?
I have not used Outlook for some years, and now I am using Outlook 2003 at work. I would like to categorize my e-mails, and then use search folders to find the mails of different categories. So far, so good. However, to catch the mails I have not categorized I would like to create a search folder that catches mails that has not yet been assigned to any categories. Can this be done? I _could_ of course simply use folders instead of categories, but that would prevent me from effectively filtering mails which may be relevant to multiple categories. Did you try a search folder using the Advanc...

Performance Monitoring for CRM 4.0 with SCOM or another tool? #2
Hi. As far as I can tell, the only performance monitoring pack for CRM 4.0 is for MOM; however we run Microsoft SCOM. I was wondering the following: 1. Could someone be nice enough to post the CRM MOM counters and thresholds so we can build our own perfmon script? 2. Could someone let me know if a monitoring pack for SCOM will someday be available? (either from MS or 3rd party) 3. Could someone let me know if there is an existing 3rd party utility I could use to monitor my CRM environment (I haven't seen one but maybe there is one). Thank you! ...

How do I search for the second largest value in the array?
How do I search for the second (or third and so on) largest value in the array either in column or row? =LARGE(A:A,2) =LARGE(A:A,3) =LARGE(1:1,2) =LARGE(1:1,3) -- David Biddulph "Golf" <Golf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:241155EE-30CA-4E7C-8E8C-2215F1523919@microsoft.com... > How do I search for the second (or third and so on) largest value in the > array either in column or row? Assume that you would like to get the result from A column Data. Column:- This will get the Largest number from A Column =LARGE(A:A,1) Similar ...

Google vs the new Windows Live Desktop Search (tool bar) and Outlook
a) Google finds everything and quickely b) Google Desktop Search crashes Outlook 2003 when a manual "send & recieve" is done with at least one HTTP account. c) The new Windows Live Tool Bar Desktop Search (with Outlook integration) is stable and has a nice "conversation" feature to follow an email "thread". d) The new Windows Desktop search fails to find email in Outlook Has anyone else experienced these issues and / or have solutions? Thank you Try Copernic Desktop Search. http://www.copernic.com/ I find it superior to both MS and Google Regards Mark D...

SRS Reporting with CRM 3.0
Hi All, I have a question regarding the performance of SQL Reporting Services under MS CRM 3.0. There will be nine reports for this CRM projects that we are working on and each of them has complex queries which involves several (more than 5) subqueries. Subquery draws lots of resources from the DB and I am planning to create views, stored procedures and UD functions to enhance the performance of the queries. The problem is, MS Dynamic strongly disagree developers to add non-CRM related views, sp or functions into the CRM database and I don’t think it’s a good practice to add prog...

CRM & Zoomtext
Is anyone familiar with a product from a1squared called Zoomtext? I have a client who is visually impaired. He runs this application to display the information in a format he can see and it provides voice dialog. I noticed that it works with MS Office 2003. If it does not, are there any applications in this space that can perform these tasks? if zoomtext works in a web browser I do not see any reason why it would not work with CRM as it will be working at a lower level than CRM anyway ie to work with the display system in windows -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mi...

CRM Integrated Predictive Dialer?
Anyone know of a good predictive dialer system that integrates with MSCRM? I have heard of many PBX integrations but have yet to hear of any predictive dialers for CRM. I assume you want the system dialing numbers from the crm database then handing the call of to a telemarketer when a call is picked up? take a look at www.genesylabs.com and see if they have this feature. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Jake" <jake.horn@order4chaos.com> wrote in message news:1141425384.374228.241860@i39g2000cwa.googl...

Using the 1.2 Word Templates for Quotes in CRM 3.0
Hi, We had a Template for Quotations that worked fine. We used in the template: {IF =ABMerge Sequence #=BB =3D "1" "} and at the end of the template we used: {IF =ABLastItem=BB =3D"1" "}. We managed to edit the crm quote template in order to create this template. For some reason, it doesn't work in CRM 3.0! The first part works, but all the lines that appear after {IF =ABLastItem=BB =3D"1" "} doesn't appear in the merged quotation. Why is that? I have read in the group about an addon that must be purchased, but I would like to be sure th...

Problem on SBS 2003
I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following error - Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ImportDefaultDataAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80070003): The system cannot find the path specified Any ideas on what is happening? Thanks Hi, Are you installing on a real server or a virtual machine? Have you tried using different media? Where in the installation do you get the error? //Gustaf "Ted Giesler" wrote: > I get signficantly through the CRM installation and I receive the following > error - > > Mi...