SDK error -> HTTP status 401: unauthorized.source:System.web services

Hi all,

I am using the SDK to build a custom aspx page that simply extracts
the 'fullname' of every user in the 'systemuser' entity and assign it
to a particular field in the Opportunity form. This is because the
client needs a user to be assigned to an opportunity as the owner of
the opportunity will not necessarily be working on it.

I have Visual Studio and therefore development performed on my local
machine and MSCRM is installed on a virtual server. I have managed to
bring the custom aspx page up from the MSCRM server without any issues
but have not been able to make a connection as it comes up with the
error:

"The request failed with HTTP status 401:
unauthorized.source:System.web services"

I have referenced the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy and
System.Web.Services in my solution and have no idea what needs to be
done. I am thinking that something needs to be done with the IIS
Security settings in the MSCRM server. I also however am thinking the
problem lies within my own aspx implementation. Help will be much
appreciated.

And once the page is successfully working, what is the best practice
to place the page within the wwwroot folder?

Nathan
0
nathan_g_cho
2/26/2004 11:27:49 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Nathan, if your custom page isn't in the wwwroot directory (or a
subfolder of it), make sure that your virtual directory or website in IIS
has anonymous access disabled, and Integrated Windows auth turned on.  You
web page must impersonate the CRM user to access the CRM system.

When you move your app to the wwwroot, I'd add a Custom sub folder, and then
another folder within that with your company name.  Many CRM add-on products
install into a sub-folder of the custom folder.  i.e.:

c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\greaterthantwo
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\c360
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\yourcompanyname
etc.

Mike

greaterthantwo media
Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now available
for MSCRM.
http://www.greaterthantwo.com

"N8" <nathan_g_cho@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I am using the SDK to build a custom aspx page that simply extracts
> the 'fullname' of every user in the 'systemuser' entity and assign it
> to a particular field in the Opportunity form. This is because the
> client needs a user to be assigned to an opportunity as the owner of
> the opportunity will not necessarily be working on it.
>
> I have Visual Studio and therefore development performed on my local
> machine and MSCRM is installed on a virtual server. I have managed to
> bring the custom aspx page up from the MSCRM server without any issues
> but have not been able to make a connection as it comes up with the
> error:
>
> "The request failed with HTTP status 401:
> unauthorized.source:System.web services"
>
> I have referenced the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy and
> System.Web.Services in my solution and have no idea what needs to be
> done. I am thinking that something needs to be done with the IIS
> Security settings in the MSCRM server. I also however am thinking the
> problem lies within my own aspx implementation. Help will be much
> appreciated.
>
> And once the page is successfully working, what is the best practice
> to place the page within the wwwroot folder?
>
> Nathan

0
GreaterThanTwo
2/27/2004 12:01:37 AM
on a similar note

my crm 1.2 system keeps authenticating me as the machine username ie
domain\IWAM_Username

therefore i get errors becuase this account does not have a crm license

any ideas anyone?

"GreaterThanTwo Media" <nospam_info@greaterthantwo.com> wrote in message
> Hi Nathan, if your custom page isn't in the wwwroot directory (or a
> subfolder of it), make sure that your virtual directory or website in IIS
> has anonymous access disabled, and Integrated Windows auth turned on.  You
> web page must impersonate the CRM user to access the CRM system.
>
> When you move your app to the wwwroot, I'd add a Custom sub folder, and
then
> another folder within that with your company name.  Many CRM add-on
products
> install into a sub-folder of the custom folder.  i.e.:
>
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\greaterthantwo
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\c360
> c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\yourcompanyname
> etc.
>
> Mike
>
> greaterthantwo media
> Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now
available
> for MSCRM.
> http://www.greaterthantwo.com
>

> "N8" <nathan_g_cho@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I am using the SDK to build a custom aspx page that simply extracts
> > the 'fullname' of every user in the 'systemuser' entity and assign it
> > to a particular field in the Opportunity form. This is because the
> > client needs a user to be assigned to an opportunity as the owner of
> > the opportunity will not necessarily be working on it.
> >
> > I have Visual Studio and therefore development performed on my local
> > machine and MSCRM is installed on a virtual server. I have managed to
> > bring the custom aspx page up from the MSCRM server without any issues
> > but have not been able to make a connection as it comes up with the
> > error:
> >
> > "The request failed with HTTP status 401:
> > unauthorized.source:System.web services"
> >
> > I have referenced the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy and
> > System.Web.Services in my solution and have no idea what needs to be
> > done. I am thinking that something needs to be done with the IIS
> > Security settings in the MSCRM server. I also however am thinking the
> > problem lies within my own aspx implementation. Help will be much
> > appreciated.
> >
> > And once the page is successfully working, what is the best practice
> > to place the page within the wwwroot folder?
> >
> > Nathan

0
John
2/27/2004 3:53:07 AM
Don't know if this helps:

http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBN/tip6900/rh6981.htm
0
Jon
2/27/2004 12:02:34 PM
John, you have the same problem as N8.  You need to disable anonymous access
on your website or virtual directory in IIS.

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:eN%23l3UO$DHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> on a similar note
>
> my crm 1.2 system keeps authenticating me as the machine username ie
> domain\IWAM_Username
>
> therefore i get errors becuase this account does not have a crm license
>
> any ideas anyone?
>

> "GreaterThanTwo Media" <nospam_info@greaterthantwo.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Nathan, if your custom page isn't in the wwwroot directory (or a
> > subfolder of it), make sure that your virtual directory or website in
IIS
> > has anonymous access disabled, and Integrated Windows auth turned on.
You
> > web page must impersonate the CRM user to access the CRM system.
> >
> > When you move your app to the wwwroot, I'd add a Custom sub folder, and
> then
> > another folder within that with your company name.  Many CRM add-on
> products
> > install into a sub-folder of the custom folder.  i.e.:
> >
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\greaterthantwo
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\c360
> > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\yourcompanyname
> > etc.
> >
> > Mike
> >
> > greaterthantwo media
> > Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now
> available
> > for MSCRM.
> > http://www.greaterthantwo.com
> >

> > "N8" <nathan_g_cho@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I am using the SDK to build a custom aspx page that simply extracts
> > > the 'fullname' of every user in the 'systemuser' entity and assign it
> > > to a particular field in the Opportunity form. This is because the
> > > client needs a user to be assigned to an opportunity as the owner of
> > > the opportunity will not necessarily be working on it.
> > >
> > > I have Visual Studio and therefore development performed on my local
> > > machine and MSCRM is installed on a virtual server. I have managed to
> > > bring the custom aspx page up from the MSCRM server without any issues
> > > but have not been able to make a connection as it comes up with the
> > > error:
> > >
> > > "The request failed with HTTP status 401:
> > > unauthorized.source:System.web services"
> > >
> > > I have referenced the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy and
> > > System.Web.Services in my solution and have no idea what needs to be
> > > done. I am thinking that something needs to be done with the IIS
> > > Security settings in the MSCRM server. I also however am thinking the
> > > problem lies within my own aspx implementation. Help will be much
> > > appreciated.
> > >
> > > And once the page is successfully working, what is the best practice
> > > to place the page within the wwwroot folder?
> > >
> > > Nathan

0
GreaterThanTwo
2/27/2004 4:43:48 PM
hello Mike

already did this and got the same failure. My problem is the old running crm
on a domain controller..i did this to avoid having to built new images etc.
Currently building a correct virtual pc environment with a seperate DC to
avoid any more issues

thanks for input though

> John, you have the same problem as N8.  You need to disable anonymous
access
> on your website or virtual directory in IIS.
>
> Mike
> greaterthantwo media
> Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now
available
> for MSCRM.
> http://www.greaterthantwo.com
>

> "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
> message news:eN%23l3UO$DHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> > on a similar note
> >
> > my crm 1.2 system keeps authenticating me as the machine username ie
> > domain\IWAM_Username
> >
> > therefore i get errors becuase this account does not have a crm license
> >
> > any ideas anyone?
> >

> > "GreaterThanTwo Media" <nospam_info@greaterthantwo.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi Nathan, if your custom page isn't in the wwwroot directory (or a
> > > subfolder of it), make sure that your virtual directory or website in
> IIS
> > > has anonymous access disabled, and Integrated Windows auth turned on.
> You
> > > web page must impersonate the CRM user to access the CRM system.
> > >
> > > When you move your app to the wwwroot, I'd add a Custom sub folder,
and
> > then
> > > another folder within that with your company name.  Many CRM add-on
> > products
> > > install into a sub-folder of the custom folder.  i.e.:
> > >
> > > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\greaterthantwo
> > > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\c360
> > > c:\inetpub\wwwroot\custom\yourcompanyname
> > > etc.
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > greaterthantwo media
> > > Printable Quotes, Orders and Invoices, with line-item details, now
> > available
> > > for MSCRM.
> > > http://www.greaterthantwo.com
> > >

> > > "N8" <nathan_g_cho@yahoo.co.nz> wrote in message

0
John

\windows\system32\config\system
My original post does not seem to be showing up so I am posting again... My computer appears to be having the same issue that many are having. We received the above error message and it says to use the CDs. Our computer was OEM and thus we did not get CDs, plus we cannot use the article, "How to recover from a corrupted registry that prevents Windows XP from starting" due to the manufacturer installation. My husband has used all the options that come with F8. Safe mode and recovery mode are not helping because they can't get past the start up screen. I have ...

macro error #2
Whenever I press enter or tab., etc. to exit a cell I get the error "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." The thing is, I do not believe I have any macros - I was playing around before but I believe I deleted them all. (When I go to Run Macros, there are none, and when I view code under General Declarations and Work Sheet, there is no code listed). Does anyone know of any solution to this problem other than to change my Macro security from High to Medium? Th...

Error message
I always get and error message when signing on to my email account. It says check the box for details, but there are no error messages or codes in the box. How do I correct this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 One way to fix this problem is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail: http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:8182F8DB-1691-4D30-9A27-...

Office 97 Excel--FuncRes.xla Error?
Back in 1996 I wrote some add-on statistical functions in VBA for Excel. In 2000 or so I acquired Office97 and ran it under Win2000 Pro successfully. I've since moved on to XP Pro and tried running it. I get a "FuncRes.XLA error" and a notice about VBA macros. Once I get by those message, I cannot run my old programs. What's up? Am I going to have to purchase XP Office? Perhaps there's another way? A workaround? The thought of paying out $400 or more for an upgrade does not excite me. Funcres.xla is the workbook that contains the Analysis toolpak (installed via too...

System Error when Printing Access 2003 Report
Hello, I am using Access 2003. I have created a report with totals and counts on the page footers and when I try to print it, I get an error - System Error The document cannot be printed due to a system error. Try printing again. If unsuccessful, restart Windows and try printing again. When I click OK, it will print the page header only. The rest of the report will not be printed. What should I do? On my other computer, this error appears occasionally and I am able to print sometimes, but on my other computer, I always get this error. Please help. ...

CRM 4.0 Workflow / .Net Assembly errors
I have an environment that has been running for over a year and was upgraded around the beginning of this year to 4.0 from 3.0. All of a sudden when we modify the workflow.config to either remove or to add new methods and modify the workflows via the workflow editor, as soon as we unpublish a workflow and try to go in and change something, it keeps throwing errors of object not set to an instance of the object. Basically CRM cannot find the record. But when I go directly to the database and search for the GUID I can find it in the Workflowbase table without problems. We have been resorting ...

display count/results of filtering Excel in status bar
I have two Excel spreadsheets. In one the results of applying a filter are displayed in the status bar - eg. '24 of 144 records found'. In the other I get just 'Filter mode'. I've examined the option settings - they appear identical. There are no macros attached to the sheets either. The '24 of 144 records found' type of message is very useful. How do I make all my spreadsheets produce it on filtering? Found the answer - a bug in Excel which stops the status bar displaying the count if the sheet contains 51 or more calculated cells. The 'fix' is to t...

ADFS
I am trying to configure an NT-token based app. The configuration seems to be fine when checked with the ADFS diagnostics tool on the web server. I do not have access to the Account FS or the Resource FS as they are hosted elsewhere but they seem to be working fine as I am able to successfully login. After logging in I get access denied to my application and the following errors show up in the event logs. Application log: ADFS ISAPI Extension error The ADFS Web Agent Internet Server Application Programming Interface (ISAPI) Extension was unable to obtain a Windows NT token f...

File.Save does not really save the current (or complete) status of the excel workbook (XL2000)
I am facing a funny (???) phenomenon when I (or others) save a large (approx. 8MB) Excel 2000 workbook. Especially when I make changes to a dialog, then save the workbook and open it again, these changes are not (or only partially ???) effective... But also simple changes to one or more of the Worksheets (approx. 20 large sheets) will not be saved consistently. Any help ? - Gerhard I've never seen excel do this with any size workbook. Are you sure you're opening the file that you just saved? Maybe your saved version is in a different folder. Try putting this formula in a worshee...

Upgrade to Great Plains Dynamics 9.0 error, Column PRODID not foun
Hello, I am attempting a test upgrade from Great Plains 7.5 to Dynamics 9.0 and I get an error during the system tables upgrade portion, right at the 'Load Additional Required Data' step. The error message is: The following SQL statement produced an error: delete from DU000010 where PRODID=258 followed by: ERROR [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'PRODID'. I checked the DU000010 table and the column does NOT exist. I also tried upgrading from 7.5 to 8.0, which worked, but when I then try to upgrade that 8.0 to 9.0, I still get the sa...

Send/Receive Error #10
After synchronizing the following error message appears in the Outlook Send/receive progress window: Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" reported error (0x00040820). 'Errors in background synchonization. In most cases, further information is available in a synchronization log in the deleted items folder.' Few, if any, items are actually getting snychronized. The Sync log contains a link to a MS knowledgebase article that pertains to OL2000, I'm running OL2002 on Exchange 5.5. ...

Messaging Subsystem Spooler Error message
My Outlook mail is forzen. i cannot send or receive messages. The error message reads: Messaging Subsystem Spooler. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? I'll throw my hat into this ring as well. Outlook has been working fine for months/years. And then for no apparant reason (don't know what the wife did in my absence) it stops functioning with the message "Microsoft Windows (TM) messaging subsystem spooler has encountered a problem and needs to close" I'm running Outlook 2000 with Windows XP. Funny thing is that Outlook Express continues to work fine ...

Problems with Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003
Has anyone noticed any issues with OWA in 2003? I have had a few users where if they go into their regular Outlook, they see tons of mail from various senders in their inbox. However, when they go into their Outlook Web Access, they do not see all of that mail in their inbox. They may only see mail going to certain groups they are members of. I also have users in which if they open a new email in OWA, as soon as they close it, it disappears from their inbox. And it doesn't show up in their Deleted folder. In both cases, I can export their mailbox as a pst, delete and recreate their a...

error in Financial Planning section
getting error that reads: HRESULT 0x8004621a Any suggestions? Thank you. Bill ...

Whoam I error
Hi Trying to write a sample program using SDK We get invalid acess error 405 when we use Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser bizUser = new Microsoft.CRM.Proxy.BizUser (); any idea? Lakshmi On order to determine whether your issue is due to a problem with either your crm environment or code can i suggest you try running one of the c# examples to see if that works. if it does at least we know its a coding issue and therefore can you isolate your code to a very small example and post the text here thanks "Lakshmi" <lakshmi@nospam.com> wrote in message news:011701c3946e$e66ef290$...

"The system cannot find the file specified"
I have an important spreadsheet to send as an email attachment, but every time I try I get the message "The system cannot find the file specified" yet I can open it without any problems in Excel 2000 (Windows XP). Iv'e been trying thisfor several days, the PC has been rebooted a number of times and I've cleared out temp. files. I've saved it to other folders, even onto a disk or a portable USB drive.I've also copied the cells into a new file several times - all without success. Any ideas what has gone wrong please? Is there any way other than starting again fro...

Microsoft CRM Reporting Services DateTime Parameter
Hello, I've built a report for a client using Reporting Services in VIsual Studio 2005. The report is viewed in CRM 3.0. I have, among others, 2 parameters that are using DateTime format. The client would like to be able to enter parameters for not only date, but time of day as well. As of right now, the parameter control only allows them to enter a date. I have been unable to find a way to expand the selection to include the desired time of day to the parameter. Is this even supported? Thanks, CJ ...

Error in the installation of Portal Business
Good This text is translated by Power Tranlator. I am installing Business Portal and it indicates me the following message: An error ocurred while applying security setting. nt authority\network service is not valid user or group. This could be a problem with the package, or a problem connecting to domain controller on the network, Check your network connection and retry, or cancel to end the install. Thank you for their help. ------=_NextPart_0001_75D3622C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello and thank you for using Newsgroups! The following us...

Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com
Rank it a NEW WEB page www.World-Estate.com New real estate web page for all the world tell me wath u think : www.World-Estate.com If You can write me email , then we will make this page beter. Thanks www.World-Estate.com ...

Error message when shutting down 2003
When i shut down Money 2003, i get the following error message: "This operation can't be performed". However, this happens if i try to backup or NOT upon exit. It also happens as soon as i print a Money report---the report will print, but Money automatically shuts down. Now, I'm also finding that i can't sync w/my iPaq 5555. I'm getting an error message on my iPaq that says it can't find my "MyMoney.mny" file; BUT the file IS where it reports it IS!! I've already uninstalled & REinstalled, and it automatically p/u my backup file. ...

Outlook error message Can't get messages
When I loaded my Office XP I ran out of space on my C drive I had to abort the load and make space. on my second attempt it worked but Outlook will not send or receive messages I get the following error. "The operation failed. An object could not be found" Is their a error log that I can look at or a way I can fix this? Thanks ...

Error message when using Excel on Terminal Server
Hi, We have been using Excel 2003 on a Windows 2003 Terminal server for about a year with no problems until yesterday. Now when we open Excel we get a message that says "C:\documents and sattings\administrator.rco1\application data\microsoft\addins\c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid office addin". We click ok and excel opens fine. I think it is because we deleted some mapping software that must have tied into excel. It has not been a problem but we want it to go away because it is preventing us from exporting things from oth...

Debuuging error messages
When I first click on the Outlook icon I get a debugging error, when I click ok the program shuts down and I have to click the icon again and this time it works fine. This happens everytime I use the program. I am not a programmer any way to fix this. Thank You Corky What does the error say? Also, the reason you get the debugger is because you have something installed that can debug it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStar...

error in importing data
Hi, i just finished to update my crm 3.0 and now i would like to import my datas. I have a .csv file and the importation procedure recognice all the record, but crm gives me always the error 8x8004032d for all records. Can someone help me please? My profile can do everything so I am sure to have the autorities to import. Thanks Alessandra I'm assuming you're trying to import the accounts? I believe that you can't import them. If you have Scribe, I'll send you the .dts file to import them as Accounts & Contacts - it would save you alot of time. "Alessandra"...

Exchange 2007 OWA Errors
I've got a new server running Windows 2003 R2 x64 SP1. With an install of Exchange 2007. All was going well migrating mailboxes, from a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 server, which is retiring. Then an installation of SQL (I know they shouldn't be on the same box) pretty much hosed the 64-bit portions of IIS. I think I have all the IIS functions back to normal. The only errors I am receiving now are these two. Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchange ADAccess Event Category: General Event ID: 2152 Date: 2/26/2007 Time: 2:32:01 PM User: N/A Computer: SVRLR01 Description: Process w...