Scripting workings in IE but not in Outlook

I added some script to change the default duration value to 0 when opening a
new task.  This works great in the IE client, but not in Outlook.  We are
using Outlook 2007.  Any ideas or did I miss the chapter where it says you
can't script in Outlook?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Amanda,

Are you getting a script error or is the code not executed? If it's not
executed, can you confirm that you have synchronized the latest changes? Are
you in online or offline mode when trying?

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

"Amanda Wight" <AmandaWight@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:5BE57E52-1998-4945-AFB0-EB17FEA79B5C@microsoft.com...
>I added some script to change the default duration value to 0 when opening
> new task.  This works great in the IE client, but not in Outlook.  We are
> using Outlook 2007.  Any ideas or did I miss the chapter where it says you
> can't script in Outlook?

0
Michael
7/5/2007 10:28:38 PM
Hi Michael,

I'm not getting an error it just isn't executing.
If I open CRM in IE and open a new Task, the Duration field shows 0 as it
should from the OnLoad script.  If I open CRM in Outlook (online) the
Duration field shows 30.  Is it possible that Outlook is blocking the script?
-Amanda

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> Hi Amanda,
>
> Are you getting a script error or is the code not executed? If it's not
> executed, can you confirm that you have synchronized the latest changes? Are
> you in online or offline mode when trying?
>
> --
> Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
> The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

> "Amanda Wight" <AmandaWight@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:5BE57E52-1998-4945-AFB0-EB17FEA79B5C@microsoft.com...
> >I added some script to change the default duration value to 0 when opening
> > new task.  This works great in the IE client, but not in Outlook.  We are
> > using Outlook 2007.  Any ideas or did I miss the chapter where it says you
> > can't script in Outlook?

Ok.  I give up.  It works fine today.  The Outlook client appears to have a
massive delay in getting changes.  Sorry to be a pain.

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> Hi Amanda,
>
> Are you getting a script error or is the code not executed? If it's not
> executed, can you confirm that you have synchronized the latest changes? Are
> you in online or offline mode when trying?
>
> --
> Michael Höhne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP
>
> Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
> Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
> Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup
> The JavaScript Snippets Directory:
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13

> "Amanda Wight" <AmandaWight@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:5BE57E52-1998-4945-AFB0-EB17FEA79B5C@microsoft.com...
> >I added some script to change the default duration value to 0 when opening
> > new task.  This works great in the IE client, but not in Outlook.  We are
> > using Outlook 2007.  Any ideas or did I miss the chapter where it says you
> > can't script in Outlook?

Outlook 2000 error in pst folder
I received an error on my Outlook 2000 when the Inbox or senf folder is attempting to open.The error is in the Windows .pst folder. I am told by Outlook to use the Detect and repair with the program CD. I have tried that, however the problem still exists. I have set up another user account in XP Home and that is a fix, but not very practical. Any Ideas? It says to run the Inbox repair tool. That is scanpst.exe. By default located in; C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\<locale ID> -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox...

Daylight Savings and my Outlook 2003 calendar
Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they last for 2 days instead of 1. Thank you in advance, Tony In Outlook, go to Tools/options/Preference/Calendar Options/Time Zone. Make sure that the correct time zone is set up and that day light savings time is checked. >-----Original Message----- >Anybody know why daylight savings jacked up my Outlook 2003 calender? All >of my "All Day Event" items were adjusted back an hour so it looks like they >la...

Outlook 2002 Tasks
Received the following message when trying to add new tasks: Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. Email: Microsoft Exchange Server. O/S: Windows XP Professional The IT department suggested I run scanpst but this is where I am confused. I work remotely (connect to network via a vpn) and use ost files. I did the scanpst on the ost files but that does not correct the problem. I reviewed other options but do not want to go any further without trying to get other opinions. Thanks Howard ...

Opening outlook opens work
I have Office 2003 and upon opening outlook, the framework and border for word opens over it. The word window has no tool bars or other functionallity as when word itself is opened. I can close this window and outlook is there and functional, but this is frustrating. I can't figure out what is starting it up. Any ideas? Thanks, Ken First, try creating a new mai profile under Control Panel, Mail Icon. If that does not work, then try running Detect and Repair from the Help Menu of any Office program. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

Colour Scheme in Outlook 2002
Hi there, is there a way to change the colour scheme so that the dates in my Calendar show up properly. At the moment the current date is whited-out. -- Regards, Deon H You can try changing your Windows colors and see if that helps. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Deon" wrote: > Hi there, > > is there a way to change the colour scheme so that the dates in my Calendar > show up properly. At the moment the current date is wh...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...

OMA No longer working
We weren't even aware that any of our users were using OMA but it seems that it has been down for the past few months. We're gettiing the follow error messages after providing user credentials. It's running on the same server as our OWA box and is located in our DMZ running on a Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Server. Any ideas on why it's now coming up with the following? Thanks for any info, Dan Server Error in '/OMA' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error Description: An application error oc...

How to conect outlook through my DSL
I have a new computer. Outlook is installed, but not connect send and receive e-mail. I followed instructions, but not connection We have no idea who your ISP is or their directions for setting up their email. Contact your ISP for better directions or use their help files. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, connie asked: | I have a new computer. Outlook is installed, but not connect send and | receive e-mail. I foll...

Outlook 2000 compact pst problem
Dear all, My Outlook 2000 is running Internet Mail Mode, my pst file is now 1.2GB. I removed some mails and compact the file. The 'compact now' dialog box show 1 second and finished, but the file size did not reduce. Anyone can help me? On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:40:29 +0800, "Ho" <Ho@feungning.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >My Outlook 2000 is running Internet Mail Mode, my pst file is now 1.2GB. I >removed some mails and compact the file. The 'compact now' dialog box show 1 >second and finished, but the file size did not reduce. > >Anyone can ...

Outlook Incoming Messages no longer display
Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix this ? "erni" wrote: > Pictures in incoming Outlook 2007 Messages no longer display. How can I fix > this ? I am having the same problem. It seems to happen with HTML email messages. The messages are there you just can't read the font. It is barely legible and faded yellow. ...

Outlook 2004 issues with image attachments under SL
If you wish to report this bug please do so here. http://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html There is a conflict between Entourage 2004 and Preview under SL. When I get a message with a image and click on the image to open it, preview opens up a blank document. However when I drag and drop the image to the desktop it opens fine. I DID NOT experience this problem under Tiger (most recently moved from Tiger to Snow Leopard). Please fix this problem, thanks! John -- Are there errors in the Bible? Do Animals go to Heaven? Is drinking Alcohol a sin? Is the KJV the only translati...

Using Sound Recorder in Word VBA SOMETIMES does not work
I am recording short (< 60 secs) snipets of sound using Sound Recorder under control of Word VBA using the following Public Sub recordSound() Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False End Sub All is OK most of the time but on some machines I get a message that says "Unable to load package" (or something like that ... I have never seeh it but 2 people have reported this). Does anyone know what might be causing this? I think both occurances were under Word 2007 on Vista. ...

Migrating Autotext from 2003-2007 in Outlook
Hi, I'm trying to get the 400 or so Autotext entries my boss uses from the Normal11.dot into NormalEmail.dotm (At least I think that's what I'm trying to do!) - The problem is that although the auto-text works OK in Word 2007 - it does not work in the cut-down version of word that Outlook 2007 now uses. The only way I've found to do this is going through and INDIVIDUALLY clicking each entry in Building Block Organizer and changing the Save- In location to NormalEmail.dotm - this would take hours and hours and hours since there are about 400 autotext entries. Any deirections ...

Outlook Attachment security
My system is secure enough, thank you very much. How do you bypass the OL2003 attachment security completely. TIA, Brian Hoover You can't. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to unblock attachments. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook ...

Sync'ing Tasks on Outlook 2003
My daughter has Outlook 2003 set up on one PC. She has it on a laptop as well. However, she wants to have it so she has all emails, contacts, calendar and tasks on both PCs. As it's a home network and neither techincal experience nor the money are available to run a corporate MS network. we need to work out the best way to do this. I've made a start long these lines on my own home network. I use Google Calendar Outlook Sync to sync both ways between PC1 and Google Calendar. PC 2 uses it too. But it's a one way sync from Google to PC. As for emails, we could configure Outlook to...

uninstall all components in Outlook, then reinstall Outlook.
I can't open any new e-mail in Outlook and I cannot delete any e-mail that is already opened. I have a small window that says could not complete operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. I would like to remove Outlook and all components, and reinstall Outlook. I did remove Outlook, and then reinstalled it, but apparently all components were not removed. What version of Outlook? Have you tried a new mail profile? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail ...

Problem with Outlook
When i open my Great Plains 10, i received a message error of Microsoft, when i clisk on the option send report, automatic close Great plains. Who know the reazon ???????????? Actually it depends, allot of errors could cause this hang, most of those errors caused by the server connectivity, make sure that the link between the machine and the server is stable, and then disable the outlook link in the home page, if the error didn't resolve you may need to do more investigations using profile or DEXLOG. Let me know if you need any more help in this matter. Regards, -- Mohammad R. ...

Signing outlook email
Through empirical tests we find that Outlook is unable to use an email signing certificate to sign email. What it takes is a cert that includes email encryption or an additional cert for email encryption. This seems to be a failure of Outlook and I would like either to confirm this or learn that others are not having this issue. It's certainly possible that we have some configuration problem. The error we receive from Outlook is that the cert is invalid. With a cert that is for both signing and encryption, I can send email with Outlook with only signing or with only encryption o...

Excel 2003 Upgrade
If I only have Microsoft Works Suite 2004, and I purchase the Excel 2003 upgrade, will I get the full functionality of Excel, or just an upgraded Works spreadsheet program? I went to the Microsoft site, and it states that Works Suite 2004 qualifies for Excel 2003 upgrade eligibility, but I am not really sure what that means. Thanks. Steve ...

Smart List export not working
When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel, I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently loaded'. I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not read only. exp1493.dic is also there. This is GP 80 On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 18:52:42 -0700, "AA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I export out the smartlist results by clicking excel, >I get the error 'EXP 1493. The Product is not currently >loaded'. > >I checked my client, exp1493.exe is there and it is not >read only. exp1493.dic is also th...

Migrate outlook profiles
hello, We are upgrading from office 2000 to office 2003. to avoid user problems, I would like to migrate their settings like, adjusted toolbars, outlook settings. I have used the proflwiz.exe /A ... and I was able to restore the profile, BUT I don't have additional mailboxes, pst's, OAB, ... Can anyone help me out with migrating or extracting the outlook profile??? Thanks Dimi "Dimi" <Dimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C2E0DB5-6880-4B9E-B7C4-E12915758FB5@microsoft.com... > hello, > > We are upgrading from office 2000 to office 2003...

FindRecord2K works perfectly, how to display results in my form??
I downloaded the findrecord2k search form. I would like to add a command button that takes those results that are generated from the query and displays them in my form. There are several command buttons available, would it be easier to modify an event to include displaying the search results in my form instead of the unbound control? ...

"Customize Outlook Today" stopped working
After downloading a recent security patch from the MS website, the "Customize Outlook Today" button on my Outlook Today main screen no longer works - I click it and nothing happens. I've tried a repair of the install - no good. I'd rather not have to remove and reinstall the entire Office suite. Any ideas? Thanks. This has happened to me also. Would appreciate any help. >-----Original Message----- >After downloading a recent security patch from the MS >website, the "Customize Outlook Today" button on my >Outlook Today main screen no longer wo...

Sending via secure SMTP suddenly stops working
Greetings, I'm experiencing a strange problem with outgoing email via secure SMTP. After working perfectly, suddenly I can't send mail any longer. Outlook says that the SMTP server does not support SSL (don't have the exact error message). Usually, changing to another SMTP port number (I have two alternate ports I can use) and rebooting fixes the problem. This problem only appears with Outlook and Outlook Express - not with any of the Mozilla mail clients, Mulberry, or Eudora. Any ideas? /POL Outlook Express and Outlook only support secure smtp on the deprecated port 46...

Checking work email from home
Is there a website that you can log onto to check your work email from home? And if so what is the web address? Depends on what your work email is. Ask your admins there, first. If you have exchange server in the office & don't use PST files, you may be able to use Outlook Web Access if they've installed it/allowed access to it. If you use POP mail, you might be able to use www.mail2web.com - just to see non-downloaded mail in your inbox. stacey90210 wrote: > Is there a website that you can log onto to check your > work email from home? And if so what is the web address?...