Script for changing users date format

Hi,

Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go?

Thanks,
Sophie
0
Sophie (25)
12/17/2008 12:27:00 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Sophie,

Have you look into using workflow to update the data format field fo
the users?

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
Crowe Horwath
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Dec 16, 6:27=A0pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go?
>
> Thanks,
> Sophie

0
darrenliu (251)
12/17/2008 5:32:25 AM
Hi Darren,

Thanks for getting back to me. I can't find anywhere in the workflow an
option to change the date format?

Thanks,
Sophie

"Darren Liu" wrote:

> Hi Sophie,
>
> Have you look into using workflow to update the data format field fo
> the users?
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> Crowe Horwath
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>
> On Dec 16, 6:27 pm, Sophie <Sop...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is there an easy way to change a bunch of users date format in one go?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Sophie

0
Sophie (25)

User Defined Field in Sales Work File (RM10301)
I am looking for a user defined field in RM10301 for both Sales Documents and Credit Memos. We are already using Purchase Order and Transaction description columns for other information. I wish Microsoft provided user defined fields for flexibilty. I found the field called Document Number Check (DCNUMCHK). This column can also be searched via SmartList. But this column is allowed only for Sales Documents. Does any one has any other suggestions? Thanks, Vishnu Vishnu, You're pretty much at the limit of the available text fields with PO Number and Description... If you were u...

Date Format
I'd like to create my own Date / Time format. The Excel Equivalent is MMM-YYYY (Mar-2010). How can I change/create a new date format that will be displayed MMM-YYYY? I want to be able to query this table and run criteria based on the date. Thanks. (B^>)-]=[ You can create a custom display format for date that looks like "MMM-YYYY" .... but if your underlying data is a date/time field, you will still be storing a date/time value. Mar-2010 is not a date. If you are trying to create a query that requires selection criteria in that format, why? Is...

Phone Number Formats #3
Hello Everyone, I have read a lot of threads about the phone number format but did not find anything that would solve my problem. Like a lot of you, we have customers/vendors from around the world and I would like to customise the Customer/Vendor phone numbers to display in the correct country format. UK : 1234-5678 France : 12-34-56-78-90 CAN/US : (123) 456-7890 I need to modify the format according to the country of origin. I would like this modification to be in Modifier/VBA if possible. Any tips or tricks to achieve this is welcome -- Sebastien Picard ML3 Business Solutions Soun...

Problem sorting date columns.....Cross Posted by mistake
I have had a problem with sorting by dates and sometimes with numbers after pasting files from MS Access 2003 into Excel 2003. I use Access to query out files that I need to analyze, then I analyze them in Excel. I have had instances when some of the files will not sort ascending or descending even after I have formatted the dates in the entire column and have reformatted all of the other columns; it is like they don't format with the others. I usually have about 12 to 15 columns, some text some numbers and some dates. Can anyone explain how this happens? Am I doing something wrong? Th...

mail merge with html format
I am trying to send a mail merge email in HTML, but when I merge the email it is sent in plain text. I have checked the Tools>Options>Mail Format a thousand times and the HTML is picked, and the use word for email formatting is not selected. Any suggestions? Thanks No suggestions possible without knowing your Outlook version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:256c01c3a4a8$be9c9660$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to send a mail merge email in HTML, but when I > merge the email it is sent in plain text. > ...

Outlook 2003 SP3, Changing .Vcard attached to e-mail
Running Outlook 2003, SP3. Created a signature that included a .vcard for all outgoing messages. Updated the contact used, but I've been unable to update the .vcf file used in the signature. Tried deleting the .vcf file from "signatures", tried creating a new signature. Still getting the original .vcf file. ...

Help with SUMPRODUCT & converting date to value
I have the following Excel calculation, shown below. It is searching cells A6:A1000 on various sheets for data which fall between a certain date/period range, and is then adding the values in cells L6:L1000 together to display on the summary. The problem I have is that the data in ranges L6:L1000 are supposed to be Dates, but the only way i can return a value without an error is to use a number (e.g. of 1) instead. How can I use Dates within cells L6:L1000, and still return the same totals? Many thanks in advance for any tips you can offer! =SUMPRODUCT((Office!L6:L1000)*(O...

Hide column after importation data with script
Hi, I have a strange issue. I created a script in Excel 2003 to import data from a database. The final sheet have 5 columns (3 alphabetics and 2 numerics). I tested it on 4 same laptop with Window XP and Excel 2003. On 2 laptop, all the columns displayed and the report was ok. On the other, only alphabetics columns were display. Somebody have a idea to fix this issue? thanks, D. If you don't get any helpful responses, you may want to share the macro and a bit of the data that was imported. fox wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a strange issue. > I created a script in Excel ...

OWA Change Password Problems
Running Exchange 2003. Front End server is running Windows 2000, Back End is running Windows 2003. Have SSL setup on the Front End server, not on Back End. OK, I think that's the background. When anyone goes to OWA on the Front End Server and goes to change their password on the Options page, they get to the first form that has the domain, username, old/new password, but when they click OK, it goes to a page cannot be found. This is the page it's looking for: https://server/iisadmpwd/achg.htr?https://server/exchange/itjobs/?Cmd=close achg.htr exists in the iisadmpwd virtual dir, a...

Changing payee details
I'm using Money 2003 and when I download statement information from my bank, I often change the payee details to something more helpful. Having done this, Money 'remembers' the change so that when subsequent items are downloaded, the payee details are automatically changed again. This is a great feature that saves loads of time. Or at least it would be if it worked more reliably. Money seems to have a will of it's own in this area and some transactions have to be changed every time, despite being 100% consistent in my approach and with no change to the downloaded details. O...

format cells as zip code not working
I have selected a column, choose Format, Cells, Special, Zip Code, but some of the cells continue to show up in error checking as "text". The spreadsheet is thousands of rows long, and I do not want to have to go through every single error to change text to number or zip. Why is the formatting not changing all cells? (I am copying & pasting the rows that have name/address/zip from another Excel spreadsheet I have - but I have changed the formatting on the zip code column to zip code in that spreadsheet as well to no avail). Formats don't change the underlyi...

Conditional formatting
I have been asked if it is possible to identify cells that have conditional formatting? is this possible? Thanks Steve Hi, Tap F5 Special select 'Conditional formats' OK -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "k11ngy" wrote: > I have been asked if it is possible to identify cells that have conditional > formatting? is this possible? > > Thanks > > Steve ...

Unable to Assign User Password
We upgraded to v8.0 this weekend from 7.5, and now the SA account can not assign a password when creating new users. The password and confirm password headings are "grayed" out-- Thanks in advance for your help- SM The ability to set a password in v8.0 is no longer controlled just by the User ID. It now depends on the permissions that the user has. Please go into SQL and check that the sa user has permission to change passwords. Please note that you are not allowed to change the sa password from Great Plains. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalatio...

Change color on bars over a set percentage?
I have created a bar graph. I want to have anything over 60% a diffeent color on each bar to point out areas that need attention. How do I do this? Jon Peltier has instructions for conditional charts: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/format.html#CondChart Kay wrote: > I have created a bar graph. I want to have anything over > 60% a diffeent color on each bar to point out areas that > need attention. How do I do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html Thanks, I will try that and let you know if it works ...

changing all cells
I have a bunch of spread sheet with project numbers. On some of the spreadsheets, the project number was written with a ' in front. How can I change a whole column of numbers with an apostrophy (sp?) in front to just the number without having to delete the apostophy in ever cell? jeremy -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com One way: Copy an empty cell. Select your project numbers. Choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Add and Values radio buttons. Note that if your project numbers have leading zeros, this will eliminate them unless the number format includes them. I...

PO Invoice
Due to a design change in GP 10 SP 2 and later, we can no longer change the PURCH G/L account in the PO Invoice distributions window. I found KB article 952388 which describes the resolution. However, this resolution does not work for Drop-Ship PO's, which do not have a Receivings step. As far as I can tell, our only option here is to change the item's G/L account in the Purchase Order before the invoice is entered. I think we need the ability to change an item's account in the invoice transaction. Has anyone run into this? By default, the system debits a clearing ...

Automate Formula script
I am looking for a way to use script to say if there is data in A place =B1+C1 in D of the same row. Sub formularizer() For Each r In Intersect(ActiveSheet.UsedRange, Range("A:A")) If IsEmpty(r) Then Else n = r.Row r.Offset(0, 3).Formula = "=B" & n & "+C" & n End If Next End Sub -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 Would this go in the sheet code? These are the actual formulas I am using =A55-WEEKDAY(A55,2)+1 =A55-DAY(A55)+1 Thank you "Gary''s Student" wrote: > Sub formularizer() >...

Change default text format from OEM to ANSI?
I created a CSV query for importing files from a specific directory. The problem is that the new files are ANSI, and the default format for CSV queries is OEM; while I can go in and change this, the idea was to simplify importing these files. Is there a way to define the default text format as ANSI so that new files (as well as existing files) will import correctly? TIA, Mike ...

Zero in the cell instead of some junk date
Plz let me know how can I get zero in a cell whose format is set to a date format C3 K3 I3 System testing 10-Feb-06 11-Feb-06 e.g IF(OR(C3="Test Planning",C3="Project Planning"),IF(K3<>"",K3,I3),0) But here I get 00-Jan-00 if it dose not match... How can i get a zero displayed -- sunita_shaw ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sunita_shaw's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=32227 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=520317 sunita_shaw wrote:...

Selecting data between to specific dates in a form
Sorry if this is an easy one but I am new to this area. I have created a query from our SQL database that list all hours booked by eack employee and the date booked, from when we 1st started collectin thi information. I am wanting to create a form that anyone can go into and select a date range so that the can calculate the hours between these dates. Th other problem that I have got is that the date are in number format and not in date. How dan I format this correctly? Regards The first thing to do will be to convert your number field into a real date/time field. To do that: 1. Ope...

Excel 2007: @*. formatting
Is there any way to make this format work with Wrap Text turned on? Whenever the text is wide enough to need to be wrapped, I always get #######################. Try changing the format of the cell from Text to General. Eric "pmetnc" wrote: > Is there any way to make this format work with Wrap Text turned on? Whenever > the text is wide enough to need to be wrapped, I always get > #######################. I think you're out of luck. I couldn't do it (well, in xl2003). If that string is between 255 and 1024 characters, then I get the ### s...

Saving excel document as a .csv and not lose formats?
Please help! I have Excel 2003, using Windows XP. I am trying to save an Excel document as a .csv file. When I open the saved .csv file all of my custom formats are lost. Can anyone tell me why? or How I can save them? Thanks!! A Comma Separated Value (CSV) file is a text-only file. CSVs are commonly used to transfer data (not formatting) between disparate applications. Many applications are capable of generating/importing CSV files. Consequently, all formatting is removed from the data upon generation of the CSV file. Apart from trying to get your Excel data into another applicatio...

Automatically change row height?
Hello. The user types text stuff in A1. If there is no text, the row height for A2 is zero/minimal. If there is text, A2's row height autofits to that text. Some users enter more text than others, so A2's height has to grow or shrink depending on what is in A1. The formula in A2 is IF (A1="","",A1&", "&F16) Is this possible without VBA? If not, does anyone have any good code for this? Thanks! VR/Lost Private Sub worksheet_change(ByVal target As Range) Set target =3D Rows("2:2") If Range("A1").Value <> "" Th...

Can I recover an original document after saving new changes?
I've altered a document and saved its changes but I want to go back to its original form? Can I do this? If so, how? Happiness is a recent backup. Otherwise-No. "shazcot" <shazcot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11C6EEA8-EBE2-420B-AE56-0A3055F2CF58@microsoft.com... > I've altered a document and saved its changes but I want to go back to its > original form? Can I do this? If so, how? ...

Getting Yahoo Stock Quotes by a USer Defined Function
Hi, Is there a user defined function in excel which can get the share quotes over the internet from Yahoo Finance website? Thanks Mukesh I am doing this for indian stocks. I created a portfolio of stocks in which i am interested. and then used new web query to get the current quotes in to my excel using get externaldata-new webquery etc once confitured daily or as many times you like you can refresh. -- remove $$$ from email addresss to send email =========== "MS Office" <mantrimukesh@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eBDGOPBtFHA.3236@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > > ...