Script error when tyring to create new crm contact with outlook

I have just installed CRM and web interface works ok, now I started
installing outlook client and it wen't ok, only needed to install xml core
separately.

Everything looked great until I started testing from Outlook client, I made
new crm appointment and then I tried to add new contact, I click from button
labeled regarding, then from window that opened I have tried to choose
account and also contact, error is same, anyway after choosing contact or
account I click New... soon new window opens labeled quick create
account/contact, then Internet Explorer script error box opens reading: Line
33 Char 4, frmResult._id.lenght is null or not an object. Also in quick
create window shows error "An error has occured. For more information,
contact your system administrator." I am administrator of this system so not
very helpful ;)

Perhaps someone have had similar problem and knows what is wrong?

System specs:
Server is SBS2003 CRM 1.2 with update 1 that solves XPSP2 issues,
workstation WinXP SP2 with Office 2003 SBE CRM client 1.2 with update 1 that
solves XPSP2 issues.

0
jfteam (1)
6/14/2005 10:32:02 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I just found that Windows XP client that has SP1 gives bit more information
from problem.

FileNotFoundExeption: File C:\Program Files\Microsoft
CRM\Client\res\web\_xslfiles\1_QuickCreate.xsl not found

There is lot more text, but that is main information that I get from error
message.  In folder C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Client\res\web\_xslfiles\
there is only one file dmupdate.xml.

I have searched hundreds of pages for any information and have not yet found
anything that helps, I have done lot of fixes that have not done anything. I
have also gone trough installation step by step and everything looks to be as
in book. Maybe it is just a small thing that makes all this trouble, but I
have not yet been able to found it.

Also I made one typo to domain name when creating user to crm, but I use
different user now, only problem is that I can't change or create mispelled
one. I found one way to remove user, but that would require some programming,
there should be way to at least retype domain/username, imo.

"jfteam" kirjoitti:

> I have just installed CRM and web interface works ok, now I started
> installing outlook client and it wen't ok, only needed to install xml core
> separately.
>
> Everything looked great until I started testing from Outlook client, I made
> new crm appointment and then I tried to add new contact, I click from button
> labeled regarding, then from window that opened I have tried to choose
> account and also contact, error is same, anyway after choosing contact or
> account I click New... soon new window opens labeled quick create
> account/contact, then Internet Explorer script error box opens reading: Line
> 33 Char 4, frmResult._id.lenght is null or not an object. Also in quick
> create window shows error "An error has occured. For more information,
> contact your system administrator." I am administrator of this system so not
> very helpful ;)
>
> Perhaps someone have had similar problem and knows what is wrong?
>
> System specs:
> Server is SBS2003 CRM 1.2 with update 1 that solves XPSP2 issues,
> workstation WinXP SP2 with Office 2003 SBE CRM client 1.2 with update 1 that
> solves XPSP2 issues.

NDRs forwarding to external contact

New to excel

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

New Implementation

New Record