Scheduling Service Activities

When scheduling service or other activities, you have to revert to your
outlook calendar to view availabilities if you don't want to schedule a call
when there's a NON CRM appt. scheduled at the same time.

However, when scheduling through Outlook,  you are unable to differentiate
between the types of activities (i.e.: service activities, email, fax, etc.)

Is there a way around this??

0
Gavin
1/5/2006 7:50:56 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I can edit others activities
Dear All I have a big problem with MSCRM Activity Forms. Although I have restricted the accessability of Activit Forms for create, read, write and all the others to "USER" for a special Securit Role say salesman; the users with this security roles can see others activities (even their managers tasks) and they can even complete their tasks on their behalf. This problem has caused too many problems for us and it will be really appriciated if anybody can help me with this problem. ...

SMTP service stalled
Hi, We're running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2003 R2 which doubles as a secondary domain controller. We are periodically running into an issue where e-mail is not able to come in or go out and attempting to restart the SMTP service results in an error that the service did not respond in a timely manner. Rebooting the server fixes the problem temporarily until it occurs again, usually several days later. I'm assuming it's a memory issue, but the performance monitor shows that there is a minimal amount of memory in use (4 GB total, 3 GB free). Once service is restored it ca...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

Operating a small passenger service
I am hoping someone has managed to customise outlook in a way that allows you to use the programe to manage bookings on a small passenger service. I.e input a new booking, number of people, location etc. Then email the days bookings to the different drivers. Maybe it could also be set up to know how many seats are avialale to reduce the risk of double booking? Im using Outlook 2003. ...

I need to exclude duplicate patient names for dates of service is.
"Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E5EA619-0BC7-4CE7-9D96-32EE847A6CD6@microsoft.com... Please explain what your problem is in the body of the message, not in the header. /Fredrik You want to exclude duplicate patient names for dates of service is ... WHAT? Is what? Also, what are you trying to do? Not enough information. Edwin Tam edwintam@vonixx.com http://www.vonixx.com "Shannon" wrote: > ...

Activating a Link
I have an xl2003 workbook, and i want to create a Help worksheet that users can access for instructions. I created a link to the sheet, and it works fine when i click it. i was wondering if there was a way to activate this link with a keystroke(s) instead of a mouse click. Also, since i want the Help sheet to look professional, and it will probably require sub-links, are there any good examples online of doing this. As always, Thanks, Tonso ...

get the name of an active list #2
Hi, How can I implement this psedue code:assume: a cell is activated(can be any where in the sheet) if (active.cell is in a list) then alist=get the name of the list ....end if Thanks! ...

schedule mail
Hi, I have installed an exchange 2000 server for a friend of mine who has an ISDN Router. Mail is sent and recieved very wel, but only when he sent a message. Where can I define that the server has to get its mail every 2 hours?? I used Exchange 2000 SP3 and he has ant SMTP account with his ISP. and when connection is made by the ISDN router then the incoming mail is received. But sometimes it takes to long because the don't send much mail they recieve more. I can make an batch file with a ping command, but isnt there a better/nicer way?? Where can I define to keep message togetter s...

Need online services to the end of the year
I have been a loyal Money customer for years. This morning my Money Plus subscription expired. There seems to be no way to extend it and without it I can't do updates from my bank and credit cards--which I do daily. I understand that everything is shutting down by Jan 11, but it is terrible not to be able to extend basic online services temporarily at least through the end of this year to get me through tax season, etc. and then switch to Quicken at the beginning of 2010. This really sucks! Please, please Microsoft give us at least a stay of exectution through the end of the ye...

Schedule Individual Outgoing Messages

how do i rotate a 3 shift 200man schedule
like 80 people on two shifts and 40 on the third. i want to move small shift to day and slide half of day into swing and half of swing into graveyard. any suggestions? thanks in advance. First rotation: pick the first 40 people (by alphabetic order) from the larger groups to rotate to the next shift. Each subsequent rotation: move the group of 40 that did not move the last time. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <6F26D7D8-3A2F-4663-BE17-F0EF1AD26A3D@microsoft...

Email scheduler.
I know there is a meeting scheduler in Outlook, but is there a Email scheduler. Rather than in the send options deferring to a later date, is there anyway to have it so that an email is send say the 23rd of every month. Like a generic notice email. ...

Active Sync #2
We have an employee using active sync to connect to our exchange 2003 service pack 2 server who is now receiving error code sync_5 on his pocket pc device. When I check the application log in event viewer I see this error- Event Type: Error Event Source: Server ActiveSync Event Category: None Event ID: 3005 Unexpected Exchange mailbox Server error: Server: x User: x HTTP status code: [409]. Verify that the Exchange mailbox Server is working correctly. I searched microsoft and found that this is a problem with calendars fixed in exchange 2003 service pack 1, we have service pack 2 so I&#...

Today's date on an Active X Calendar
Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! Thanks for any help. CEL504 wrote: > Could anyone tell me how to set the properties so that the ActiveX calendar I > have in the database, displays the current date when the program is openend. > > I thought this would have been easy, but obviously not! > > Thanks for any help. http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/1564d683ede98f8c Jame...

Internet Mail Services authentication
Can anyone tell me where do I set the authentication required by my ISP in order to be able to forward my internal mail to the outbound services. I have ticked clients require authentication, and I have also enable security on IMS yet my ISP still thinks my server is trying to send them messages without authentication hence why am getting ndr this is the error message am getting The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are listed with each recipient: <.> System Administrator MSEXCH:IMS:DSPRINT:DSPRINT01:DSPRINT01 0 (000D06BF) No proxy for Recipient The me...

Reporting Services not installed
Hi all, I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, display it and then hit print I get an popup box saying.... "Do you want to install this software? Name: Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services" Can anyone help please Thanks Jools There's an ActiveX control each client machine needs in order to print SQL Reports from CRM. It's a one-time 5-second install. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Jools" wrote: > Hi all, > > I have installed crm and reporting services but when I go into a report, ...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

Scheduling tool / calendar
Hi, Our office is looking for a scheduling tool programmed in MS Access for medical providers. (So a provider can input an appointment, have a reminder pop-up, see a daily/weekly schedule, etc.). This is for research purposes and we need to link other fields to it, so we aren't interested in using something like MS Outlook. Our research database is being built in MS Access. Any ideas where I could locate something like that? Or would we have to start from scratch? Thanks! Mandi K ...

Service Packs & Updates
I have used the trial software from Microsofts site of SBS 2008 which is SP1 I have done all updates but it hasnt gone to SP2 should I do this manually?? Also as its a trial I was just going to purchase Lic and add key is this OK or should I pruchase Media and resetup again? Any Advice would be appreciated Thanks - Mark I've had problems installing SP2 in the past too. You've really got to do all the Updates and restart and then check again ......and again.. It'll only offer SP2 when *all* the other Updates have been installed. Have you switched to get...

Creating aCRM activity from SFO
I want to send an email that will create an activity for a CRM user. I took an existing e-mail that I had previously sent and clicked on "Promote to CRM activity." I thought this would assign the email as an actrivity to this CRM user. But when I looked in CRM Workplace, the activity did not show up until I looked under "Completed Activities." Why was the e-mail marked as complete? Maybe I don't understand the concept. How do I generate an open activity (something that needs to be followed up on) for a specific user from within SFO? Maybe what I really should be ...

Schedule+ free/busy trouble after additional Exchange in another s
Hi, Let me tell you about the situation.Recently we added an additional site to our 2000 based Domain and installed an additional Exchange 2000 Server there.There s no problem with the mail exchange.Trouble is with the calendar info of the users.We noticed a while ago that the availibility info of users in the remote site when trying to schedule a meeting from the main site was absent.Today we had the same problem with our users in the main site.Some of the users availability info is missing and the number of problematic user accounts is rising.As the screenshot in http://img293.images...

EX 5.5 and Active Directory
Folks, Can any of you point me to a site/links that covers using Exchange 5.5 in a Native mode AD. I have to migrate my NT 4.0 domain over to an W2k AD Domain and we're running EX 5.5. I need to know how the security permissions will follow over to the AD Domain and allow my users to still access their mailboxes. I don't want to waste anyones time so links to other sites/info is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chubby Hi, If you are going to upgrade the Domain instead of moving over to a new domain, everything should be fine and not cause you any problems with the upgrade. J...

SOAP, Web services and XML
Hi all, I very much hope you can help - i am sure there is a very simple solution, but after days of scouring the net, i have come up blank. Basically i am trying to access a web service provided by my till operator to access product details. They have provided me with a document on the services provided by the website. The services are all accessed by SOAP. Unfortunately none of the services provide WSDL. The document shows the format of requests and returns. In VB.NET how would i access these services? All the websites i have found talk about how to access when there is WSDL, but non...

SQL Self Service Restore
I'm testing the SQL self restore functionality. If you use the self restore functionality you can choose the granularity down to the 15 minute level. If I have the logs at each 15 minute interval, is there a way to do a point in time restore between the 15 minute intervals. Example I have a log backup at 2:30 and another at 2:45, can I do a powershell script that will give me a consistent database up to 2:40? thanks Homer DPM don’t provide any powershell option for this. But DPM gives a way to achieve the target goal. You can use DPM SQL recovery option(usin...

Active X error
I have tried removing the signature, unchecking the Smart Tags, changing the editor to Plain Text as well as to Rich text all to no avail....here is the error one of my users gets when she tries to send and email from Outlook - she can receive just fine: "One or more ActiveX controls could not be displayed because either: "1) Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page, or "2) You have blocked a publisher of one of the controls. As a result, the page may not display correctly." ...