Scheduling campaigns

Newbie to MS CRM 3.0 and was trying to schedule campaigns to run on either a
daily, monthly or weekly basis.

Thanks in advance and apologize if I am posting to the wrong group.

0
Ebrahim
11/15/2006 12:35:51 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

HR Accrual schedule setup #2
I would like suggestions on setting up the Accrual schedule setup: at 3 months, employee gets 20 hours from 3 months to 60 months, they accrue 3.54 hours per payroll from 61 months to 120 months they accrua 1.54 more (in addition to the 3.54) Any suggestion on how to set this up in the accrual schedule setup? Also, is there a process or a step in Dynamics to accrue this vacation? or does it automatically do this when I am running payroll? Also, with the accrual schedule setup, does it use the start date from employee maintenance? Doug -- Doug ...

Entering negative amounts in a Campaign Activity
Does anyone know how to enter a negative amount in the "actual cost" field in a campaign activity? We often get sponsor money to go toward certain campaigns and would like to record the cost as a negative so the financial section will reflect the true cost. Every time I try to put in a negative number it says "value must be between 0.00 and 1,000,000,000.00" Can anyone help? -- Angel Angel, The "actual cost" field needs to be updated to allow negative values. By default, it will not allow any value less than $0. The field has a minimum value and maximum...

How to schedule Multiple-day service activities in CRM?
Service activities can have several durations. The duration can be in hours (with a max. of 8 hours) or in days. Only the problem when setting up a service with a duration of two days, CRM assumes you mean 48 hours in stead of the logical 16 hours (two working days). When scheduling a mechanic for 2 days in CRM will lead to a strange display in his calendar. So therefore it seems to be impossible to schedule a multiple-day service activity in one time, only by entering an activity for each day separately. Or is there somebody who knows a good solution/work around for this inconvenience?...

Quick campaign with attachements
Is it possible to add attachements for a quick campaign with email? Last time I checked it was not possible. I think a simple solution would be to put your attachments on a public facing website and then supply an email link in your email blast which the users can click on to download the attachment. Scott www.easiintl.com Beat Kammerlander wrote: > Is it possible to add attachements for a quick campaign with email? ...

campaign response
It would be good if the status reason field was available on the close campaign response dialogue window. when i close a campaign response and opt not to create any records (the last radio button option at the bottom) i would like to categorize the clousure (set the status reason) to for example - Not Interested - Unqualified - Unable to Contact - Long-Term Follow-up - Outdated currently i only have an option to select the status (closed or cancelled), but there seem to be no way to select the status reason. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

converting room scheduling data to grid...
Just wondering if there is a relative easy way to take data that looks like this: smith Jon english 2020 MWF 0700-0750 and convert it automatically into a grid that shows who is teaching at what time in a particular class, with the occupied hours colored in, with time on the vertical access and days of the week on the horizontal? This is a lame question, I know. [slinks away] Laurel, the only way this will work is if the fields with the data from which you're importing is fixed width, or you have a delimiter between the fields in each record (like Smith,John,English2020,MW...

Multiple users are able to open a project schedule in read/write
A client using Project Server 2003 is having a unique issue. One user has opened a project schedule however it does not appear as checked out so a second user has been able to open it in read/write mode as well. When the first user closed it, a message saying the schedule is not checked out by anyone was received. Has anyone ever come across this before? It seems that this schedule is having other strange issues and appears corrupted in some way. However, still interested in hearing from anyone who may have come across something like this before. ...

Queue retry schedule
Anyone know if Exchange 2003 Sp2 queues have a set retry setting and if this can be tweaked? For example, our outside gateway will try to connect to say 'hotmail.com' to send it mail. If it is unavailable, it will try again in 5 minutes, then 15 minutes later, 30 minutes, and finally an hour. I can change these intervals and even force a connection if I don't want to wait. If an exchange server can't connect to our gateway or to other internal mail servers, the messages are stuck in the queues. Are there similar settings for exchange? On Fri, 20 Jan 2006 08:31:06 -05...

How to schedule an e-mail to be sent at specify day
I am using Outlook 2002 and I will like to know how to schedule an e-mail to be sent automatically at a specific day. thanks ...

Distribute Campaign Error
Hi there, I have received an error 80048306 - Not enough privilege to access the Microsoft CRM object or perform the requested operation, when I try to distribute campaign activities (same thing with quick campaign). I have enough security permitions - security role (I tried as administrator, marketing person etc.). Anybody has a clue. Vladimir ...

Mortgage Account Automated Register Entry via Loan and/or Scheduled Bills
I am trying to achieve the following: A. Make monthly entry in Mortgage account register and apply principle and interest with each automated debit payment. Track with initial amortization schedule. B. Apply principle, interest, taxes, and insurance from the same schedule into their respective budget categories. C. Track PITI above as each payment is applied. I set up a loan and got automated entries into the Mortgage Register, but no debit entries from Checking and no reflection of the values or activities in Budget. I then set up a Scheduled Bill and split the categories for ...

How best to handle non-CRM user email address for campaigns, track
We running 4.0, and are interested in taking advantage of some of the new email campaign features. We'd like to send out these emails from an email address that is not necessarily the CRM user's primary email address, or goes to a different inbox. How can we do this? We are finding this need quite a bit. For instance, our customer support team would like to track emails to and from customersupport@mycompany.com instead of their own primary addresses, but can't figure out how to do that. we are running CRM 4.0 with the CRM email router service running on our exchange serv...

range of dates schedule
I am trying to make a spreadsheet to show me when and how much a too was checked out of my work. i am inputing the dates and i would like the spreadsheet to tell me ho many days in each month it worked. please help, i have been working on this for 2 days -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com With your "Start date" in A1 and your "Finish date" in B1, put the following formula in C1 and format the cell for Number with no decimal places =B1-A1 Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Coy Bruner >" <<Coy.Bruner.12gi7n@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote ...

Scheduling Meetings in different time Zones
We have offices on the West and East Coast (I'm in the Central Time Zone) and we schedule meetings often. I have the dual time zone on my calendar showing Central and Pacific times, but when I schedule a meeting adding the other regions, the time shows on their calendars as Central Time, not Pacific or Eastern. Is there a way to have the times appear on their calendars in the time zone they are in? Thank you! Kristie it should work automatically, providing each of the PCs is set up with the correct time and time zone, and daylight saving. does it def. not ? N "Kristie&quo...

Quick Campaign Pending
Hello, I have a problem with a quick campaign. After creating a quick campaign (only sending a letter to 8 accounts), my campaign is still pending. I also see now activities. Does anyone have an idea?? Please let me know. ...

Migrate Phone Call from Campaign.
I need to migrate the Campaign to a new CRM system, including all phone call. I created a campaign with campaign activities. I try to distribute the campaign activity so that the Menu "Phone Call Created" appears. Then I imported all phone calls, and set regard to the campaign activity. But in the "Phone Call Created" I see no PhoneCall which I have imported. I did set the Receipient and Sender. How can I make my imported Phone Calls appear in the "Phone Call Created" list? ...

Exchange 2003 scheduled out of office
Hello, Exchange 2K7 has a new feature: scheduled out of office. How can we have a similar functionality in Exchange 2K3? Our users only need to set a start and end date, like they used to do in Lotus Notes. (migration in progress) No difference is needed between internal and external mail. Are there any scripts, third-party tools,... available? I Googled, but all I found were references to Exchange 2K7 -- Amedee On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 02:51:13 -0700, Amedee Van Gasse <Amedee.VanGasse@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Exchange 2K7 has a new feature: scheduled out of office. > &...

NDR when scheduling an appointment, apparent the deleted account of a past delegate?
We are having a problem wherein a delegate for one of our users got deleted and now we are getting NDR's when the existing user gets a meeting request saying that the message couldn't be delivered to the deleted account (who used to be a delegate of theirs). Is there any way to search for this on the exchange side, rather than check each Outlook setup? I saw a similar post that was recommended to use MDBView, but it doesn't appear to be included in exchange 2003. Any suggestions on how to track down the residual references to this account so we can remove them?? Thanks! Hi, This...

Why would a Windows Scheduled Task stop working?
Hello: Several weeks ago, I developed a .cmd file that runs a GP macro (.mac file). It runs perfectly. Then, I created a task through Windows Server 2003 Task Scheduler that runs this .cmd. and therefore the macro, automatically. The task works perfectly, when I right-click on the task and choose "Run". And, for three weeks, Task Scheduler ran this .cmd file automatically. Then, a few days ago, it stopped running the .cmd file at its scheduled time. Again, if I right-click on it and choose "Run", it does run. But, why would the Windows Task Scheduler all of a s...

Quick Campaign arent create activities
I have created a Quick Campaign for a few number of Contacts, with a phone call activity for every contact. I have finished with the steps, and concluded the Quick Campaign, but the activities are not created. What am I doing wrong? I am using CRM 4.0 with roull up 3 Hi Katy, Have a look in System Jobs under settings There will be jobs created for the Quick Campaign to create the activities it's most likely the jobs have not completed. If they are failing you should be able to get a error message that may help further with troubleshooting this. Thanks Wayne "Katy" &...

Free/Busy schedule and Exchange server performance
Backend Setup: several Exchange 2000 & Exchange 2003 servers Clients: Outlook 2002 Background: Currently Free/busy schedule availabilty for all clients is set at default - i.e. for 2 months Question: If Free/busy schedule availabilty on all clients is increased to 12 months (through policy), what are the implications on Exchange servers performance, diskspace etc? Any thoughts, information, articles will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Free/Busy data is quite compact - you won't see any performance issues and the increase in free/busy folder size will be insignificant. --...

Loan amortization schedule
Is there a template for a Loan amortization Schedule where I can change the interest rate each time "prime" changes and there is only one payment on June 1st of each year for 6 years ...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Schedule a rule to run

running an OLIE in window scheduler
i'm trying to run an OLIE in window schedule with no success. I receive the following error: The attempt to retrieve account information for the specified task failed; therefore, the task did not run. Either an error occurred, or no account information existed for the task. The specific error is:0x8004130f: No account information could be found in the Task Scheduler security database for the task indicated. What am I missing? I can get the OLIE to run manually. Thank you On 5/4/2010 2:33 PM, Joanne wrote: > i'm trying to run an OLIE in window schedule with no succe...