SBS std. and SQL on another server ??

I have a customer who has a SBS 2003 std. server and an seperate SQL server.

Is it possible to install CRM on the SBS server and use the seperate SQL
server ?

Very important and urgent, please help as we are about to sell it today !

Jack

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

One word answer - NO
Small Bus Edition of CRM stipulates that SQL, Exch, AD MUST all be on the
same machine as CRM - the SBS.

New version of SBS out later this year will allow separate SQL and Exchange
servers on different boxes.

Jane

"Jack" wrote:

> I have a customer who has a SBS 2003 std. server and an seperate SQL server.
>
> Is it possible to install CRM on the SBS server and use the seperate SQL
> server ?
>
> Very important and urgent, please help as we are about to sell it today !
>
> Jack

Will the new version of SBS allow CRM sbs to be installed on seperate SQL
server en will it be possible to upgrade existing SBS 2003 server to this
function ?

Jack

"Jane Howell" wrote:

> One word answer - NO
> Small Bus Edition of CRM stipulates that SQL, Exch, AD MUST all be on the
> same machine as CRM - the SBS.
>
> New version of SBS out later this year will allow separate SQL and Exchange
> servers on different boxes.
>
> Jane
>
> "Jack" wrote:
>
> > I have a customer who has a SBS 2003 std. server and an seperate SQL server.
> >
> > Is it possible to install CRM on the SBS server and use the seperate SQL
> > server ?
> >
> > Very important and urgent, please help as we are about to sell it today !
> >
> > Jack

Op Wed, 10 May 2006 11:48:01 +0200 schreef Jane Howell <Jane
<Howell@discussions.microsoft.com>>:

> One word answer - NO
> Small Bus Edition of CRM stipulates that SQL, Exch, AD MUST all be on the
> same machine as CRM - the SBS.

a seperate sql server works for sure on windows 2003 server standard
edition.
are you sure it must be? is it not only recommended?

0
alwin

New Server for Small Hospital
Hi, I have a Windows 2000 server running one Domain, AD, Exchange 2000. We just ordered a new Windows 2003 server which I want to replace the old server with for all those jobs and leave the old server as a back up. How do I replicate the AD and Exchange folders to the new server? We only have about 80 users, should I run all these services from the same server or let the old server run DNS and filesharing etc.? I have a 250 GIG External HD I can use to exmerge. Thanks -- Tim Branch Covenant Hospital Plainview On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 21:38:01 -0800, Tim <timb@covenantplainview.org> w...

Backup mail server deliver for given mail domain
I have two completely independent exchange servers running in two physically different locations. In my case I have an MX record that states #1 should be the primary mail handler for a domain and #2 the backup. My problem is that some people use #2 as their main server and whenever they send mail to an address that #2 is the backup for, it doesn't get sent to the #1 server, but rather delivered locally. Is there a way that I can configure #2 to first try to deliver the mail to the primary mail server for that domain? I hope this is clear. Thanks Exchange will never lookup DNS if mail ...

CButton derived class unable to take away the heavy black border(BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON) from another button(CButton)
I have 4 buttons on a dialog insert, delete, ok, cancel. The ok button is the default button. Three of the buttons(delete,ok,cancel) are normal CButton and the remaining one(insert) is DerCButton which is a derived class from CButton. When tabbing from one button to another i notice that when the focus moves to insert button the heavy black border (BS_DEFPUSHBUTTON style) is set on the ok button (default button). When the delete button gets focus the ok button is no more highlighted. How can i ensure that the ok button is not highlighted when insert button gets focus?. The insert button class ...

Recovery Storage Groups on seperate server
Environment - One Exchange 2003 Standard Server SP2 on Windows 2003 Server SP1 with one Storage Group - 4 databases under that storage group. Problem - Currently I am expermenting in our test environment with the use of Recovery Groups in an attempt to create a more timely DR process. Is there anyway to have the restored databases for a Recovery Storage Group on a seperate server from the original databases? In other words can you somehow point the recovery storage groups to something other than a local drive? I've attempted trying to point just using a mapped network drive, but rec...

GP 9.0 SP1 utility cannot update company--being updated by another client
I'm setting up a test envrionment for my great plains 9.0 + SP1 installation on a new VM. I installed 9.0 and SP1 and then launched the Microsoft dynamics GP utilities. I asked for all companies to be upgraded and it was processing the companies. This process was very slow so I let it go overnight (it did look like it was doing something as the gui was updating periodically). When I came back in the morning and remote desktoped into the VM server, I didn't see the utility up. So I launched the utlity again, and now I am told that some of the companies upgraded successfully and som...

Win2k8 Server with Exchange?
Hi, Is Win2k8 Server comes with Microsoft Exchange or do we have to buy MS Exchange separately? Thanks, Garu Hello Garu, Exchange is a separate software. Or you use Windows small business server, which has limitations as only 75 users for example. http://www.microsoft.com/sbs/en/us/compare-features.aspx Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ** Please do NOT email, only reply to Newsgroups ** HELP us help YOU!!! http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm > Hi, > ...

Specify two server accounts
Hi, My MS Outlook is set up for two server accounts: Account 1 - In: work server, Out: work server, User info: work e-mail address Account 2 - In: home server, Out: home server, User info: work e-mail address I've set up the user info to show my work e-mail address in both cases because I reply to a lot of work e-mails at home. However, I also check and respond to home e-mails while I'm at work (using the work server); and also respond to home emails at home (using the home server). I would like my sent e-mails to show my home e-mail address. So I set up these additional ...

LDAP Operations on Exchange Server
Here is my current setup: 2 Window 2003 servers running Active Directory, both GC's An Exchange 2003 Server with a migration from a Windows 5.5 Exchange server. I've checked the Recipient Update Service on my Exchange server and both are pointing to NT4DC which is an upgrade of a NT4 PDC to Windows 2k3 domain controller. I am getting these two errors on a continious basis: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSADC Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8026 Date: 1/16/2006 Time: 10:35:41 AM User: N/A Computer: NT4DC Description: LDA...

Folder permissions not inheriting from parent (Server 2008 R2) ?
I am having problems with sub folders/files not inheriting the permissions set on a top level folder. I have a top level folder c:\foo which is set NOT to inherit from parent, and I select copy the permissions from c:\ when I untick inherit. I then add a number of user permissions to that folder, checking the Replace permission entries on all child objects..... check box. If I reopen properties/security/advanced security for foo the permissions are set correctly. If I create a file in foo, this has the correct permissions. If I create a folder bar in foo, this inherits the use...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server #2
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

Exchange Server Renaming
I have a problem which I am fairly sure I already know the answer to but just thought I would get a second opinion. Exchange Server 2003 machine with seriously low hardware spec. I want to move this onto new hardware. I have an Exchange Organisation with 7 exchange servers. The suggestion was that I install this new server, transfer all the mailboxes(600+) onto it allow replication etc. to occur then decommision the old exchange server, and here is the interesting part RENAME the new exchange server to the old servers name so that the naming convension is right. No my instant reaction...

Virtual memory fragmentation in Windows 2000 Server
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000 Server. The following happens with Trend Micro Scanmail services disabled. When I start the Information Store service I have a 376 meg VM Largest Block Size. Throughout the day the VM Largest Block Size decreases to about 170 meg. About an hour after the online defrag starts on the mailbox store the VM Largest Block Size instantly dives to 70 meg. This happens every day. I receive no errors in the event log and the virtual memory does not decrease below 70 meg. I have run isinteg on the private store until there are no errors and this still hap...

Mass inventory transfer from one store to another (via HQ?)
I just closed one store and need to transfer all the inventory back to the primary store. I thought I would do this via HQ WS-330 (just transfer all qty>0)but I'm not given that option. What's the best way to do this? Transfer or combine databases? if you use the worksheet 330, you will need to add the items and quantities manually with a sql script in hq that would look something like this: insert into worksheet_inventorytransfer (worksheetid,itemid,quantitytotransfer) select 821790,item.id,snapshotquantity from item join itemdynamic on itemid=item.id where storeid=89...

Migrate 2003 sbs 2008 enterprise exhcange 2010
I am currently running a sbs 2003 server with Exchange 2003. I want to upgrade to 2008 Enterprise with exchange 2010. After talking and researching I was told the "swing" method will not work since I am going to enterprise and not sbs. Plus he doesn't support 2010. I cannot run sbs due to email size limit. We need to store much more than 18GB and we have over 75 users. I would like to keep the same server name (unless I have no other options) and not have to rejoin workstations to the domain. I need to transfer all mailboxes and data with much as no downtime ...

What do FTP servers do when file send fails durring a file upload? Are partial files ever written? does ftp protocol cover this?
What do FTP servers do when file send fails durring a file upload? Are partial files ever written? does ftp protocol cover this? Daniel wrote: > What do FTP servers do when file send fails durring a file upload? Are > partial files ever written? does ftp protocol cover this? Why not read it and find out? Google for RFC959. And why are you posting this in a Microsoft .NET XML newsgroup when it has nothing to do with Microsoft, .NET, or XML? *plonk* ///Peter ...

SMTP works intermittently after FE servers set as NLB pair
After setting two FE servers in an NLB pair (both with smtp previously working), some mail servers cannot open SMTP sockets to the FE NLB pair. IT seems to be only windows boxes odly enough. When i create the pair, OWA, OMA and Activesync work fine as does a telnet to port 25. However, some machines cannot telnet to port 25..all machines in question that have proven unable to access are running win2k or win2k3....sendmail and qmail can open a smtp session to the NLB pair just fine. ANy ideas? On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 13:12:02 -0700, knightly <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

Renaming an Exchange 2003 Server
I have a Windows Server 2003 machine in a Windows Server 2003 Domain/Forest functional level with Exchange 2003 Server Standard installed. I'd like to rename the name (not the domain) of this server. I'm aware of the "netdom computername" method of renaming a domain controller, but have been unsuccesful in tracking down any documentation or instances of people doing this with an Exchange 2003 server. I could possibly build a test server with Exchange 2003 and try that (though it would certainly expend quite a bit of valuable time) as a last resort. Has anyone attempted th...

Business Portal 2.0 and SQL Reporting Services
Hello - I just recently installed Business Portal on a new server and then installed SQL reporting services on the same box. The installation of SQL reporting services broke Business Portal! I can get to http://server/reports but not http://server/sites/BusinessPortal. What do I need to get these both to work on the same box? Thank You!! Good Morning!! What error message do you get when you try to browse to Business Portal? I don't know much about SQL Reporting Services, but do you have to select a website for it to run? Thanks, Rekoj "GreenThumb" wrote: > Hell...

Outlook on Server
Is there any reason why I shouldn't install Outlook 2003 on an Excahnge 2003 server?? Ed Yes: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;266418 "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote in message news:u8eJEibvEHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there any reason why I shouldn't install Outlook 2003 on an Excahnge > 2003 > server?? > Ed > > Hi Ed Here is a great link that explains why you should not do it: http://blogs.msdn.com/stephen_griffin/archive/2004/07/03/172257.aspx -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is p...

increase BOM component quantity with SQL
We've got a component item that we're tracking quantities on in 100 or so BOMs. We've noticed that the item quantity is consistently out, and would like to increase the quantity used in each BOM it's in by an across the board percentage to correct. Specifically, we'd like to raise all quantities of this item by 12% across the board, without manually touching every single BOM. Does anyone know what the SQL command would be for this (assumuing it can be done practically? scrapperc1. Backup the database 2. Read Step 1 3. Execute the following ...

remove Exchange server from organization issue
I came accross an organization that is runing one Exchange server. They used to have a second Exchange server running as a backup but it had no mailboxes. They recently reloaded the second Exchange server without properly decommisioning it so at this point the old (second) server still shows in the Exchange System Manager. How can the old Exchange server be removed at this point? Thanks in advance Greg Open ESM, right click the server, wait until it times out and click remove. James Chong MCSE + Messaging, MCTS msexchangetips.blogspot.com Greg wrote: > I came accross an organizati...

Can not access my account from another computer
when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. It appears that Money Plus does not upload any data, anyone have any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, arjanbok@gmail.com wrote: >when trying to use portfolio manager it does not show my accounts, >just a few generic indexes. I use money plus and have gone through all >the settings to try to find a way to enable this feature but no luck. >It appears that Money Plus does not...

Link SQL Server Table to Access
Is there any way to create a link in Access to a SQL table without having the user manually create the DSN using the admin tools? My hope was they could access the sql table (view only) without manually creating the DSN. Thanks for your help. "db2nd" <db2nd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9A0E10A-3CB0-4F8B-8D1B-F4690B9D86B9@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to create a link in Access to a SQL table without having > the > user manually create the DSN using the admin tools? My hope was they > could > access the sql table (view only) ...

Pls help out with passing handles from one control to another
Ali , I passed the handle from on e list conrol to anthor list control.I think the wiondow exists and breaks at insert item I get the assertion with insert item.The window is exsting at the constructor till I get NMClick. { ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); return InsertItem(LVIF_TEXT, nItem, lpszItem, 0, 0, 0, 0); } The code ***********************Passing the handle in FormView.cpp************************* m_ResultsCtrl.SetIconToFill(&tab1->m_IconsListCtrl); -------------------------------------------end **********************MyListCtrSeriesCtrl.cpp********************************* C...