Saving a new quote before adding new quote products?

Hi all
When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products
(existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the
quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is
not really end user friendly.

Anyone knows something more about this issue?

Have fun :-)
iStephan
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Quote products have a foreign key pointing to the quote, so it's not
possible to save them before the quote itself is saved. As CRM is a web
application, it's also not possible to create the quote and all quote
details in one call - at least it would be very complex.

--
Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP

Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2
Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx
Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup

"iStephan" <iStephan@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all
> When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products
> (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the
> quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step"
> is
> not really end user friendly.
>
> Anyone knows something more about this issue?
>
> Have fun :-)
> iStephan

0
Michael
4/23/2007 1:11:10 PM
Ich habe es geahnt ... danke Michael :-)

"iStephan" wrote:

> Hi all
> When creating a new quote, it has to be saved before new quote products
> (existing or write-in) can be added. Is there no other way to complete the
> quote form and save it all together at the end? The existing "save-step" is
> not really end user friendly.
>
> Anyone knows something more about this issue?
>
> Have fun :-)
> iStephan

customizing quote merge template

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

Help, I cannot Save!

How Do I Import Stock Quotes to Money2004 Standard?
Does anyone know how to import stock quotes into Money. Some of the ones I am interested in are not supported by MSN for online update. I know I can enter the data manually but I want to be able to update prices for multiple stocks on a regular basis. I have tried ceating a .ofx file for importing and Money reports "Import Completed" with no errors but the price I specified does not appear in the price history. The extract from the .ofx file relating to price I was trying to import is as follows: <SECLISTMSGSRSV1> <SECLIST> <STOCKINFO> <SECINFO> <S...

Vlookup returns "0"

.pdf save as settings

Setting up a new e-mail account

OLK 2k7

Corrupt "Deleted Items" folder

Service Products Tracking.
We run a workshop repair service, what is the best way to track customers products, as it seems unfeasible to add products when booking an over the counter repair order in CRM. I would like to track repairs against machine manufacturer to do simple reporting like reliability against brand etc. I would recommend the following as the product you sell is a service I would create the service as the product i.e. create product Start-up costs, hourly rate, etc. To track brand reliability I would create one or more custom entities which contain the brand and maybe even their products. T...

Budget Wont Save
I have have Money 2002 for awhile and have never been able to save a budget and start a new one. I decided to start over with a new file, but once I get all my info back in there, it still won't save. MS has no info in the KB about this. Anyone else have this issue? ...

Adding a combo box to a worksheet

Adding a Macro to a VLookup Function
In Excel 2000 -- I would like to create a summary spreadsheet (sheet2). For each time that "Name" appears in sheet 1, row *, take information from the same row, but columns 2 and 6 and bring it over to sheet 2 in the designated area. I know that you need to do a "VLookup" function and I got that to work. I know that you also need a "Loop" statement, so that it will continue to perform the Vlookup and bring over the information for each time that the name appears. I don't know how to write the formula so that the VLookup and the Loop are combined. Examp...

RPC Over HTTP on Single Server

IM Add New Batch
GP 10 on 2003 Terminal Server. How do you create a Payables Batch in the IM in preparation for importing to the Payables Transaction destination? Alternatively, how must GP be set up to ensure that the “Add New Batch” rule works correctly? With the Add New Batch rule set the IM crashes (see my post Integration Manager 10 Crashes). Additionally the characteristics of the Add New Batch rule do not match the required information which I understand to be Origin and Checkbook ID. I figured there might be some default settings for Origin and Checkbook ID in the setup somewhere but was not a...

Changing the words "Sales Receipt" to "Invoice"
I cannot find how to change the word at the top right of our Sales document to read "Invoice" rather than "Sales Receipt". We bill out as a receivable for most of our goods and there seems to be some confusion with our customers. Thanks in advance for your help. -- Ron Moore Changing Sales Order to Invoice There is a receipt variable called "Transaction.ReceiptTransactionName" (in <SUB name="PrintTransactionType"> of receipt.xml)which returns the "default" name for the transaction based on it's type. You can replace this w...

Clearing "Custom Footer" box
Is there a way to delete the contents of the "Custom Footer" option when going through the "Page Setup" menu? I would like to clear out all previously created custom footers and start fresh. Thanks. TC T Crosby, Go to FILE>PAGE SETUP>HEADER/FOOTER, click on the "Custom Footer button. A new dialog box will appear with three panes. Highlight th contents in each pane (one pane at a time) and hit delete. Hope this helps Case -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You have some responses at your other post. T Crosby wrote: > > Is there a wa...