save button - 79331

I have created a new form in the opportunity detail form with a link in the
Detail Form Navigation Panel. This new form permit to insert or update some
new opportunity customized fields. I would save this data from form to CRM
reusing the "save" button of the opportunity detail form without insert a new
button in my new form.
How can I do that?
Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Mauros,

In your new form, make a JS call:

   window.opener.crmForm.SubmitCrmForm(1,true,true,false)

To make sure that you only call this when you want to (for example if the
user just closes the view or clicks cancel, you may not want the main form
refreshing), call it from something like an OK button.  Here is some C# code
to implement this:

   string ClientSaveScript = "<script language='javascript'>" +
    "function window.onunload() {window.opener.crmForm.SubmitCrmForm( 1,
true, true, false );}" +
        "</script>";

   Page.RegisterClientScriptBlock("ClientSaveScript", ClientSaveScript);

Stephen

"Mauros" <Mauros@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have created a new form in the opportunity detail form with a link in the
> Detail Form Navigation Panel. This new form permit to insert or update
> some
> new opportunity customized fields. I would save this data from form to CRM
> reusing the "save" button of the opportunity detail form without insert a
> new
> button in my new form.
> How can I do that?
> Thanks.

0
Stephen

inactive arrange buttons
why are my arrange button grayed out/inactive? i want to do some text wrapping. thank you! What are you trying to wrap the text around? Is it selected? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "jeannette" <jeannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50356545-62CD-4597-9A01-24F2F31554A7@microsoft.com... > why are my arrange button grayed out/inactive? i want to do some text > wr...

Sort order in Save-As dialog
Here's the configuration: Office 2000 SP1 MS XP Professional Network with roaming profiles, recently migrated from NT 4.0 When doing a Save-As in ANY Office app, in the Save window if you select the details view and attempt to sort by name, the files and folders are being sorted by their truncated DOS 8.3 names instead of their long Windows name. This did not occur with the NT configuration, and does not occur if you log into an NT machine after using an XP machine, but does occur anytime you use an XP machine. When doing file and folder sorts in Explorer or My Computer, the sys...

saving worksheets as individual files
I have a workbook with over 250 worksheets. I would like to separate the workbook into individual worksheets. What I mean is that I would each worksheet to be its own excel file, with only itself in the excel sheet. I need some help doing this, and in the past way possible. Thank you! Right click each sheet tab and select move or copy, then check copy and new book. Or you could run a macro that will do it for you and maybe name the workbook after the sheet name? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) ...

How to change background color of dialog boxes at touch of a button
How can I change the background color of my dialog boxes (main dialog box & pop-up dialog boxes) of my MFC application program? I would like to change the background color according to the selection of radio buttons. Thanks in advance for help. Handle OnCtlColor(or WM_CTLCOLOR) in your dialog class. If you want to change it for all the dialogs of your app, take a look at CWinApp::SetDialogBkColor (This function is obsolete in MFC7 on though, should work for MFC42). Regardless, look at codeguru/codeproject for sample code first. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com &quo...

dispalying access table in excel by clicking a button
hello friends, i am using ms access 2003, i have a form. i want this output if i click the button in this form, then a new excel window should be opened with the table details opened, i know how to open a excel window by clicking a button. but i dont know how to display the table data too. can any body help me out. thanq ...

Attachments slow to save/open
[WINDOWS SERVER 2003 / EXCHANGE 2003] Each and every user seems to be having large slow downs anytime they attempt to 'open' or 'save as' an attachment within Outlook. (pdfs, office files, image files... everything!) The file sizes range from 2kb to 20meg; all of which take 30+ seconds to open. All other Outlook functions work without any issues. Ideas? Cheers Brett Disable your PC virus scanner and see if the problem goes away. Just to check, that is. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "Brett Lindsey" <BrettLindsey@discussio...

VBA for sending mail and saving it in a database
HI All, I would really appreciate if any once can assist me: My requirement is: A word document(which is actually a form contains name, country, age, phone number) should have a submit button that when clicked should be attached in a new mail in outlook 2007. This document should also contain an button which when clicked should stored all the information in a database ( preferred MS access) by extracting the content from the document. Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks, puntertips For sending the document, here is the help from the Visual Basic Help file for ...

Strange behavior w/ Text, Button, & Check Boxes
I hope someone out there can help me with this one since I'm stumped! I have an Excel form that I created that contains a number of checkboxes that uses select to choose options they want in a package. These have been working fine until just recently. Now, when my Excel worksheet loads, I can see an outline of where each Checkbox should be and a red X flashes briefly and then they all disappear -- basically, they fail to load. By clicking around, sometimes I can "catch" one and it will display, until I move out of the field, then it disappears again. This same behavior ap...

cannot save to pdf
everyone that is having a problem with saving Publisher files to PDF - do you have a full version of Acobat 7? I have Version 7 and can print to a PDF with no issues. Have you updated Acrobat to 7.0.8? Are you receiving an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Linda" <artfile@schreurprinting.com> wrote in message news:1179949482.763237.265500@q66g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > everyone that is having a problem with saving Publisher files to PDF - > do you have a full version of Acobat 7? > ...

ISV Button Show both text and Icon in 4.0
I'm modifying the ISV.config to show a toolbar button. I want it to show both the Icon and the Title text. Here is what the ISV.config section for this looks like: <Button Icon="/_imgs/111.gif" Url="http://www.customcrm.com/Custom.aspx" PassParams="1" WinParams="height=200,width=300," WinMode="0"> <Titles> <Title LCID="1033" Text="Claim Form Document" /> </Titles> <ToolTips> <ToolTip LCID="1033" Text...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Changing default "save as" format
The default format for Save As on my Outlook (Office 2007, XP) is HTML. I don't know why this would be useful for anyone, but it isn't for me, and it creates lots of extra files. I'd like the default to be MSG format but the Help system doesn't show a way to change this default. (All it mentions is the option to save in Unicode format.) Any solution to this? -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via http://www.officekb.com "christophercbrewster via OfficeKB.com" <u3143@uwe> wrote in message news:a8e1a3451d20a@uwe... ...

Highlight button when in use
I am creating a database to use as a 'waiting list' for customers. I work in a plumbing company, and when our schedule is booked, we need a waiting list for customers. My idea is to create a main switchboard with buttons for numbers 1-10, and create a form for each button for each customer, and put them in a numeric list. My question is can I set up the button, so that if it has information on its form, it changes color when it is in use? I am using Access 2000. Probably not very easily using the Access switchboard, but you can very easily by using a standard unbound form wi...

Visio 2003 sp1 diagram saved as SVG document
Hi, I need to save diagrams as SVG-documents. When I save the diagram, the size of the SVG-document will be much larger than the actual diagram, meaning that I get a lot of white-space around the diagram, when I in turn use it on a web-page. What can I do to save only what is in the diagram, and nothing else? Cheers, Stigur Since SVG is a vector format, this is only a problem of zoom, not output resolution or anything bitmap-ish. I think this kind of depends on the SVG plug-in you're using in your browser. Perhaps there are some arguments or switches that can be passed in with th...

Excel : Saving and Mailing Question
Hi, A few questions I hope you can help me with (please) : 1. Is it possible to save a particular worksheet under a set name t one destination and the rest of the workbook to another, through macro/click of a button? 2. Is it possible to do the same but through email? Thanks Andre -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Ron de Bruin has lots of code examples at: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm He also has an addin that may do almost what you want. (on that same web page) "ajw150 <" wrote: > > Hi, > > A few questions I hope you can help me wi...

outlook 2007 how do i stop it asking me if i want to open or save
outlook 2007 how do i stop it asking me if i want to open or save a doc. I just want it to open them when i click on it. There is no option that i see when i click on it it just says do you want to save or open. thank you in advance -- paul Which version of Windows are you using? Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/80 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Quest...

Outlook XP
While tring to save an attachment the computer locks up. All programs are still running, but you can't click on anything. Then more than a couple of minute go by and everything start to respond. Thanks. Step #1 Uninstall Norton Anti-virus temporarily ====================================== 1. Uninstall Norton Anti-virus, reboot computer. 2. Test to see if the issue still occurs. Step #2 Outlook Safe Mode ====================== If the issue still occurs, the problem may occur if the Outlook's configuration information is damaged. 1. Close Outlook. 2. "Start" - "...

How to save selected cells as jpeg or pdf or webpage format?
I have several spreedsheets that I enter some data and then the results appear on 'Report'!A1:N28 spreedsheet. Is it possible to click on an actionbutton on the "Report" sheet to automatically save the cells A1:N28 in a folder called "OB Reports"? I also have some "objects" and "check boxes" located on top of cells A1:N28. I understand that the VBA is the way to do it but I am new to VBA. Could any of those genii out there help me with some simple instructions how to do this? Thank you so much in advance. Dori ...

Getting Money to work with Government Thrift Savings Plan (high interest)
I noticed several posts on this, but none of them were answered. I can not figure out how to track/manage the Government Thrift Savings Plan in microsoft money (or quicken, or excel for that matter). My situation is simplified in that I am only in the S fund. There may be other complications with the other funds but here are the impediments that are in my way: � The S fund does not track any continuously updated index. The Wilshire 4500 index has no symbol so I have to manually enter the prices. Not too much of a pain, but an inconvenience. � I make a monthly contribution into my T...

Excel 2007 saving CSV or tab delimited .TXT files to network drive
My installation of Excel 2007 will not let me save spreadsheet data to a .CSV or .TXT format file on a network drive. It will only let me save these formats to my local workstation hard drive. My IT group has tested this problem on other workstations and can not figure out what to do to fix it. Can anyone tell me what to do to fix this problem? Thanks, Bob Can you create a new .txt file on that drive/path using notepad? Maybe you don't have permission to save to this location. Bob-at-WilsonMohr wrote: > > My installation of Excel 2007 will not let me save spreadsheet data...

Save As to HTML and auto-refresh
When I save-As Web page there are two options nameley Publish or save. Publish only saves the sheet I am on at the time of saving but does allow 'Autorefresh every time file is closed'. Save does save all tabs which are displayed as such as a Web page. I would like the best of both worlds, saving the spreadsheet with all tabs but with the refresh option. Has anyone any ideas. Cheers Dave ...

Macro and user created button Question?
Hello all. I wanted to ask about macros and buttons. By that I mean, I'm creating a spread sheet that I want a user to click on button I created on the spreadsheet, and trigger the macro. Does anyone know how this can be done? Thanks! Create your macro. On the worksheet, drag a button from the Forms toolbar onto the sheet. You will be asked which macro to assign it to. Choose your new macro. Done! -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "R Guzman" <ralphguzman@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:5ByBe.10402$aY6.6366@newsread1...

Can't Paste
I want to insert some pages from a book in a PowerPoint presentation. Because the contain graphics, tables, charts, and images, 'regular paste' does not work. Usually, I 'paste special' and paste grouped objects as an enhanced metafile and it works like a charm. However, my clipboard is giving me trouble this morning and I keep getting 'busy' messages which is a problem in itself... Anyway, I'm trying to use the handy 'save as picture' feature in Pub2003. I am trying to save a group of objects as a picture in Publisher 2003. I can save them as a JPEG...

Button Text not showing :Too many items in Oppurtunity Menubar
Hi, It is indeed necessary for me to display the Text for all the buttons. But, there exist a lot many and CRM is hiding the text. How can i tackle this? How can MenuITem be useful (if at all.)? Thanks. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice WPF Report Engine, Part 2 http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/0ad2fa61-7f0c-485f-92c9-cf3a9ee210a7/wpf-report-engine-part-2.aspx You could try hiding toolbar buttons you don't need using JavaScript. This code will hide "Create Invoice" button on "Order" entity form. var mb = document.getEle...

Save as Pub 2000 by default
Is there a way to make Pub 2003 save as a Pub 2000 document by default. Such as I click the save icon and the document is then saved as a 2000 document without having to select save as a pub 2000. If you save the 2003 as a 2000 document, do editing and resave, you can click the save icon, the publication will not revert back to 2003. That is as close as a default you are going to get. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Thomas" <Thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD6FE6CA-6DDA-4E...