Salesprocess not running after migration from CRM 3.0

Hi,
We are trying to perform a test migration from 3.0 to 4.0. The migration
goes OK, but after the migration all the sales process workflows have an
error. The wfl's have the status "waiting", which is OK, because they are all
waiting for an earlier created activity to reach the status "completed".

Already found some info on an issue where workflow problems could occur when
the website points to an IP adress in IIS, so changed that to "All
unassigned". This didn't make any difference.

After turning on tracing the tracefile for the AsyncService there was an
HTTP 404 error. I ran this script on the server:

USE MSCRM_CONFIG
Update DeploymentProperties SET NVarCharColumn = ’servername:5555‘ WHERE
ColumnName = ‘AsyncSdkRootDomain’
Update DeploymentProperties SET NvarCharColumn = ’servername:5555′ WHERE
ColumnName = ‘ADSdkRootDomain’
Update DeploymentProperties SET NvarCharColumn = ’servername:5555′ WHERE
ColumnName = ‘ADWebApplicationRootDomain’

These 3 columns indeed didn't contain the portnumber before the script.

I've restarted the AsyncService, selected one of the "hanging" workflows and
did a "Resume" action.

Now the tracefile gives me this:
[2008-08-15 23:09:02.0] Process:CrmAsyncService
|Organization:e0b68166-fbbb-4a68-a0e1-f953a2d43612 |Thread:    3 |Category:
Platform.Workflow |User: 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 |Level: Error |
WorkflowHost.OnWorkflowTerminated
>Workflow terminated: {D379300C-D36A-DD11-9DDA-0003FFD893BE} - System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: De volgende fout is opgetreden tijdens het uitvoeren van Method Compiled.Workflowb1960e7e36b9dc119c93001676c5407f.PopulateEntity: Server was unable to process request. ---> System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to process request.
   bij
Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.WorkflowContext.PopulateEntitiesFrom(CrmWorkflow
crmWorkflow, String parameterName)
   bij Microsoft.Crm.Workflow.CrmWorkflow.PopulateEntity(String parameterName)
   --- Einde van intern uitzonderingsstackpad ---
   bij
System.Workflow.Activities.Rules.MethodInvokeExpression.Evaluate(CodeExpression expression, RuleExecution execution)
   bij
System.Workflow.Activities.Rules.RuleExpressionWalker.Evaluate(RuleExecution
execution, CodeExpression expression)
   bij
System.Workflow.Activities.Rules.ExpressionStatement.Execute(RuleExecution
execution)
   bij
System.Workflow.Activities.Rules.RuleStatementAction.Execute(RuleExecution
context)
   bij System.Workflow.Activities.Rules.Executor.ExecuteRuleSet(IList`1
orderedRules, RuleExecution ruleExecution, Tracer tracer, String trackingKey)
   bij System.Workflow.Activities.Rules.RuleEngine.Execute(RuleExecution
ruleExecution)
   bij System.Workflow.Activities.Rules.RuleSet.Execute(Activity activity,
ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   bij
System.Workflow.Activities.PolicyActivity.Execute(ActivityExecutionContext
executionContext)
   bij System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(T activity,
ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   bij System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutor`1.Execute(Activity
activity, ActivityExecutionContext executionContext)
   bij
System.Workflow.ComponentModel.ActivityExecutorOperation.Run(IWorkflowCoreRuntime workflowCoreRuntime)
   bij System.Workflow.Runtime.Scheduler.Run()

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Found the solution myself after trying the migration again:

Run the mentioned SQL script on the server

Select all the "waiting" workflows, pause and resume them.
Now they're working OK

Excel 97 #3
what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is some type of handle. Is it in the top right corner? If yes, then it's probably a comment indicator. Let your cursor linger over that cell. If you see a comment, that's it. rjh wrote: > > what is the Red triangle in a cell called, I believe it is > some type of handle. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com The red triangle indicates someone has inserted a comment to give you information. Move the mouse over the cell to show the comment. Right- click on the comment to edit or delete it. Regards Peter >----...

Run-time error 438
I'm trying to find out why this code is not working. With Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").ListBox1 .Clear For FillCount = 1 To Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("E1") .AddItem Worksheets("ClassCodes").Range("C1").Offset(FillCount, 0) Next FillCount .ListIndex = Worksheets("Multi-period Code data").Range("O1").Value End With Just to clarify, there is a sheet named "Multi-period Code data" and ListBox1 exists on the sheet. The err...

16-bit Migration
Hi, Im tasked with converting a 16-bit MFC app to 32-bit. Ive used the MFC migration kit as a starter, however this has proved to be pretty useless :-) Bearing in mind Ive not used MFC before in any shape or form, im struggling with a file called CChildDlg.cpp. The header appears to be a stock Microsoft header, but I cant decide if the CPP has been custom written. It loads a dialog resource, then parses it and creates the window and all the controls. But its parsing by ripping raw bytes out of the resource via an incremented BYTE* and not by using DLGITEMTEMPLATE* etc. Since it seems a comm...

MS Point of Sale 2.0
For opening and closing amounts, we keep a set amount of cash in the drawer. During business, cash and checks are accepted. At the end of day, we are doing a "drop" of the amount of cash AND checks added together (since POS does not have a position to do "check drop". We still balance overall but the z report indicates the overage/shortage of the check amount in the close section. Is this the correct way to close? Should there be position to enter the amount of checks that we are dropping? If we leave the amount of checks in the closing amounts window, will POS ...

synchronization of MS CRM with OUTLOOK
i created many users on MS CRM and i did the synchronization of MS CRM with OUTLOOK for each client but the problem i am facing is whenever i create a CONTACT in outlook,it is visible in MS CRM also but when i am creating a CONTACT in MS CRM then IT IS NOT REFLECTED IN OUTLOOK. i tried a solution for this that synchronization option in tools menu but then also it is giving the error like the user does not have proper privileges. kindly help me for the same. thanks bharat 25 Hi, Review the security settings for contact. This isn't the offline sync, but the CRM-Outlook sync we're...

m_hWnd unused when running in debugger
I've inherited a sort of a client/server application which runs in release mode but not in debug mode. The client application is a dialog-based mfc application which uses a window handle in a call to establish a callback scheme thus: if (WSAAsyncSelect(s, hWndc, WM_TCP_FD_READ, FD_CONNECT | FD_ACCEPT | FD_READ | FD_CLOSE | FD_WRITE)) DisplayServer("Async Socket Failure"); When compiled for release it works; when running in the debugger, that hWndc parameter which is set to this->m_hWnd in the OnInitialUpdate function for the main dialog window is unused and that seems t...

selecting cells #3
When working with a large group of cells, I find it easier to click the top cell, scroll to the bottom, and click the last cell while holding the shift key down. The problem is, when I want to select a second column of data, I have to select the top cell using the control key, the pull down the cursor manually. Is there a way to select 2 or more non-adjacent columns without having to scroll down using the mouse? Nevermind - figured it out myself. The easiest things are often so obvious they are hard to see. "Wazooli" wrote: > When working with a large group of cells, I...

Write to Module While Macro is Running
I have a macro that allows the user to study vocabulary words. At the outset the array is filled with integers, one for each word. A number is randomly selected from the array and the word corresponding to that number is examined. That number is then removed from the array. Only after all words have been examined is the array is repopulated with all of the numbers. This allows to the user to examine all words before a specific word is encountered again. On exiting the workbook, whatever numbers remain in the array are written to a worksheet, so that the array can be filled with o...

CRM 3.0
Is anyone using the Cisco VPN Client to connect remote CRM users either with the IE and/or the Outlook Client interface. Are there any performance issues over broadband, ??? Also, what are the recommended bandwidths both ends??? Some travelling field staff need to connect remotely thru dial up connections (56k) - (ie. Remote location has no broadband available) How does this option perform, ??? a) Online thru IE7 Interface b) Online thru Outlook Client Interface c) Syncronising the Outlook Client image with the Master CRM 3.0 Database Is this a feasible option ???? TIA ...

can't save files in Office2001 running on OSX
I'm running Office2001 for mac on my OSX system through OS9. The applications work fine until I try to save. "Save", "Save As", and "Save as Web Page" all make the windows blink as if it's going to do something, but then nothing else happens--no save window, no files on my hard drive. Any ideas why this might be happening, or how I can fix it? You thoughts are greatly appreciated! Jake ...

How to count how many times a user accesses CRM
Hi. For internal audit purposes, I need a way to count how many times each CRM user logs into the system (in a period of time). Is there any CRM or server option to make this count? Many thanks You can try to use one of these methods of reporting on CRM Usage: https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/hardworkdays/archive/2010/04/13/crm-usage-report.aspx http://blogs.msdn.com/b/crm/archive/2009/04/08/crm-usage-reporting-unleashed.aspx Michael D. Mayo "Claudio Casonato" wrote: > Hi. > For internal audit purposes, I need a way to count how many times each CRM > user logs in...

Fill Series #3
All, I am trying to fill a series in a row to the right. Upon doing this excel moves the value of each cell up only 1 column. I want it to move up 2 columns. For example here is the starting folrmula: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$ A$4:NPIData!$B$82,2,0)) but every time I do a fill series I get the following: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)),"",VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$ B$4:NPIData!$C$82,2,0)) and I would like when I do a fill series for the next formula to result in : =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B3,NPIData!$...

CRM 4.0 and Essential Business Server
I am planning to upgrade CRM 3.0 to 4.0 and want to do it in the newly installed Essential Business Server (Premium). Can I install CRM 4.0 on the Management server of EBS? I am looking for documentation on both products sites but cannot find it. Has anyone already done it or has any info on it? Thanks in advance! P.S. For those of you who work in network management, EBS is a dream suite for a medium size business! ...

SFO 3.0 on workgroup computers
Hi. We have done a couple of SFO install on worksgroup computers. Everything works fine. The users connect to the domain via ISA VPN. The users username and password is the same on the workgroup computer and in the domain. Now we get this error when we install on som new workgroup computers. Is is not posible to install the SFO on worksgroup computers? Best regards Jacob Mondrup Vivant IT Management Microsoft CRM Setup Is Being Run By a User Who Is Not a Domain User Cause Microsoft CRM Setup is being run by a user who is not a domain user. Solution Exit Microsoft CRM Setup and log on ...

CRM
Software wants to install into the default website on my exchange server which has all the exchange folders for OWA, OMA ect. Should I create a new website for it to install in or does it install into that directory for so it can work with/ modify exchange files? Any info would be great. Thanks Depending on the security settings of your exchange website, you may need to create CRM exchange folder. We ran into a snag when trying to use our normal folder (https) and had to create a relaxed-security folder before the email functionality of CRM would work properly. >-----Original ...

Data Migration Question 11-05-04
Hello, when migrating contacts -and leave values for the "Prefered Contact Methods" (like Phone->True/False, Email-->True/False, etc.) in cdf_contact blank- does CRM populate them in ContactBase with default-values set in customization? I checked this on table contactbase and the values were not set to default. They have the value 'null' -Is this correct? Just thouht the DMF uses the SOAP Interface itself for generating Crm entities. Can you confirm if this behavior is correct? Cheers; DS The DMF does use the SOAP interfaces. However, those interfaces are configur...

countif #3
Can anybody help me with the following formula. =COUNTIF(AND(C2:C1300,"<=500"),(C2:C1300),">=0")). I get an error everytime I try to put it in. tx. You can use two COUNTIFs. E.g., =COUNTIF(C2:C1300,"<=500")-COUNTIF(C2:C1300,"<0") -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "nkob" <tlee@lang.com> wrote in message news:uCTvEcqkDHA.3320@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Can anybody help me with the following formula. > =COUNTIF(AND(C2:C1300,&q...

An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM in 4.0
When one of my users tries to track his emails in CRM Outlook they get the following error message below for a single account contacts. Othe Accounts contacts work fine. Account and contacts Accept Email And Bulk Email. An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click Yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. Mike Had something similar, and best as I could determi...

How do I update Windows ME to run Publisher 2003?
Purchase and install Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional and you will be all set. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "soundpost23" <soundpost23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82360520-B50A-4EAC-86C6-FD7EA442E663@microsoft.com... > Brian Kvalheim [MSFT MVP] <bkvalheim@publishermvps.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Purchase and install Windows XP Home or Windows XP Professional and > you will be all se...

toolbars #3
Hello all, I am running O2K3 Pro and have several add-in toolbars (Goldmine Integrated Services for MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat Pro and Linktivity Live meeting) loading with Outlook. My problem is that upon loading I rearrange my toolbars in a single row the way I want them to appear. Upon closing the application I thought the toolbars locations would be saved. Upon opening the application the next time I find that the toolbars are in the original pre-altered locations (in horozontal rows). Is there a way to lock the toolbars locations? Thanks in advance. No, add-in programmers do a p...

CRM 4.0 Trial Key
Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? Thanks Duc If you have access to the download you have access to key - it is in readme Pete "Duc, Nguyen" <DucNguyen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:159C8F13-9827-4EE1-A368-96D4D3E05151@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? > Thanks > Duc On Dec 2, 11:18 am, Duc, Nguyen <DucNgu...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone know where we can get the trial key to install MSCRM 4.0? > Thanks > Duc If you&...

Exchange 5.5 question #3
I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction for this question. I'm trying to find a list of all exchange 5.5 patches that were pushed out during 2006. So far, I've only found 1 - I don't know where else to look or search at but here where some of the MS guru's may know. TIA Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com Exchange5.5 extended support ended in Jan 2006, that means no hotfix/sp will be released from that point on. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/support/lifecycle/changes.mspx http://support.microsoft.com/?LN=en-us&pr=lifecycle&scid=gp%3B%5Bl...

Outlook 2002 Still Runs After Exiting
I am using Outlook 2002 with XP Pro. All of a sudden, Outlook continues to run after I exit the program. When I try to reboot my computer, it wants to do an "End Task" on Outlook.exe. The problem, though, is that the "End Task" is usually unsuccessful and I just have to turn the computer off manually. If you look in the Task Manager, the application is not running but you do see Outlook.exe under the Processes tab. I searched the knowledge base and somehow found one article that suggested you uninstall the Outlook Personal Folders Backup Utility. I have done...

Store.exe problem caused by Outlook CRM Client
Hi, We are facing the store.exe that needs 90% processor time problem as already discussed on this forum. Can someone post a solution how to change the tagging that is mentioned as a solution? The users in our network that cause the problem did have a large amount of emails in their inbox, but these mails are moved to another location. The problem however persists. If someone can send some information about how to change this setting or how to solve this problem, please contact me. Thank you in advance, Gertjan van der Linden The auto-tagging settings are set at a global level, to ch...

OE removed access #3
i recently revceived an email that stated: OE removed access to the follwoing unsafe attachments. the attachments are very safe. how do i undo this. i need to get into the files. See http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm jonna wrote: > i recently revceived an email that stated: OE removed > access to the follwoing unsafe attachments. the > attachments are very safe. how do i undo this. i need to > get into the files. I am experiencing the same exact problem with safe files. Started after I downloaded the SP1 pack over the weekend. Would appreciate any help/ideas that an...