Sales Process Question 08-02-06

Is it possible to create a sales process based where stage progression is
based on a field value - for example a pick list rather than the status of an
activity? I want to create a pick list with sales stages and have a process
evaluate the picklist value before progressing to the next stage.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Average Sale Per Hour
Hi All - The following will return the average sales for the date range, but I'm looking for SQL to determine the average sale per hour? select convert(varchar,closingtime,106),sum(customercount) Customer_Count, sum(salesplustax)+sum(returns) Tax_Returns,sum(sales)+sum(returns) Sales_Returns, (sum(sales)+sum(Returns))/sum(customercount) Average from batch where closingtime between '2008-05-09' and '2008-05-13' and customercount <> 0 group by (closingtime) HINT: You need to base your query on the Transaction table as the batch table only has totals per Register pe...

Microsoft Access "Classroom management database" question
Microsoft Access "Classroom management database" question. When grading, it has the ability in this template to put in scores for Assigments, Quizzes, Exams, Etc. For example, student scores 45 our of 100 possible points. BUT it does not calculate that into a grade, that field is editable and I guess you have to manually put in a letter grade. Leaving room for human error. Is there a way to make the # of points work or translate into a Letter Grade. Path is: Open Classroom management database, go to classes, choose assignment tab, and click View assignements. THere you can ...

Equation Question in Query
I am trying to limit my query to search for dates between 9/4/2007 and 1/20/2008 but I need to exclude 12/9/2007. I have the following equation and am not sure how to get it to exclude the date I need. Between #9/4/2007# and #1/20/2008* Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Between #9/4/2007# and #1/20/2008# AND <> #12/09/2007# -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "JeannieC" wrote: > I am trying to limit my query to search for dates between 9/4/2007 and > 1/20/2008 but I need to exclude 12/9/2007. > > I have the following equation and a...

Creating Appointments 05-06-06
Hi I seem to be missing something obvious... I open a lead/contact/company/opportunity and add an appointment activity using the form assistant. Yet it doesn't show up in the calendar, nor in the Outlook Client (online)...is that right? I hope not! -- CRM Power User Appts won't synch to Outlook unless you are running the CRM for Outlook client. Even then, this synch is done periodically, so it may take awhile before it updates. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "al" <al@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:26E06127-1D48-4DA6-8D34-B89F39016F5...

Outlook PST question..
Hello, I am working on a little project. I am trying to see if there is something Macro/WSH script, etc. to automate the breaking up of a PST file? I often see users with large PSTs (to the point outlook takes along time to open) but not to the point that outlook wont see it. I was just looking for something to break the folders up in the pst into say Alpha order and file them into new PSTs. Would save alot of time and I am not too good at scripting.. ...

Copy/Move question
Several time a day, in an Excel 97 workbook, I move a short list of numbers upwards in a column. To accomplish this, I highlight the existing numbers, then copy them starting with the first blank cell. I then return to the old numbers and delete them. I do not use the "move" function because it destroys the related "index/match" formulas in the columns to the right. Is there a way to have the old numbers disappear automatically (as in a move) when I use the copy function? -- Bruce LeBlanc How about a macro that does what you want. Record it when you do it manually and...

Diaglog/Threading Data Exchange Question
Greetings, I have learned a lot from all of you, and I hope to over come my latest road block. I have a smal IRC Chat client I am making. I have a Dialog Box with Control and I use a worker thread for connecting to IRC - That Thread will update controls on the Dialog by sending PostMessages. Now my problem is in the ListBox Control that I have extended to do popup menu with various commands. I need to be able to read that controls methods from within the Thread. so I need to do this from within my IRC Socket thread: (code not exact - pseudo code) CListBoxEx myUsers; //Defined in my ...

Assembly Re-Distribution 02-08-10
I have an app that currently relies on a number of SQL Server assemblies. These are currently referenced and included in the bin folder of the app when shipped. I understand that there are some limits on the SQL Server assemblies that may be shipped vs ones that are installed via a re-distributable installer. Please could someone help me out with finding information relating to which of the following DLL's I can re-distribute. Also confirmation of if I should be distributing them with a re-distributable installer or if I can just ship the assemblies in my execution fo...

Resources for CRM Workflow Sales Processes
Is there a good site or resource information to help with ideas for building Rules Templates or Sales Process Templates? I am new to CRM and have built a basic one but don't really know what else might be possible. Thanks! Shauna In the MS CRM MOC they reference a company that does just that, and they have some examples there as well: www.solutionselling.com "Shauna Koppang" wrote: > Is there a good site or resource information to help with > ideas for building Rules Templates or Sales Process > Templates? I am new to CRM and have built a basic one > but ...

WinRoute Question
Guys, I recently added a front-end server and everything seems to be working ok. I can send and receive mails from OWA without any issues. However, in looking at WinRoute my Front-end server is the only server listed with a RED X and is not connected to the master. Can anyone explain to me why this may be so or what is wrong? Windows 2003EEsp2 Exchange 2003EE sp2 A true front-end server doesn't route mail because you remove the mailbox store. If your "front-end" is a hybrid front-end and bridgehead server, then the answer would depend on how you have the bridg...

V LOOKUP Question
Why is it when I am using the VLOOKUP function with spreadsheets dervived from different database sources at work(i.e. general ledger system, time reporting system) the VLOOKUP values are sometimes N/A when in fact there is an exact match. When I type the information over (exactly the same), the data is then found. Does this have anything to do with text formatting? Thanks! Alison Probably yes. Check for spaces or special characters in the cells. If the values are supposed to be numeric, they may not be recognized because in fact they are text. To cure that, format an empty cell a...

Office 2010 Beta Question
I am attempting to install Office 2010 Beta. After downloading the software from the Technet site. I disabled my anti-virus software. After I click on the file to start the install. I receive a message indicating the files unziped and then the install process hanges. I never see the prompt to start the Install Process. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate with the current fixes applied as of this post. Thanks. Please post your query in one the forums from this list: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010,office2007deployment hth "Graifee"...

Cannot open the Outlook Window 02-27-10
Everytime I try to open Outlook to check email it fails to load and I get an error message: (Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window.) Has been working fine in the past. This problem just started. Help! Does Microsoft Outlook start in safe mode? How to: Select Start | Run Type: outlook.exe /safe OK button "TMc" <TMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:48742C5F-F966-4175-AB03-828ADFFC9417@microsoft.com... > Everytime I try to open Outlook to check email it fails to load and I get > an > error message: (C...

Write-in Product Security Question
What elements of the security do I have to have set up in order for my salespeople to add write-in products to quotes and orders? What does the key need to be set at for each of these elements? ...

Outlook (Inserting a file) Question :-)
Hi, I was hoping someone would be able to answer this question. when I goto insert a document in OUTLOOK its default is my documents. What I mean is when I click on insert it opens up the folder my documents. Can this be changed to a different folder?? I have all my files in a different folder that I would like to open when I try to insert a file. Thanks in advance for the help Bobby Bobby115@aol.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Can anyone h...

Customization question: how to put up a single button onto toolbar which converts to "Symbol" font?
I'm running Excel X on my Mac with Panther (OS X). I'm a scientist and often need to convert some characters to the Symbol font. In Microsoft Word, I was able to use the Customize feature to put a button onto the toolbar which converts the selection to be of Symbolic font. In Excel, I can't seem to do it. When I do "customize" and hit the "command" tab, I can choose Font, which says "In the Font box, select a font name" but when I click it, it doesn't let me type a font name nor gives me a list of the fonts (unlike Word, which does). It looks like...

Sync Center question
Hi, How do I use sync folders on my PC (using Sync Center or any other program) with a USB drive? Currently "Setup sync partnerships" does not show anything. Visa Home Prem SP1 Thank you for your help. you can sync external devices like flash drive and flash cards to the hard drive (and vice versa) with microsoft's sync toy. it is free and can be found via microsoft.com -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - @Hotmail.com - nntp Post...

Profit & Loss Account Costs shown as a percentage of Sales
Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so that I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and show each cost as a percentage of sales Dritz Wrote: > Does anyone know how I can enter a formular into an Excel Spreadsheet so > that > I can show all the costs as a percentage of Sales please > > There must be a way that one can drag the formula down the costs and > show > each cost as a percentage of sales Hi Dritz Assuming Costs to be in column A and total sal...

Question for the bitmap experts....
I'm trying to read bitmap data that's stored in my program's resource script. Once I have a "handle" on my bitmap resouce, I need to store it in the following data structure : typedef struct _AUX_RGBImageRec { GLint sizeX, sizeY; // Bitmap dimensions here unsigned char* data; // Bitmap data here??? } AUX_RGBImageRec; I plan on using the LoadResource() and FindResource() APIs to extract the bitmap data from the resource script. Once I get the bitmap dimensions, I can easily place that information in the "s...

Sales figures and Performance
Newby looking for help. Trying to format spreadsheet so that data entered in ENTRY worksheet can be dispursed to sheets 1,2,3. Have the workbook working now with MAIN worksheet but data entry ungainly as ultimately there will be 40 to 50 sales people. I have to work with just these three #'s (YTD Sales,YTD Paid's, YTD Cancels) they are updated weekly, but I am looking for weekly sales figures. Is this possible? Have bought Book on VBA programing but company does not like macros. see your other post -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel ...

Calendar 03-06-07
How do I change the month from January to March without changing the number in every box?...

Log File Question #2
A few questions please! Which Exchange 2003 log files are the best to check if we want to find out who sent emails to a specific address? Would the log files in question be different for an Exchange 5.5 environment? How long are these log files kept for? Is there a set / recommended time limit? In E2K3 you can use the message tracking center in ESM to find messages. You can do this provided you have enabled it on the mail store properties tab. If you have, the default amount of time for keeping the tracking logs is 10 days. I'm not sure how 5.5 works, sorry. Thanks, Dan "...

Input masks 06-17-07
I have created an input mask in the wizzard that I no longer want. How can I delete an input mask from the input mask wizzard? On Jun 17, 5:38 pm, TELong1603 <TELong1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an input mask in the wizzard that I no longer want. > How can I delete an input mask from the input mask wizzard? go to the control you want to change delete the text on the property input mask It depends on version, but locate the file called acwzusrt.mdt on your = computer - you'll find the input masks are stored in a table called = im_TblInputMask --=20...

Problem w/ workbook size, processing
I have a workbook which creates and inserts additional sheets, based o a list of items located elsewhere. The number is items in the lis varies, but I would like the workbook to handle as many as possible Then, the macro pastes identical info onto each of the newly create sheets. On each sheet then, there is about 750 rows and 20 columns o data. The macro is designed to create, then paste, then create... The problem I have, is that after around 75 sheets, the workbook slam to a halt during the sheet creation process. I have found it seem faster to select and paste entire columns, versus rang...

Scribe 08-16-04
Can anyone tell me how much Scribe costs? Their website has no pricing information and nobody answers their phone. Are they a legitamate company? -- - I am Johnny Scribe is definately legitimate. They have many customers using their products for CRM. I can't provide you pricing, but I can offer that info. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Mon, 16 Aug 2004 15:35:11 -0700, Johnny <alphascooter-verizon@yahoo.com> wrote: Can anyone tell me how much Scribe costs? Their website has no pricing inf...