Sales Pipeline report - Group by product not available

I know you used to be able to view the sales pipeline report by product, but
I don't seem to have that option available in the "group by" ddl. Am I
missing something? HELP! Viewing the sales pipeline by product is an
important requirement.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build
your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone
the existing report and modify the where clause).

0
Andy
8/2/2007 7:53:49 PM
Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option
should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-behold
it does indeed have a Pipeline by Product dataset. This is a new
implementation  - I wonder if this could be a data issue?

"Andy" wrote:

> I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build
> your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone
> the existing report and modify the where clause).

I just had a look at the report, and you're right, there is a dataset in SRS
that queries for Opportunities grouped by Product (there are separate
datasets for each "Group By" parameter). All you need to do to fix this is to
add the Parameter to the Report Parameters:

1.) Open the Report in VS 2003
2.) Click on the Layout tab
3.) On the Main toolbar menu, select Report --> Report Parameters
4.) In the "Parameters:" pane, click the GroupBy parameter Option button
selected.
5.) On the right side, you'll see a list of "Available Values" with the
"Non-Queried". you'll see values under the "Label" and "Value" columns (Sales
User, Sales Territory, etc.)
6.) Scroll to the last row, and click into the "*" row. For the "Label"
cell, type "Product" in the "Value" cell, type "productidname"
7.) Click the "OK" button.

That should do it. Let me know if you need further assistence...

"GIJimmyj" wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option
> should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-behold
> it does indeed have a Pipeline by Product dataset. This is a new
> implementation  - I wonder if this could be a data issue?
>
> "Andy" wrote:
>
> > I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build
> > your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone
> > the existing report and modify the where clause).

Thanks very much! That did the trick.

"MD" wrote:

> I just had a look at the report, and you're right, there is a dataset in SRS
> that queries for Opportunities grouped by Product (there are separate
> datasets for each "Group By" parameter). All you need to do to fix this is to
> add the Parameter to the Report Parameters:
>
> 1.) Open the Report in VS 2003
> 2.) Click on the Layout tab
> 3.) On the Main toolbar menu, select Report --> Report Parameters
> 4.) In the "Parameters:" pane, click the GroupBy parameter Option button
> selected.
> 5.) On the right side, you'll see a list of "Available Values" with the
> "Non-Queried". you'll see values under the "Label" and "Value" columns (Sales
> User, Sales Territory, etc.)
> 6.) Scroll to the last row, and click into the "*" row. For the "Label"
> cell, type "Product" in the "Value" cell, type "productidname"
> 7.) Click the "OK" button.
>
> That should do it. Let me know if you need further assistence...
>
> "GIJimmyj" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option
> > should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-behold
> > it does indeed have a Pipeline by Product dataset. This is a new
> > implementation  - I wonder if this could be a data issue?
> >
> > "Andy" wrote:
> >
> > > I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build
> > > your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone
> > > the existing report and modify the where clause).

No sweat. I'm just wondering why there are no KB articles (or hotfixes) for
this issue. Surely other people must have discovered this as well...

"GIJimmyj" wrote:

> Thanks very much! That did the trick.
>
> "MD" wrote:
>
> > I just had a look at the report, and you're right, there is a dataset in SRS
> > that queries for Opportunities grouped by Product (there are separate
> > datasets for each "Group By" parameter). All you need to do to fix this is to
> > add the Parameter to the Report Parameters:
> >
> > 1.) Open the Report in VS 2003
> > 2.) Click on the Layout tab
> > 3.) On the Main toolbar menu, select Report --> Report Parameters
> > 4.) In the "Parameters:" pane, click the GroupBy parameter Option button
> > selected.
> > 5.) On the right side, you'll see a list of "Available Values" with the
> > "Non-Queried". you'll see values under the "Label" and "Value" columns (Sales
> > User, Sales Territory, etc.)
> > 6.) Scroll to the last row, and click into the "*" row. For the "Label"
> > cell, type "Product" in the "Value" cell, type "productidname"
> > 7.) Click the "OK" button.
> >
> > That should do it. Let me know if you need further assistence...
> >
> > "GIJimmyj" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option
> > > should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-behold
> > > it does indeed have a Pipeline by Product dataset. This is a new
> > > implementation  - I wonder if this could be a data issue?

California Sales Tax application
We handle both over-the-counter and mail order sales to customers in and out of state (California). We charge sales tax on all sales inside our county (whether walk-in or mail ordered) at one rate. We charge sales tax to all other California deliveries at another. We do not charge sales tax on out of state sales. Currently, we've set the customer field for tax matching to "state" and are finessing in-county sales by giving a special state code in the ship-to field. However, this is cumbersome, and less experienced staff miss collections. Ideally, we should collect by...

Point of Sale database
I need to (very quickly) create a program that is user friendly that would be used by a small corner store to track sales/inventory/expenses/employees/etc. the main issue is it need to track every sale by the employee entering (by combo boxes) categories then choosing the product and then that would bring up the price and a quanity box. The employee would enter all the products for each sale and would get a running total for each client. Once the sale is complete it would update the inventory to subtract the quantities sold. Other ideas is to be able to have promotion prices ...

Vacation Hours Available
Hello: We just upgraded a client from Dynamics 6.0 to GP 9.0. The client has Human Resources. The client says that there used to be an inquiry window in HR that would show the vacation available amount of hours that appear on an employee's check stub. Is this gone? It is either a separate inquiry window or used to be at the bottom of the Employee Summary Inquiry window. Thanks! childofthe1980s The employee summary is still there at Cards >> Human Resources >> Employee-Attendance >> Summary. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: >...

Compare records in multiple sheet -> report
Hi! I have a workbook consisting of ten sheets. To simplify my question let�s say that the three first columns of every sheet denotes the spatial coordinates x,y,z and the fourth column is a scalar value. Some x,y,z-triplets exist in all 10 sheets, some exists in only a few sheets, if the triplet exists, then also the scalar value of the 4th column exists. What I would like to do is to find all unique x,y,z-triplets and show them in the first column of a new sheet. In columns 2-11, I would like to show the scalar value(from the corresponding x,y,z-triplet of course) in column 4 in s...

How to create web-based reports from RMS database.
The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail store. I need sell the through rate, average sale, sales/sf, return rate, discount analysis, all broken down by date, week, month, year, category, supplier, and then compare against last year's numbers. I want to create my own web-based reports accessing RMS's SQL database. Does anyone have a template of data access web page so all I have to do is change the SQL statement in getting to the right database table? mas wrote: > The reports available in RMS is not specific enough for my apparel retail > ...

Error while trying to access reports
Hi all, I have a user who is Admin and gets this error when she clicks on the report icon: Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the r...

Exchange no longer available
Courtesy of Katrina, my brother-in-law's job and Exchange server are no more. He knows he has personal folders and contacts on his laptop, but Outlook choles on not connecting to Exchange and won't let him see the local stuff either. How does one tell Outlook not to try to connect to Exchange and instead use the local pst file? It might be easier to create a new profile and then use File Open to access the personal folder file, you create a new profile in Control Panel || Mail <philmcin@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126736961.961262.92120@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... ...

DoCmd.Quit Error "The command or action 'Quit' isn't available now
Hi I need to exit an application if the user closes a certain form in the adp and am trying to do this via the unload method. basically there can be various instances of this form but if one instance is a certain one then it must close the whole application. If have tried in a blank database by putting DoCmd.Quit in the unload method of a form and that works so there must be somthing running that is causing this not to work in my adp. I have also tried putting a button on the form in my adp just to see if putting DoCmd.Quit in the click event would work and it did but this is of no us...

Create Pivot Table Reports
I just finished installing Analysis Cube on the server, everything seemed working fine until when I try to create the Pivot Table Report (Tools->Analysis Cubes->Create Pivot Table Reprots). After I called up the pre-defined 'Definition ID' and click on the Excel icon, a message popped up saying " The WHTemplate.XLT file was not found." Anybody have any idea what that is, and how to resolve it?? Thanks. 1.) There are two pieces of software. Did you install both the server piece, and the client piece? 2.) Is Excel installed on the machine, on which you'r...

Restore to Recovery Storage Group Failed
I'm trying to restore a backup file to a Recovery Storage Group, Exch 2003/Windows server 2003, backup made with ntbackup. I set up the recovery storage group in exchange system manager, as per kb824126, the restore fails right away. It says it's restoring to the first storage group, I thought it was supposed to restore to the recovery group? Is there anything I have to set on the recovery group that the kb doesn't mention? you added the store you want to restore to the RSG? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Reports not availble on ssms
Hello Gurus, Here is a situation I have versions of SQL from 2000 to 2008 in both the 2005 and 2008 version of ssms I can not see the report section when right clicking on a database in SSMS. However I can view these reports when I RDC into the server using the exact same windows credentials?? Is there something missing on my client tool that would cause this? or What?? help! Wisord *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

Date range for a report
Hi I am trying to run a query and can't seem to nail down the right code. We use the access database to track files, incoming/outgoing correspondence dates etc. I am trying to run a query that show me files with dates in a follow up field of -60 days to +7 days, so essentially any follow ups missed in the last 2 months and up coming in the next week. This report is run on a weekly basis. Appreciate any help Thanks Assuming that the follow up field is actually a date/time data type, try this in the criteria: Between Date() - 60 and Date() + 7 -- Jerry Whittle, ...

Outlook Group incoming email assignment via rotation
I need to define a group such that: - Emails coming into the group email address (I don't know if this should be a distribution list or something else) can be forwarded to a single member of the group. - Assignment of the email to a group member will be via round-robin rotation through the group. - Round-robin mechanism must be able to recognize when a group member is marked as out of office and assign the incoming email to the next group member. I have no idea if this is possible, though I'm assuming that it would need to be servers-side (Exchange) rath...

not repeating text boxes in reports with columns
Hello, I am trying to create a report with columns without repeating certain text boxes. Here is an example of what I would like to create: [Date] "Month1" [Date] "Month2" [Date] "Month3" [Product] "Product1": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product2": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product3": [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [quantity] [value] [Product] "Product4": [q...

Access SSRS Throug SSMS not Report Manager
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

Crystal Reports help
We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal Reports 10. We will be running most of our reports through Crystal because you can do so much more than with the Report Writer. I am looking for a good reference book for Crystal 10 (this is the first version I have ever used) any suggestions? You can get books on Crystal 10 in any large bookseller. One thing you won't get is how to use Crystal with Great Plains. There was some training materials available. You will want to consult the Great Plains SDK for help on the tables to use. JO wrote: > We are currently using GP 8.0 and Crystal R...

script error running reports from home pages, why??
I'm not a GP user/expert, we recently installed GP2010. Since then one user has said, "When I try to run reports from the home pages, I am getting this script error and cannot run any reports." The error is: Line 47 Char 5 Error The system cannot find the file specified Code 0 URL: file:///C:/Users/username/AppData/Local/Temp/tmp/AE8.tmp I have received differing responses to this issue: 1) enable the Run command on the Start menu of our XenApp server for the regular domain users, which I view as a big security risk 2) "the UserData folder does not exist in the %ap...

Report Server Error 09-28-07
After uninstalling MSCRM from my server, I tried installing it again. This has led me to the problem of the report server. I'm using the default server name http://<servername>/reportserver and it's still not realizing that it is actually there and fully running. I've checked the Services section of my server and also checked the individual server status. Both are running within normal parameters. Before the uninstall, the report server was running properly and CRM recognised that it was actually there. Any ideas? ....reed Is this SQL Server 2000 or 2005 SRS? 1. Fo...

Counting in a Report
I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header text box on my report: =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) Now in the footer of my report I want to add the result of those text boxes in another text box. What should I enter for the Control Source of that text box? Thanks, CEV "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message <evr8e50dpb@enews1.newsguy.com>: > I have the following entered for the Control Source in a group header > text box on my report: > > =Abs(Sum([CountOfGoal])) > > Now in the footer of my report I want to add the re...

Report header below page header
I want a report heading on the first page - but I would like it to be below the page header (so that my page header is identically positioned on all pages). Alternatively I want a part of my page header only displayed on the first page. How can this be made? -- Diane I expect you could create a new Group Header section on a constant like: =1 Display the header for this group. It will display only once and will be positioned below the first Page Header section. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "DianePDavies" wrote: > I want a report headin...

Weekly Resource Utilization Report without Timesheet module?
We are considering dropping the timesheet module of PWA 2007 and was wondering if we would still be able to get a report out that would detail the number of hours used by a resource by project task and by week. My gut feel is that it should be able to, but not sure there are any canned reports that is available for this purpose within Resource Center or Project Center. Kahuna: you can get this from the OLAP cube using the MSP_Project_Timesheet cube. Understand that Project Managers can change actual work values in projects unless you lock down the system. So, your decision mus...

Still column space after making row group hidden
In a SSRS 2008 report I have a number of parent level row groups which the previous group set the hidden value of the child group. I have the canshrink set to True of the cells however this still leaves a blank space where the group data was. Is it possible to remove this blank space from the report when that row group is hidden in a tablix? ...

Graphic report in Report writer
Hi, I have modified the Short SOP invoice form to a graphic report. My issue is when I print the report on screen all the fields display correctly as modified. But when printing on paper most of the fields do not display correctly. What I see is that on the place where data should be printed some strange characters are displayed. I tried to print on different printers and different workstations, but still this issue remains. Also at the client site the same issue remains. Does anybody have an idea of how this should be solved? Looking forward for an solution, -- Elaine ...

SSL
Hi, I finally have a working SBS 2003 SP1 install of CRM3.0 using SSL. I can access reportserver and reportmanager directly, but trying to run the reports through the CRM interface results in 'unable to establish trust' type error (after I turned on error display) I am currently using a private cert (possibly mismatched server name) - I have to accept this condition on initially opening - and wondered if this might be the issue? I saw somewhere that I could say for RS not to check the cert detail - but where please? TIA Chris ...

Get Report Name
I have a report selection form that allows the user to select multiple reports to preview. They have the ability to check a box that automatically sends each report to a separate pdf with a predefined name and path, using the CreateReportToPDF code by Stephen Lebans. What I want to do now is allow the user to preview multiple reports but selectively send reports to pdf. I have a custom reports tool bar, I’ve added a button but can’t figure out how to determine the name of the report the user is viewing. Thanks for your help, Jim Not sure but, I imagine you could loop through the R...