Sales for Outlook through VPN connection

Everyone in the company that is in sales and that do not
have an office are having no luck running CRM Sales for
Outlook through a VPN connection.  Upon learning about
this (Wednesday) I tried for 5 hours to get mine to work
at home with no luck.  Everyone has the same result: it
makes Outlook crash.  Is there something we need to do to
tweek it a little bit so that we can use all the
functionality?  Please advise.
0
Dave
2/11/2005 4:57:30 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

make sure you have used the performance updates for the outlook client.
Beyond that its a performance issue. The first time you go offline in the
sfo client you are supposed to be connected to the corporate network. Have
users gone offline before or is this the first time?

--
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP

"Dave" <dkoleno@cancerconsultantsinc.com> wrote in message
> Everyone in the company that is in sales and that do not
> have an office are having no luck running CRM Sales for
> Outlook through a VPN connection.  Upon learning about
> this (Wednesday) I tried for 5 hours to get mine to work
> at home with no luck.  Everyone has the same result: it
> makes Outlook crash.  Is there something we need to do to
> tweek it a little bit so that we can use all the
> functionality?  Please advise.

0
John
2/11/2005 5:01:31 PM
Dave.
Here are some items that I have found useful in the past:

1-	When you say outlook crashed, do you mean that it appears to be
hanging? If so, the first time you connect to CRM through outlook (not
even go offline) it has some updating to do. If you leave it alone for
a while (10-30 mins sometimes remotely) it will load and be good to go.
If it appears to be hanging, that's at least a good sign that
you're connecting. If you kill outlook, you'll most likely have to
re-register the add-in.
2-	If you can't get connected in outlook, try going to the server
using the web browser and saving your password (or in windows XP you
can manage passwords in user accounts) and then open outlook and see if
you're connecting.
3-	See if adding the crm server to your systems host file helps
4-	Have users set up their computer login to automatically dial the VPN
connection when they log in so that they are getting credentials from
the domain.
5-	If all else fails, make sure they are actually logging into the
domain and are domain users

<Disclaimer>
I hate posting in newsgroups anymore because someone will ultimately
have a problem with something that I've said, so I'll apologize in
advice and hope that this was helpful.
</Disclaimer>
Regards,
Bryan

0
bscattergood
2/11/2005 9:25:13 PM
"Dave" <dkoleno@cancerconsultantsinc.com> wrote in message news:<164f01c5105a$c5d15aa0$a401280a@phx.gbl>...
> Everyone in the company that is in sales and that do not
> have an office are having no luck running CRM Sales for
> Outlook through a VPN connection.  Upon learning about
> this (Wednesday) I tried for 5 hours to get mine to work
> at home with no luck.  Everyone has the same result: it
> makes Outlook crash.  Is there something we need to do to
> tweek it a little bit so that we can use all the
> functionality?  Please advise.

Hi Dave,

We are using it through a MS VPN without any problems and with very
good response time.  Can you tell me which VPN you are using and what
do you mean by Outlook crashes.

Regards,
0
agentilcore
2/12/2005 1:50:26 AM
Hi Dave,
Can understand your frustration. We are suffering from
similar problems. The first time an Outlook Client
goes 'Offline'....it takes around 21hrs to complete the
sync process. Regardless of whether we're connected by
LAN or Remote VPN. What it looks like is that the data is
downloaded to the client, index'd, then more data is
downloaded. Annoying!! Noticed that a minimum of 1Gb of
memory would be highly beneficial. As during the time of
the sync process, the laptop is virtually dead. SQL
appears to suck up all the memory it can.
Am now looking towards whether the FastSync Process may
speed this up. FYI. On my laptop, ran the first Sync
Process several days ago and it took 21hrs to complete.
Now running the 2nd sync process to see whether it speeds
up due to data changes. Has been running for almost 2hrs.
If it ever completes, gonna see whether the FastSync
makes any difference!

0
Steve

OUTLOOK NEWS #2
Once again my news does not work. When I click it, I get a folder full of outlook stuff. This has happened before and someone here helped me. I, unfortunately, do not remember what to do. Next time I will save the instructions as this seems to be happening again and again. The word news appears at the top but when clicked there is nothing but the folder. Help Please! Thanks! You mean you cannot start the Newsreader from within Outlook? Go to Internet Explorer and make sure Outlook Express is set as the default newreader. For other solutions see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/news....

Distribution Lists in Outlook XP
In Outlook XP, you can create a distribution list and store it in your Contacts folder. When I try to forward the distribution list that I created as an attachment in an email message to someone using Outlook 98, they do not see the distribution list when they double click on the attachment. In fact, the attachment appears as if it is a message and the subject of the message is the name of the distribution list. The Outlook 98 user does not see the members in the distribution list. I suspect that this is a compatibility issue between the two different versions of Outlook. I'm wonderin...

Date white-out in Outlook 2002
Hi again. I'm not sure what causes it, but when viewing my calendar and clicking on any date, that specific day's number show white causing me not to see it. Is there a way I can fix this? -- Regards, Deon H what windows theme are you using? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchang...

Duplicated messages during importing from Outlook Express
I now have duplicates of ever message..any suggestions on how to delete all my messages and re-import from outlook express... Thanks Try select all control A to select all message in your mailbox and press your delete key if you want to delte all messages. When you import there should be an option to check for duplicates as well. >-----Original Message----- >I now have duplicates of ever message..any suggestions on >how to delete all my messages and re-import from outlook >express... > >Thanks >. > Vince <vjong@adelphia.net> wrote: > I now have...

Outlook XP #30
I have encountered a problem with Outlook on my network. I autoarchive my emails daily to a store on my server. The problem is that if my server store is unavailable I get not only an error message but also a new 'Personal Folders' in my folders list. This new folder contain no data and it cannot be deleted either. How do I get rid of this folder? When my archiving works correctly I have an 'Archive Folder' in my folders list. Kevin See my reply to your post in microsoft.public.office.misc. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT ...

Sales entry error
Hi, I have created a sales order that have not been posted and I have saved the transaction. At this point the something happen to the server and I was logged out from GP. After logging back, I cannot retrieve the transaction, the error message state this transaction have been posted. Is there a way I can recover this transaction so that I can post it? Thanks. Hi, Please try to run check link on Sales Transaction module. System will resolve unsaved half information. Regards, Santosh "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A0D1E9D-FF7F-4A...

Workflow manager, sales process
When we are dealing with complex sales processes,how can we implement alternative sales processes? for instance: After a first meeting with the customer we have to decide one of two ways: 1- to do the proposal 2- book another meeting In either cases follow different set of stages. how can we do this? TIA. 1) Create each sales process as a manual sales process. 2) Create a rule to be invoked on create of opportunity. In that rule do the following: If <some condition> then Exec: salesprocess1 else if <some condition> then Exec: salesprocess2 end if Rgds, Per >-----Or...

No longer can connect to Hotmail.......
Outlook 2007 on Vista Ultimate 32 bit........ I have a paid hotmail account that I have been happily using for 2 years now. I always check it via outlook (2003 and 2007). In 2007, for about the past 45 days, I would get intermittent dialog boxes asking me to confirm my password. I would, and I would select remember this password and things would continue - until about 3 days ago. Then the dialog boxes would not go away in Outlook 2007. It constantly asked me for my password and would not connect to my hotmail account. I logged in to my hotmail account via the web to make sure I wa...

Sales Territory History
Where would these figures come from? Sales Transactions? Sales, Invoicing and RM as commissions are calculated for each salesperson. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "rcr" wrote: > Where would these figures come from? Sales Transactions? ...

Stopping Exchange Connect on Different PC
I used to use a work pc with Outlook using Exchange for work email; used O. Express for personal email. I got a new pc and just installed a new copy of Outlook 2007 on it to use for my personal email, but it is trying to connect to the work exchange from my work pc (I did copy files from the work pc to my new personal pc). I can't get into Outlook to configure for my personal email. I don't have connection to old work email anymore, so I can't access Outlook at all. Hi Tracy, create a new Email account but don�t use an "Exchange Account" if you creat...

Outlook deleting server messages
I have recently installed Outlook 2007 on my laptop running Windows 7. When I open Outlook, it downloads my emails and automatically deletes them from the server. I need them left on the server so that I can download the same messages on other computers. How can I adjust the setting in Outlook to leave the messages on the server? Using POP3? Open your account settings of the POP3 account-> button More Settings...-> tab Advanced -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, A...

Switching from outlook express to office outlook 2003?
them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how to switch to it and get all email and addresses from outlook express and import to office outlook 2003. Do I just delete outlook express? -- dagnag You don't have to delete Outlook Express. Just go into OUTLOOK. Click on Tools, Options. Now click on the 'Other' Tab - now check the box to make Outlook the default email program. "dagnag" wrote: > them I already have office outlook 2003 installed. But can't figure out how > to switch to it and get all email and addresses fr...

Outlook form - Checkbox
Dear all, Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I would like to have a different background color of the contact form for these contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The contacts are stored in the Public Folders. Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the checkbox is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)? Kind regards, Simon You can design your own custom contact form for this; Tools-> Forms-> ...

Outlook 2000/ ME Error message
When attempting to open any e-mail, I get a "Outlook has caused an error in MS09.DLL Outlook will now close" I can view the message in the preview pane, but not open it. I have downloaded and applied all patches/fixes on both the Windows Update and Office Update websites. I tried running detect and repair to no avail. Any ideas? ...

Can't connect to Exchange server
Hello, I am having a problem configuring an account on Outlook XP. I can ping the Exchange server, both by IP address and by host name. When i try to configure the client to connect to the Exchange server I get an error saying that it could not locate the server. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled, repaired, done everything I could think off but I can not get it going. Obviously there is something I'm not doing right. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Rather then typin in the name of the exchange, can you connect if you use it's ip address? This sounds like a w...

Unable to detect language settings in eventviewer Outlook Client 4
Hello, another problem with the outlook client 4.0. A view machines get the following error in the eventlog : Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMAddin Event Category: None Event ID: 5909 Date: 7/11/2008 Time: 9:27:42 AM User: N/A Computer: NLCAPD9VQS72J Description: The Microsoft CRM Outlook add-in failed to initialize the user's language setting. Restart Microsoft Outlook and try again. HR=0x8013150b. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=650. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. The user has FULL access to...

send and receive wiht VPN connexion
Hello, I use Outlook in disconnected mode all the time. I have set up Outlook to start a VPN connexion automatically. Then when I press the "send & receive" button here what happen each time. 1- The VPN start automatically. 2- Outlook tries to synchronize while the connexion is done 3- Outlook starts to synchronize when the connexion is establish 4- The VPN close 3 or 5 seconds after the connexion has been established 5- Outlook gives me a send and receives error. (Of course the VPN get close before the end of the sync) This was working fine with W2K and Out...

Outlook Express
When composing an email is it possible to move the margin on the right the way the lefthand side can be indented? Does that make sense? -- LibraLady1 You need to ask your question in the Outlook Express newsgroup http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general&cat=en_US_84883150-57ad-41d0-b145-8f6c650b58ef&lang=en&cr=US -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "TeresaEllen" <TeresaEllen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Outlook internet history
Is there a way to erase the internet history like you can do in Internet Explorer? ...

XPrint and Outlook 2003
About a third of the machines that we've deployed Outlook 2003 to will crash if the XPrint add-in is loaded. The error happens when you open a message, print it, and then close the message. Outlook will crash out when the message is closed and put the following in the event log: Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.5510.0, stamp 3f1380f0, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, stamp 00000000, debug? 0, fault address 0x00000038. It doesn't matter if the message being printed is a custom for or a normal mail message, if the XPrint add-in is loaded, Outlook will crash. Any...

how to I get 2010 beta OneNote to be active in 2010 beta outlook
I added OneNote Quick tab to Outlook, but it is not active. How do I make it active? "Quick Tab"? Can you clarify what you mean? What steps diod you take in Outlook (what version?) to get this to appear and what exactly doesn't work? =?Utf-8?B?U01H?= <SMG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:131F64B7-0948-4C1A-B684-0ADCD0BBB3A9@microsoft.com: > I added OneNote Quick tab to Outlook, but it is not active. How do I > make it active? > I am running the Office 2010 Professional Plus Beta. I said quick tab, after checking it is actually...

Outlook 2003 stop receiving email
I have a client who is using MS Outlook 2003, and as of yesterday she can no longer receive email, she can send but nothing comes in. We use OWA and we see all her email that should be coming in but isn't. Any ideas why or how can I check the SMTP/POP3 ports to make sure they are 25 and 110? Thanks, ...

unintentional BCC Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000
I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened in a simple 'reply all' as well, when no one was using BCC. Any ideas? -- regards, Zach ZachP wrote: > I have several users who send mail and the message gets delivered but > the recipient sees it as a BCC; it's internal mail; usually this is a > result of allowing the autocomplete of the address but it's happened > in a simple 'reply all'...

Transfer Outlook Express to Outlook #2
I have just purchased a new computer which will have Outllook 2007 installed. I currently use Outlook Express as my email reader. Will it be possible to transfer all of my OE folders and messages to the new Outlook, and if so, how easy (or complicated) will that be ? begin 666 p.gif M1TE&.#EAU0`.`)$``/___P``_P`````*(R'Y! $`````+ ````#5``X```+_ MA(^IR^T/HYRTVHNAR+P?L7EB%P1&V: C!;9?UX:KA@WV;=QXK@^\7BFI`*JA MPG@T'9 8&2#DM#BCLP558E-D>=S$UC)4,A?CI?)TYDP-LMB+K;BR77/0T_ZA MUZ/N._YYY^4C>+#U53@8E&:&9E8DMDB4%B;$^&BT!A@'QXD@EP#UIIGYJ6DZ M>G78!6"8B&...

How to add a button to Outlook's toolbar?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C50D17.83CA0170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I want to add a button to Outlook's toolbar. When user click the button, = it starts an application. Do you know how to do it or you know any = information on this type of thing? Thanks, Dennis Huang ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C50D17.83CA0170 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4....