Sales for Outlook installation - server not found

I am getting the error on several versions of
Outlook "Setup was unable to find an instance of the
Microsoft CRM Server components".  I have tried on PCs
running Office 2000 and Office XP with the same result.
Here are the details of the installation:

server has host name mscrm; is entered in DNS with same
correct name
--have tried in URL mscrm.xxx.com, crm alias to mscrm, the
IP address, with/without http:// in front of it

I verified on the CRM server itself that it is an AD
member, is running the Indexing service, Message Queuing,
and the CRM Security service.  In fact, I re-registered
the Security service to be a dependency of SQL Server.  I
also applied all patches and service packs available for
Windows 2000 itself and SQL 2000.

I ran setup /LV to capture the installation, and the last
step is:
CheckPlatformUrl, connecting to
http://mscrm/MSCRMServices/BizUser.srf

Thanks in advance for tips or solutions
0
James
5/13/2004 4:26:13 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I should mention that the web interface works great.  I
had to add  /loader.aspx for several users with pop-ups,
but just no go on the SFO installation.
Thanks

0
James
5/13/2004 4:41:47 PM
I'm having the same problem. If you goto
http://mscrm/MSCRMServices/BizUser.srf are you getting 500 internal server
error? If so I'm guessing it's the exact same problem I'm having. If anyone
knows of a solution please help out!

Thanks
Josh

"James" <nospam-jwright516@attbi.com> wrote in message
> I should mention that the web interface works great.  I
> had to add  /loader.aspx for several users with pop-ups,
> but just no go on the SFO installation.
> Thanks

0
Josh
5/13/2004 6:56:21 PM
Was anyone able to find the answer to this. I am having the exact same
problem. Any hints are appreciated. Thx in advance..

Waseem

"Josh Neta" <jneta@rhinosystems.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the same problem. If you goto
> http://mscrm/MSCRMServices/BizUser.srf are you getting 500 internal server
> error? If so I'm guessing it's the exact same problem I'm having. If
anyone
> knows of a solution please help out!
>
> Thanks
> Josh
>

> "James" <nospam-jwright516@attbi.com> wrote in message
> > I should mention that the web interface works great.  I
> > had to add  /loader.aspx for several users with pop-ups,
> > but just no go on the SFO installation.
> > Thanks

0
Waseem
5/14/2004 2:22:35 PM
I just had this problem the last week. I basically had to recreate the IIS
mapping for the .srf files. Here is what I did:

- Open IIS Manager
- Open the properties for the MSCRMServices folder for the MSCRM web site
- Click the  Application Settings - Configuration button on the Virtual
Directory tab
- In the Application Extensions area check if a .srf entry exists
- If not create one and and point the executable field to "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll"
- I am not sure whether the permitted verbs should be limited, but setting
this to All works.
- That's it.

Not sure if I had to restart IIS, but it should work again.

Aaron

"Waseem Ahmed" <waseem.ahmed@softwareservices.net> wrote in message
> Was anyone able to find the answer to this. I am having the exact same
> problem. Any hints are appreciated. Thx in advance..
>
> Waseem
>

> "Josh Neta" <jneta@rhinosystems.com> wrote in message
>> I'm having the same problem. If you goto
>> http://mscrm/MSCRMServices/BizUser.srf are you getting 500 internal
>> server
>> error? If so I'm guessing it's the exact same problem I'm having. If
> anyone
>> knows of a solution please help out!
>>
>> Thanks
>> Josh
>>

>> "James" <nospam-jwright516@attbi.com> wrote in message
>> > I should mention that the web interface works great.  I
>> > had to add  /loader.aspx for several users with pop-ups,
>> > but just no go on the SFO installation.
>> > Thanks

0
Aaron
5/14/2004 3:18:55 PM
I verified the mappings but its still the same. Any other ideas...Thanks in
Advancs...

Waseem

"Aaron Hardwick" <dooscooby@spamfree.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I just had this problem the last week. I basically had to recreate the IIS
> mapping for the .srf files. Here is what I did:
>
> - Open IIS Manager
> - Open the properties for the MSCRMServices folder for the MSCRM web site
> - Click the  Application Settings - Configuration button on the Virtual
> Directory tab
> - In the Application Extensions area check if a .srf entry exists
> - If not create one and and point the executable field to "C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll"
> - I am not sure whether the permitted verbs should be limited, but setting
> this to All works.
> - That's it.
>
> Not sure if I had to restart IIS, but it should work again.
>
> Aaron
>

> "Waseem Ahmed" <waseem.ahmed@softwareservices.net> wrote in message
> > Was anyone able to find the answer to this. I am having the exact same
> > problem. Any hints are appreciated. Thx in advance..
> >
> > Waseem
> >

> > "Josh Neta" <jneta@rhinosystems.com> wrote in message
> >> I'm having the same problem. If you goto
> >> http://mscrm/MSCRMServices/BizUser.srf are you getting 500 internal
> >> server
> >> error? If so I'm guessing it's the exact same problem I'm having. If
> > anyone
> >> knows of a solution please help out!
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >> Josh
> >>

> >> "James" <nospam-jwright516@attbi.com> wrote in message

0
Waseem
5/14/2004 4:54:08 PM
I have seen this error when outlook for crm was already installed. or not
uninstalled properly

> I verified the mappings but its still the same. Any other ideas...Thanks
in
> Advancs...
>
> Waseem
>

> "Aaron Hardwick" <dooscooby@spamfree.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > I just had this problem the last week. I basically had to recreate the
IIS
> > mapping for the .srf files. Here is what I did:
> >
> > - Open IIS Manager
> > - Open the properties for the MSCRMServices folder for the MSCRM web
site
> > - Click the  Application Settings - Configuration button on the Virtual
> > Directory tab
> > - In the Application Extensions area check if a .srf entry exists
> > - If not create one and and point the executable field to "C:\Program
> > Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll"
> > - I am not sure whether the permitted verbs should be limited, but
setting
> > this to All works.
> > - That's it.
> >
> > Not sure if I had to restart IIS, but it should work again.
> >
> > Aaron
> >

> > "Waseem Ahmed" <waseem.ahmed@softwareservices.net> wrote in message
> > > Was anyone able to find the answer to this. I am having the exact same
> > > problem. Any hints are appreciated. Thx in advance..
> > >
> > > Waseem
> > >

> > > "Josh Neta" <jneta@rhinosystems.com> wrote in message
> > > anyone

0
John
5/14/2004 5:53:15 PM
well mine never installed at all. This is the first time I am trying to
install. Thanks...

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:e1TDOydOEHA.3884@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I have seen this error when outlook for crm was already installed. or not
> uninstalled properly
>

> "Waseem Ahmed" <waseem.ahmed@softwareservices.net> wrote in message
> > I verified the mappings but its still the same. Any other ideas...Thanks
> in
> > Advancs...
> >
> > Waseem
> >

> > "Aaron Hardwick" <dooscooby@spamfree.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > I just had this problem the last week. I basically had to recreate the
> IIS
> > > mapping for the .srf files. Here is what I did:
> > >
> > > - Open IIS Manager
> > > - Open the properties for the MSCRMServices folder for the MSCRM web
> site
> > > - Click the  Application Settings - Configuration button on the
Virtual
> > > Directory tab
> > > - In the Application Extensions area check if a .srf entry exists
> > > - If not create one and and point the executable field to "C:\Program
> > > Files\Microsoft CRM\Server\bin\CrmIsapi.dll"
> > > - I am not sure whether the permitted verbs should be limited, but
> setting
> > > this to All works.
> > > - That's it.
> > >
> > > Not sure if I had to restart IIS, but it should work again.
> > >
> > > Aaron
> > >

> > > "Waseem Ahmed" <waseem.ahmed@softwareservices.net> wrote in message

If

0
Waseem

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Reading SQL Server Extended Properties

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Installation 11-08-07

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Reporting from Project Server

will CRM load on a 2003 server?

Document Viewer installer error

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Installing Active Directory connector?
We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My question is, do we have to install the active directory connector on the 2000 Domain server, or could we install it on the 2003 server? eotrue wrote: > We are installing a 2003 exchange on a 2003 server in a > 2000 domain. We also have a 5.5 sp4 machine running on > 2000 sp 4, and once 2003 is installed, we are going to > move the mail boxes from the 5.5 machine. My q...