running crm

will we encounter any problems while running CRM (it runs on a 32bit
processor) on a 64bit
processor?

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

AFAIK, CRM will not install on x64 servers. The environmental diagnostic in
the CRM installation routine checks for MSXML 4.0 and doesn't find it. 64 bit
Windows Server requires MSXML 6.0, which, although "backwards compatible"
does not
satisfy the CRM environmental check. However, that being said, MS has just
released an update to the code for CRM 3.0 so it will run on SBS 2003 R2. I
wonder if they also made any modifications for 64-bit servers? It's worth
checking with MS first before trying this out.
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Heti" wrote:

> will we encounter any problems while running CRM (it runs on a 32bit
> processor) on a 64bit
> processor?

you can install the 32bit OS on a 64bit chip and still get good performance.
Microsoft does support a 64bit sql but not web server

==============================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

"MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> AFAIK, CRM will not install on x64 servers. The environmental diagnostic
> in
> the CRM installation routine checks for MSXML 4.0 and doesn't find it. 64
> bit
> Windows Server requires MSXML 6.0, which, although "backwards compatible"
> does not
> satisfy the CRM environmental check. However, that being said, MS has just
> released an update to the code for CRM 3.0 so it will run on SBS 2003 R2.
> wonder if they also made any modifications for 64-bit servers? It's worth
> checking with MS first before trying this out.
> --
> Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
> http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com
>

> "Heti" wrote:
>
>> will we encounter any problems while running CRM (it runs on a 32bit
>> processor) on a 64bit
>> processor?

0
John

crm token #3
when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) immediatly in the subject of the message i just see the icon without the token number No, you cant able to see token right. it will append when perform send event -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "daoud hanna" wrote: > when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) > immediatly in the subject of the message > i just see the icon without the to...

Error when adding new user to CRM
Hello all, I need to add 5 new users into CRM. When I complete the first form for the user information such as Last name, First name, email address, etc, then click the save button I receive an error page and the following message is logged in the Application log. MSCRM Platform Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: The statement has been terminated. Error Message: The statement has been terminated. Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Source File: Not avail...

Track in CRM function
Hello. Upon selecting the “Track In CRM” button from the CRM line in Outlook I have two questions based on situation: 1) If the contact exists in CRM it appears to attach the email but provides no notice unless you try to attach it again? True? 2) If the contact does not exist it attaches the email where? In v1.2 it opened a window and made the user create a record. I think it is attaching or tracking the email in CRM somewhere because trying to do it again, I'm asked if you want to attach/track it again. Does this make sense? By the way, we are using CRM 3.0 Thanks. After c...

CRM 3 Slow Web Interface
Hello, I have 1 installation on Win2003 SBS Premium with 2GB Memory. The server performance is usually at 5% but the CRM 3.0 Web Client is very slow, it takes a minute to load the page from Account to Contacts in local network. the settings tabs works fast, e.g. settings > templates > e-mail templates but if I click in workplace then it takes a minute to load the page any ideas on how to fix it ? thank you athan Athan, there are many aspects to performance, so I don't know of any simple answers but I have a few questions. Once the pages have been loaded for the first time ...

Printing single labels directly from CRM 4.0
Hi! We are currently moving from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0 while at the same time introducing many new users to the system. One feature that we would like to have, partly to satisfy new users, would be to print individual account's or contact's addresses to a labelwriter. Basically, the idea would be that from any view you could select 1-n accounts or contacts, then click print label on the toolbar, and then the labels would print from your selected labelprinter. Especially when printing only one or a few labels, this approach would be preferable to printing eg through mailmerge. I'm n...

Migrating data from ACT to CRM (how to get at act! data)
I intend on using the DMF to migrate data to CRM. The question I have is how do I get at the underlying database that ACT uses. I see the MS excel file for ACT has table and field mappings but I need to do some specialized SQL. I can't seem to figure out though how to get into the SQL database where the ACT information is stored. How do I log into that database? Thanks! -Elie From my days working with ACT, I thought the databse was built around Microsoft Access. If indeed the databas is SQL then you should be able to get your SQL DBA to grant you access to the SQL Database. -- Rgds...

problems sending email with crm 1.2
Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was working just fine, today my boss wanted to send an email with crm and the following message appear "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator.",every user when is trying to send an email the same message appear even with the administrator account. WHAT TO DO PLEASE HELP Did you install the CRM Exchange E-Mail router? "Nepdy" wrote: > Anybody please help me, i installed the MS CRM 1.2 like 2 months ago, it was > working just fine, today my boss wan...

How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ?
How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) In news:u6NrOZiyFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl, RikS <riks.tw@yahoo.com.tw> typed: > How to disable BCC field in Outlook 2003 clients running on Exchange > 2003 ? (make BCC field unvalible) Don't know how you'd do this offhand, but I wouldn't. If users are misusing BCC, educate them, and make this an HR issue. It really isn't a technical one. HI Riks go to new mail over there on toolbar u will be getting option in that opti...

screen freeze after long time running
Hi I have a program written in Microsoft Visual C++ .NET . Its interface is based on CFormView. It includes three tabs to show information and plots. The plots are made by BitBlt() which copies data from the vectors to the screen around every 5 minutes. The problem is that after the program runs continuously for more than 3 days the screen freezes. Nothing is updated. I have to minimize the window and it may return to normal look. Some static labels on the interface also freeze or appear strange look. Does anyone have similar experience ? Thank you for your hints or suggestions! <e...

How can i null out a field going through CRM Update object
I have a custom field that i want to set back to null. Any ideas how i can do this through the object.update function? thanks ...

CRM 3 Talking Stock & Finance Software
Hello all, I want to integrate MS Crm 3 and our stock & finance software Any body can help me ? Stock software using MS Sql Server DB. they have installed same server. for example When i create an account in stock software or CRM account must be create both. How ? I'd look into the following to support your integration requirements: 1. 3rd Party Microsoft CRM Integration software with ODBC support such as Scribe Software: http://www.scribesoftware.com/mscrm.asp 2. Microsoft CRM SDK to custom build the integration: v3.0 SDK: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.as...

How to get rid of unwanted entries in the Outlook CRM tree view
Hello, If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the tree view of Microsoft CRM. But it how can you remove this entry again? Only by re-installing CRM? Thanks, Alex Are you talking for CRM 3, Humm, that actually sounds like a bug in outlook. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Alex (crm-resultants.nl)" wrote: > Hello, > > If you use the crm outlook client you can easily create a new entry in the > tree view of Microsof...

Word/Office Integration as seen at CRM 3.0 Partner Readiness Event
Has anyone seen available resources on integration to Office 2003 applications such as Word?? I saw this demo'd at a Partner Readiness event back in Nov. 2005 and they showed a very tight integration with Word for not only mail merge and easy template building (with CRM fields available), but also a task pane that allowed update/edit of existing CRM records within Word. This was being demo'd as "CRM 3.0 tightly integrated with Office"...Ok, so where is this resource? Also, does anyone know where I can find the supposed 100+ CRM web parts for SharePoint?? thanks, A...

CRM 1.2 07-27-06
My company wants to move away from CRM 1.2. They want to keep using the CRM database because of the volume of data that resides their. Can they still use the CRM database after the CRM 1.2 license expires? Yes. You own the data. As for the "license", it doesn't really expire. You have the rights to use the software, but you have a support contract which will expire. Once that expires, you will not be able to get free upgrade tot he software, but you can still continue to use the app. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hammer" <Hammer@discussions.microso...

OL Contact -> CRM 3.0 Account ?
From what I know so far, I can enable an Outlook contact for tracking in CRM which in fact after creation of the contact in CRM creates a bidirectional link b/w the Outlook und CRM representation of the contact, tracking and automatically synchronizing changes between the two. So far so good. Now, quite a few of the contacts we have in our Outlook environement are really accounts (in CRM speak). Is there any (built-in or other) way to migrate them from Outlook to CRM Accounts without having to reenter all the data? Thanks, Markus And to extend the scope: What about the other dire...

Error Message when viewing CRM 4.0 Reports
We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with HTTP Unauthorized 401 Any suggestions? This is a new install. "Chris Timms" <ChrisTimms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E4DDBE2-58EC-408F-82E8-3B7EF531D392@microsoft.com... > We recieve the following event error when attempting to access any report. > > http://<reportserver>/reportserver failed. Error: The request failed with > HTTP Unauthorized 401 > > Any suggestions? Thi...

is it possible to host multiple CRM databases on 1 SQL server?
Hi, Is it possible to host two separate (on premise) CRM server databases on one SQL server? I am trying to achieve the above scenario, but there can only be one MSCRM_config database on any one instance of the SQL server. The Implementation guide isn't too clear about what to do in this situation. - Can two CRM databases share the same MSCRM_config file? - Do I need to install another instance of SQL server for the second CRM database? Or is there another solution? Thanks Depends on your CRM installation. If you are running the Enterprise version, then you can add a new org...

Email automation of CRM per product according to sales cycle
Is there a way to automate Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 to email a set of contact records every 10 days according to product interest and according to where in the sales cycle that contact is? I hope I’m able to put pen to paper here and explain this clearly… The sales cycles is viewed as a Bell-Curve that begins at ‘Hello’ at the far left of the curve to ‘Starting to think about a product and collecting information’ as they climb up the curve to ‘Buying’ at the top of the curve and ‘Follow-up’ items such as warranty items or asking for a reference at the far right of the ...

conditional running sum
Is it possible to have a conditional running sum in access. I have found for Excel but no details for access 2007. I would like to have in a report or query that will have a weekly grouping. I have a query that has calculations in it and that will be by source. I have the following sample fields: Date Adbn% 01/01/09 (Mon) 5% 01/02/09 (Tues) 6% 01/03/09 (Wed) 9% 01/04/09 (Thurs) 6% 01/05/09 (Fri) 8% I need it to end up with the following: Date Abdn% 01/01/09 5% 01/02/09 5.5% Avg of Mon&Tues 01/03/09 6.6% Avg Mon...

Signature for Email from CRM Contact
How do you get the signature on an email that is generated from the Contact Enity. The outlook signature works from the CRM standard tool bar. IS there something I am missing You'll want to setup an email template...I haven't figured out how to get my company logo in yet, but that's where you'll want to start... James Sanford "Brenda" wrote: > How do you get the signature on an email that is generated from the Contact > Enity. The outlook signature works from the CRM standard tool bar. IS there > something I am missing Thank you. I am also hav...

Multiple CRM Servers with Multiple Exchange Servers
I've read several places that you can't have multiple CRM servers in a single domain work properly b/c the Exchange Router will only work with one Exchange server. What if you have multiple Exchange servers? Can you use say CRM Server 1 with Exchange Server 1 and CRM Server 2 with Exchange Server 2? yes this should work as each exchange server will also have a microsoft crm exchange connector on it which will only communicate with one crm web server "TG" <TG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E82D2C8B-CA11-4B66-BF28-083CF98E49A2@microsoft.com......

caching tool for Microsoft CRM
I saw "caching tool for Microsoft CRM" at the website : http://blogs.msdn.com/joris_kalz/default.aspx?p=2 Anybody tried this tool before? any troubles or does it really worth to try? thanx. Yes, I had used, it depends on your requirements to use this tool. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "ismail" wrote: > I saw "caching tool for Microsoft CRM" at the website : > http://blogs.msdn.com/joris_kalz/default.aspx?p=2 > Anybody tried thi...

CRM Workflow Manager #2
Does it matter where you run the CRM workflow manager from in terms of your entire network or from the CRM server? thanks with CRM 3.0 you can only through CRM server, with CRM 4.0 now you are able to create workflow any system -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "Robin AGSS" wrote: > Does it matter where you run the CRM workflow manager from in terms of your > entire network or from the CRM server? > thanks Thanks Imran. We had a strange occurrence ye...

FAX Activity BUG in CRM 3.0
OK, I asked a question twice previously why faxes don't appear as history items under contacts. Since no one responded to my questions I spent considerable time myself to find that there is a bug with Fax activities. Basically if you look under workplace and activites with a filter on faxes you will find your sent faxes. However it doesn't seem to matter where you create these faxes and attempt to link them to your contacts they will NOT show in the history of the contact that you have linked them to and/or created them in. It's a Bug that MS needs to fix in the next patch...

Running File Based Anti-Virus software on an Exchange server
We have an Server 2003/Exchange 2003 box for mail processing only. We also run on that machine a file-based antivirus solution to protect the non-mail directories from virus'. I recently read that microsoft does nto recommend doing this. We don't exclude any directories at this point, though I am considering excluding the mail/iis directories from scanning. I couldn't find anything on Microsoft's site about this. Any one hear of this or have experience with this? Thanx! This link explains what to exclude: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823166&a...