Run Workflow button is not displayed

Hi,
I have defined an on-demand workflow for a custom entity. As an 
administrator I can see Run Workflow button in both views and form of the 
custom object, but a user with salesperson role cannot see the button. I 
checked that Salesperson role has "Execute Workflow Job" permission enabled. 
I appreciate your advise.

-------------------
Ali B
0
AliB (4)
4/24/2008 9:16:00 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
419 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

On the workflow itself chec kthe Scope is set to the appropriate level. Or 
other wise share the workflow with any user you like using Actions > Sharing

-- 
Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
Lead Developer 
Aviva IT  

Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: 
http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx



"Ali B" wrote:

> Hi,
> I have defined an on-demand workflow for a custom entity. As an 
> administrator I can see Run Workflow button in both views and form of the 
> custom object, but a user with salesperson role cannot see the button. I 
> checked that Salesperson role has "Execute Workflow Job" permission enabled. 
> I appreciate your advise.
> 
> -------------------
> Ali B
0
Patrick2861 (490)
4/25/2008 11:18:01 AM
Thanks Patrick.
I'll try sharing to see if it helps. But I have set the scope to 
Organization, shouldn't it work already?
-- 
Ali B


"Patrick" wrote:

> On the workflow itself chec kthe Scope is set to the appropriate level. Or 
> other wise share the workflow with any user you like using Actions > Sharing
> 
> -- 
> Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> Lead Developer 
> Aviva IT  
> 
> Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: 
> http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx
> 
> 
> 
> "Ali B" wrote:
> 
> > Hi,
> > I have defined an on-demand workflow for a custom entity. As an 
> > administrator I can see Run Workflow button in both views and form of the 
> > custom object, but a user with salesperson role cannot see the button. I 
> > checked that Salesperson role has "Execute Workflow Job" permission enabled. 
> > I appreciate your advise.
> > 
> > -------------------
> > Ali B
0
AliB (4)
4/25/2008 2:05:01 PM
I have found that the scope only does something if one of the 'start when' 
boxes is ticked. If only the On Demand box is ticked, you have to manually 
share the workflow.

"Ali B" wrote:

> Thanks Patrick.
> I'll try sharing to see if it helps. But I have set the scope to 
> Organization, shouldn't it work already?
> -- 
> Ali B
> 
> 
> "Patrick" wrote:
> 
> > On the workflow itself chec kthe Scope is set to the appropriate level. Or 
> > other wise share the workflow with any user you like using Actions > Sharing
> > 
> > -- 
> > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > Lead Developer 
> > Aviva IT  
> > 
> > Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: 
> > http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Ali B" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi,
> > > I have defined an on-demand workflow for a custom entity. As an 
> > > administrator I can see Run Workflow button in both views and form of the 
> > > custom object, but a user with salesperson role cannot see the button. I 
> > > checked that Salesperson role has "Execute Workflow Job" permission enabled. 
> > > I appreciate your advise.
> > > 
> > > -------------------
> > > Ali B
0
RobMottram (202)
4/25/2008 2:53:02 PM
That was it! Thanks Rob. And I assume this is a bug.
-- 
Ali B


"Rob Mottram" wrote:

> I have found that the scope only does something if one of the 'start when' 
> boxes is ticked. If only the On Demand box is ticked, you have to manually 
> share the workflow.
> 
> "Ali B" wrote:
> 
> > Thanks Patrick.
> > I'll try sharing to see if it helps. But I have set the scope to 
> > Organization, shouldn't it work already?
> > -- 
> > Ali B
> > 
> > 
> > "Patrick" wrote:
> > 
> > > On the workflow itself chec kthe Scope is set to the appropriate level. Or 
> > > other wise share the workflow with any user you like using Actions > Sharing
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD)
> > > Lead Developer 
> > > Aviva IT  
> > > 
> > > Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: 
> > > http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Ali B" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi,
> > > > I have defined an on-demand workflow for a custom entity. As an 
> > > > administrator I can see Run Workflow button in both views and form of the 
> > > > custom object, but a user with salesperson role cannot see the button. I 
> > > > checked that Salesperson role has "Execute Workflow Job" permission enabled. 
> > > > I appreciate your advise.
> > > > 
> > > > -------------------
> > > > Ali B
0
AliB (4)
4/25/2008 3:27:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

running 9 and 10 on same mahine
We are currently running version 9 using SQL 2005 and Windows server 2003. It is possible to install and run version 10 on the same machine? If so, do I need a separate instance of SQL 2005? Both versions are being used in a teaching environment so the normal caveats about mission critical systems does not apply. Thanks. Dr. Jerry Flatto University of Indianapolis Indianapolis, IN, USA 2007 Excellence in Education Pinnacle winner On Jul 31, 12:48 pm, Jerry Flatto <JerryFla...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We are currently running version 9 using SQL 2005 and Windows ser...

Should closed accounts be temporarily "opened" before running Salv.exe?
I ran the salvage routine and noticed that repairs were not made to accounts that were closed. I have gone through the process of installing M04 then retreating back to M02 a couple of times already in experimenting, and would like to know if this condition would make a difference before embarking on the procedure once more. The corruption issue on my M02 open accounts is nicely fixed, but crosslinks are broken and account balances still do not match on closed accounts after running the salvage routine. I only noticed this problem after my last conversion. Thanks for the feedback. John ...

Running number not initializing (Dexterity)
I have customised a window to key in transactions. A new payment number is created every time window is opened. But in this case, if I don't save the trx and just cancel, the program considers the no as used and skips to the next no when I reopen. The following is my code in the WIN_PRE. How can I fix this? pragma (disable warning LiteralStringUsed); local boolean l_success; local 'User ID' in_user_ID; local 'Receipt Prepayment Number' l_repay; local long count,i; release table REPAY_NUMBER; clear table REPAY_NUMBER; Key = "1"; set Key of table 'Student...

Buttons on a report
Is there any way to put a command button on the toolbar of a report (or anywhere else on the report)? Robert "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote: >Is there any way to put a command button on the toolbar of a report (or >anywhere else on the report)? Not on the report. But you can create a custom tool/menu bar and put whatever you want on it. Set the report's ToolBar or MenuBar property to the tool/menu bar's caption to make it appear whenever the report preview opens. -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] Thank you. How do I create the custom tool/me...

Re: MS Access VBA Programming - Queries on the Run
Hello All I have a small problem with a MS Access developed in VBA. The programme is developed as queries on the run using SQL. I have a number of private forms which are bought together in a global form. Every thing is OK if I generate a report with the complete database, but if I select parts of the to selectively sorted database it is calling for parameters, using the filter. The code line on the global form with the following command appears as follows: Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(marSQL, dbOpenDynaset) The set rst command shows rst = nothing and the dbOpenDynaset command = 2...

Wish List for Project Accounting (everytime we run invoices)
We run batches of invoices that total anywhere from 150 to 300 at a time. Our project numbering and filing system is based on the Project ID. When we run the invoices, the only choice not availbale for colating is Project ID. As a result, we have to run the invoices based on Customer or a Class ID (to come close and reduce some colating effort); then colate them manually. I am sure this is not a big problem for others, but it is a huge problem for us. ...

###### appearing even though the cell is large enough to display everything
I have a cell with text in it and on my screen it appears as a series of pound signs. I have made the cell large enough that all the text should fit so I do not know why the pound signs will not disappear. Format the cell to General. Excel has a problem with cells that contain >255 but <1024 characters. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 26 Apr 2006 12:55:14 -0700, jmelaragno@gmail.com wrote: >I have a cell with text in it and on my screen it appears as a series >of pound signs. I have made the cell large enough that all the text >should fit so I do not know why the pound sign...

Print button on toolbar linked to specific printer, way to do?
Argggh, they keep changing colour printers on us <lol>! I'm in a govt dept that balloons up/deflates due to election events! In the last 2 weeks, they've changed all the printers around on us as they move them to accommodate needs! At the end of the event, the printers will all return back to their original configurations and locations <phew>! The colour printer is the one that concerns me. Is there a way to just assign a printer, via a macro maybe, to a button on the toolbar? That way, no matter what printer was actually there and no matter where it was locat...

Where did my file and edit category button go? #2
My file button and edit button got deleted somehow in Publisher? Any ideas? Thx! Reset your toolbar? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831325FA-BF99-45A3-B45F-5A10CE02747F@microsoft.com... > My file button and edit button got deleted somehow in Publisher? Any > ideas? > Thx! What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JStud" <JStud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:831325...

Workflow on anniversary date
Hi, I would like to create a task 2 weeks prior an anniversary date. Let's say our customer anniversary date is 2001-12-31, how could I create a workflow so Dec. 15 I will get a reminder? Thanks, Val I need to specify that my account are already created. "Val" wrote: > Hi, > > I would like to create a task 2 weeks prior an anniversary date. Let's say > our customer anniversary date is 2001-12-31, how could I create a workflow so > Dec. 15 I will get a reminder? > > Thanks, > > Val Val, You can insert a wait for timer condition to your...

Assigning Macros to Custom Buttons (kskinne?)
I replied to an older thread about this earlier today, but the subject got messed up and I fear that the intended audience won't see it... Mr. Kinne had previously posted the following: --- yes you can do this - for example if you want to have a custom button that triggers a macro that you have saved under the Alt+F1, you could insert a code like the following into a class module: Public Function Process(session As Object) As Boolean On Error Resume Next Dim posSession As Object Set posSession = session SendKeys "%{F1}" Process = True End Function then under your cu...

Toolbar buttons
I am needing to modify a toolbar button. I am familiar with the process to accomplish this, however this option (and several others) are grayed out on the menu. Obvious question, how do I remove the gray? Thank you. P. H. Allen wrote: > I am needing to modify a toolbar button. I am familiar with the process to > accomplish this, however this option (and several others) are grayed out on > the menu. Obvious question, how do I remove the gray? Thank you. > > Grayed out - means this feature is not available at this time. Eg. If you are editing a cell, you can't use t...

Pivot Table not valid error message when formatting data 'button'.
Created Pivot table/chart, password-protected and put onto website (ie NOt saved file as Web Page). Click on link, get warning message concerning macros and prompted for password. If attempt to change data button by rightclicking on it and selecting format - get error message 'Pivot Table not valid'. Note, accessing the file directly (ie not via the web) works perfectly Ok. PS Also get visual basic error message ' Run time error 1004 :Unable to set the default property of the Pivotitem class' VB code Sub All_Years() CP = "(All)" pf = "Year First Seen"...

1920x1080 how some programs (non-menu area) fonts are displayed
Moving from the 1280x1024 for standard LCD 19" etc screens resolution, to the 1920x1080 which comes with 23" etc WideScreen monitors these days, we know the same settings of font size displayed we were use to, will now show slightly smaller - and that's fine. First, yes we understand about font size, clear type, and dpi adjustments. Yes we know for higher resolutions being sure to turn on and adjust ClearType which solves readability problems just fine across the board in every nook and cranny, Except, inside many non-microsoft programs where the OS's control over t...

Sumbit Button
I just created a form in Excel that needs to be filled out with various information. After the form is completed, I want it to be submited to me by e-mail. So my question is ---> Is there a way to insert/add a submit button to the form that automatically sends to form by e-mail? ...

Can no longer display payment address/info for epay transactions
Ya gotta love how things inexplicably stop working in Money, Money 2007 in my case. Suddenly, I can no longer display the payment address for any of the epay transactions in my checking account register. When I select a transaction and either: 1. Press the Options button and then select "Edit Address: <Payee>" 2. Press the "Pay to:" hyperlink nothing happens. This is having a nasty side-effect: If I enter a new epay check (i.e., a withdrawal) to a new payee, I can't submit the transaction. I'm no longer prompted to enter the address and account number.....

Images display incorrectly as preview
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm experiencing a frustrating problem with images in MS Word. My colleague sends me Word documents images produced in Kaleidagraph that I think are .tiff or .png. On my screen, the image box size is correct, but the image itself appears as a tiny preview-sized low-resolution reproduction in the upper-left corner of the box. The same thing happens if I try to print or save as a PDF. If I right-click the image, Word refers to it as an &quot;unknown object&quot;. <br> I have no trouble with imag...

how to program a button...
Howdy ! Is it possible to have a button on a menubar calling a function in an .xla? Rgds, Henrik Yes, just create it within the workbook_Open event of the xla. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Verner Jensen, �lborg" <java@ofir.dk> wrote in message news:427f5a7b$0$78283$157c6196@dreader1.cybercity.dk... > Howdy ! > > Is it possible to have a button on a menubar calling a function in an ..xla? > > Rgds, Henrik > > If you assign the onaction property of the button to the code in the xla. It can also be done manually although you would not be able to select i...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

display degrees in cells and a climograph template
Does anyone know how to display numbers in degress format and is there a climograph template? On Tue, 19 Feb 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, untitledsender <untitledsender@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >Does anyone know how to display numbers in degress format and is there a >climograph template? You'll have to explain what a climograph is. People here are Excel experts, not experts in whatever your field is. For custom number formats, go to "Format Cells.. Number.. Custom.." and type: 0.0"�F" You can get a degree symbol on a Windows k...

display a notification when new mail arrives #2
Hi Not sure if this is an Outlook or a Windows question! But here goes. Until a short while ago, I would get an 'unopened envelope' icon in the systray when new mail arrived, but now its gone.... Don't think I've done anything to change this - but it was really useful, so can anyone tell me how to put it back, thanks Outlook 2003: 1) Select Options from the Tools menu (in Outlook) 2) Click [E-mail Options] 3) Click [Advanced E-mail Options] 4) Check "Show an envelope icon in the notification area. -- Let me know if this helps! Bay Area DebG "Jeff" ...

Need to calculate time between 2 dates and display Conditional formatting
I have some Excel cells with dates formatted like this Thursday, June 2004 8:53 AM. I need the difference in time (Days Hours Minutes between the 2 cells containing the dates. What would the formula be? I was trying this =DATEDIF('Level 2 Support Team Member'!B7,'Level 2 Support Tea Member'!B35,"md") but I kept getting a #Value error B35 and b7 are merged with cells t the right for display, but those are the cells that contain the actua values. I wanted to Conditionally format the result so that if the result wa greater than 1 day or 24 hours that the font wou...

Outlook
Hello, I pressed the "Close or Delete Microsoft CRM"-button in Outlook by mistake by right-clicking in the Archieve-menu. Is there a way to get it back? (I hope) The menu is still in Outlook and can be used with accouts etc. (CRM 1.2) Regards, Susan Hi Susan, Try repairing the SFO installation. Hope this helps! "Susan Peters" wrote: > Hello, > I pressed the "Close or Delete Microsoft CRM"-button in Outlook by mistake > by right-clicking in the Archieve-menu. Is there a way to get it back? (I > hope) > The menu is still in Outlook and can b...

Remove Resize Button on Menubar
I have read at least 3 other past post that commented on using the code found a below site to remove the restore button: http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0022.htm My only issue is that I’m a little slow. After reading the past post, I still have not found where I would place this code. I'm trying to add it to Module, but I'm not sure if that is the right thing. But if it is, where would I put the command "MaximizeRestoreForm()" (if that is the right one to use). Thank you in advance for any and all replies. NOTE: The information was found on a posted in Forms da...

Can I move the focus to the No button in a Msgbox?
A standard Access 2000 Msgbox with Yes and No buttons always opens with the focus on the Yes button. Is there any way to move the focus to the No button? I can't see anything about this in the online help, so I'm not very optimistic.... David David Anderson wrote: >A standard Access 2000 Msgbox with Yes and No buttons always opens with the >focus on the Yes button. Is there any way to move the focus to the No >button? I can't see anything about this in the online help, so I'm not very >optimistic.... Use the Default constants to specify that: MsgBox &...