Routing e-mails from Public Folder to CRM

Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder
to some Queue in CRM?

Jevgenij

0
Jevgenij
5/11/2007 11:03:32 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog. You
can go to
http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and
look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting.

"Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message
> Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public Folder
> to some Queue in CRM?
>
> Jevgenij

0
Larry
5/12/2007 3:39:04 AM
Thanks for your reply.

Though the article is quite interesting I didn't find any word about public
folders.

Anyway, here is a way I implemented it.
Please point me to any mistakes, since I am very new to MS CRM.

I have a public folder for the email support@company.com
I created the user in AD with the e-mail supportqueue@company.com
Using Outlook Folder Assistant I created the rule for the Public Folder to
forward all e-mails to the "supportqueue" user's mailbox.
In CRM, that support queue has the user's e-mail set (not Public Folder's
e-mail).
Last - I deployed the rule for the user using Rule Deployment Wizard.

After reading your article I think that it would be enough to forward
e-mails from Public Folder to CRM User mailbox (crm@company.com)
Is that so?

Thanks again,
Jevgenij

"Larry Lentz, CRM MVP" <Larry@LentzComputer.net> wrote in message
> There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog.
> You can go to
> http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and
> look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting.
>
> "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public
>> Folder to some Queue in CRM?
>>
>> Jevgenij

0
Jevgenij
5/12/2007 11:28:33 PM
Hi There,

Did you manage to sort this out. I have the same problem. I have a public
folder with a mail account (support@...). I need to be able to route the mail
in the public folder to a CRM queue. This does not seem possible as the Rule
deployment wizard will only resolve mail addresses for active directory users
and not public folders?

Thanks for any assistance!
--
Neil Kersten
Liquid Thought

"Jevgenij Martynenko" wrote:

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Though the article is quite interesting I didn't find any word about public
> folders.
>
> Anyway, here is a way I implemented it.
> Please point me to any mistakes, since I am very new to MS CRM.
>
> I have a public folder for the email support@company.com
> I created the user in AD with the e-mail supportqueue@company.com
> Using Outlook Folder Assistant I created the rule for the Public Folder to
> forward all e-mails to the "supportqueue" user's mailbox.
> In CRM, that support queue has the user's e-mail set (not Public Folder's
> e-mail).
> Last - I deployed the rule for the user using Rule Deployment Wizard.
>
> After reading your article I think that it would be enough to forward
> e-mails from Public Folder to CRM User mailbox (crm@company.com)
> Is that so?
>
> Thanks again,
> Jevgenij
>

> "Larry Lentz, CRM MVP" <Larry@LentzComputer.net> wrote in message
> > There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog.
> > You can go to
> > http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and
> > look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting.
> >
> > "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message
> >> Is it possible to route e-mails, comming to the Mail Enabled Public
> >> Folder to some Queue in CRM?
> >>
> >> Jevgenij

This might shed some light. I have the same setup for queue with a user for
support@xxx.com in AD, with CRM email attached. I get all email into the
queue, and have a created a program to monitor and forward emails to this
queue into
cases (IE Incidents/Trouble Tickets).

I read somewhere that it must be a user, not a group or folder to get email
into the queue. Forward emails from the public queue to a user for the support
queue. like 123support@xxx.com is the queue name, and support@xxx.com will
forward to that. Give it a try...
--
Christopher Cognetta
Principal Architect / Owner

"Neil Kersten" wrote:

> Hi There,
>
> Did you manage to sort this out. I have the same problem. I have a public
> folder with a mail account (support@...). I need to be able to route the mail
> in the public folder to a CRM queue. This does not seem possible as the Rule
> deployment wizard will only resolve mail addresses for active directory users
> and not public folders?
>
> Thanks for any assistance!
> --
> Neil Kersten
> Liquid Thought
>

> "Jevgenij Martynenko" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your reply.
> >
> > Though the article is quite interesting I didn't find any word about public
> > folders.
> >
> > Anyway, here is a way I implemented it.
> > Please point me to any mistakes, since I am very new to MS CRM.
> >
> > I have a public folder for the email support@company.com
> > I created the user in AD with the e-mail supportqueue@company.com
> > Using Outlook Folder Assistant I created the rule for the Public Folder to
> > forward all e-mails to the "supportqueue" user's mailbox.
> > In CRM, that support queue has the user's e-mail set (not Public Folder's
> > e-mail).
> > Last - I deployed the rule for the user using Rule Deployment Wizard.
> >
> > After reading your article I think that it would be enough to forward
> > e-mails from Public Folder to CRM User mailbox (crm@company.com)
> > Is that so?
> >
> > Thanks again,
> > Jevgenij
> >

> > "Larry Lentz, CRM MVP" <Larry@LentzComputer.net> wrote in message
> > > There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my blog.
> > > You can go to
> > > http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx and
> > > look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting.
> > >
> > > "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message

All you need to do is to put a rule to the Public Folder.
In Outlook, Right-click the Public folder -> Properties. Go to
Administration tab, click [Folder Assistant] button.
Click [Add Rule], select Forward, press [To] to select CRM Mail user (this
will be the user you created for the CRM before instralling it). Select
"Insert messege as an attachment" for Method field.

P.S. if you can't see the user in address book, you could do one of the
following:
1) just type in the e-mail of the CRM User
2) unset "hide from Exchange address lists" in properties for the CRM Mail
user in AD Users and Computers. Rebuild/refresh address lists and offline
address book in Exchange. Restart Outlook and try again.

Hope this helps,
Jevgenij

"Neil Kersten" <NeilKersten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi There,
>
> Did you manage to sort this out. I have the same problem. I have a public
> folder with a mail account (support@...). I need to be able to route the
> mail
> in the public folder to a CRM queue. This does not seem possible as the
> Rule
> deployment wizard will only resolve mail addresses for active directory
> users
> and not public folders?
>
> Thanks for any assistance!
> --
> Neil Kersten
> Liquid Thought
>

> "Jevgenij Martynenko" wrote:
>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> Though the article is quite interesting I didn't find any word about
>> public
>> folders.
>>
>> Anyway, here is a way I implemented it.
>> Please point me to any mistakes, since I am very new to MS CRM.
>>
>> I have a public folder for the email support@company.com
>> I created the user in AD with the e-mail supportqueue@company.com
>> Using Outlook Folder Assistant I created the rule for the Public Folder
>> forward all e-mails to the "supportqueue" user's mailbox.
>> In CRM, that support queue has the user's e-mail set (not Public Folder's
>> e-mail).
>> Last - I deployed the rule for the user using Rule Deployment Wizard.
>>
>> After reading your article I think that it would be enough to forward
>> e-mails from Public Folder to CRM User mailbox (crm@company.com)
>> Is that so?
>>
>> Thanks again,
>> Jevgenij
>>

>> "Larry Lentz, CRM MVP" <Larry@LentzComputer.net> wrote in message
>> > There is a link to an article I wrote relating to this issue on my
>> > blog.
>> > You can go to
>> > http://ts2community.com/blogs/larrylentz/archive/2006/08/13/1684.aspx
>> > and
>> > look for the 'here' link at the end of the posting.
>> >
>> > "Jevgenij Martynenko" <jm@no-spam.e-idea.lt> wrote in message

0
Jevgenij

Undeliverable Mail #3
I am trying to send an email to a client using my business email account. The email comes back as undeliverable. If I send the same email to the same recipient using my msn email account the they get it. What could be causing this. The client is using Outlook. DigitalDan3 wrote: > I am trying to send an email to a client using my > business email account. The email comes back as > undeliverable. What is the exact text of the NDR/bounce message? > If I send the same email to the same > recipient using my msn email account the they get it. > What could be causing t...

Error by open contacts or activities after Migration to CRM 3.0
Hello, i ve migrated our CRM 1.2 System to CRM 3.0 Now I get a error-page when I open contacts or activities or so. I cannot open the main form of these entities (customizing). Any ideas? Stefan ...

Public Older View In Outlook 2003
Hi All, Can some one provided me instruction on how to enable the Public Folder option "Show number of unread items" that allow users to see item unreaded in Outlook 2003? Thanks On Tue, 23 May 2006 11:51:03 -0700, Tony Negron <TonyNegron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can some one provided me instruction on how to enable the Public Folder >option "Show number of unread items" that allow users to see item unreaded in >Outlook 2003? > >Thanks General tab of the folder in ESM. Have the users add the folder in question to the...

Error in Exchange 5.5 Public Folder access via Outlook 2000
Hi We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup (841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4) Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users can't. Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon, or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and selecting the folder from there). Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right siz...

Select Multiple Folders
I have an Excel application, where the user can browse to a folder and process all the documents in that folder. I use the Office 10 FileDialog object (FolderPicker) to allow the user to do this with an easily recognizable dialog box. The problem is, the users would like to select multiple folders at a time (which FolderPicker does not allow). I could allow them Browse and select a folder, add it to a list, then Browse again and add to the list, then Browse again, but that would be a long tedious process. Is there anything that would allow me to select multiple folders at a time, similar to...

"Object not found" error and Archive Folders
I am battling hard to find who on this planet knows this one I have a rogue 'Archive Folder' living next to my Personal Folders tha I am unable to remove - when I select 'Close "Archive Folders"' th following error dialog is displayed "The operation failed. An object could not be found I've got Outlook 2003 (Office Pro Edition) running on XP Pro - with al and latest updates. I've verified I can add and remove other datafile with no issue - this is also my default archive folder. To explain further, the archive folder in question is the same one a spe...

IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <>
Hi all IMC Generates NDR with Mail From: <> . how to solve this problem Thanks Shaikh ...

E-mail Part of excel sheet
How do you select and e-mail part of a work sheet, each time i try i get the whole sheets as part of the e-mail On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 01:52:02 -0700, "Ron" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in microsoft.public.excel.misc: >How do you select and e-mail part of a work sheet, each >time i try i get the whole sheets as part of the e-mail I don't think it can readily be done programmatically. However, if you use an e-mail client which supports messages in HTML (I use Outlook), you can copy/paste a part of your worksheet into the body of the message. To create...

CRM Implementation with Token
Hello Do anyone know about access to CRM over HTTPS with a Token based authentication, like RSA Token? We have ISA Server implemented which is responsible for the connection between CRM and the User. Now we want to implement Token based authentication. Do anybody know about it and that it will work? Best Lars Lars, We have implemented CRM to our sales guys and they have 'soft' tokens on their laptop. All it is is a http setting in outlook that will allow them to authenticate. If you would like to we can discuss this offline. Just contact me when you are ready. &qu...

Can't auto-complete e-mail addresses
Dear All, I just imported about 2000 contacts in my Outlook 2000 Address Book. Able to see them in the address book and create groups etc. But when i compose a new message and i try to enter some e-mail addresses in TO and then why do outlook do not give me suggestion to auto-complete them? I tried most of the settings. It wont work. What may be the problem? -Sameer Outlook 2000 has no such feature. Autocompletion didn't start until Outlook 2002. Versions of Outlook earlier than Outlook 2002 have a feature called auto-resolution. If you enter part of a name or a nickname then tab out o...

"Corporate Workgroup" to "Internet Mail Only Configuration"
I'm having trouble switching from the "Corporate Workgroup" to "Internet Mail Only Configuration". The particular machine that Outlook is loaded on is not connected to the network that it was configured on. Outlook therefore does not find the network folders it is looking for and will not start up with all its functionality and specifically will not provide access to the "Options" menu under "Tools" that is necessary to change the configuration from "Corporate Workgroup" to "Internet Mail Only" and thus to get it working...

Public Folders #2
I have added the outlook registry entry that lets me view certain types of documents within emails, i.e .exe, .bat, .chm and so on..... But, when I try to open them from within public folders, it only lets me save them to disk. This is not what I want as I have docs in there that get updated every day and I would like to open them from within the mail so it saves the changes directly to it, rather than saving it to disk, editing, saving again and then adding back into the posted item. So to sum up.... How can I stop it so that it doesnt only give me the option to save the attachment to disk?...

Copy Public Folders
I am trying to make a copy of some Public folders on an Exchange 5.5 server using Outlook 2000. It starts copying and stops, saying an unknown error has occurred. I am using the administrator mailbox which is the Service Administrator in Exchange. I can view, open, and make changes to the items in the Public Folders. Any ideas? "David Hurst" <11dhurst@123vecelliogroup.com> wrote in news:ur2q9bY8DHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > I am trying to make a copy of some Public folders on an Exchange 5.5 > server using Outlook 2000. > It starts copying and stops, saying an...

I am using Windows Live Mail
I just downloaded my MSN office but my windows live e-mail account keeps not sending out emails. Email account does not log me after the ID check. How can I reset the protocal correctly to accept the mail portal? Ask in a vista.mail group, WLM has nothing to do with the Outlook group you posted to "jderr" <jderr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22B228D8-DCBF-49BD-9214-EA5E6018A364@microsoft.com... > I just downloaded my MSN office but my windows live e-mail account keeps > not > sending out emails. Email account does not log me after t...

Exch 2007 Mail Enabled Public Folder Assistant Reply With rule.
I want to setup an auto-reply public mail folder. Using my Outlook 2007 client, I creat a new public folder called "reply". I mail-enable this public folder by running: Enable-MailPublicFolder -Identity "\reply" I verify that my public folder is mail enabled by running: get-mailpublicfolder -id Reply |fl I can see that my public folder has an email address - great. Next, I go back to my Outlook 2007 client, and find the public folder. I open up the Properties. I go to Administration, then Folder Assistant. I add a new rule. The rule runs the "reply with" option...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Windows Mail/Newsgoup Configuration
I am having trouble configuring my windows mail, it gives me error messages....Can any1 help? "Mary Wilburn" <becky.harty@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3EDC58A2-89C6-45E0-97C9-F571A738FF82@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble configuring my windows mail, it gives me error >messages....Can any1 help? Your question may be better answered in a Vista or Windows mail newsgroup which is more appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-Access downloads: http://www.datastrat.co...

Junk Mail filter is blocking my Contact emails...
Any ideas? I am using OL2003. I have "Also trust e-mail from my Contacts" checked on the Safe Senders tab of Junk Email Options window, however, on occasion, some mail gets put into the Junk Mail folder that originated from a Contact. Thanks. - Aaron ...

hotfix CRM 1.2 freezes Win 98SE
Hi all, Microsoft CRM will crash my windows 98SE machines. After a short time of using the web client of CRM we are unable to click on any CRM window and the machine freezes and i have to restart them. I found a hotfix reference in this group ( a zip file), but the password given in the post is incorrect. By the moment we have 3 machines with this windows version and we are not in posibilities of upgrate them to win 2000 pro as its says in the post. Does some body have an idea to get the key. Thanks a lot Carlos Thanks Jaime for hotfixes you will have to contact Microsoft MBS Su...

Macro to create folder in PST file
I have leveraged a macro I found online to create a new folder underneath the default Inbox, with a name entered by the user. However, what I REALLY want is to create the new folder under a folder that lives in another PST. So instead of: Mailbox --Inbox ----New Folder Users PST --Project I want it to be created as follows: Mailbox --Inbox Users PST --Project ----New Folder Here is the code I have so far - can anyone help? Dim myolApp As Outlook.Application Dim myNamespace As Outlook.NameSpace Dim myFolder As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim myNewFolde...

CRM Exchange Email Router wont install
I have CRM server installed on machine "A", the DataBase on Machine "B" and now i want to install the Exchange Email Router on Machine "c". I was previosly installed on machine "C", it was uninstalled and now i get the following error when trying to reinstall on "C": --------------------------- Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router Setup --------------------------- One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and...

Cell Phone/Laptop Client/CRM User Sync Architectural Question...
First let me apologize for this question. I am sure that there is something very simple and obvious that I am missing, but I am told that the only dumb question is the unasked one (said with tongue deeply in cheek!).... Current Situation: Small 25 person company Everyone has account on SBS server; i.e., active directory account All have CRM accounts (CRM V3 with all upgrades) Most have laptops with Outlook 2007/CRM client (with all upgrades) Most have Windows Mobile x (5 or 6) cell phones that sync with Exchange We Want: All of us want to be able to have contact info in our phones for each...

OL 2007 leave messages on server: all mail each retrieval
Monday 2 computers in an office: Vista business, with OL 2007, all updates Both computers access the same mail box on the smtp server. Both computers are set to "Leave Messages on Server" One is the "master" in that it is also set to delete after 5 days, and when deleted The "slave" machine gets ALL email at each retrieval. I have deleted all messages from server,... And so on. Suggestions? J They each have their own pst file, correct? How frequently does each one check for new mail? If under 5 min, set it to 10 and see if it helps. Do you have an ant...

Changing default font for composed mail in Windows Live
When I compose a New Email Message, the Text Font is Segoe UI, size = 10, color = black. I have selected "Tools", "Options", "Compose" and changed the font settings for Mail to 12 pt. Comic Sans MS and then Apply and OK but when I click on Compose a New email the changes did not take. Thanks Tools | Options | Compose. Is anything at all showing in the stationery section? Some stationery will only send in specific fonts and sizes. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Rick" <Rick@discussions....