Roaming Profiles & Outlook

Hi everyone,

I think Microsoft should enable the use of the Microsoft Outlook Desktop
Client with Roaming Profiles.
I think the install process should be revised to install all the registry
keys under USERS instead of CURRENT_USER in the registry to allow multiple
users to use the Desktop Client on the same computer.
I can't think of why Microsoft didn't think about it in the first time since
a lot of users are using Outlook and are using Roaming Profiles (our client
has 24000 users spread everywhere!)
I hope my suggestion will be heard!

Thank you,
Olivier Furnémont

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e57890d6-85bc-40a1-8727-0f2286868ee9&dg=microsoft.public.crm
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Outlook 2003 installed on Exchange 2003 Bridgehead Server
I have recently found that a previous SysAdmin at my work has installed Outlook 2003 on our Exchange 2003 Bridgehead server which is NOT reccomended by Microsoft as we all know. We have the FE/OWA Server & the Bridgehead server located at the DR Site and the main cluster at our primary site. I have found several bits of information on how to make Outlook and Exchange coexist if we really have to but as this is a fairly critical server sending emails for over 1000 users in Asia Pacific I would ideally like to remove it however havent found any relevant information on what process i s...

How to Migrate From Entourage to Outlook
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange No doubt about in Entourage sucks !!! I want to migrate all of my mail and contacts FROM Entourage back to Outlook. Is there an easy way to do this ? See if some of the methods mentioned on this page work for you: <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/cross_platform/mac_win.html> On 19/12/09 5:17, in article 59baf624.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "seanw@officeformac.com" <seanw@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leo...

Outlook Connector 01-15-10
I appear to have lost this facility!! Used to be able to see both my Hotmail & Orange email from my inbox in Outlook 2007 but for some reason over Christmas this no longer synchs my Hotmail so now I have to go online into Hotmail to get it. How do I resurrect this? ...

Outlook 2007 not receiving all exchange emails
I have set up my dad's outlook 2007 to connect to his work exchange server (i think that is a 2000 exchange server). It has been able to download almost 3000 inbox emails, and calendar info, contacts etc but has now stopped getting any more (and hasn't received any more for several months). It says Connected to Microsoft Exchange in the corner and has a progress bar saying Updating Inbox, but nothing more is downloaded. I am using a VPN to his work to connect. Is there a limit on the amount it can download, the outlook0.ost file is 1.50 gb, which seems too exact to just be a coinciden...

Outlook 2003
We have a small office of just six users who are all on Office 2003. When the Message settings on a message are set to an Importance of Low or High, the recipient gets the message with a Normal Importance. The same thing is happening with the sensitivity settings. However, when using my personal laptop, these settings work on both sending and receiving, using the same network connection as the machines in the office. Any ideas? ...

Configure newsgroup in outlook
Hi, Can I configure newsgroup in Outlook 2003? How? -- Rodrigo Ferreira Rodrigo Ferreira wrote: > Can I configure newsgroup in Outlook 2003? How? Yes and no. You can get a menu item under Go that launches Outlook Express, but it isn't Newsgroups in Outlook. 2003 actually removed it by default, since too many people were confused. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP052431511033.aspx?pid=CH063566591033 talks about how to re-add it. http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/news.htm has some add-ins that will put newsgroups in Outlook if you really want it. -- f.h. ...

Problem importing Contact OE6 to Outlook 2003
I suspect this problem has been posed many times, but I'm a brand new user of Outlook, forced by the impending end of OE6 in the Windowws 7 environment. I'm attemptina a two step process: A. Moving my emails and addresses from OE6 to Outlook 2003 on my current WindowsXP computer. B. Moving the relevant information to Outlook 2003 on my new Windows 7 computer. Right now I'm in step A. On the WinXP computer, I switched my default email program from OE6 to Outlook 2003. I successfully imported the mail messages and folders. But when I go through the procedures (see...

forward email form one outlook 2007 profile to another
I am a google apps sync user and when my email comes into Outlook it goes into the apps profile inbox. Maybe some of you are aware of the problem with google apps in that you cannot change the "From" field in outgoing mail. For example: my wife and I are a Realtor team, our domain is xxx.com. Our account email address in google apps is PamandBruce@xxx.com When an email is sent from the apps profile in Outlook 2007, it shows as coming from just my name and this apparently cannot be changed. Can I create a new profile in Outlook 2007, have the mail from the google app...

Outlook 2007 Questions
I have just installed outlook 2007 and its working well.However with no messages in my Inbox I have a message at the bottom of the window which says Filter Applied 4 items. Do I have 4 hidden emails and what does Filter Applied mean. I changed junk email filter to none but filter applied is still there and nothing in the junk email folder. Apart from some extra mail folders everything is pretty much default. Filter Applied refers to your view settings; View-> Current View Make sure this is set to Messages. If it still says "Filter Applied" then reset your current...

outlook 2002
I'm using Outlook 2002 to read my email. I've set up my MSN account and mail downloads to my computer, but leaves a copy on the MSN server...how can I set this to automatically delete the email on the server after downloading to my computer? Thank you! Use the advanced options on your account settings to not save copies on the server. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer ch...

lock/password protect outlook
how to lock and add password to protect outlook? read from some articles that the folder has an option of "Properties --> Advanced--> change password". However, i cannot find such settings. I'm using win XP and outlook 2002. PLease help. Thanks. Anthea Individual folders in a personal folders file cannot be password protected. To password protect the entire personal folders file, right click on personal folders and select properties | advanced | change password. Please make sure that you don't lose/forget that password as there are no utilities from Microsoft that ...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 through LAN
Hello, I got a new laptop at work with Vista and outlook 2007 and I cannot set it up to connect to my company's exchange 2003 through LAN. I followed the manual set up and entered the exchange server details and my mailbox but I constantly get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected and.... My previous laptop was running XP na doutlook 2003 and worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

I downloaded Outlook and it worked for a day. Now no new mail
I downloaded Outlook 4 days ago. the first night all my email messages came through. The next day I logged on and nothing new. It has been like this for 3 days now and I don't know what to do. When I check my bellsouth account there are tons of new messages. Please help if you know what's wrong. Thank you!! ...

Outlook attachment jumping to another email
I have a question that I am unable to find any info on. My Office manager has had an issue for a while now and is driving her nuts. When she attempts to attach a file to an email via the paperclip, once completed the attachment attaches to any other message open rather than to the email that she is attempting to attach it in. If there are no other messages open the error message comes up that says "Oultook cannot attach something to itself". It is an intermittent problem and usually will correct itself if she closes and reopens Outlook. But lately sometimes she has had...

Outlook Autorespond
Can someone tell me if this is possible? I get emails about jobs and there's a link to click in the email that takes me to a webpage wherein I can click "accept" to accept the job. Can I automate outlook to do this automatically? Thanks for any help. dlslv@cox.net <dlslv@cox.net> wrote: > Can someone tell me if this is possible? > I get emails about jobs and there's a link to click in the email that > takes me to a webpage wherein I can click "accept" to accept the job. > Can I automate outlook to do this automatically? I don't see any way t...

microsoft outlook send attachment as
Hi- I'm trying to send an attachment to a file. Instead of sending it as an attachment to the file, I want to send the file as a link (location)...so, the result: the reader would be able to click the link on the e-mail, the attachment would open up. I work in an office that has a shared drive...so, the e-mail that I'm sending I want the link to show the sharedrive file link. How does one go about doing this? Thanks, Hen version of outlook? using rtf format, browse to the file and choose insert, link -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24...

Outlook 2002 User Profile
I am running windows XP Pro. I recently removed a domain from my computer and adjusted the Windows XP User settings (set up a new user). My personal email data files (User Profile) were not copied correctly to the new user setting and need to be set up again. They were not deleted from the local hardrive. Anyone know how to; 1. Go about finding/searching for my existing Outlook user files (Outlook Profile) on my hardrive(what files do I need to search for, and what folder can I find them in?). 2. How do I reconfigure Outlook to open my existing Outlook Profile? Thanks ...

loosing email (Exchange) Settings in Outlook 2002
I have a number of pcs that are loosing thier email settings. The users can not be doing it do to group policies and control panel being disabled. It works for a while and then one day, nothing. The profile is there, but the exchange server is gone. ...

Outlook hangs
Hello I have Outlook 2003 and CRM 3.0 laptop client installed on it. Outlook hangs a while after the start. If I uninstall CRM client, everything works fine. After reinstall the same problem occurs. Something wrong in the database? Any ideas how to get CRM installation repaired. BR Jukka P. I'm having this same problem on one laptop. Works fine on all the others, so I'm assuming the problem isn't the database. Did you find a solution? Jerry "Jukka Partanen" wrote: > Hello > > I have Outlook 2003 and CRM 3.0 laptop client installed on it. Outlook ha...

Outlook over HTTP with SBS 2003
I'm pulling my hair out over this. I have a client with a SBS 2003 server. We have a self-signed certificate on the server and I am able to access e-mail via the address https://customerdomain.dyndnsaddress.com/exchange. I have installed the certificate on my computer and no longer get the certificate warning when I go to either /exchange or /remote. I have followed the instructions to get this working to the letter on both Outlook and the SBS server. When I ran the CEICW, it said it was successful. I have port 443 open hence the access to RWW. Two odd things I noticed when s...

moving outlook express to xp, 2003 outlook files
were trying to move outlook express address to a new 2003 outlook on an xp system. The old is a windows 98 system, on a network. And so far have no been able to import the setting or address. Greg you need to set OE up on the new machine then import it - or import it to OL on the old machine - in either case, you need oe and ol configured on the machine. See tomsterdam.com if you need instructions on reconnecting oe files when you move them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)...

cannot approve conference query in outlook 2003
Could somebody help me to solve this problem: I have some Windwos 2000 domain with 30 Clients and an Exchange 2000 server. The Clients are running Outlook 2003. My Problem is that only one of my Users cannot approve the conference query of a special other user on the network. All other conference querys can be approved and timed in the calendar correctly. Also the approval is possible from another client with the same user logged on. The detailed error discription is in german language: "Das Formular zur Anzeige dieser Nachricht kann nicht geladen werden wenden sie sich an ihren Syst...

Outlook 2003 #237
When I receive an email from on specific person I get the following message "Your current security settings prohibit running activex controls on this page." Where do I fix this?? I have looked everywhere. Thanks. ...

outlook #172
I loaded Outlook 2002 on my computer. When I try to open Outlook, I get the following message. "Your microsoft exchange server is unavailable". I have window XP, cable modem, and outlook has been set as default mail. How come I can't use outlook? I have outlook express, but don't want to delete it until outlook is working? David godscountry@linkline.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I loaded Outlook 2002 on my computer. When I try to open > Outlook, I get the following message. "Your microsoft > exchange server is unavailable&q...

outlook wont open #3
this is our error message ...... can anyone help?? thanks Problem signature: Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: OUTLOOK.EXE Application Version: 12.0.6023.5000 Application Timestamp: 46574050 Fault Module Name: StackHash_e405 Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386 Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bdc9 Exception Code: c0000374 Exception Offset: 000af1c9 OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3 Locale ID: 3081 Additional Information 1: e405 Additional Information 2: 8f21fbc8faf7c7be583cd903e38ccf16 Additional Information 3: c116 Additional Information 4: d7bba89f47...