Rights to Create without Read

Hi All,
I need to assign users the rights to create custom entity, but that
users shouldn't be able to read the entity. Is it possible? It's
actually the automation in the application, so there is an application
running in the callout to create custom entity if Contact/Account is
created. This additional custom entity is confidential, that not all
users should see, including users that create Contact/Account. I have
tried to give user rights to Create only, but the application throws
exception that User does not have rights. Is there anyway that user
can create the record but not be able to read it?

Regards,
Gunady Ng

0
Gunady
3/21/2007 3:16:30 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi,
Nope, you have to give read rights if you want to give them create rights.

one way around is, once user creates the entity record, through callouts,
you assign that record to some Administrator/ or someother user and remove
the sharing rights from the creator. In this way if user dont have access ot
other's records than he will not be albe to read the other's records.

Another way around is, if you just want to hide some of the fields of that
entity, than on onLoad event of that entity, you just hide those fields and
let the user see other fields which are ok for them to read.

PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not.

You may contact me directly at my email if you need any CRM help.
--
take care,
uMar Khan

"Gunady" wrote:

> Hi All,
> I need to assign users the rights to create custom entity, but that
> users shouldn't be able to read the entity. Is it possible? It's
> actually the automation in the application, so there is an application
> running in the callout to create custom entity if Contact/Account is
> created. This additional custom entity is confidential, that not all
> users should see, including users that create Contact/Account. I have
> tried to give user rights to Create only, but the application throws
> exception that User does not have rights. Is there anyway that user
> can create the record but not be able to read it?
>
> Regards,
> Gunady Ng

You can hide the navigation link for those users that should not see
the data.
You may have to write a script that give a persons system_userid
returns a true or false and then use that result to hide the buttons.

Mike
www.mbscrm.com

On Mar 20, 11:16 pm, "Gunady" <Gun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I need to assign users the rights to create custom entity, but that
> users shouldn't be able to read the entity. Is it possible? It's
> actually the automation in the application, so there is an application
> running in the callout to create custom entity if Contact/Account is
> created. This additional custom entity is confidential, that not all
> users should see, including users that create Contact/Account. I have
> tried to give user rights to Create only, but the application throws
> exception that User does not have rights. Is there anyway that user
> can create the record but not be able to read it?
>
> Regards,
> Gunady Ng

0
MikeFrye
3/23/2007 9:40:18 PM
On Mar 21, 5:57 pm, uMar Khan <imu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Nope, you have to give read rights if you want to give them create rights.
>
> one way around is, once user creates the entity record, through callouts,
> you assign that record to some Administrator/ or someother user and remove
> the sharing rights from the creator. In this way if user dont have access ot
> other's records than he will not be albe to read the other's records.
>
> Another way around is, if you just want to hide some of the fields of that
> entity, than on onLoad event of that entity, you just hide those fields and
> let the user see other fields which are ok for them to read.
>
> PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not.
>
> You may contact me directly at my email if you need any CRM help.
> --
> take care,
> uMar Khan
> imu...@gmail.com
>

> "Gunady" wrote:
> > Hi All,
> > I need to assign users the rights to create custom entity, but that
> > users shouldn't be able to read the entity. Is it possible? It's
> > actually the automation in the application, so there is an application
> > running in the callout to create custom entity if Contact/Account is
> > created. This additional custom entity is confidential, that not all
> > users should see, including users that create Contact/Account. I have
> > tried to give user rights to Create only, but the application throws
> > exception that User does not have rights. Is there anyway that user
> > can create the record but not be able to read it?
>
> > Regards,
> > Gunady Ng- Hide quoted text -

Thank for the answers. But to hide it in the form has another
complexity which users are allowed to print the form, then all the
content on the forms will be printed.

0
Gunady

EMail Read-receipts
Hi, Can we have email read-receipt functionality please. We use quick campaigns to send out questionnaires but do need a read-receipt to indicate that the email has been seen. -- Pete ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Business...

All office apps close without warning
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hello, I just bought Office 2008 for Mac, and although I love this new version, every application (Word, Excel, etc) close on me (due to an unexpected error) constantly while I'm trying to use them. It results in a loss of data, and has become extremely frustrating for me, since I rely on these apps. I got the newest update to work (12.1.17), but it does NOT clear up the problem. I bought the student license for Office 2008 at my university bookstore, so it is a one-time installation (re-installation is not an option)...

Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting
Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. those cells looks like; |adjacent cells |cells| |some characters | A | |some characters | B | |some characters | A | |some characters | A | |some characters | B | I am trying to select adjacent cells of A cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. Thank you for your help. Adjacent in this case, means? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgr...

Preventing [Read Only]
Is it possible to stop people opening a workbook in read only format? I have a document which when used, prints individually numbered labels, and saves the information in an archive. Instances have occurred where reference has been made to a certain label number, bu it relates to different information than what he archive says. All because somebocy produced the label in read only mode, therefore not saving the information in the archive. Saved from a previous post. How about closing the workbook if it's opened readonly--and this'll only work if macros are enabled! Option Explic...

How do I send newslette in email without showing the publisher too
When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, it takes you to the publisher program page where I built it. How can I send a "finished" newsletter out? As a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Lifefire" <Lifefire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4E8B0FB-B033-4393-8F27-DFAAA6DD37A5@microsoft.com... > When I email my newsletter as an attachment, when you open the attachment, > it > takes you to the publisher program page w...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

creating labels
hi, how can i create labels so I can input about 100 names and they will print off in a label style, Ive tried everything please help!! -- \m/ O_O \m/ Laura..... :) Liverpool, England Laura, I would do a mail merge with word, For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups s...

Creating a new default message template
I have a email template that I want to make the default. In other words, when you click on New to create a new email, I want the message template that I have created to come up as the default. Does anyone know how to do this? What you are proposing is a very bad idea. Using a custom form as the = default for new messages will guarantee that non-Outlook recipients = won't be able to read attachments you send.=20 I'd suggest that you back up and explain what functionality you were = hoping to add by changing the message form, and in what version of = Outlook.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, ...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

Determine Which Button was Right-Clicked?
All, I am using the code below (started from a sample from one of these groups) to programmatically create a series of buttons in a vertical strip on a form on Form Open. I have a context menu which appears when the user right-clicks any button on the form. How do I "tell" the context menu (really a function on the context menu) which button was right-clicked? I know how to get button attributes when the user left-clicks...but that's not what I need... Is there a way to do this? Thanks, Patrick Code::: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: ...

COleSafeArray::Create throws CMemoryException
Hi why does COleSafeArray::Create throw a CMemoryException if the array to create is larger than ullAvailPhys but smaller then ullAvailVirtual as returned by GlobalMemoryStatusEx Are all safearrays kept in physical memory and not swapped to page file I use Windows XP Thank HS ...

Need to create an automatic hyperlink
I'm using Excel 2003, Windows XP. Okay I have a workbook with a main spreadsheet and about 150 other spreadsheets with images in them. I have the names of the other spreadsheets in cell b2. How do I create a hyperlink that will concantenate the name in cell b2 to a hyperlink and point it to the spreadsheet with that name? I know I can do it by manually selecting each cell and hyperlinking manually, but with over 150 it's taking a while. Thanks. I tried =HYPERLINK("file:////"&b2,"Click me!") and it fails (can't find specified file)...

limit create window/control max count?
Hi all. I am testing a create control. But I want create many control (more 10000) in dialog. I test dynamic create CButton. It's created about 9800. I want work. 1. have a two dialog.(A, B) 2. A dialog has 40 controls(Button, Spin, static). 3. B dialog has contain A dialog. A dialog is more than 200. 4. create A dialog dynamic.(Using A->Create(IDD, this)) and attach B dialog. A dialog is modaless. 5. But not create about 190. dialog create function return 0. thank for read. Have a nice day. You need to redesign your system, IMO. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com...

Line-break in a cell without ALT-ENTER?
Is there a way to do this? I would like to make it so when the user hits "ENTER", it doesn't go to the next cell. I want it to just make a line-break in the cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a couple of macros, but before you do that, how would you really hit the enter key? I think I wouldn't really do this, but if had to, I'd remap the enter key from the numeric keyboard only. Then I could still use the QWER...

BULK Conditional Formatting
I've read the posts on conditional formatting for cell colour based o another cell's value (eg. set the conditional formatting to "formul is" and then "=A1>0" and set the colour as red / blue / whatever...) however wondering if I can do this for an entire column withou individually changing the conditional formatting for each cell one b one (as there are over 400 rows). Basically I need a formula that reads the contents of column B for th particular row that is active. Can anyone help -- Rob Moyl ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Problem creating 2003 PST file
Hi, I am currently running Outlook 2003 (Client). I am trying to create a new PST file. However when I try to add a new file (file\new\outlook data file\) I can only select: Outlook 97-2002 Personal Folder File. On the microsoft website it says I should see something like "Office Outlook Personal Folders File (.pst)" but it is not listed. Is there any way to correct this?? I am running Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks for any help, Wouter Hi, Kan iemand mij helpen? Het moet mogelijk zijn om bij het verzenden van een emailtje de afzender te veranderen. Ooit wist ik het, maar ik ben...

Creating users via powershell
I am using the windows powershell cmdlets to set up new users automatically in AD 2003. I am particularly using the cmdlets from quest such get-qaduser and new-qaduser. To setup bulk number of users I have to setup a csv file and then import them into the script. The script is below: #Get-UserGroups.ps1 #sample CSV heading # "Name,Firstname,Lastname,SAMAccountname,Telephone,Office,Department,Title,City,Company" $file="C:\employees.csv" if ((Get-Item $file -ea "silentlycontinue" ).exists) { Import-Csv $file | ForEach-Object { ...

Creating a task with a duration = sum of all tasks durations
Is it possible to have a task that has a duration equal the sum of the duration for a set of tasks and that has work for that task calculated automatically based on a formula of say number of hours per day times the number of days duration? Duration is not additive but work is. Imagine a summary task that has 3 subtasks, each of which lasts one day. If the three are in parallel, starting together, they all finish at the same timne and all work on the summary is complete since all work on its children is complete, The summary task duration is 1 day. But as to work, each subt...

text size in reading pane
Where is the font selection / text size control for the Outlook 2003 reading pane (incoming emails)? I just bought a brand new dell with windows xp and all and I can't even increase the text size of incoming emails as I could with older versions of Outlook Express. I have been trying to figure this out for around 15 hours now and have come up empty. What kind of progress is this anyway???? A program rendered unable to accomplish such a simple practical thing like that!! Im very upset. My vision is poor. Unless I get an answer soon, I am considering a return of this unit to dell...

input not erasing old data without notice?
Hi, Here is the problem I need to solve with Excel and hope to hear solution suggestions from this NG... I have a sheet named "Gorev" where I enter the "teacher name", "lesson&class" and "period for this lesson" info row by row for each different task. This info is then used in another sheet named "Haftaplan" where the top row holds the period labels, A:A column holds the names of teachers while the matrix region (area) between these two axis displays the data of the "lesson&class names" retrieved from lists via the formula ...

Creating timelines that don't use time as the horizontal measureme
Is it possible to use the timeline functionality of visio without using time as the horizontal meter? I want to have the same functionality of a timeline, but use it to express events that happen over a range of values from 0-100. ...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

How do I create a pictograph in Excel?
I am trying to create a pictograph in Excel, but I don't see it as an option on the chart wizard. How can I do this? Hi, You can use a picture as the fill effect. The Format dialog Patterns tab has a Fill Effects button. This allows you to select a image to use and also determine how that image should be display. Such as stretching it to the appropriate height or using the image per unit. For more information see Jon Peltier's explanation. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomStacks.html Cheers Andy ldimes4 wrote: > I am trying to create a pictograph in Excel, bu...

How do I create a donut chart in Excel
How can I import Outlook Calender months into Excel and create a donut chart? Can anybody help me? Thanks ...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...