Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities

Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the
record forms
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pretty limiting eh?  Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings.
Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't.  Just get in the habit
of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

--
Brandon Smith
IT Director

"Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the
> record forms

0
Brandon

Excel 2003
Hi! I often work with spreadsheets of 4-10 columns and as many as 400 rows. Lately (maybe since I loaded 2003, I can't remember) whenever I try t copy or cut large numbers of cells I get the message: "The picture is too large and will be truncated." I used to cut and copy large numbers of cells in Excel for XP all th time...can anyone help? thanks! Greg -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm the same guy who posted the question... ...but here's the thing I've since figured out: Even though I get that message, Excel still copies all my data to...

How do I copy my calendar from Exchange to another?
Hi, My department is becoming a company of its own so we're getting our own Exchange Server 2003. We're currently on our parent company's Exchange 2000 machine. Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my calendar to the new machine? Thanks, Sam "Sam" <sam@globalwebcentral.com> wrote in news:OqAjOpW2DHA.1740 @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Once our own Exchange 2003 server is up and running, how do I copy my > calendar to the new machine? One calendar? Export it to a pst file and import it into your new mailbox. Multiple calendars...

Drag Email into Access Form
As a way of monortoing Email useage i would like to be able to drag an email from Outlook into a memo field on an access form. Currently it only drags the header, how do i get the body of the email message dragged across as well? ...

paste value vs type value (formula not working)
Hi. I have a formula that works just fine, as long as i paste the values from the original list and not type the numbers in. There are no hidden spaces (that I know of), but when I type the same value that I have in my orignial list, the formula gives me an error (#N/A). When I copy and paste values (from the original list) it works just fine. Any clues? (an array formula) =INDEX(TSCA_REQ,MATCH(1,(B202>=TSCA_MIN)*(B202<=TSCA_MAX),0)) HI Jeremy If its an ARRAY Formula, you must press Control-Shift-Enter, Try it and see Good Luck Cimjet "J.W. Aldridge" <jeremy.w.aldrid...

Copy Journal Analysis Information
When copying a Posted Journal, all the accounts will be copied in the new Journal correctly, but if the analytical accounting is used the analysis dimensions are not copied to the new journal..?? This feature is very important because the user does not want to enter the analysis information for recurring or copied journals. -- Raze Bahrain ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

No menu when right-clicking
Hi! When I right click on a selected area in Excel 2000, the=20 area gets copied instead of showing me the ordinary right- click-menu (where you can for example do inserts etc). I=20 don=B4t know anything about programming and I wonder if I=20 can solve this by just using the buttons and menus in=20 Excel? (The menu that I=B4m missing when right-clicking is=20 the one you get if you press Shift+F10). Can anyone help=20 me out? Big thanks! Ewa. Hello Since you don't know much about programming here's a step by step procedure to reset your commandbar using a macro: Tools, Macro, New ...

How to Copy Company in the Same Server
Hi, I want to create a training company from the live company(with data) onto the same server. Is there any special procedure to do this activity. Regards musman@iffco.com Create a new company using GP Utilities. Back up the live company using Enterprise Manager Do a Force Restore of the live company database over the new company That's it! leslie "Muhammad Usman" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to create a training company from the live company(with data) onto > the same server. Is there any special procedure to do this activity. > > Regards > > mus...

Can not right click items in Outlook 2003 #2
Hello, Has anyone come across a problem in Outlook 2003 11.6359.6360 SP1 where you can not right click items and get the quick menu items? So for example, if I right click a mail message nothing comes up, versus the reply, mark as read, etc items. Thanks Much Lots of people are reporting it, but we don't have a fix yet. Are you using a script blocker? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://ww...

Paste a range of cells in the body of an email
I have been trying to get the code to work for copying a range of cells and pasting it into the body of an email I am using excel 2007 and Lotus Notes 7.0.2 My current code works kinda sorta. It will copy and paste the text into the body of an email. But it does not open a new email it replys to a email that is in my in box. It also sends an email but it is a blank email. I would do just an attachment but the department I need to send the email to says they can not open the attachment........... Anyone have code that can do this? thanks Marie All you ever need to know ...

Pasting an Outlook '07 email message item/object in a Word '07 doc
Is there a way to paste an Outlook '07 email message item/object into a Word '07 document? If in Outlook, you use File>Save to save the message as an Outlook message, you can then select and copy that .msg file and paste it into a Word document. Then in the Word document, if you double click on the message, it will open as an Outlook message. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "George" <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

OWA Rights to Mailbox problem
We have installed and additional Exchange 5.5 server to our site with OWA and IIS. OWA works fine on original server but if we move a mailbox to the new server, the user cannot forward, delete or send a new message using OWA. The mailbox recieves new mail and it can be read, but it ends there. Can't add to Calander or contacts. Missing some permissions setting, just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan ...

admin rights to user accounts in exchange 2000
Before we upgraded to exchange 2000 from exchange 5.5, I was able to log in as any of my users inbox and other folders as long as I was logged in as administrator. When using OWA, I'd like to be able to log in as the administrator and then put the user name at the end of the line so that I can do it (example log on to www.mydomain.com/exchange using administrator for user name, then going up to address line and adding /user1 to the end) That no longer seems to work. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Thanks. Personally, I don't like admins who want access to users'...

Mailbox "send as" rights in exchange 2003
When you give users "send as" rights to a exchange 2003 mailbox and these users reply to an email in the target users mailbox the email sent goes into the users mailbox who is doing the replying/"sending as" not the mailbox itself. IS there a way to get the mail to go the sent items of the mailbox owner not the user who is "sending as" sent items. Hi, have a look on: http://www.lucatec.de/mask This could be a nice solution for you. It is a small utility which automates certain routine tasks if you're working with a Microsoft Exchange Server and have se...

copy web shortcut to outlook bar
Can't open this item. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run Setup again for the program. ...

automate copying of mails in outlook
hi, how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? thanks See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm for tools that may be able to help. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message news:%2394KYEFBFHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi, > how can i automate copying of mails in outlook public folders to C drive? > thanks > > is there ...

Changing the calculation order
Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to start fro the lower right? Excel automatically adjusts its final calculation order depending on the dependency chain in such a way as to get the correct result regardless of formula sequence. Why would you want to change this? Charles ______________________ Decision Models FastExcel 2.1 now available www.DecisionModels.com "A Process Modeler" <A Process Modeler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D17FF7C-D763-4FAB-980C-463DB8A75FCA@microsoft.com... > Can the order that Excel recalculates be changed to ...

ESM security rights inheritance
Hi, I'm having some difficulty trying to remove a security right which has been defined by error. When I open ESM (ex2k3) and take properties at the top level, it says the security setting (that I want to delete) is inherited from parent. Where can I find this parent? How should I remove this right? I have administrator (from local pc) and a individual user in there and I want them out of the security settings. regards david When you say 'top level' what do you mean? At the Exchange Org level or at the server level? "David De Smet" <administrator@mebuma...

copy with format
I have a sheet with various formattings (background and text colored, large and small texts, borders etc.). When I copy and paste it into another sheet I get the text only and all formattings are lost. Paste special has only text and unicode. Is there any way to copy everything? Thanks Horst Do you want to copy to a brand new sheet or an existing sheet? To a brand new sheet, I use edit > move or copy sheet and then tick = create a copy. This way I get all the formatting. To an existing sheet, I do copy and paste and I get the formatting as = well. If I do paste special, then I don...

Exchange design in production for a staging copy of CRM
I'm looking for advice (beyond the 'NO, DON'T DO IT') to design a second exchange 2003 server into our production domain for staging of our CRM 3.0 environment. I know this is an administrative nightmare, but I have to ask the question. We are dissebling our development domain that houses our development CRM instance (don't ask). The development CRM hardware will become a staging instance of CRM on our production domain (staging CRM will be a fresh installation, but will touch an old copy of production CRM's database). Basic production layout: - Production PDC - Prod...

how can i call the copy command of Windows or Drag and Drop in VC+
how can i copy a file or directory in vc++? how can i call the copy command of Windows or Drag and Drop in VC++? thanks! You would not want to "call the copy command". That is an obsolete Unix-Mind-Set approach to problem solving. What you want to do is copy a file. There are two options available. For simple file copy, you can simply call the CopyFile API. That way, when it fails, you will be able to determine EXACTLY why it failed, and either perform appropriate recovery or give the user a USEFUL error message as to what happened. The other option, a good deal more complex, is to...

Skill of dragging the little cross
Hi all, I'm using Excel 2003 to generate a sheet like following. A1 is the only "price", which I could change the value. From B1 to B200, perhaps, the cells show the quantities. Cells from C1 to C200 show the costs, which is always Cost multiplied by A1(Price). So I type a formula in C1, which is B1*A1. This one is well working. Of course, I don't want to type all the 200 cells one by one. So I drag the little cross at the right bottom corner of C1 to make it expand to C200. I expect that all the value should become Bn*A1. However, all the values become Bn*An, instead o...

double click excel file on the desktop excel opens but not file?
double click excel file on the desktop excel opens but not file? Is there a setting to fix this? JPT, Try Tools - Options - General. Deselect "Ignore other applications." -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "JPT4266" <JPT4266@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1936671A-0A40-44C0-BD3B-93F93990DE4B@microsoft.com... > double click excel file on the desktop excel opens but not file? > > Is there a setting to fix this? That worked thank you "Earl Kiosterud" wrote: > JPT, > > Try Tools - Options - General. Deselect &q...

Drop Down List in Excel
Hello, I need to analyse survey data in excel. I can make a drop down list in Excel, via Validation, and get the option to enter one choice. However, one question asks respondents to select "all" that apply. I do not know how to do this, there are anything from one to six selections. The ideal choice would be to be able to selct more than one rather than have to enter each choice as a new column. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks maybe this would work, if your dropdown menu is in A1 and the formula is in B1 =IF(A1="a",1,IF(A1="B",2,IF(A1="...

In cell drop down button disappeared
I have a column with a data validation list. My drop down arrow doesn't show up anymore when I select the cell. It has been working for a year with no problem. Where did it go? I looked in Tools-Options to see if anything was unchecked, but all looks good. Any ideas? Joe Excel 2003 If you select the cell and do data>validation is allow list and in-cell dropdown still there (and checked)? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e5LtKqoGFHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a column with a data va...

Pasting Values #2
Hi, I have developed a quoting tool which creates an output sheet detailing all the info, What I would like to be able to do is take a copy of this and paste the values (and Format to a new workbook). I'm currently doing this manually and I unsure how to automate it! I have never used VB which I'm guessing is the only way of doing it, so please be gentle!! Thanks, Sam. -- sammy2x ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sammy2x's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29674 View this thread: http://www.excelf...