Right click , drag and drop and cut , copy paste facilities

Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the
record forms
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Pretty limiting eh?  Just chalk it up as one of many CRM shortcomings.
Sometimes you can right click, sometimes you can't.  Just get in the habit
of using Ctrl + C and Ctrl + V.

--
Brandon Smith
IT Director

"Nitin" <Nitin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why can't we have drag and drop , cut and paste facilities in any of the
> record forms

0
Brandon

combining tabs through drop downs
I'm not even sure if this is possible, or how easy/difficult it would be, but if someone could at least tell me where to look or what I need to start researching to be able to do this it would be great. Basically, I want to take a workbook that has 10 tabs - each of the tabs has similar formatting, but different info. What I want to do is combine it all onto a single tab and use a drop down to select what info is viewable. ie - rather than having tabs for june, july, and august, those would be drop down choices. Keeping in mind that the info for each is similar in formatting, but not e...

How do I cut closely in 2003
In Pub 2000 you used to be able to press an icon and it would give you loads of points aroung a picture, so you could then cut it and remove backgrounds or if you wanted to no have it so rigid around the edges, I now have Pub 2003 and I cannot seem to get this all I can get it a square crop Can anyone help? Place your cursor anywhere on the edge of the image, click and a new point will automatically be created. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "tessywessy" <tessywessy@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Excel
Excel is the only application that I use in Windows that wipes out the clipboard after I paste. I often need to past the same information multiple times and I wishthere was an option box that allowed me to keep the clipboard after every past ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&quo...

copy/paste
I used to be able to right click to copy paste highlited cells, now nothing comes up when right clicking See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Michael Garland" <MichaelGarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F256097-EB66-4C95-A42A-EF567E30143E@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to right click to copy paste highlited cells, now nothing > comes up when right clicking ...

Drop down menus
In OUTLOOK, can the subject drop down list be editted? ...

How to only "paste values" of cells that are not "hidden"?
Hello, In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, and I need to copy columns A and C and paste values into another Excel document. How can I do that? When I select columns A and C, copy and paste values, the other document contains columns A,B and C, instead of just columns A and C. Thank you! Don't drag-select, control-click A and then C, for scattered-selection. Danny On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:33:01 -0700, Sam <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hello, > > In my document, many columns are hidden. Say column B is hidden, &g...

Problem with copying and pasting tasks and keeping predecessors in
I am doing a consulting project for an organization that has a bit of an unusual request. We are doing a conversion from an old mail system to Microsoft Exchange 2007. We have developed a checklist for the technicians to follow with about 50 detailed tasks (things like, "Open up Exchange Management Console", "Assure the 'Forward' Button is unchecked", etc.). The CIO expects me to enter each of the tasks from the checklist into the project plan. Instead of having a line on the project plan with a task, "Covert Leroy Smith's Mailbox" wi...

Double-click notifications from a button?
How do you get double-click notifications from a button in an MFC dialog? I created an "ordinary" button using the resource editor. When instantiated, it has the BS_NOTIFY style, according to Spy++. If this button is double-clicked, it sends a BN_CLICKED message, but no BN_DOUBLECLICKED. This is Win XP Pro SP1 and VC++ 6.0 SP5. I would prefer to avoid solutions that require timing to see if single-clicks should be combined, and those which require me to wait after a single-click to see if another click is coming. sherNOwoodSPAM@computer.org (remove caps to get e-mail) I'...

how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together
in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299 (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on. Jon, Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is =H6*$H$3 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDAB488A-5CDA-47A2-AD...

Somehow disabled the ability to click on links in e-mail
A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing happens. Can I correct this? Thanks in advance. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- Matt <buddyheadx@yahoo.com> wrote: > A link will show up in an e-mail but when I click on it, nothing > happens. Can I correct this? In Internet Explorer, click Tools>Internet Options>Programs>Reset Web Settings -- Brian Tillman ...

Drag 'n' Drop in Calendar ?
As a Quicken user, I've grown accustomed to dragging items from a memorized transaction list to a date in the calendar. This adds a new transaction for the target date, with the ability to change the amount for that specific transaction. Is there a similar function in Money 2003 calendar? Thanks in advance. Mark You can't do this in Money. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggest...

Pasting "Character Spacing" adjusted text
Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>by 2.5 rather than "Suberscript" for all the verse numbers. Is there a way to Copy the text and paste it into Publisher to maintain the appearance of the raised verse numbers? I do not see the Character Spacing formatting features in Publisher. We are using Office 2002. Jim wrote: > Our church office secretary has the Bible on a CD in a Word document. > They have used Format>Font>Character Spacing>Position >Raised>...

Right click copy pictures in email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I just switched from Office X to Office 2004. I emails with pictures in them. In Office X, I could right click to copy them. In Office 2004, when I try to right click, nothing happens. <br><br>Is there any way to copy a picture that is embedded in an email? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342031805_7549207 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" ...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy. #2

cut and paste #2
Working in v.2003 when I cut a phrase or sentence from another doc either word or a web page, many times when I paste it comes with the text boxes. How do cut and paste without these boxes being transfered to the publisher doc? Place the cursor in the text box, then paste. If you simply paste a new text box is created. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "misskitty" <misskitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92D49CEA-A891-4320-9867-88C9004A17D6@microsoft.com... > Working in v.2003 ...

Who should release the global memory during drag & drop?
I have one question about the global memory manipulation of drag & drop data object. Drag source can allocate a global memory block and call COleDataSource::CacheGlobalData() to provide drag source data. Drop target can get the global memory block by calling COleDataObject::GetGlobalData() to retrive the global memory handle. I found COleDataObject::GetGlobalData() return the different global memory handle value to what Drag source pass to COleDataSource::CacheGlobalData(). Many sample codes call GlobalFree() as many times as they call COleDataObject:: GetGlobalData(). Is it correct? Do...

Pasting subtotals only
How do I paste subtotals only of a list into another worksheet without the background data? Adjust the subtotals to your liking, select the range, press F5 and select special and visible cells only copy and paste -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Greg glenn" <Greg glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C55190AD-4F52-4132-9588-615DA1F19C66@microsoft.com... > How do I paste subtotals only of a list into another worksheet without the > background data? ...

clipboard copy doesn't work
(USING OFFICE XP: EXCEL) I have a string that is more than 255 characters long in Excel so it gets displayed as bunch of pound signs (#). That is ok, but when I select that cell and copy (Ctrl + C), all the pound signs get copied to the clipboard. It also writes out all the pound signs when i save the file in a text format (like .csv, comma-delimited). This is extremely irritating because it means I am going to have to write a macro to sift through the thousands of rows of my excel file and write out the values to a text file. I understand why you would want to display pound sig...

Copy a slide in greyscale/grayscale
Help ! In PowerPoint 97 it was possible, when in slide sorter view, to change to greyscale/grayscale and copy a slide. When this slide was then pasted into Publisher it would appear in Grayscale. I've tried doing this with PowerPoint 2003 and it converts the slide back to colour. Any clues ?? Many thanks. David wrote: > Help ! In PowerPoint 97 it was possible, when in slide > sorter view, to change to greyscale/grayscale and copy a > slide. When this slide was then pasted into Publisher it > would appear in Grayscale. > > I've tried doing this with Pow...

Leave a Copy of Messages on Server
Office XP SP3, Outlook 2007 SP1 I like to leave my messages on the server in case I'm away from my regular computers. I can still reference them with webmail. I use Outlook on 2 different computers, however. After I've checked my mail on one of them and then use Outlook on the other computer, I will get duplicates of all the emails that I received on the first computer. It looks like each Outlook program keeps it's own record of where it stopped downloading. Is there a way to tell Outlook to only download unread emails? Is there another solution? I suppose I could del...

copy/paste into excel changes numbers into date format
I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into excel. Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) Excel (2003) always converts this number to date format no matter what I format the cells as. I have been unsuccesful in converting back to the same format. Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks Hi try formating the cell s as 'Text' before pasting the values -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Rufus wrote: > I need to copy a lot of raw data from html format into > excel. > > Most of the data consists of a min/max figure (eg. 31/45) &...

.xls file not found when .xls file clicked
Hi Folks, I have a problem that is driving me up the wall. Whenever I click file of the type xxxx.xls (whether in browser, email, desktop commander or anywhere), my excel program opens up and then I get a error message saying that xxxx.xls cannot be found. When I open up excel and do it the long way by moving down the path t the place where the file is located everything is OK Excel is set as my standard program for .xls extensions. This means that when I get an excel file in an email, I cant just clic it to open it up; instead I have to save it somewhere, then open u excel, find the place ...

why do I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes
When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? Did you click File|SaveAs instead of File|Save? Jennifer wrote: > > When I try and save a workbook, I get a message that says save a copy or > overwrite changes. Why am I getting this message? -- Dave Peterson ...