Retrieving ObjectTypeCode using client javascript?

Is there a way to retrieve an entity's ObjectTypeCode via client script?
Thanks.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

crmForm.ObjectTypeCode

The SDK has complete info on the object model available to you in the cliet
script.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Is there a way to retrieve an entity's ObjectTypeCode via client script?
Thanks.

0
Matt
6/26/2006 2:54:13 AM
Sorry... I did not explain the issue well in my original post.

I have created several custom entities and I've noticed that their
objecttypecodes are different when they're exported/imported via
customizations.xml to different servers.  With this issue, I'll need to be
able to get their objecttypecodes at run time via client scripts on custom
aspx pages given their schema names.  Also, these entities are not usually
displayed on the form.

"Matt Parks" wrote:

> crmForm.ObjectTypeCode
>
> The SDK has complete info on the object model available to you in the cliet
> script.
>
> --
>
> Matt Parks
> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>

> "ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to retrieve an entity's ObjectTypeCode via client script?
> Thanks.

If you're inside a custom aspx page, you can query the metadata to retrieve
the object type codes (see RetrieveEntityMetadata in the SDK). Place them
into hidden fields or div elements for easy access on the client, for
instance:

On the client use document.all.custom_entity1.getAttribute("otc");

--
Michael

http://www.stunnware.com/crm

"ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Sorry... I did not explain the issue well in my original post.
>
> I have created several custom entities and I've noticed that their
> objecttypecodes are different when they're exported/imported via
> customizations.xml to different servers.  With this issue, I'll need to be
> able to get their objecttypecodes at run time via client scripts on custom
> aspx pages given their schema names.  Also, these entities are not usually
> displayed on the form.
>

> "Matt Parks" wrote:
>
>> crmForm.ObjectTypeCode
>>
>> The SDK has complete info on the object model available to you in the
>> cliet
>> script.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Matt Parks
>> MVP - Microsoft CRM
>>

>> "ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to retrieve an entity's ObjectTypeCode via client script?
>> Thanks.

0
Michael
6/26/2006 4:02:22 PM
Thank you.  This should work for me. :)

"Michael Höhne" wrote:

> If you're inside a custom aspx page, you can query the metadata to retrieve
> the object type codes (see RetrieveEntityMetadata in the SDK). Place them
> into hidden fields or div elements for easy access on the client, for
> instance:

> On the client use document.all.custom_entity1.getAttribute("otc");
>
> --
> Michael
>
> http://www.stunnware.com/crm

> "ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Sorry... I did not explain the issue well in my original post.
> >
> > I have created several custom entities and I've noticed that their
> > objecttypecodes are different when they're exported/imported via
> > customizations.xml to different servers.  With this issue, I'll need to be
> > able to get their objecttypecodes at run time via client scripts on custom
> > aspx pages given their schema names.  Also, these entities are not usually
> > displayed on the form.
> >

> > "Matt Parks" wrote:
> >
> >> crmForm.ObjectTypeCode
> >>
> >> The SDK has complete info on the object model available to you in the
> >> cliet
> >> script.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Matt Parks
> >> MVP - Microsoft CRM
> >>

> >> "ss" <ss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Is there a way to retrieve an entity's ObjectTypeCode via client script?
> >> Thanks.

action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallAbpAction failed:exception from HRESULT: 0xFFFFFFFFF
Hi, I installed Windows 2003 SP1, SQL 2005, Exchange 2003 and CRM 3.0 on a Virtual PC, the client (offline-enabled) should be a Laptop with Office 2003 sp3 but alltime I try to install, the setup abord because he don't find the MAPISVC.INF file unter C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 ( !!! ), This File is unter COMMON FILE and not unter SYSTEM32 (!!), any idea ? Thanks ok, I found the Problem, never mix Language Version ! with Office English it 's work ! Thanks "MV" <MV@MV.MV> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:%23rAeT1rIGHA.500@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, I installed Windows...

Using SUMIF i want to say IF A=1 & B=2 then sum C any help pleas
I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C Try this, adjust the range to match your data: =SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A100=1), --(B1:B100=2), C1:C100) Does that help? -- "Actually, I *am* a rocket scientist." -- JB (www.MadRocketScientist.com) Your feedback is appreciated, click YES if this post helped you. "Peter" wrote: > I want to single out a sum that has two common detonators row A and B, IF row > A=1 and row B=2 then sum row C That's quite an explosive worksheet you have<...

Using ALT with Toolbar Character
In Great Plains 8.0, when I press the Alt key, I see toolbar button characters underlined and can press a character to choose a toolbar option. If I don't press Alt, the characters are not underlined. Is there an option I can set somewhere so that I always see the underlined characters, without first pressing Alt? Thanks! Mary Hi Mary This is actually a Windows feature as it behaves like that for all windows applications. I think there is a setting to change this behaviour but I have not been able to find it. If someone can remember where this setting is, please post it here...

Problem in converting double to String useing fprintf()
Dearl all, I found a problem in converting a double number to string by using fprintf. Please see the following code: double myDouble = 393.525; char mystringDouble[100]; fprintf( mystringDouble, "%.2f", myDouble ); // After this line mystringDouble will be "393.52" myDouble = 394.525; fprintf( mystringDouble, "%.2f", myDouble ); // After this line mystringDouble will be "394.53" I wonder why the 2nd part of my code can rounding myDouble correctly, while the 1st part fail? Any method can round double correctly in MFC? Marco Any of the printf func...

Update CRM Entity records using Javascript
Hi, Is there any way to update a field in the related parent entity records using JS CRM WebService call? I have a related record and on save of this, I want to change the status of the parent record. This I want to do in JavaScript.. Is there any way? or can anyone please send me queryexpression or other js code? -- romeo!! Hi Romeo, You may want to search for info on using the parent.document JScript. If you have a contact form that has a parent account, you can use the parent.document to make changes to the parent, but you may also want to consider what happens with that parent ...

Syncronization Problems Using High Speed Internet
I can sync all Outlook 2000 folders with my corporate Microsoft Exchange Server when using a dial-up connection thru my VPN. However, when I switch to my cable modem thru my VPN and syncronize Outlook to the Microsoft Exchange Server, I can not get anything in my Outbox to transport to the server. The syncronization process hangs up on sending. I have to close outlook and go back to the dial- up to complete the syncronization. Why the differences and what do I need to change to make the syncronization work while using a high speed internet connection. Thanks, Tim ...

Selecting multiple criteria in a report in Acc 2007 using a form
How can I select multiple criteria using a form to generate a report in Access 2007. -- Lady_Dee On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 17:38:04 -0800, Lady_Dee <LadyDee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I select multiple criteria using a form to generate a report in >Access 2007. By putting multiple instances of =[Forms]![NameOfForm]![NameOfControl] or other appropriate expressions on the Criteria line of a query, and use that query as the Recordsource for the report. For a more detailed answer please post a more detailed question. -- John W. Vins...

Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is used
Hello list- I experience strange problem with one of my users. It's only happening with his computer, others (~40) are not affected. Windows XP Professional SP2 (with all latest hot fixes), Microsoft Office 2003 Pro SP3 (including all updates) - all English. He is connecting to Exchange using native "cached Exchange mode". The problem is that Outlook freezes when "Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages" is selected, no matter whether it is new message, reply, or forward. Even if I terminate Outlook (through Task Manager) I can still see WINWORD.EXE running, ...

Attempting to print silently from Word using ShellExecuteEx
I am using an ActiveX control to print input documents and their OLE attachments to the proper applications. I am attempting to have the documents print silently. I print them in a loop calling ShellExecuteEx for each one in turn. Parameters are the same for all. E.g my program receives a report with a PDF file and two embedded OLE Word attachments. My loop first prints the PDF and it prints silently with no Popups whatsoever. After successfully extracting the OLE attachments and storing them in locally saved .doc file, I print them in the same loop using the same Shell...

Can't set the meeting importance using Redemption and New Mail
I am trying to set the importance of a meeting notice from the new mail event using redemption using this code: If ((PR_OBJECT_TYPE_VALUE = 5) _ And (PR_MESSAGE_CLASS_VALUE = "IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request")) Then Const PR_IMPORTANCE = 1507331 '23 ' for meeting messages Dim PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE As Long PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE = SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) Debug.Print "PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE 1(" & PR_IMPORTANCE_VALUE & ")" SafeMailItem.Fields(PR_IMPORTANCE) = olImportanceHigh PR_IMPORTANCE_V...

Saving Excel file as HTML USING C#
Hi All, I have a requirement of saving Excel files as HTML using C#. I have managed to write code for saving as HTLM file. however this seems to be not working in the once perticular case . For e.g I hav the following values are in column say A1 & A2. A1A2 D B B O A N G D V V A A L L 0 1 1 2 1 1 When I save this as HTML, I am getting saved file as below ( Note the change vertical display to horizontal) . Any suggestions / comments on this is highly appreciated. Thanks a lot for your time. DBAGVAL BONDVAL 0 1 1 2 1 1 Regards, Kewal ...

Retrieving Value From Subform Only Works In Break Mode 10-17-07
The code: ------------------------------------------------------------- 2550 With Me.subSecurity.Form 2551 If Me.subTrades.Enabled = True Then 2552 Me.subTrades.Form!txtParTotal.Requery 2553 curParTotal = Me.subTrades.Form!txtParTotal.Value 'MsgBox curParTotal 2554 !txtParTotal.Value = curParTotal 2555 !txtParTotal.Requery 2556 End If 2559 End With ------------------------------------------------------------- If I put a break on line 2552 or any line above it, the value gets retrieved and everything works a-ok. But with a break on line 2553 or no ...

Using WorkOrders for Service of Equipment
We would like to use the workorder function to keep track of equipment in for servicing. Is anybody doing that already, if yes - Can you outline the process you use, or is their a better way? We need this ASAP - so any help would be REALLY REALLY appreciated. Dan ps. You can reply directly to me at the following danny(at)skatepei.ca or post to the newsgroup. On May 18, 2:32=A0pm, "Dan-902" <al...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > We would like to use the workorder function to keep track of equipment in > for servicing. Is anybody doing that already, if yes - Can...

How can I set up a heat map using excel?
I am trying to create a heat map reflecting the risks of various items. Risk being related to the likelihood and signifcance of the events happening on scales of 1 to 5. 1 being the least significant or likely and 5 being the most. Any suggestions? ...

Can I retrieve e-mail sorted into folders from my internet mail?
I am setting up Outlook for the first time. I have a web-based email portal (paid subscription) that I have been using, and I have been storing my email in folders on the server. I have re-created each folder in Outlook--but is there a way to mass-import the emails into the correct folders? I don't want to have to put all of those e-mails into the inbox and then re-sort them! Spock_Rocks <Spock_Rocks@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am setting up Outlook for the first time. I have a web-based email > portal (paid subscription) that I have been using, and I have ...

Conditional formatting using weekday
Hi I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. Thanks It's OK, I've sorted it now. "violasrbest" wrote: > Hi > > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I need to > use conditional formatting, but I can't work out what formula to use. > > Thanks =?Utf-8?B?dmlvbGFzcmJlc3Q=?= wrote > I want to shade a cell if the date shown is not a weekday. I know I > need to use conditional formatting, but I can't work o...

Outlook using Word
I was hoping you could direct me to an article that might help me correct a Win XP problem. I just purchased a new laptop and have transistioned over to it all my Office programs and I have a issue with Outlook that even though I have checked the box setting Word as my email editor when I open a new email message I get the dialog box stating that "Word is either busy or cannot be found". I even get that message if Word is open at the time. I have tried repairing the the installation without success. Any suggestions? On Tue, 11 May 2004 13:20:17 -0700, "John" &...

Using cell contents to reference worksheet names
I have a Workbook with about 20 worksheets (say, 'ABC', 'DEF', etc). also have a summary sheet within this workbook. So, *B1='ABC'* C1='DEF', etc. Column A is a list of all the information in m worksheets. The rest is a tally of quantities of each row in eac worksheet. I am performing an HLOOKUP of the info in Col A, and want to refer t the worksheets in row 1 [=HLOOKUP(Cell A2,*ABC!*...]. My question is How can I use cell B1 (ABC), as part of my formula to reference m worksheet, so when I drag my formula to column C, it will referenc cell C1 [DEF], and there...

Cannot Re-install Outlook CRM Client
I needed to reinstall Microsoft CRM 3.0 Outlook Offline Client on a laptop (running Win XP Pro) that it was running fine on. I went into the Control Panel on that laptop and choose "Add or Remove Programs" and removed "Microsoft CRM Outlook Client" and then removed "Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (CRM)" I then went into Windows Explorer on that laptop and deleted the following folders: Program Files\Microsoft CRM Program Files|Microsoft SQL Server I then ran the Microsoft CRM 3.0 CRM Outlook Client Setup CD. It almost completed the process, ...

Setting time for sending and retrieval of email.
Good day All I am task with find out, can I set a specified time for the sending, checking, and retrieval of emails on a Exchange Server 2003. Is this possible, and if it is can someone please enlighten me Thanks ...

How to deal with empty element using ReadXML
below is a very simple XML file. I use ReadXml to read data. When it reaches an empty element as <Product /> below, my program crashes. The error: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. How can I assign a value to this empty element? Thanks Bill --------------------- - <Inventory Type="Physical"> <Product /> <TankNumber>0031022207-1</TankNumber> <UserDefinedTag>0</UserDefinedTag> <DateTime>2007-07-11T03:52:00</DateTime> <Volume>0</Volume> <Ullage>1...

Help using the DAY() function
=IF(DAY(B3:B30)>21,N4,0) I'm trying to use this formula to check in column B if a date of the 22nd of the month was entered (manually). If it was, then the cell (O4 in this instance) would be equal to the contents of cell N4, which is a numeric value. Otherwise, cell O4 would be equal to zero (0). The problem I'm having is that the range (B3:B30) is not being checked - it doesn't work. Furthermore, B4 is the only cell that allows this formula to work. Can't figure that one out. Do I need to rewrite the formula? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

using sent to --> mail
Hi group, while I right click on any document and do ->> sent to ->> mail then i get that document attched in a email with subject emailing (( document name)) Here can I remove emailing so this wont come again automatically SAM sam <sam@gro.com> wrote: > while I right click on any document and do ->> sent to ->> mail > > then i get that document attched in a email with subject emailing (( > document name)) > > Here can I remove emailing so this wont come again automatically No. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] http://www.slipstick....

Anyone having difficulty installing the new CRM3c client?
I have a brand new box running XP and Office 2007 that I built up that has all of the updates installed. I have attempted many times to run the installation of the new CRM 3c client (the one compatible with Vista and Office 2007) and after running through a few of the screens, it errors on the System Requirements screen, saying: "The installed version of Microsf Outlook is not support by the Microsoft CRM client. Please upgrade to the current release of Microsoft Outlook." Ironic considering I'm running the latest and greatest of everything. I did find a post on the ne...

Why Use UNC?
I have read often that using UNC is preferable. Could someone clarify why? Also, I had read somewhere that this adds to security because users can't see actual drive letters which they would with mapped drives. Is this another reason? Thanks so much for any clarification. -- Thanks! Dee dee wrote: > I have read often that using UNC is preferable. Could someone > clarify why? Also, I had read somewhere that this adds to security > because users can't see actual drive letters which they would with > mapped drives. Is this another reason? > > Thanks so much f...