Retreive picklist text value from fetch xml

Hi guys,

I have a problem in regards to retrieving picklist text values from a fetch
xml statement.

Previously I was able to do this easily beacause when I retrieved xml from
an object which contains a picklist, the picklist contained an additional
attribute which had the name of the picklist field appended (with name or
code name) with the text value of the selected picklist.

if I had a picklist called CFPCarType and has id of 1 and a text value of
Ford and I select this picklist value on the record and save it, when I
retrieve the object which has this picklist field on it I get back the value
of 1.

What I used to be able to do on a previous Microsoft CRM system was to fetch
the xml and an attribute (called CFPCarTypeName or CFPCarTypeCodeName
existed with the text value of Ford populated, which made retrieving the
text value easy.

in fact any picklist I created had an additional attribute called picklist
name + codename which I could retrive when I used fetch xml which gave me
the selected text value of the picklist.

eg
<CFPCarType>1</CFPCarType><CFPCarTypeName>Ford</CFPCarTypeName>

or

<CFPCarType>1</CFPCarType><CFPCarTypeCodeName>Ford</CFPCarTypeCodeName>

For some reason I don't get back the picklist code name, which has the text
value.

For some reason I am unable to do this anymore on a new system I have setup.
This behavour is very strange, it seems as if I have dreamt this
functionality up!

Do you have any clues guys?

Thanks for your help

Lloyd

0
Lloyd
8/10/2004 8:59:31 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Future Value
I have to setup a worksheet that claculates the future value and percentage of tuition saved for monthly payments from $275-875 in increments of $50. For the following data: Annual Tuition $45,000, Rate = 4.25%/12, total payments of 15 years for 12 months/yr. I don't know how to setup the worksheet to calculate the percentage of tuition saved. I setup the formula to calculate the FV as: (reference the cell with the value - in my case is B15:B27) * ((1 + Annual_Return / 12) * Years * 12)/Annual_Return/12. I don't know if my future value calculation is correct but I have $97,40...

Conditional formating, values.
Hi All, I've been fighting an unfair battle against Excel these past few weeks when it comes to conditional formating. It's my personal budget it's all about. Months are horizontally, expenses vertically. A Total-row displayes the current balance, where a positive balance is written in white, and a negative balance in yellow. I've done this using conditional formating, but I'd like my worksheet to turn the yellow numbers to red, when my creditlimit is used up. I hope someone here can help me construct the rule for to take effect - I simply can't get the numbers to tu...

Convert Percentage to Text
Does anyone know if there is a way, outside of writing a macro to convert percentages to just text? Example with 17.0% convert to just 17. Thanks -- Jeffrey L. Lippard, A+ certified, CHDP certified =A1*100 ? -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Kinjalip" <Kinjalip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70A96954-3911-4AAA-8ADC-D9B5CF26F976@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there is a way, outside of writing a macro to convert > percentages to just text? Example with 17.0% convert to just 17. > > Thanks > -...

Conditional Text in textbox control of continuous form
Hello, I read a lot of things about conditional formating (color, font...) but how can I make a condition like: if text="ST" then text="PC" So I just want to show other text in the specific textboxes in the continuous form in the case of condition. Is this possible? juvi Conditional formatting won't change the contents of the textbox. That's not formatting, that's data. You can do this with vba however. A practical application would be if the user chooses a particular product in a form and you want to put the price that is normally charged for this product...

Formating text columns layout with page breaks in Excel 97
I was wondering if there is a way to link columns, so once the page break is reached that Excel will automatically continue a list in a designated column to the right? I am trying to create a multi-paged checklist of DVD titles. The sheet is mostly text based, created in Excel 97. The eventual goal is to use this checklist as a template to catalog all other types of media too (CDs, video game carts,...). The spreadsheet is 4 Columns across (A to D) and each page in the spreadsheet is 30 rows in length. Columns 'A' and 'C' will have check-boxes; Columns 'B' and ...

SOS! how do I write a customized function to do multiple-value lookup in Excel 2007?
I have two regions in exact same places of sheet 1 and sheet 2, I want to find all cells in the region in sheet 1, with cell content equal to 0, and then add the numbers at the corresponding locations in the region in sheet 2 up. For example, let's say in the region in sheet 1, there are multiple locations where the cell content = 0: A1, B3, C4, D2, etc... I would like to obtain sum(sheet2!A1, sheet2!B3, sheet2!C4, sheet2! D2), etc. How do I do that? I want to write a user customized function for that: The regions in sheet1 and sheet2 are fixed to be D7 to Z20. So the first step is to fi...

looking up 2 values
I have a colum of dates and a colum of websites. What I am trying to do is lookup the date and if the date matches. It would then lookup the the webiste and return the of times it sees the matching date and website to a seperate sheet under that date: 10/15/07 10/16/07 Monster 4 0 Careerbuilder 6 3 The above is what is what I am trying to. Try something like this: sites = range of websites dates = range of dates =SUMPRODUCT(--(sites=$A2),--(dates=B$1)) Copy across then down -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP...

Extract emails from cells with text
I have a row in column A which includes an email address in the text that I'd like to extract to column B. Is there a formula I can use to accomplish extracting the email address only to column B? Here's an example of different cells in column A: Please email example@law.ufl.edu to contact us...... OR Schedule an appointment for assistance, or email example@uga.edu with your questions... Thank you Try this... All on one line: =TRIM(RIGHT(SUBSTITUTE(LEFT(A1,FIND (" ",A1&" ",FIND("@",A1))-1)," ", REPT(" ",...

how to transform xml according to c# vars
My menuing system uses xml/xslt to create the menus on my site. C# variable values dictate what menu items in the xml get translated by the xslt into the menu, and which are hidden. Say, if the user is logged in as non-admin, don't render the admin links. Currently, I have an extra attribute in the XML items for the menus called render which I later set to "yes" or "no" in C# by traversing the whole XML tree at runtime and checking whether it's OK to show (set to "yes"), or not (set to "no"). Then, once these values are set, I run it through the...

Variable Range of Values
I am trying to get a formula to put the values from a list together into one cell, but the length of the lists are all different lengths and styles. Here are two examples of the lists I'm dealing with and what I'm trying to do: A B C 1 AZ2_MO 5-12 2 -7 3 -8 4 AZ3A 01 5 02 6 03 7 04 8 05 9 06 10 07 11 08 12 09 13 10 14 ...

addition with a maximum value #2
Nevermind. Figured it out! =IF(SUM(D10+E10)>20,20,(SUM(D10+E10)+F10) -- djarcadia ----------------------------------------------------------------------- djarcadian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1587 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31496 ...

Custom picklist value shows in detail view but not list?
Hi, we've got a custom Account picklist that has been around a while and lived through some other work (data mig, etc.), but it looks like since pretty early on, it's had a wierd issue. On the detail view of the account, a record can have a value populated, but in the list view that column is blank for that record (but populated for other records). When I dive into the db with SQL, the value for that record is actually Null, even though it somehow has a value on the detail page. Any advice? Thanks! Chris Chris, This is actually a known glitch with the app. Odds are thos...

Variables and .value
Heres a simple script I've knocked together, largely by trial an error #WhereAmI.ps1 $usr=gci env:username $comp=gci env:computername $IPadd = ([System.Net.Dns]::GetHostAddresses($_) |select $_.ToString) $dom=gci env:userdnsdomain write-host "Formatted with Write-Host:" write-host $(" Username:",$usr.value) -foregroundcolor DarkGreen write-host $(" Computer:",$comp.value) -foregroundcolor red write-host $(" IP Address:", $IPadd) -foregroundcolor gray write-host $(" Domain:",$dom.value) -foregroundcolor DarkYellow w...

Wrap Text won't work
Wrap Text in a cell. No matter what I have tried. Wrap text box is checked. Try using ALT+Enter where you want to break the text. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "rubenwm" <rubenwm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:165690A7-16C9-40DE-A5A6-5F2C8483DC58@microsoft.com... > Wrap Text in a cell. No matter what I have tried. Wrap text box is > checked. Is the cell "merged"? Merged cells will allow "wrap text" from Format>Cells>Alignment but.......... Excel has a problem auto-...

Can I use the value of a field as predeterminate value of another.
I am making a table to know who is working in each surgery in a heath center. For each day, I have a field "owner" (of the surgery) and another "working" (the one that really works that day there). But the majority of the days, the "owner" is who works in his surgery, so I want to establish the value of "owner" as predeterminate value of "working" . Is it possible? Thank you Not directly in the tables. You could do this in a form by making the value of one text box the default value of another text box. -- --Roger Carlson MS Access M...

resizing plots without changing text size
We are using Excel to generate scientific xy plots. When I resize the surrounding frame of such a plot, generated by the Chart Wizard, the text size changes. How can I prevent this? How can I resize a xy chart without changing the font size? Also, is there a nice trick to make several plots exactly the same? I have the impression that each time I generate a plot, Excel chooses randomly how it should exactly look. Thank you very much for every hint! Martin Double-click the text item that resizes inappropriately. In the resulting dialog box, select the Font tab. Uncheck the 'Aut...

Conditional Formating based on other cell values??
Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. Is there any way to do that. Please let me know either way. Thanks, Dan There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlCondFormat02.html With your example, select cell C1, and in the conditional formatting dialog box, use the formula: =$A1=10 Dan B wrote: > Is there a way to apply formatting to one cell based on the conditions of > another cell? For example, if A1 is equal to 10 then format C1 to red text. --...

formula does not recognize value
i have a workbook that calculates exp dates. When the date lands on a saturday or sunday, I want it to bump out to the following monday. How can I do this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Make your formula consider the WEEKDAY result of its own calculation and add 1 ot 2 according to that. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.16gz0q@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i melding news:Vato.Loco.16gz0q@excelforum-nospam.com... > i have a workbook that calculates exp dates. When the date lands on a > saturday or sunday, I want it to bump ...

no text in the body
I volunteer at a nonprofit organization. We installed Outlook on four PCs. Three seem to work fine, the fourth will get emails normally sometimes and sometimes the body of the message is missing. Does anyone have a suggestion as what might be the problem. Thanks ...

Displaying a cell's value versus it's formula
I have created an amortization schedule. When you click on a cell the toolbar shows the formula I used instead of the dollar value. I don't want anyone to know the formula I used so I want only the value show in the cell. I know you can click on a cell and F2 and then F9 to calculate the value, but I don't want to do that to calculate each individual cell. Is there a faster way to do the whole schedule at once? Thank you, Kris If you lock your cell, and protect the workbook, you can hide the formulas and just see the results. Select your range to lock Format|cells|Protect...

XML Serialization problem
Hi folks! I have some XML Serialization problem. I searched Internet and found some good info but still can't resolve the problem. I have next situation: I have solution contains 2 projects: Proj1 and Proj2. Each project compiled to dll. In Proj1 contains Class1 And Proj2 contains Class2. Now, Class2 has reference to Class1. I want to XML serialize Class2. In order to do that I added attr: [XmlInclude(typeof(Class1))] before Class2 definition. It's compiled but when it's running it throws exception something like that: "File or assembly name Proj1, or one of its dependenc...

Pasting a line of text
I just started using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 SP2 as my work in now requiring it for all email access. Today I noticed while composing an email that when I cut a line of text (ctrl-x) and then try to paste the line of text somewhere else (ctrl-v) it strips off the carriage return/newline! grrr... I've verified that the cut (ctrl-x) works correctly by pasting the line of text into a text/hex editor, and all the bytes show up correctly. But even if I copy the line of text from another editor and paste it into the email it strips off the carriage return/newline. Is there some prefer...

Text Wrap
I have text wrap on a cell with lots of text and I use "Alt Enter" to create new lines within the cell. The last two entries in the cell are not wrapping though the first four entries within the cell wrap just fine. Is there a way to get the last two entries within the cell to text wrap? Thanks! Is the rowheight big enough? And if those last two entries are really long, then maybe a few more alt-enters to break them up???? Craig wrote: > > I have text wrap on a cell with lots of text and I > use "Alt Enter" to create new lines within the cell. The > l...

Webcontrols.XML Cache Question
I am using the Webcontrols.XML control to parse an XML document into HTML using an XSLT. The control is dynamically created by the ASP.NET Page and is working fine except that it is always caching the XSLT. In production, this would be great, but during development, when the XSLT is changing all the time, this is a pain. Everytime we make a change we are modifying the web.config file (space or no space) and saving which refreshes the cache. Is there a way to programattically set the caching of the TransformSource to either be on or off? Thanks! Steve ...

permutations of text groups?
I have different groups of options from which a candidate may choose 2, 3 or 4 option. If these choose group A they may choose any two options from a list, say 2100, 2200, 2300, 2500. I know that there are six permutations, but is there a function I can use to detail those? i.e., selecting group A will create a box (an array?) something like this: A 2100 2200 A 2100, 2300 A 2100, 2500 A 2200, 2300 A 2200, 2500 A 2300, 2500 these numbers are text, not actual numbers. I'll keep scratching around -- maybe it is some sort of array thing -- any leads you can give me will be appreciated. ...