Required Resources - at LEAST 1 Option

Hello,

In scheduling resources, we would like to be able to schedule at LEAST one
individual for a service call.  Howerver, if we need to have two people
scheduled the rules do not work.   It seems that if you put a numeric value
in, then you have to choose only that number of resources.

I suppose I can do a schedule one resource, schedule two resource, schedule
three resource etc group, but that seems kinda silly.

Anyone have any other suggestions?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Aug 21, 9:52 pm, Nangard <Nang...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In scheduling resources, we would like to be able to schedule at LEAST one
> individual for a service call.  Howerver, if we need to have two people
> scheduled the rules do not work.   It seems that if you put a numeric value
> in, then you have to choose only that number of resources.
>
> I suppose I can do a schedule one resource, schedule two resource, schedule
> three resource etc group, but that seems kinda silly.
>
> Anyone have any other suggestions?

What detemines whether you need one service tech or two?  You can
manually add another service tech to the service appointment after
using the scheduling process, but that somewhat defeats the purpose of
the automated scheduling process.

Scott
www.easiintl.com

0
Scott
8/24/2007 4:17:34 AM
Hi Scott,

Well, many things can determine it. It may be an activity that requires more
than one person. Or it may be a group activity. We are not using a workflow
to automate the schedule, but manually scheduling it.  We have determined
that we will assign the SR to a lead and they can raise Activities and
Schedule them for the necessary team.  THis will be adequate.

Can't wait for 4.0

"Scott Moore: JourneyTEAM - EASI" wrote:

> On Aug 21, 9:52 pm, Nangard <Nang...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > In scheduling resources, we would like to be able to schedule at LEAST one
> > individual for a service call.  Howerver, if we need to have two people
> > scheduled the rules do not work.   It seems that if you put a numeric value
> > in, then you have to choose only that number of resources.
> >
> > I suppose I can do a schedule one resource, schedule two resource, schedule
> > three resource etc group, but that seems kinda silly.
> >
> > Anyone have any other suggestions?
>
> What detemines whether you need one service tech or two?  You can
> manually add another service tech to the service appointment after
> using the scheduling process, but that somewhat defeats the purpose of
> the automated scheduling process.
>
> Scott
> www.easiintl.com

Required information in a cell
Hi I'm not sure if this possible, but is there a way to format some cells so that they have to have information put in them. I know it's possible in Access, but when tabbing along a row I want to be able have the cursor not move out of the cell until information has been input TIA Steve One way. Modify to suit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Column = 3 Then If Target.Offset(, -1) = "" Then Target.Offset(, -1).Select MsgBox "Pleae fill in" Else Target.Offset(, 1).Select End If End If End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sale...

R2 OWA domain login required
We have an Exchange 2003 Enterprise server running on a Server 2003 SP1 standard server. We need to rebuild this server but it is an AD server so we are going to migrate the users to an interim server (Server B), remove the original server from the Exchange group (Server A), remove it from AD, then rebuild it and move all the users back. Server B is a Windows Server 2003 R2 standard server with Exchange 2003 Enterprise. The install went fine. The replication of the system and public folders went fine. Moving the users (not all have been moved yet) is going fine. BUT, the problem is that on the...

Locking Passwords after 1 attempt
We use GP 9 and the system is locking users upon 1 bad password attempt. Checking Password Policy On and the Off would not reset the bad password count. Please assist on how I can return password attempts to 3 instead of 1. You must have your SQL Server Lockout Threshold set to 50 because GP logs in multiple times during the login process. See this thread (and KB article 922456) for more information: http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.greatplains&mid=6947bd09-d1af-477f-a7e2-0c746beeb52c&sloc=en-us -- ...

resources #4
We have serveral resources that we use to book conference room etc.... Starting last week one of them does not show up as a resource anymore. When you go to you calendar and try to schedule an appointment, then go to invite attendees, in the display choose resources, one of my resources does not show up anymore. It is in the GAL, just not as a resource anymore. Any ideas? has someone who had permissions to it changed anything on it? You might want to logon to that mailbox and see if it's still set to accept/reject meeting requests... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "news.microsoft....

Consolidation if a least one criteria is met
Dear all, I have the follwoing Name Value Criteria Aby 7 #N/A Oby 9 #N/A Ubi 1 #N/A Orbi 9 Yes Aby 6 Yes Oby 2 Yes and I would like to consolidate the data if "yes" is present at least once for the name e.g. Aby = 13, Oby = 11, Orbi = 9. I tried this formula in column D =SUMIFS(B2:B6,A2:A6,A2,C2:C6,OR(C2:C6="Yes",C2:C6)) and remove the duplicates but the formula does not add value with criteria = "Yes" any idea? Thank you HI Look at this: =IF(COUNTIFS($C$2:$C$7,"Y...

Unread count is always (1) when there are no unread messages
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I have tried everything - marking as unread, selecting all and marking as unread followed by marking all as read, cmd-alt-t, cmd-l. It still comes up with one unread message which I cannot find. <br><br>How can I fix this? On 1/22/10 12:30 AM, in article 59bb16b0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Lou_C@officeformac.com" <Lou_C@officeformac.com> wrote: > have tried everything - marking as unread, selecting all and marking as > unread followed by marking all as r...

Is there an option in Outlook '03 to confirm before closing?
Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues when I restart immediately. Is there an option that asks "Are you sure you want to close Outlook?" I know there is an option that asks to confirm before permanently deleting messages, but I haven't found one that will allow you to abort closing Outlook. Any ideas? "Cashman" <Cashman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1544E7-0D2F-4BC8-8BC0-FEA9EC40FEA5@microsoft.com... > Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues > when ...

password requirements
Does anyone know what the specifications/requirements are for the password on pop3 mail accounts (number of characters, etc.). Outlook 2000 keeps giving me error 0x800ccc92. Password requirements are set by your ISP. If you don't remember your password contact your ISP to have them reset your password -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f0901c4a837$572cadb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... &...

Creating drop down lists with multiple options?
I am trying in vain to create a drop down list where users can select more than 1 choice. For example, if the choices in a list which i named are as follows: Blue Red Green Yellow Purple How does one have the option to select any of the colors by themselves or any combination of all of them up? For example, if the question is what is your favorite color? How can a user choose Blue OR Red and Blue OR Red, Blue and Green and so on? Any help would be appreciated. That will require multiple cells. One cell will only hold 1 value. Any single cell solutions are going ...

How to use relative file:// protocol in html resource used by CDHTMLDialog?
Howdy, I'm writing a C++ CDHTMLDialog based application in VS .net. Of course I have an HTML resource that contains the html code for display by CDHTMLDialog (which wraps the Webrowser control). I understand how to reference program resources in my HTML using the res: protocol, but I'm having trouble getting the file: protocol to work with relative references. For example, if my embedded HTML resource includes this absolute path in my htmlcode it works fine: < IMG src="file:///C:\Documents and Settings\jim\My Documents\temp\CHtmlApp\Debug\ugly2.bmp" > But if I pu...

OL2K assistance changing level 1 attachments
I am running Office 2000 Standard (no Access). Consequently, Outlook considers .mdb attacments to be a level 1 attachment and blocks them. The following article was helpful if I wanted to add additional extensions (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837388/EN-US/) but I'm trying to do the opposite and allow .mdb files in. Might someone be able to tell me the place in the registry to do so? Many thanks. Use the Level1Remove registry value. See = http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 htt...

Disable Autofil options
Hi I have Excel 2003 SP2, when I am woring in a spreadsheet a little square pops up that says "autofil options" when I hold the cursor over it. How do I stop this from happening. thanks Tools>Options>Edit. Uncheck the "show insert options buttons" I also uncheck the "show paste options buttons". You can also go into Error Checking tab and maybe get rid of a few of those. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 4 Feb 2007 14:15:00 -0800, Daniel - Sydney <DanielSydney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >I have Excel 2003 SP2, when I...

IIFP require for GAL Sync
I want set up GAL Sync between 2 Forest via IIFP. But I only have a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Do it work out the GAL Sync solution via IIFP ? My current status Forest A Windows Server 2003, Enterprise Edition Exchange Server 2003 IIS ASP.NET Active Directory MSSQL2000 SP3a IIFP Forest B Windows Server 2003, Standard Edition Exchange Server 2003 Active Directory Thanks Frank The IIFP requirements state that you need Windows 2003 Enterprise SQL 2000 From that list, it would appear that you will be fine as long as you install IIFP into Forest A. More information about II...

CRM 1.2 Basic Authentication with SSL
I�ve red from �Overview of Changes for Microsoft CRM Version 1.2� article the following: 7. Question: Does Microsoft CRM version 1.2 support other Authentication methods? Answer: Microsoft CRM version 1.2 supports NTLM, NTLM with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) and Basic Authentication with SSL. I�ve checked these Authentication methods experimentally and Microsoft CRM 1.2 Web UI works correctly. But our adapter failed executing: BizUser.WhoAmI() methods in case Basic Authentication and Windows Integrated Authentication with SSL (401 Access Denied). Adapter works properly just in case of Windows I...

ANN: nxslt.exe (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.5
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.5 of the nxslt.exe - .NET XSLT command line utility. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt is compatible with command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude and XPointer, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, multiple result documents, custom ...

If 1 cell changes, update another cell
What I want to do is I have a list of parts with revision levels. I also have an overall revision for the document. I want to be able to automatically up-rev the document if one of the parts up-revs. Is this possible? ...

tool to find GDI resource leak
Hallo, i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks. I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks. Jimmy > i search a tool or DLL or source to find GDI resource leaks. > I've Boundschecker, but it don't find GDI resource leaks. Hmm, as far as I can remember BC did find GDI leaks without problems several years ago, when I was using it. You may also check this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/msdnmag/issues/03/01/GDILeaks/default.aspx -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.grigsoft.com Compare It! + Synchronize It! : files and folders comparison neve...

Selecting only some of the drop down options
I have a form set up that uses a query as a records source. I have 5 different drop downs to choose from with the criteria in the query set up as like below to link to the form >=[Forms]![Selected Criteria Form]![Year] By setting up this way, you need to select something from all 5 drop down lists for it to work. How would I set it up where I could select anywhere from 1 to 5 of the drop down options? Not necessarily. There is a technique you can use that will solve that problem; however, I need to know if the drop downs are on the form you are filtering, or are you making s...

2.1.1 Update for MS Office for MAC 2008
I download the update 2.1.1 Update for MS Office for MAC 2008. Complete the update, (anyway it says it is complete). Then check any Word/Excel/Powerpoint and they all say they are still the old version. Ver. 12.0.0 (071130). Question is: How do I make the update work? In article <ee90227.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <Ed_B@officeformac.com> wrote: >I download the update 2.1.1 Update for MS Office for MAC 2008. Complete the update, (anyway it >says it is complete). Then check any Word/Excel/Powerpoint and they all say they are still the >old version. Ver. 12.0.0 (071130). ...

bug - type 1-4531 in any cell
In Excel office 2k if you type 1-4351 in any cell the returned value is Jan-51, 2-4531 =Feb-51 etc. you cannot change the format of the cell to display numbers!!! The workaround for this bug is to put an open quote mark in front of the number i.e. '1-4531, as this is the type of number I use regularly it is extremely annoying, has this already been reported and if so is there a fix for it? Hi Set the cell format to Text before you type into the cell. -- Andy. "Paidi" <Paidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46A56411-7E75-47FC-B908-90DFD9491766@m...

No maintenance done for 1 1/2 years
No maintenance was done in GP for 1 1/2 years and we would like to do so... What are the steps and how to do it...we use GP 9.0 Can you tell Newbie~~~ What kind of maintenance do you want to do? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Newbie" wrote: > No maintenance was done in GP for 1 1/2 years and we would like to do so... > What are the steps and how to do it...we use GP 9.0 > Can you tell Newbie~~~ What is happening that would lead you to believe that "maintenance" is required? -- Lyle U Newbie wrote: > No maintenance was done in GP for 1 1/2 years and we woul...

dual screens, split 2 ppts to view 1 on each, how?
trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Try View > Cascade then move and resize as needed. "anvilhead" wrote: > trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how > do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Anvilhead, I have to first Restore Down the PPT program (just left of the Red X in upper right hand corner) then click and drag the opwn window to cover both monitors, then select the "view" tab, a...

Access will only open up 1 program now
Some time back during an update I lost the ability to open more than 1 access program at a time. Not sure how to resolve the conflict. Any help There are some ambiguities in your question. You only have ONE Access Program on your computer, unless there are multiple versions installed : 2003, 2007, etc. So, do you mean you can only open a single INSTANCE of Access at a time? or that you can only open one MDB at a time? Or that you can only open one VERSION at at time? "cruiseboy" <cruiseboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C00A26AF-F...

Support for WMV/VC-1 : XP Vs. Vista ?
I've an Nvidia display adapter (8600GT) on a dual boot box, XP pro and Vista. On Vista, a file with the following specs plays OK (35% CPU on a dual core), but in my XP system (WMP 11) the CPU usage is 50% and the playback stutters. Does DVXA not work in XP? Appreciate any suggestion. In both cases I enabled DVXA acceleration in the performance/advanced tab of the WMPoptions. Format : Windows Media File size : 2.87 GiB Duration : 33mn 47s Overall bit rate : 12.2 Mbps Maximum Overa...

Service Call Dispatch sort options
The service call dispatch board needs some additional sort options. For example call priority and call number. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=567f0968-f08...