Reporting Services Error 08-30-07

Hi,

I created a report that pulls info from the ContractExtensionBase table,
ContractBase, and ContractDetailBase table.

The report runs fine under the System Admin Account however every other user
is unable to run it.

The error i get is:

"An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Query exection failed for data set 'CRM'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
Select permission denied on object...."

I tried playing around with the permissions on other roles but still get the
same error.

I have created reports before and never had this problem.

Anyone have a similar problem?
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

On Aug 30, 5:52 pm, Arion <Ar...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I created a report that pulls info from the ContractExtensionBase table,
> ContractBase, and ContractDetailBase table.
>
> The report runs fine under the System Admin Account however every other user
> is unable to run it.
>
> The error i get is:
>
> "An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
> Query exection failed for data set 'CRM'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
> Select permission denied on object...."
>
> I tried playing around with the permissions on other roles but still get the
> same error.
>
> I have created reports before and never had this problem.
>
> Anyone have a similar problem?

Try using the filteredcontract views instead.

Scott
www.easiintl.com

0
Scott
8/31/2007 4:06:04 AM
You should not report directly against the tables in the DB.  CRM users, by
default, do not have select access tot he tables themselves.  Reports should
be directed against the Filtered* views which will enforce the row level
security of the app.

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Arion" <Arion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I created a report that pulls info from the ContractExtensionBase table,
ContractBase, and ContractDetailBase table.

The report runs fine under the System Admin Account however every other user
is unable to run it.

The error i get is:

"An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted)
Query exection failed for data set 'CRM'. (rsErrorExecutingCommand)
Select permission denied on object...."

I tried playing around with the permissions on other roles but still get the
same error.

I have created reports before and never had this problem.

Anyone have a similar problem?

0
Matt

Errors saving to network drive

Reporting IRA distributions
I have an IRA account with corresponding cash account. I am trying to get the distribution from the IRA to show up as "Retirement Income" in the Tax-Related Transactions report. How to do it? The distributions are handled as a transfer from the IRA Investment cash acct to a checking account. Thanks for any help. Money 99, BTW. Do I need to upgrade to a later version? ...

Estimated Revenue of an Opportunity 03-09-07
Hi folks, It would be very useful to be able to simply quote an amount for an Opportunity without having to break the amount down into individual products. This can be done through the Estimated Revenue field of an Opportunity. When it is set to be user provided, the estimated revenue is not carried over automatically when a related quote is created. Write-in products can be added to a Quote, Order or Invoice to achieve that functionality but as far as I can see there is no facility to achieve the same thing with an Opportunity. Basically I would like to set an Estimated Revenue valu...

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Error loading XML into DataSet

Run time error 5 : HQClient

LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors with template class
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BB_01C695ED.3958DA70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a smart pointer class that uses template functions that works = fine under VC6 but it not linking under VS2005. 1>TestGridToolkitView.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol = "void __cdecl PrismGCSmartPointer(class CPrismSmartPointer<class = CDialog> &)" = (?PrismGCSmartPointer@@YAXAAV?$CPrismSmartPointer@VCDialog@@@@@Z) = referenced in function "protected: __...

Custom reports #3

delivery failure error
"The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to" then says user unknown, even though other comupters don't have that problem. I get this error for a few clients, yet other clients can email the same address. I have Windows small business server 2000, I am pretty sure everything has updated patches. I know i security updates automatically. My clients are an updated Windows XP SR 1 with Office 2003(outlook) SR1. ...

Root Business Unit Disabled 10-07-05
I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in as the administrator was member of the same unit. How do I re-enable this? go into the database and find the table called businessunitbase - then look at the field called isdisabled. You will probably find this is set to 1. try set it to 0 then see if you can logon. Make sure you backup the database before doing this "ril" <ril@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCC43C2F-F109-49BE-A4AC-287AFE0F4D93@microsoft.com... >I inadvertently disabled the root business unit. Now I cannot log in a...

on Writexml error
(Type your message here) Hi all, I have a XML file as a datasource. I read that file using dataset.readxml.Then in that dataset I make some changes. Now I want to write that changed dataset by overwriting the file that was created initially. I someone please tell me how to do it. -------------------------------- From: ratnesh gupta ----------------------- Posted by a user from .NET 247 (http://www.dotnet247.com/) <Id>sCyOfoucUUyYsxAsNxg9AA==</Id> ...

Error with Bold
What's wrong? With Worksheets("Recent") Range(Cells(1, 1), Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End with Take a look at the activesheet. I bet that range is bolded. But if you want Recent to be the sheet with the change, add a couple of dots. With Worksheets("Recent") .Range(.Cells(1, 1), .Cells(1, 2)).Font.FontStyle = "Bold" End With Without those dots, the range refers to the activesheet (if the code is in a general module). crapit wrote: > > What's wrong? > With Worksheets("Recent") > Range(Cells(1...

Excel error 1706

Error loading outlook 2003
Hey Guys need a little help I'm running office 2003 with outlook, I'm using my own exchange server, everytime I load up outlook on one of my workstations it loads up fine until I hit the inbox, once I do that Outlook closes down, I check in the event view and got this error message: "The MOF file created for the outlook service could not be loaded. The error code returned by the MOF Complier is contained in the Record Data. Before the performance counters of this service can be collected by WMI the MOF file will need to be loaded manually." Anyone know a fix inste...

Oulook 2003 dial up sync errors
we are using outlook 2003 will all current updates insatlled and are using cashed exchange mode. our operating system is windows 2000 SP4 with all the current updates as well. when the user connects and hits f9 to sync we get the following error in the sync log (i have run detect and repair and removed and recreated the users outlook profile) any suggestions??: 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are networ...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...

how to run onhand value report
I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature On Sat, 6 Mar 2010 17:36:01 -0800, junebugg <junebugg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get the message enter parameter when entering the zoom feature You'll have to give us some more context than that, junebugg. What's the "onhand value report"? What's the "zoom feature"? You can see your database; we cannot! -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Error #5
I've tried to save my transaction data to my desktop. However, each time I try this I get the error "Error reading or writing file "." " Could someone tell me what's going on? ...

Outlook error message
Unable to expand the folder. The rest of folders could not be opened. There are no additional Microsoft Exchange client licenses available. Contact your adminstrator to obtain a client license to use Microsoft Exchange This is the error message that our clients are receiving when attempting to open outlook version 2000 or above to Exchange Server 5.5 SP3 server. We do have the available licenses and have already set them up in license manager on the server and then license logging service is started. We keep having to stop and start the License Logging Service and then they can get in fi...

XML Serialization Error of Collection
// Can anyone explain the bizarre XML Serialization behavior seen in the following code. // It seems that a collection can not be XML Serialized if it contains an Add() method // with a single parameter where that parameter is of a type in the System.Data namespace // (or a class derived from something in the System.Data namespace). // Is there any way to prevent this from blowing up? using System; using System.Data; using System.Collections; using System.IO; using System.Xml.Serialization; namespace XMLStub { /// <summary>A simple class that holds a collection of ints.</summary>...

Support Services
If you need to activate a POS product after it has already been done, good luck. Microsoft support sucks. I've been on hold for an hour and no one can help re-activate a product after a replaced hard drive.... I've had to re-activate oen station about 4 times, and never had a problem. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems > If you need to activate a POS product after it has already been done, > good luck. Microsoft support sucks. I've been on hold for an hour > and no one can help re-activate a product after a replaced hard > drive.... > I've also...