report writing help

I have a report for a custom entity, but the report brings in everything...
How can i set in the report to only show what is valid...

IE custom entity is selected on run report on this record?

so i only get the information for the particular record selected? without
using edit query?

0
rango20 (75)
10/30/2008 2:21:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

If you are using the filtered views and prefixes in your queries as described
in the SDK, once you upload the report to CRM you can edit the CRM Report
properties and tell it which record types the report is associated with, then
select that you want it to be visible in the reports area, lists for
associated records, and/or from within the records themselves.

For more information, look at the following topics:
- Filtered Views: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc308184.aspx
- Using Filters in a report:
- Publishing a report in CRM:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc468421.aspx
--
Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP
http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com

"Ian Watson" wrote:

> I have a report for a custom entity, but the report brings in everything...
> How can i set in the report to only show what is valid...
>
> IE custom entity is selected on run report on this record?
>
> so i only get the information for the particular record selected? without
> using edit query?

New Access user needs a little help
When I fire up access a list of databases i created are on the right side of the screen...I would like to delete some of those I created exploring the program. Does anyone have time to assist me? Thanks Jerry "Jerry L Moore" <Jerry L Moore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA914856-1391-4B99-B09B-DCEB9CE3AA92@microsoft.com... > When I fire up access a list of databases i created are on the right > side of > the screen...I would like to delete some of those I created exploring > the > program. Does anyone have time to assist me? T...

How to report Exchange Traffic
how can manage to get daily reports about incoming and outgoing messages, incoming and outgoing data (mbytes)? Sascha, Exchange does not report such metrics. However, what type of firewall do you use. If it is PIX you can turn on its logging and it will tell you exactly how many MB have been sent in and out. You will have to use a third party product to read the log. Check http://lists.gpick.com/pages/Firewall_Log_Tools.htm for a list. If you are are looking to see the number of emails try using a third party solution. In our organization we use an anti-spam product called Spam Marshal...

HELP! Create bitmap from binary XML string in MFC
Hi, I am developing ActiveX in MFC which has to display a bitmap from a string XML who contains binary data. I have parsing my XML string to get the binary data. Now, I want to create the bitmap object from the string but I dont know how. I use a CPictureHolder to display the image. Somebody would any have an idea? Thanks Dominique You should get a DC to some handle in your program. Once you have that DC, you should create a memory DC and call CreateCompatibleDC() with the original DC. Once you have the memory DC, you should create a CBitmap. You should also call CreateCompat...

Mail w PDF attachments are not delivered to inbox, message tracking center says they are. HELP
This is a very odd problem. We have some users who do not receive messages from a specific source that have PDF attachments. No message in inbox or anywhere at all, the sender does not get a NDR. And get this, message tracking center reports the message as having been delivered. I have after verifying that the message is reported as delivered through message tracking performed an advanced search of the user's mailbox starting at the root. I have also checked rules etc. We have about 25 users who exhibit this behavior. These messages deliver fine to other users boxes (including mine) ...

Help with this Search button
Hi I have a database of students. I have created a search box (through an unbound box). I have the following in the rowsource: Row Source: SELECT DISTINCT [First Name] FROM T_Participants ORDER BY [First Name]; Row Source Type: Table/Query Bound Column: 1 Lmit to List: Yes Allow Value List Edit: No Inherit Value List: Yes Show Only Row Source: No While a list of names does appear in the search box, the form below the search button does not change. What do I do to fix this button so that it gives me the desired form? Thank you in advance for your help. On Thu...

HELP!!! Can't open this item.
Hi, I have been receiving an intermitted error message when I open up an email within Outlook 2000. At the time when I receive this message I do not have many windows open. This is the Error I get: Can't open this item. The text formatting command is not available. It may not be installed correctly. Please reinstall Outlook. Out of memory or resources. Please close all windows. My computer is running Outlook 2000 and it has the current updates installed on it. I have boosted the paging files. In Outlook in International Options under Mail format I changed both the send ...

seperating columns
HI, I have a text file with 2 columns of data. The two columns are exactly spaced by 8 spaces. I want to copy these two columns in the text file as seperate columns in an excel sheet. How do I do this? Thanks ss -- razoruser ------------------------------------------------------------------------ razoruser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28829 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=485777 Hi RazorUser, With the data selected, try: Data | Text to columns | Delimited | Check 'Space delimiter | Check 'Trea...

editing a report
how can i chnge the text in a report that is pullingh out side data without exporting the report it self into word? or can that not be done.. the report is 160 pages long and i just need to cahnge 4-5 pages just a small change of words. On Fri, 15 Jan 2010 12:48:07 -0800, Meca Lee <MecaLee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >how can i chnge the text in a report that is pullingh out side data without >exporting the report it self into word? or can that not be done.. > >the report is 160 pages long and i just need to cahnge 4-5 pages just a >small change ...

Pivot Table help! #2
I'm hoping someone can give some pointers to a pivot table newbie. I have a bunch of data in three colums: Player, Score, and Date. I want a pivot table that will show me the average Score for every Player, given an arbitrary Date range that I want to be able to specify. I'm partway there. I set up a pivot table, pull Player onto the Row Fields, and I put Score into the Data area. If I put Date into the Row Fields, and then group these by month, it almost gives me what I want -- I can click on "Date" on the pivot table and I have little boxes that I can check off if I...

Writing Custom Import Filters
Hi all, I wondered if there is a method to write my own custom import filters... On the same principle like you would File > Get External Data > Import, and then select the type of file to import (this will be mostly TXT (delimited or fixed length or Excel). In case of text file you get the advanced feature, where you can manualy change code page, fieldnames and data types. That is okay, but in Excel I always get those "auto-chosen" datatypes. That is, if the filter detects a numerical value in the first two records then it assumes that all values are numerical, which in...

reporting services ?
I installed CRM 3.0 on 2 diffenrent SBS 2003 premium servers and on each one of them there seems to be a problem with the reports. When showing reports they many times show no data or there seems to be sub reports I can click and then they show some information. Some of the graphics aren't ok either. Anyone experienced anything like this. And to say I had a lot of trouble with sp1 to sbs, had to add new spn to get crm 1.2 working so that I could upgrade to CRM 3.0. Anyone ? Jack ...

Help, I need a formula for work.
Help, I need a formula for work. Here is a generic version of my problem? Leauge Team Attendance exceed 20,000? American Yankees Yes American Red Sox No National Phillies Yes National Mets Yes National Giants Yes National Dodgers No American Twins No American Angels Yes =COUNTIF(E3:E10,"YES") Total would be 5 "YES'' Answers ______________________________________________ Now the spreadsheet is FILTERED to only show "AMERICAN" Leauge Team...

Help with copying
I'd like to copy the contents that are in Column A Sheet1 to Column A Sheet2 using a Private Sub procedure, in the worksheet_change, I guess. For example: Once something is entered in Column A Sheet1 then copy it to Sheet2 in the next available cell. Simple but over my head! Thanks in advance Richard Do you want col a from sheet one to be the same as col a in sheet two or is there a criteria for doing so? John "Richard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272c01c4a807$74ac8fc0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I'd like to copy the contents that a...

Need help figuring out differences
between Windows Excel 2000 and 2002 XP. Any ideas? From the Excel 2002 Help file: ================================== What's New in Excel 2002 Key new features in Microsoft Excel Importing data Querying data from Web pages Now it's even easier to get refreshable data from the Web into Excel for viewing and analysis. Use the new browser-like interface to visually select tables on Web pages for import into Excel, or copy data from a Web page and create a refreshable query. Web queries included with Excel provide fast, accurate information such as stock quotes for your spreadsheet...

PSE HELP: HIGH SPAMMING
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=mesnews_0_1225040238 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am in a dramatic situation From tonight, people from outside are spamming my Exchange 2003 ENT SP1 I tried from my home to look if the server was relayng using SMTP command, and of, course, it was not But some people are able to authenticate on it, and SMAP ! I ran an NetAnalyser with this result 211.158.80.163:3822->192.168.1.21:25 Time 01:54:26:558 0000: 00 11 43 5A 50 64 00 A0 C5 57 A0 FF 08 00 45 00 .....

INDEX & MATCH
I have problem with INDEX and MATCH I have 3 columns of data, NAME, DATE,TEXT NAME Date Text Carlos 1/1/4 Hello Carlos 2/1/4 Good Carlos 5/6/4 Mountain Carlos 6/6/4 CORRECT1 Peter 5/5/4 Friday Peter 20/6/4 CORRECT2 date is in format dd/mm/yy The formula that I need to use is Look for CARLOS in the database, and retrieve TEXT when NAME is CARLO and DATE is the LATEST (for Carlos of course). In this example if I look for Carlos the data I want is CORRECT1 If I look for Peter the data I want should be CORRECT2 The formula I tried was =index(Names,MATCH(1,(Names=Carlos)*(Dates=Max(Dates))...

help! first timer adding a new acct
help! looking for a little wisdom here-- my fiance and i are trying to combine budgets, and he's already loaded his financial info into Money. i'm digging into it for the first time, and i'm wondering, do i set myself up as a separate file, or somehow add my info to his? we have this crazy idea that by tracking our finances, we MIGHT get together a budget, and MIGHT just be able to compile a wedding budget. thank you! Here's the lowdown on the two choices you've already identified: 1) Joint file: great for managing your expenses jointly, but you will both hav...

report summary
In Microsoft Money 2003 Deluxe & Business, I want to print up a page print of the account list as of the date shown in the left hand corner, usually todays date. However, when I request print page, The printed copy always comes out as of the first of the month. Therefore, I can't get a "as of" report of all the account shown in the account list. What am I doing wrong? your posting to the wrong group try microsoft.public.money "doverovr@aol.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b78b01c4378a$abd31b10$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Help please
I'm using Money 2002 Version and in my checking account, i clicked "hide spending thermometer" and i cant figure out how to get it back. anyone know? Tools|Options|Feedback|Personalized Feedback in the Account Register and Portfolio|Options... ??? "FA" <Sylverphire@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:058c01c36927$0e214bd0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I'm using Money 2002 Version and in my checking account, > i clicked "hide spending thermometer" and i cant figure > out how to get it back. anyone know? ...

"Reports" shows CC payment as expense?
Hi I'm using Money 2007, and I'm trying to view the "Reports". I have a checking account and credit card account. Even though I classify my credit card payments as "Credit Card Transfers/Payments" the Reports still shows those payments as Expenses. I purchase everything on my credit card, so it doubles the amount of expenses I have, instead of showing it as a transfer. For example if I charge $100 to my credit card, then pay off that credit card with my checking account, Money shows that I spent $200. $100 on the c/c and $100 paying the c/c. How can I correct...

CRITICAL SECTION Help!
OK, I have two threads running. One handles an encoder input with a hardware counter/timer and determines a frequency (as intFrequency) over a small interval ( 1 second ). The other thread needs to use the measured frequency. I am confused about how to use a critical section to allow the first thread to update the value of intFrequency and be certain that the second thread can get a valid value for intFrequency everytime it needs it. Where do I put the critical section? Do I make it a global declaration and use the enter/leave members from both threads? Is there an good on-line tutoria...

Need Help (VLOOKUP)
Dear All, I need help regrading vlookup. I have table like below: A B C D E F BALE NO. No METTLER HEARSON METTLER HEARSON ========================================================= LB104105990040 1 14.40 14.40 12.95 13.02 LB104122785046 2 15.04 10.69 LB104130680035 3 12.56 11.05 LB104001674036 4 13.53 11.15 LB104106180642 5 14.17 11.72 LB104130586035 6 12.27 12.82 10.36 11.03 LB104005079039 7 16.00 13.09 LB104122784049 8 14.18 11.90 LB104015090039 9 14.72 10.69 LB104122791031 10 13.93 14.07 LB104122790034 11 14.57 14.60 10.30 11.16 LB104105993044 12 14.53 13.06 LB1040831...

Urgent help It this possible???
I have a spreadsheet with row 1 as my header allof the other rows i need exported to a file in the format below. This is critical and any help is greatly appreciated This is my spreadsheet layout. But there could be up to 8000 rows: c_last_name c_first_name c_middle_name c_userid Ables Donna F donna.ables Lovelace Eric eric.lovelace I need to export this to a file in this format. Each row needs to be enclosed in ( ) and each field in that row needs to be in " ...

Word Forms
Can anyone give me the text for a macro to do the above, or advise me how to write this macro in word A tock? or a tick? ;) See http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Aidan" <Aidan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

no transport provider Help!!
We are running Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. We recently have not been able to send e-mail to anyone. We found out that Qwest is blocking Port 25. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? Thank you for your help in advance! Candace Sparks Configure your Exchange 5.5 server to send ALL outgoing email to your ISP's SMTP server. "News" <rsparks24@comcast.net> wrote in message news:erq6d.171911$3l3.101391@attbi_s03... > We are running Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 2000. We recently have not been > able to send e-mail to anyone. We found out that Qwest is b...