Report Services

Hi! I reinstall my Report Server Services and the reports of CRM not appear.
I execute, in command prompt, the PublishReport.exe. How I configure to show
the reports in CRM from this new installation? i changed the url for
reporting services but does not work.
thanks
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

I'm no expert, and maybe you have tried this already, but is reporting
services running? Use the RS Configuration tool (Start>All
Programs>SQL>Config tools>RS Config). I used to forget to check this all the
time so I spent hours looking for solutions and it was as simple as starting
RS.

I hope this helps,

S.R.

"Rodrigo Hentz" wrote:

> Hi! I reinstall my Report Server Services and the reports of CRM not appear.
> I execute, in command prompt, the PublishReport.exe. How I configure to show
> the reports in CRM from this new installation? i changed the url for
> reporting services but does not work.
> thanks
Yes, my RS is running. In the CRM not exists one place that I configure this?
publish again the reports?

"S.R." wrote:

> I'm no expert, and maybe you have tried this already, but is reporting
> services running? Use the RS Configuration tool (Start>All
> Programs>SQL>Config tools>RS Config). I used to forget to check this all the
> time so I spent hours looking for solutions and it was as simple as starting
> RS.
>
> I hope this helps,
>
> S.R.
>
> "Rodrigo Hentz" wrote:
>
> > Hi! I reinstall my Report Server Services and the reports of CRM not appear.
> > I execute, in command prompt, the PublishReport.exe. How I configure to show
> > the reports in CRM from this new installation? i changed the url for
> > reporting services but does not work.
> > thanks
There is the program you mentioned, PublishReport.exe, but I don't know how
to use it; you should refer to the Implementation Guide, Chapter 24. You also
mentioned that you changed the URL; if I remember correctly, when CRM is
installed, you have to specify the report server URL
(http://<whatever>/reportserver), so if you changed that to another name, you
should probably change it in CRM as well (have CRM point to the correct one).

S.R.

"Rodrigo Hentz" wrote:

> Yes, my RS is running. In the CRM not exists one place that I configure this?
> publish again the reports?
>
> "S.R." wrote:
>
> > I'm no expert, and maybe you have tried this already, but is reporting
> > services running? Use the RS Configuration tool (Start>All
> > Programs>SQL>Config tools>RS Config). I used to forget to check this all the
> > time so I spent hours looking for solutions and it was as simple as starting
> > RS.
> >
> > I hope this helps,
> >
> > S.R.
> >
> > "Rodrigo Hentz" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi! I reinstall my Report Server Services and the reports of CRM not appear.
> > > I execute, in command prompt, the PublishReport.exe. How I configure to show
> > > the reports in CRM from this new installation? i changed the url for
> > > reporting services but does not work.
> > > thanks

Report Header Lookup Question
I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name to look something like this... Jobs Worked from ________ to _________. How would I make the dates entered in the parameter boxes populate to the header title? Any help is much appreciated. On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 15:29:00 -0700, Adam wrote: > I have a report running from a parameter query where a start and end date are > entered and then the report opens within those dates. I want the report name > to look something like t...

Service Companies and Invoicing
I have searched and found lots of questions, but no for sure answers. We are a consulting company using QB 2006 and MS CRM 3.0. Here is what we are trying to do: Use MS CRM 3.0 to perform the following: 1) capture customer cases as they call with issues (got that figured out - I think) 2) capture time spent on cases or freelance with customers (think I got that figured out) 3) aggregate that time and invoice it - printing invoices directly from MS CRM (now I am clueless) Is this possible? I just can not see the specific workflow we need to do this. I can not determine how to link t...

Export report to pdf
I have a report that I want to sent to someone on email as a pdf attachement I go to file - sent to as an attachment and there a window opened with a number of differnt formats to select such as Text, snapshort but no pdf file But my friend's computer when he did the same there is a pdf file in the box for selection What am I mising in my omputer. My computer has ADobe reader version 8 How can get pdf file formate? I read stepen's site but I could not understand because I am a novice. klam Hi, have a look here: http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm -- Best regards, ___________...

Dynamics 9 upgrade and field service error in utilities
I am following the upgrade instruction to the tee. I installed version 9 on the server to a new location, launhed utilities, then cancelled, in order to install SP #2. I now launch utilities and in the product validation, I get an error in 1 of our 15 databases: Unable to get extended version info for product 949 (field service). We don't use this, nor did I install this. Why is it trying to update a product we do not use, nor did I select during the 9.0 install? ...

Service pack 3 year end update
Does anyone know of any issues with 2008 year end update which includes service pack 3??? ALso is there any docs out there that tell you what service pack 3 includes and what it updates, had a clients update done and now when the are posting they the error THE STORED PROCEDURE GLPBATCHCLEANUP RETURNED THE FOLLOWING RESULTS: DBMS O, GREAT PLAINS 20488, is this an issue with the update?? Help Thanks, Jim The installation guide for SP3 contains the fixes. I don't have information about the error you're experiencing. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jim" wrote: > Does a...

HELP RE: DISPLAY CHECK NUMBER ON PAYEE REPORT WITH
How do I get a historic payment reoport for a specific payee including check number, date, amount, and payee name? ie: "Car Loan Payment history for the period 1/1/01 thru today" Payee: Check # : Date: Amount: (and perhaps a running total or a final total) I think I have tried all the built in reports and can't find one to do this or modify existing to do this. I see this information in the "view payee details" window, listed in the format I require but when I select PRINT all that prints is the bar graph that is also displayed on this page. I ca...

How can I make my Headers print on all pages of my report?
Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all of the pages of the document and not just the first page? Thank you. On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 14:29:22 -0800, SIRSTEVE wrote: > Could anyone tell me how I can have the header of my report to print on all > of the pages of the document and not just the first page? > > Thank you. What header? There is a Report Header, a Page Header, each group in the report (if you are grouping your data) can have a Header. If you mean the Report Header, you can't. The Report Header, by definition, only prints on th...

Report Writer Conditional Field Question
I should know the answer to this but my head is working on a different problem at the moment. In Report Writer, on a SOP Blank Invoice, I want to conditionally show the SOP_Line_Work_PrimaryShipToAddressCode ONLY when it is not equal to 'Primary' or 'Ship To'. In essence, I need to show the SOP Line Level Address when it's an outlier from their two standard address codes. I built a conditional field in RW that checks for Primary and returns blank ("") or the address. Works great. But now I need to add an OR condition and I'm stuck. I can't seem to be able...

Installation of eConnect Service
I hope this question is not too broad. I am a c++ programmer with a rough familiarity with the .NET platform. I have Visual Studio .NET. I am attempting to develop a webservice for a client that dovetails with the eConnect functionality of Great Plains. The problem is, I cannot get the eConnect service installed. I have Great Plains 9 I have run the installation program for econnect from the second CD. IIS is installed on the Great Plains server machine. How do I get the eConnect service up and running? Any help in this matter would be appreciated, the included documentation was not very...

Reports for Orders
Hello! I am trying to create a report that is based on Orders. That is, the report will display Orders and group its underlying Activities and summarise their durations. An order named A has 4 activities. Two of them have the Category field set to A and have 3 hours duration each. Two of them have the Category field set to B and have 4 hours duration each. The report would look like this: Order Name A Activity Category A duration 6 hours Activity Category B duration 8 hours So I went to Crystal Reports and started playing with it. First thing I find is that ...

Third Party Report
Hi, We are using a Third Party with GP 10 and it has it's own POP purchase order blank form and can see by clicking on gp tools Customize Report Writer and selecting the third party product name. I go to Alternate/modified forms and reports to give access to it by selecting the third party product in the product drop down menu and selecting reports unfortunately I don't see it there any idea how to make the system print the third party POP in place of the standart one? thanks for the help Well, have you generated a purchase order? If you are using a third party add-on, you w...

MS Exchange POP3 Service Missing
Hello, We are configuring an Exchange 2003 server and just discovered that the Microsoft Exchange POP3 service is missing. Is there a fix for this? If not, how can I install this service without wiping out my current Exchange, OWA and IIS configuration? Thanks Orville Use the Reinstall option when reinstalling Exchange. Make sure you have adequate backups and test before proceeding with such operations. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Orville" <orville@peoplescomputer.com> wrote i...

Full Page X Report
I hope someone might find this useful. This formats the X/Z report to fit on one Full Page. Slapped together quickly but you can format it how you like using XML... http://www.newestech.com/downloads/FullPageXReport.zip Casey Hanson New West Technologies ...

How to integrate crystal report with vc++
Hi all I am very new in the field forsoftware development. I have to integrate crystal reports with my vc++ application, which will distribute to clients. I find some stuff on net but i have some confusions. 1. what is best method(easy, quick to develop, and flexible in genrating reports) to integrate it, i.e crystal activex control, crystal automation server, crystal report engine, or some other else. 2. Is we can make crystal project(EXE) and integrate with my vc++ application, like data reports of vb. If yes, how can I, and for this what version of crystal report i have to use(i.e standar...

CRM 4.0 reports #2
Is anybody know how to create new SSRS report for crm 4.0 and deploy? On May 21, 2:32=A0am, lily <uma_natara...@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is anybody know how to create new SSRS report for crm 4.0 and deploy? For a simple report you have the report wizard within the client. Otherwise you will need to use an SRS report writer such as the one in Visual Studio. If you create one in Visual Studio, log into CRM as Administrator and you should be able to add in the report through the client. Leon Tribe ...

In Account Overview report, increase display of Contacts from 10 to 20
Hi all, I am making a custom version of the Account Overview report and, among other changes, increasing the number of Contacts displayed from 10 to 20. This is the code that I found that does it: "=IIF(Fields!fullname.Value = "(Limited to 10 contacts) - - ",ReportItems!txtlimited10con.Value,Fields!fullname.Value)" Can anyone please tell me how to change it to do what I want? If I change the 10s to 20s and I build I get this error message: "The value expression for the textbox 'txtAddcontacts' refers to the report item 'txtlimited20con'. Report item...

Any issues with Windows Service Pack 3 (XP) and GP v. 8.0? Thanks
My client is looking to see if there are any issues with this combination. Thank you. No issues that I have heard about. However, check the system requirements page as it is updated frequently to address some of these questions at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/documentation/systemrequirements/compatibility_gp8.0_lowmidhi.htm?printpage=false Just make sure you are running the latest GP 8 service pack (Service Pack 5) available at https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/greatplains/downloads/servicepack/greatplains80_servicepacks.htm?printpage=fal...

The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled.
Hi, I recently changed my Windows Live password. When I triy to setup online access to a credit card I get the message: "The service that allows you to download transactions from MSN Money My Account has been disabled. Close and reopen Money. If the problem persists then try turning the service off and then re-enabiling it. If the problem still persists you will need to re-enable the service with a new Windows Live ID." How do I turn off/re-enable the sevice? Do I really need a new Windows Live ID? I am using Microsoft Money Home & Business Version 17.0.150.72...

Business Portal 2.0 and SQL Reporting Services
Hello - I just recently installed Business Portal on a new server and then installed SQL reporting services on the same box. The installation of SQL reporting services broke Business Portal! I can get to http://server/reports but not http://server/sites/BusinessPortal. What do I need to get these both to work on the same box? Thank You!! Good Morning!! What error message do you get when you try to browse to Business Portal? I don't know much about SQL Reporting Services, but do you have to select a website for it to run? Thanks, Rekoj "GreenThumb" wrote: > Hell...

Report preview error
Hi all. We have a problem with reports on one system; there is an error message when we try to preview a report in the report list. The error says something like (translating from local language) "The report cannot be executed because a component 'Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services' is not installed". All the reports can be run normally by opening them first, it's just the preview that isn't working. This is a CRM 4.0 setup, where the SQL Server with Reporting Services is running on the same server as CRM server. I found this in the system...

Error: Service Calendar
When I click on Service, Service Calendar, I get the error outlined below. This just started today. Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong? =========================== Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details: Server Error in '/' Application -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: Syste...

Uninstall Service Pack 3
how do I do this? I tried to do a repair from the disk. Did not work. I tried to do a reinstall from the disk (without uninstalling first). Instructions said it would set Office back to original version. That did not work. I cannot work with the flaw in Access. (see other posts about the bug). I need to install this service pack. Access works fine in all other computers that were not updated. Windows XP. Access 2003 At this point I would use more drastic measures. Uninstall all of Office (you will lose any custom settings and your Outlook address book, so back your Outlook f...

eXtender SOP Reports - GP8
The following calculated field exists on some eXtender reports: FUNCTION_SCRIPT( RW_SOP_GetCustomerItemDescription SOP_LINE_WORKItemNumber) I would like to add it to my modified report, but cannot seem to find the function. I have followed the instructions, and checked what functions are available under each module (and only saw one). Would anyone know what I'm missing? Is this a GP functions that I have to bring into the eXtender library? If so, how? Is it not already here if I see it used [successfully] on other reports? Thank you, Maria. ...

Print Report Landscape
On my form I put a Print Button. This button prints the current record only, using an embedded macro. It works fine, except the record is printed in portait. I need it to print landscape. What do I need to do to correct this? Thanks Add this code to your print button OnClick event: Dim vPrinter As Access.Printer Set vPrinter = Application.Printer vPrinter.Orientation = acPRORLandscape -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "Summing multiple fields on a form" wrote: > On my form I put a Print Button. This button prints the current record only, >...

Windows Service 06-03-10
Hi, Is there a way to catch all unhandled exceptions in a windows service ? Thank you in advance. BR Peter -forgot to mention that i use dot net 3,5. /Peter On 6/3/2010 9:31 AM, Peter Larsen [CPH] wrote: > -forgot to mention that i use dot net 3,5. > > /Peter > > > You can use AppDomain.UnhandledException (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.appdomain.unhandledexception.aspx) to provide some behavior whenever an exception is not caught somewhere. Note however that this is not the same as "catching" the event. Th...