Report preview error - normal report execution works

Hi all.

We have a problem with reports on one system; there is an error message when
we try to preview a report in the report list. The error says something like
(translating from local language) "The report cannot be executed because a
component 'Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services' is not
installed".

All the reports can be run normally by opening them first, it's just the
preview that isn't working. This is a CRM 4.0 setup, where the SQL Server
with Reporting Services is running on the same server as CRM server.

I found this in the system's Event log, but damned if I can read it - maybe
someone else knows better (I've replaced the company name with "zzz"- If
that could be useful information let me know):

Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 16.9.2008 8:59:55
Event time (UTC): 16.9.2008 5:59:55
Event ID: 304d0cf6298e449096e4161efedad083
Event sequence: 16654
Event occurrence: 5
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
    Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-128659349349492630
    Trust level: Full
    Application Virtual Path: /
    Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\
    Machine name: ZZZCRM

Process information:
    Process ID: 6804
    Process name: w3wp.exe
    Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:
    Exception type: TargetInvocationException
    Exception message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an
invocation.

Request information:
    Request URL:
http://localhost:5555/zzz/_grid/preview.aspx?type=9100&id={CE733849-123D-DD11-B1DE-0050569A65A6}
    Request path: /zzz/_grid/preview.aspx
    User host address: 127.0.0.1
    User: ASFI\asennus
    Is authenticated: True
    Authentication Type: Negotiate
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Thread information:
    Thread ID: 5
    Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
    Is impersonating: False
    Stack trace:    at
Microsoft.Crm.Application.Utility.Util.RaiseXMLError(Exception exception)
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.Grids.PreviewPage.ConfigurePage()
   at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()

Any and all help most welcome,
Antti Kurenniemi

crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hiding records on reports by checkbox on form
Hi, I'm in the proccess of buliding a new database. Its purpose is to store various organisation contact details and then to produce reports based on this that can be printed onto sticky labels. This much or basically finished. However, we naturally don't want to print the whole database every time, so I'm using a checkbox on the interface form that will filter the report so that only checked records are prepared for printing. Can anyone tell what code I need to use to do this, and where? I've tried various methods, but nothing seems to work. I'm using accesss 2003 by the w...

Access97 on XP
Using a db built in in Access97 with Outlook Express was fine until we moved from Windows2k to XP. Now a simple DoCmd.Send.object on a control form return Error 2287. All I want is for the headers on the email be filled by Email,- compose the object field showing some particulars filed on the record and a simple Hello whoever in the body. This has been working fine for years but now nada. There seems to be lot of exchange on the subject but I have not found one defnitive (and easy) answer Can any1 help Merci ...

Outlook rule not working
I have a rule that looks at specific words in the subject and then forwards the message to another email address. I receive 2 emails daily with the same subject. Only 1 message gets forwarded. The difference between the 2 emails is that one is sent directly to my email address and the other is forwarded to my email address from a Gmail account that is setup with email forwarding. The email that is forwarded from my Gmail account never gets forwarded by the rule. The subject line of the Gmail email is identical to the subject line of the message that does get forwarded. Does anyone ...

MS Money 2006 & IE7 error
Since installing IE7 b1, when I close Money 2006, it closes down but then does the dialog that an error occurred. And no matter if choose to send or not send, it reopens Money again. Luckily if you close from the logon screen, it doesn't do this cycle again. Hopefully the Money team knows about this issue. Known IE7 error. That's why you are beta testing - to find out what applications IE7 scr*ws. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.micros...

Custom Reports
Anybody know of a good source for Customized Reports for Great Plains 7.5? I'd like to find a couple good ones pertaining to the payroll. ...

RDP not working if 2003 SP2 installed
Hi All, I have had networking issues with SP2 on SBS 03 machines before, but they have been relativley easy to resolve by changing RSS, Chimney etc. This box I've just been assigned to fix is giving a bit of grief. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reinstalled... SP2 several times. Without SP2 the RDP runs like a charm, checking the listening port using "netstat -aon | find ":3389" I can see the listening tcp port 3389 no problem, but as soon as you put the SP2 back in the ts listening port disappears. I've installed BPA, and applied every other pa...

Voting Buttons Tracking Not Working (Outlook 2003)
I've seen some replies to this question/problem but for me it did not work when trying the Form Publish. Is there anything else I can do? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice XML/XSL VB Tester http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5ab62461-e3bc-4e21-9b2c-13f77a74daff/xmlxsl-vb-tester.aspx Replies to what question/problem? Describe what you're seeing in detail. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=54 <murray gree...

Error message in Outlook Express
My question is regarding Outlook Express (I couldn't find a separate newsgroup for it hence posting it in the Outlook newsgroup). Every time I open Outlook Express I get an error message that says "Msnmsgr has caused an error in <unkwown>. Msnmsgr will now close. If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer." I have disabled "Automatically log on to Windows Messenger" feature in the Tools-Options-General tab. What else can I do to get rid of this error message everytime I open Outlook Express? Thanks for your time. Here is the l...

customization of reports in crm Options
While I add some customization to sale pipeline report for example when I add a new combobox named "Owner" into sale pipeline report I also have to do some customization to sale pipeline Sub-Report My question is if these customization is supported by microsoft? Hi, If you just want to modify the exsiting MS CRM SRS Reports than it is perfectly supported customization. There is no such restriction from Microsoft. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "va...

during install, E2007, Error Code is 1603 (exchangeserver.msi) failed
Installing E2007 on a server to migrate from E2003, the BPA shows no issues, we get no warnings in the setup, but, when it starts to COPY FILES we get the following: Installing product C:\Exchange 2007\exchangeserver.msi failed. Fatal error during installation. Error code is 1603. Last error reported by the MSI package is 'Module D:\Exchange\Bin\ExSMime.dll failed to register. HRESULT -2147010895. Contact your support personnel.'. I've copied the media to the C drive (we're installing E2007 on the "D" drive array, and run it from C or the CD/DVD, b...

CONVERT not working
I loaded the Analysis pack addin, typed 100 in B1, in B2 typed =CONVERT(B1, "F", "C") and I get #VALUE, no matter what I do. I changed number format also but of no avail. What's wrong? Do you get TRUE if you do =ISNUMBER(B1) If you get FALSE you should get that error? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7oHwQ7eHHA.2376@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I loaded the Analysis pack addin, typed 100 in B1, in B2 typed =CONVERT(B1, >"F", "C") and I get #VALUE, no matter what I do. I...

Excel VB Code Error
I am trying to create a .csv file from an Excel workbook using a VB module and am wondering if someone can tell me what's wrong with the below code: Public Sub CSV2() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Sheets.Add ActiveSheet.Name = "Temp_10001" For Each ws In Worksheets If ws.Name <> "Temp_10001" Then ws.UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Temp_10001").Range("A1").Activate x = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count If x > 1 Then ActiveCell.Offset(x, 0).Select ActiveCell.PasteSpec...

Server Error: 0x80191002
Hi. What does this error message mean? Server Error: 0x80191002 Server: 'http://mail.services.live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/Sync.aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x80191002 I'm on XPsp3 and using Live Mail Desktop 14.0.8089.0726. I haven't been able to synch my account from the desktop client since yesterday morning. The web interface is working fine, but that's not very convenient for me. Graeme Several sites suggest deleting the account and recreate it as an attempt to correct this issue. However, there are also many which state you must contact...

What Happened To My Preview Pane In Notes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop My preview pane in Notes disappeared. The open is checked under View but GRAYED out. How to reactivate it. Thank you. Cahlin@officeformac.com wrote: > My preview pane in Notes disappeared. The open is checked under View > but GRAYED out. How to reactivate it. Thank you. This doesn't appear to be available in Entourage 2008. At least, I don't see any way to enable a preview pane for Notes. -- bill Entourage Help Page <http://entourage.mvps.org/> Entoura...

COM Add-Ins stopped working
Hi, yesterday at some point I closed Outlook and was surprised to find it hadn't checked for mail in a long time. As a result I got about 20 spam messages in my inbox and right after that Outlook closed. It wasn't long after that that I restarted Outlook, hoping SpamBayes would get to work and start cleaning the mess up. It didn't. Just a bunch of new spam and absolutely no automatic functionality whatsoever from SpamBayes. I tried to open the spambayes menu, I tried clicking its buttons, but none of them would react. I even re-installed SpamBayes to no avail. Then I went to check...

Mailbox Manager doesn't work
We're running Exchange 5.5 w/SP4 and the drive housing our Information Store is about out of room. I'm frantically trying to get users to remove files, but, would like to be able to force the deletion of Deleted Items from the server. We installed MM on each server (we're running a clustered Exchange server, on WinNT 4.0 w/SP6a), and, have tried to run it several times, in both Audit and actual mode, but...nothing happens. My mailbox is the Admin box, but, I never get any mail, and, the files never get deleted. What am I doing wrong? Thanks! ...

scramble names on work roster
Hi all.. I got this roster on a excell work book. Could you please help me to get the following. the names on the first collumn has to be put random in the grid below the roster. but first check and see if the person work morn shift. only if person 4 is working morning on monday 18 may then his name can be added to the grid below every week i print one of these rosters. these names must be scrambled every week on the below grid. the last condition is that the names must be duplicated as littel as possible From time to time i add or take away names. Geen uitruilings sal ged...

OWA SSL setup 404 page not found error
I've followed all the necessary steps (I think) to setup our webserver (iis) for SSL and OWA, but when browse to the site with the https:// address, it returns a 404 page not found error. I have the certificate installed and set the default website and the exchange virtual directory to use SSL. I also set the port number for SSL on the default site to be 443. The site prompts for the certificate install when browsing to it, but after accepting the certificate install in the browser, it brings back the file not found page. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Windows 2K S...

Forms and Reports from CrossTab queries
Hi All, I have read a few postings in this area, but they all seem to be very specific to particular situations. Can someone please guide me towards the best solution to my dilema? I have a form with two list boxes which contain many variables (answers to specific questions from a survey). When two different questions are slected I run a cross tab query resulting in a dymanic result of rows and columns based on the selections. I now want to display the result as a datasheet on my form and in a similar fashion as a report. Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated. Regards, John D...

Publishing error 02-04-05
Can login to CRM application without any issues, can login create Account, contacts no problem. We added custom fields using CRM deployment manager without any issues. Then we try and publish from Deployment manager. The step where you Click Add to select your CRM server, nothing happens and software hang.... If anyone else has a fix for this issue please help CRM is usinning on SBS 2003 box Regards, Kyaw any errors in the event logs? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Kyaw" <no@spam.net> wrote in message news:umRjtAmCFHA.3732@TK2MS...

Access / System crashed while generating report
Hi, I'm on XP PRO w SP3 running Access 2003 via Office XP Pro. I was creating a report using the report wizard and Access and XP Pro hung up. I waited 5 minutes and the system was still hung up. I then manually powered down the computer. When I get back into my Access project, I immediately receive the error message "The report name 'Report1' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a report that does not exist. If the invalide report name is a macro, an Action Failed dialog box will display the macro's arguments ...

How do you change the formatting for envelops in the normal templ.
the envelop paragraph formatting is 1.15 and 10 pt at end - this is not what I want - How do I change it to be single and 0 pts for all documents based on the normal template? Modify (or reset) the Envelope Address style, which by default does not have these characteristics. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "dcluchi" <dcluchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEA62CD4-57AA-4E9F-9D63-3BE505D1FDDD@microsoft.com... > the envelop paragraph formatting is 1.15 and 10 pt at e...

Import Adobe Form into Access for Report
I am trying to import a PDF into Access to use as a report and populate the fields with a query I have created. I can not find any help in getting this to work. Can someone help me? -- Terry Foster Tax Trilogy ...

Too Many Fields in a Report?
Has anybody ever had this problem? I have a table with a lot of fields in it. I'm trying to be able to pull up a report with my table's values in it. When I go to "create report by using wizard" I select all the fields for the table that I want it to display. Go through the rest of the set up. The report has to be in the "Tabular" layout. (that part is important for what I'm trying to produce). Then I go to generate the form and this error comes up..."The wizard is unable to create your form or report because you chose too many fields; please try agai...

Custom Report in Project 2007
I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific timeframe. How do I do that with user input? Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Generic Feed Parsers Redux http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/42a9b6e2-809e-4ca7-b3f6-acd41f462063/generic-feed-parsers-redu.aspx Are you looking for predicted work in a graph, list of assignments, or what? What kind of user input are you expecting? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I would like to create a custom resource report for a specific > timefram...