Report Name Customer

Hi

We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the service 
activities per customer in CRM.

I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter 
as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading should 
be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have attempted 
to insert a parameter without success.

I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this.

Many Thanks
Mark
0
9/22/2008 6:36:04 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

4 Replies
643 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 43

no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading


"Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:6FD53154-4333-4C4C-BB51-34F0A9027C66@microsoft.com...
> Hi
>
> We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the 
> service
> activities per customer in CRM.
>
> I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter
> as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading 
> should
> be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have 
> attempted
> to insert a parameter without success.
>
> I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this.
>
> Many Thanks
> Mark 


0
rango20 (75)
9/22/2008 10:39:19 AM
Hi Ian

Thanks for getting back to me. I have recently started creating CRM custom 
reports and I am struggling to find how to do basic things.

I now understand what CRM_FilterText does and I see that if I insert 
=Fields!customeridname.Value it will return the name of the customer that the 
first table relates to. This is fine if I search for details related to one 
customer. How do I set the header not to display any details if I search for 
more than on customer?

I am sure this may seem like quite a simple thing to do. I also noticed that 
if I insert, Customer:=Fields!customeridname.Value no data is returned. Is it 
possible to also auto insert the date that the report relates to.

Thanks so much for your help.
Mark

"Ian Watson" wrote:

> no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading
> 
> 
> "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> message news:6FD53154-4333-4C4C-BB51-34F0A9027C66@microsoft.com...
> > Hi
> >
> > We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the 
> > service
> > activities per customer in CRM.
> >
> > I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter
> > as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading 
> > should
> > be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have 
> > attempted
> > to insert a parameter without success.
> >
> > I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this.
> >
> > Many Thanks
> > Mark 
> 
> 
> 
0
9/22/2008 11:34:00 AM
you and me both, we seem to be on about an even level here...

you may have to work with visible/hidden/expression radio buttons in the 
properties of the header:

actually what does
First(Fields!customeridname.Value, "DataSet1")

the "dataSet" is whatever your dataset name is on the left hand side


"Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
message news:768912DD-A6B3-4A98-B409-FFF46C634104@microsoft.com...
> Hi Ian
>
> Thanks for getting back to me. I have recently started creating CRM custom
> reports and I am struggling to find how to do basic things.
>
> I now understand what CRM_FilterText does and I see that if I insert
> =Fields!customeridname.Value it will return the name of the customer that 
> the
> first table relates to. This is fine if I search for details related to 
> one
> customer. How do I set the header not to display any details if I search 
> for
> more than on customer?
>
> I am sure this may seem like quite a simple thing to do. I also noticed 
> that
> if I insert, Customer:=Fields!customeridname.Value no data is returned. Is 
> it
> possible to also auto insert the date that the report relates to.
>
> Thanks so much for your help.
> Mark
>
> "Ian Watson" wrote:
>
>> no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading
>>
>>
>> "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:6FD53154-4333-4C4C-BB51-34F0A9027C66@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the
>> > service
>> > activities per customer in CRM.
>> >
>> > I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the 
>> > filter
>> > as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading
>> > should
>> > be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have
>> > attempted
>> > to insert a parameter without success.
>> >
>> > I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this.
>> >
>> > Many Thanks
>> > Mark
>>
>>
>> 


0
rango20 (75)
9/22/2008 11:46:53 AM
Hi Ian

Thanks again. I have attempted to do this without success. So 
frustrating.... at least I know what I need to do though. 

Should I use First(Fields!customeridname.Value) as oppossed to 
=Fields!customeridname.Value?

Thanks again


Do I need to use First

"Ian Watson" wrote:

> you and me both, we seem to be on about an even level here...
> 
> you may have to work with visible/hidden/expression radio buttons in the 
> properties of the header:
> 
> actually what does
> First(Fields!customeridname.Value, "DataSet1")
> 
> the "dataSet" is whatever your dataset name is on the left hand side
> 
> 
> "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
> message news:768912DD-A6B3-4A98-B409-FFF46C634104@microsoft.com...
> > Hi Ian
> >
> > Thanks for getting back to me. I have recently started creating CRM custom
> > reports and I am struggling to find how to do basic things.
> >
> > I now understand what CRM_FilterText does and I see that if I insert
> > =Fields!customeridname.Value it will return the name of the customer that 
> > the
> > first table relates to. This is fine if I search for details related to 
> > one
> > customer. How do I set the header not to display any details if I search 
> > for
> > more than on customer?
> >
> > I am sure this may seem like quite a simple thing to do. I also noticed 
> > that
> > if I insert, Customer:=Fields!customeridname.Value no data is returned. Is 
> > it
> > possible to also auto insert the date that the report relates to.
> >
> > Thanks so much for your help.
> > Mark
> >
> > "Ian Watson" wrote:
> >
> >> no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading
> >>
> >>
> >> "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message news:6FD53154-4333-4C4C-BB51-34F0A9027C66@microsoft.com...
> >> > Hi
> >> >
> >> > We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the
> >> > service
> >> > activities per customer in CRM.
> >> >
> >> > I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the 
> >> > filter
> >> > as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading
> >> > should
> >> > be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have
> >> > attempted
> >> > to insert a parameter without success.
> >> >
> >> > I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this.
> >> >
> >> > Many Thanks
> >> > Mark
> >>
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
9/22/2008 12:11:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Index using a defined name array
I have defined 3 arrays using DefineNames: Boys_11_12 Boys_13_14 Boys_15_16 I then have defined a Combo dropdown with the following choices: Boys_11_12 Boys_13_14 Boys_15_16 When the user selects the Boys age group using the Combo dropdown, I then use the selection in an Index function: Index(Boys_(one of the three),...) I get an error when using the Combo dropdown, but it works fine when I type in the array name directly into the Index function. Its as if it knows the array when typed in, but not using the Combo dropdown. I created the Combo dropdown by typing in the arr...

Downloading Customer Information
I want to download the customer master data into excel. Can anyone explain how to do this. Many Thanks. Try the SmartList (Dynamics GP > SmartList in GP10). In the SmartList Explorer, select Sales > Customers to get a list of Customers. Add/remove columns as required, then click the Excel button to throw it all into Excel. Cheers, Andrew Cooper On 14 Oct, 10:48, Adrian Philip <AdrianPhi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to download the customer master data into excel. > > Can anyone explain how to do this. > > Many Thanks. ...

report printing
Hi, I have made some changes in one of the GP report (added some graphics in the paystub). I would like to be able to print this report (without going to the payroll lady and asking her to print the report). I am not sure how I can print a report. Thanks, Carly If data exists in the tables for a report, then the report can be printed from Report Writer, look for the option on the window listing the modified reports and highlight the report. The Print Option will become avaiable if prints are allowed. Otherwise cheques runs need to be created each time, very painful when modify cheque...

FRx Reports
Hello, We are trying to build a breakeven report from FRx, which require us enter variable $ amount for what if analysis. Is there anyway to do it in FRx. i.e., if selling expenese is $2000, what the total will be vs if selling expenese is $5000 the report total. Thanks ...

Print to custom Forms offline
Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? Please let me know thanks. Dan white wrote: > Does anyone know how to or if there is a third paty software that allows you > to print to a customized form while offline with the laptop client? > > Please let me know thanks. i think that you could do a mail merge using your local sql offline db. You would need to crete a new ODBC connection through administrative tools that connects to your local db and then create a new mail merge .d...

Can I pin the L/R scroll bar to the centre of a custom view page?
I use a small screen so have to reduce the size of each open document to review one and make notes in another. I prefer to be able to see all of what I have written in each doc so want to fix/pin/lock the scroll bar at the bottom of the page to the centre so the page doesn't keep moving. Is there a way to do this? ...

my reports are lost
i hided my reports using Report Manager.. then they have lost from the list in crm screen.. but when i uncheck hiding there didnt come back.. how can i get them back in crm screen? i am using crm 3.0 Go into Report Manager and Navigate to the CRM Reports Folder (<orgname>_MSCRM). Select Show Details (near the top right of the screen) All the hidden reports will be visible Edit each report and on the properties uncheck the 'Hide in List View' and you will be able to 'see' it in CRM. "smartiks" <soner.sener@coretech.com.tr> wrote in message news:1...

New Crystal Reports
Hi all, I am fairly new to CRM and have a few of questions: 1. Are the existing reports a part of the CRM install? 2. Can new Crytal Reports be developed, and if so 3. How does one add a newly designed Crystal Report to the report view to make it available to all users? 4. Am I correct ot assume that CRM already comes with a Crystal runtime engine and users do not need to have their own copy of Cryatal installed, if so 5. We don't need Crystal licences for runtime engines correct? Many thanks in advance, Miriam Read the anwser.... "Miriam C." <MiriamC@discussions.mi...

Selecting Photos from and ComboBox list then print on a Report
I would like to have a ComboBox on a Form that lists the names of photographs, and somehow have the names pointing to the actual image stored in the database or on the PC. Then by clicking a button on the Form, I'd like to print a Report with the photo printed on it, along with other data from the record. I hope that makes sense. Thanks in advance for the help. Dave Have a look at PictureMgr, the free demo software that I wrote to manage and print images. http://www.datastrat.com/Download/Picture2K.zip -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http:/...

putting my name at the bottom of calendar, contacts, etc.
how do I personalize my calendar, etc. so I can see my name printed out along with the time, etc. ...

external excel named range
hi-- i'm really new to publisher. here's what i'd like to do..... have an excel spreadsheet with many named ranges. in publisher, i'd like to reference them so they are brought in in "real-time" (ie. any changes i make in Excel, i don't have to re-touch every page in publisher to re-copy/paste the changed excel named range) any internet link or suggestions? TIA -- Kelly That's called OLE. In the Publisher publication use Insert, Object. Add the Excel object. David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] www.publishermvps.com www.davidbartosik.com "Avert" ...

Reporting services 01-25-05
I'm having trouble installing on a SBS 2003 Premium. Reporting services enterprise edition + sp1 is installed, when I try to install the following error occurs. Object Reference is Not Set to an Instance of an Object Any clues ?? Jack ...

can't save report default filter
crm 3.0 SBE On SBS 2003 when I edit report default fiter of any default report or customized report,then click save,I got an error. this is the error text: crm had an error,please contact system manager. ...

US Tax Forms in SQL Reporting Services for GP 9
Does Microsoft or a third party offer U.S. tax forms such as W2 or 1099 in for use in SQL Reporting Services for SQL Server 2005? Ideally I'd like to have a *.rdl file I can upload to my report server to generate 1099 or W2 forms from data in Dynamics GP 9. ------=_NextPart_0001_E5F015CF Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. Unfortunately there is not an out-of-the-box SRS report offered by Microsoft. I am not sure if any third party reports exist, however if you are interested you can contact Microsoft Professional Serv...

What is the bar and function name for refresh all?
Does anyone have any suggestions on what the bar and function name is for refresh all from external links? I would like to code macro to refresh all from external links, Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Try something like: ActiveWorkbook.UpdateLink Name:=ActiveWorkbook.LinkSources -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Eric" wrote: > Does anyone have any suggestions on what the bar and function name is for > refresh all from external links? > I would like to code macro to refresh all from external li...

Naming: Subform Control vs Subform Itself
What's the best rule of thumb for naming subform controls? It is better to name them differently from the subform name? -- Thanks croy I always name the forms being used as subforms sfrmXXXX, and the control subXXXX, but there's no real reason for that. Whatever you find most convenient. Remember, though, that sometimes you have no choice. Don't forget that it's possible to use the same form multiple times as a subform on the same parent form. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "croy" <croy@invalid.net>...

Worksheet name
Hi What should i do so that the Worksheet (Tab) name is the same as what i type in a specific cell? Regards, Hi Walrus. I think that the only thing to do is to type them in separately. I am not aware that you can pull one from the other automatically. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "walrus" wrote: > Hi > > What should i do so that the Worksheet (Tab) name is the same as what i type > in a specific cell? > > Regards, Hi, Right click your sheet tab, view code and paste the code in. Change A1 to the cell y...

Require report with user ID and password
We require a report which has the user ID and the password. In version 9.0 the password is encrypted so we can not generate such a report currently. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowse...

Import 4.0 customizations after upgrade
Hello, I did a new install of CRM 4.0 on a server. On an image I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 (with our customizations) to CRM 4.0. When I try to import the CRM 4.0 customizations from the image to our new install, I get the following error: "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file." It doesn't make a difference if I upload a .zip file or .xml (which I extracted from the customizations.zip). I don't want to make all the customizations that I did in CRM 3.0 all over again so that it works in 4.0. Any help is appreciated. I sugg...

Hyperlinks and Named Ranges
I have a formula that currently checks a state abbreviation against a table. If a certain value is retreived, a hyperlink is shown. How can I have the hyperlink go to a named location within a separate file, based on the state abbreviation used in the VLOOKUP command?? =IF(VLOOKUP(E53,EnergyCalcs,2,FALSE)="See JURISDICTIONS",HYPERLINK("C:\EnergyCodes\FullJuris.xls","See Energy Codes"),VLOOKUP(E53,EnergyCalcs,2,FALSE)) Thanks!! If you want the file to open with the cursor at cell F10 in sheet "Energy", for example, you can amend your formula as ...

How do I set up mulitple accounts for my customers in excel
I am trying to set something up so I can keep track of some of my customers that are on a payment plan but I can't figure out how to set it up and have it figure it all out for me as I put in the info. I am trying to do it on excel. I'm not sure exactly what you are trying to do but, you could do something like this. On sheet 1 type in the customer name in column A and their payment in column B. A B Joe Smith $25.00 Just list the customers down the page as they make payments. On sheet 2, column A, type your first cu...

How to customize the quotes
I've played around with CRM for some time now and I'm quite impressed with the level of available customization within the interface itself. Only thing is that those printable quotes, invoices etc look terrible. Can someone give me some ideas how I can go about customizing these to contain company logos and fonts etc. Thanks Two practical options: 1. Use SDK to build your own "Print" form 2. Use Crystal Report to create a tailor made Report. Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm San Francisco, CA "George" wrote: > I&...

Can I check for duplicate content as I fill in a product name in e
I am entering hundreds of product titles in excel and want to be sure I am not listing the same product twice. Can excel check this as I typy the information in a cell? "Ed Green" <EdGreen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12309C49-C75F-4FED-8C12-C1BD3C559036@microsoft.com... > I am entering hundreds of product titles in excel and want to be sure I am > not listing the same product twice. Can excel check this as I typy the > information in a cell? Probably, somebody in a discussion group for Excel could help you. This group is for .NE...

owner name
Example: in the create new task window there is an Owner Name which I'm assuming is created when the program is first installed. Is there anyway of changing that name without removing and re-installing the program? Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0381) Win98SE The owner's name is the same as your name on "from" line in emails. Change it by going to Accounts, properties of your account and changing it in the User Information Name box. >-----Original Message----- >Example: in the create new task window there is an Owner Name which I'm >assuming is created when the p...

multi-column report problem
I got a report which show multi-column label, When I run the application under Visual Studio, it previews fine. howerver After i publish the project , and run the report in my real web site. The reports become single column. Does any one know the problem ? Thanks a lot ...