Report Error - for a single user.

Hi all,

any ideas on this....

We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users
except one !

When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
found.

I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked
that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Ian

0
Ian
11/7/2007 11:29:17 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Ian,

Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her
other reports as well?

Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
http://www.crowecrm.com

On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> any ideas on this....
>
> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users
> except one !
>
> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
> found.
>
> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked
> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

0
Darren
11/7/2007 3:54:08 PM
Ian,

I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was having
problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as everyone
else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain login
to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic db_datareader
permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.  Here's the
kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
worked for her.  Go figure.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> any ideas on this....
>
> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users
> except one !
>
> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
> found.
>
> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked
> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian

Hi Darren,

on further testing, she cant run any reports at all. For example when she
tries to run the standard sales pipeline report she gets the following:
Reporting Services Error

  a.. The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to
false. However, the corresponding parameter (default) value is null or
contains an empty string. (rsProcessingError) Get Online Help

Microsoft Reporting Services

Any idea what this means ?

Ian

"Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ian,
>
> Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her
> other reports as well?
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> any ideas on this....
>>
>> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all
>> users
>> except one !
>>
>> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
>> found.
>>
>> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and
>> checked
>> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian

0
Ian
11/7/2007 5:15:28 PM
Chad,

thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in SQL
as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.

Ian
"Chad" <Chad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ian,
>
> I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was having
> problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as
> everyone
> else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain
> login
> to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic db_datareader
> permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.  Here's
> the
> kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
> worked for her.  Go figure.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> any ideas on this....
>>
>> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all
>> users
>> except one !
>>
>> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
>> found.
>>
>> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and
>> checked
>> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian

0
Ian
11/8/2007 10:29:52 AM
Hi Ian,

Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
CRM server.

On Nov 8, 4:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
> Chad,
>
> thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in SQL
> as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.
>
> Ian"Chad" <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Ian,
>
> > I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was having
> > problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as
> > everyone
> > else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain
> > login
> > to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic db_datareader
> > permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.  Here's
> > the
> > kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
> > worked for her.  Go figure.
>
> > "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
> >> Hi all,
>
> >> any ideas on this....
>
> >> We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all
> >> users
> >> except one !
>
> >> When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be
> >> found.
>
> >> I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and
> >> checked
> >> that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine.
>
> >> Any help would be appreciated
>
> >> Thanks
>
> >> Ian- Hide quoted text -

Darren
11/8/2007 2:57:46 PM
Hi darren,

she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.

She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername (not IP)
so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.

> Hi Ian,
>
> Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
> the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
> access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
> make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
> CRM server.
>
> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://www.crowecrm.com
>

> On Nov 8, 4:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
>> Chad,
>>
>> thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in
>> SQL
>> as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.
>>
>> Ian"Chad" <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > Ian,
>>
>> > I was pulling my hair out a few months ago when a single user was
>> > having
>> > problems with Reports, despite being a member of the same groups as
>> > everyone
>> > else.  I ended up resolving the issue by explicitly adding her domain
>> > login
>> > to the approved logins for the CRM database with just basic
>> > db_datareader
>> > permissions.  Once I did that, she was able to run reports fine.
>> > Here's
>> > the
>> > kicker... out of curiosity, I removed her login afterwards and it still
>> > worked for her.  Go figure.

Ian
11/8/2007 5:09:13 PM
Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?

"Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
> Hi darren,
>
> she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.
>
> She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername (not
> IP) so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>
> "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ian,
>>
>> Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
>> the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
>> access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
>> make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
>> CRM server.
>>
>> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
>> http://www.crowecrm.com
>>

>> On Nov 8, 4:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kels...@crmnews.com> wrote:
>>> Chad,
>>>
>>> thanks for that - unfortunately this didnt work for me. I added her in
>>> SQL
>>> as db_datareader but she still cant run reports.
>>>
>>> Ian"Chad" <C...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Ian
11/12/2007 7:08:53 PM
Hi Ian K.

Still trying to solve this?

Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?

Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the entity
being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.

Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the report.

Regards,
Ian S.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?
>
> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
> > Hi darren,
> >
> > she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.
> >
> > She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername (not
> > IP) so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Ian
> >
> > "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Ian,
> >>
> >> Did she access report using the URL for the IP address? If she using
> >> the IP address. Kerbero don't work with IP, she need to use the url to
> >> access CRM. Also please check her IE setting with the other users,
> >> make sure it's the same, IE might block the authentication pass to the
> >> CRM server.
> >>
> >> Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP
> >> http://www.crowecrm.com

IanSalgado (22)
1/8/2008 10:08:00 AM
Yep - still trying to solve it.

We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
profile.

She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
created it all so it cant be a rights issue.

In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
account summary for one of her accounts.

Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Ian

"Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ian K.
>
> Still trying to solve this?
>
> Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?
>
> Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the entity
> being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.
>
> Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the
> report.
>
> Regards,
> Ian S.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?
>>
>> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi darren,
>> >
>> > she is just using the report buttons inside CRM.
>> >
>> > She always starts CRM with a shortcut which is http://crmservername
>> > (not
>> > IP) so I am assuming the report will use the same URL.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> >
>> > Ian
>> >
>> > "Darren Liu" <darrenliu@gmail.com> wrote in message

Hi Ian K.

Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD, make
sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user first.

If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem, right?
This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in CRM
and in the Report server also?

Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a Browser for
CRM

Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator role
for testing purposes?

privilege.

Regards,
Ian S.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Yep - still trying to solve it.
>
> We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
> profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
> profile.
>
> She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
> created it all so it cant be a rights issue.
>
> In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
> account summary for one of her accounts.
>
> Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian
>

> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ian K.
> >
> > Still trying to solve this?
> >
> > Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?
> >
> > Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the entity
> > being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.
> >
> > Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the
> > report.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ian S.
> >
> > "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
> >
> >> Still trying to solve this if anyone has an idea ?
> >>
> >> "Ian Kelsall" <ian.kelsall@crmnews.com> wrote in message

IanSalgado (22)
1/10/2008 9:26:01 AM
Hi Ian S,

appreciate the feedback...

When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees is
the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.

I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...

The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false.

If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..

Ian K.

> Hi Ian K.
>
> Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD, make
> sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user first.
>
> If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem,
> right?
> This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in CRM
> and in the Report server also?
>
> Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a Browser
> for
> CRM
>
> Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator role
> for testing purposes?
>
> privilege.
>
> Regards,
> Ian S.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Yep - still trying to solve it.
>>
>> We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
>> profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
>> profile.
>>
>> She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
>> created it all so it cant be a rights issue.
>>
>> In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
>> account summary for one of her accounts.
>>
>> Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Ian
>>

>> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Ian K.
>> >
>> > Still trying to solve this?
>> >
>> > Can this user run the report when accessing directly the ReportServer?
>> >
>> > Is this users privilege (roles) has access (at least read) to the
>> > entity
>> > being accessed in the Sub-report? This could eventually be the problem.
>> >
>> > Try giving this user the same roles as of the users that can run the
>> > report.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ian S.

Hi Ian K.

Try checking this KB link for your particular error.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927021 I suggest you do Resolution 2 first
before any other things.

Hope this would eventually fix your problem :)

HTH
Ian S.

"Ian Kelsall" wrote:

> Hi Ian S,
>
> appreciate the feedback...
>
> When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees is
> the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
> other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.
>
> I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
> runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...
>
> The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false.
>
> If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
> CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..
>
> Ian K.
>
> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ian K.
> >
> > Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD, make
> > sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user first.
> >
> > If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem,
> > right?
> > This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in CRM
> > and in the Report server also?
> >
> > Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a Browser
> > for
> > CRM
> >
> > Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator role
> > for testing purposes?
> >
> > privilege.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ian S.
> >
> > "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
> >
> >> Yep - still trying to solve it.
> >>
> >> We are down to the fact that it must be something to do with her windows
> >> profile - so we are about to try deleting that and giving her a clean
> >> profile.
> >>
> >> She does have complete access to all the data in the report - in fact she
> >> created it all so it cant be a rights issue.
> >>
> >> In fact she cant run any reports at all - even something simple like an
> >> account summary for one of her accounts.
> >>
> >> Any further suggestions would be gratefully received.
> >>
> >> Thanks
> >>
> >> Ian
> >>

> >> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

IanSalgado (22)
1/11/2008 3:24:19 AM
Hi ian S,

I looked at this KB a while ago - sure I tried that but will go check
anyway.

Thanks

Ian K
> Hi Ian K.
>
> Try checking this KB link for your particular error.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927021 I suggest you do Resolution 2 first
> before any other things.
>
> Hope this would eventually fix your problem :)
>
> HTH
> Ian S.
>
> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ian S,
>>
>> appreciate the feedback...
>>
>> When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees
>> is
>> the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
>> other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.
>>
>> I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
>> runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...
>>
>> The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to false.
>>
>> If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
>> CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..
>>
>> Ian K.
>>
>> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Ian K.
>> >
>> > Wait! Before deleting (I suggest disabling) the User profile in AD,
>> > make
>> > sure you remove the CRM Users license and assign it to another user
>> > first.
>> >
>> > If this user can create records then it should not be an AD problem,
>> > right?
>> > This could be RS settings after all :) She can't access the reports in
>> > CRM
>> > and in the Report server also?
>> >
>> > Try checking in the Report Server if this particular users has a
>> > Browser
>> > for
>> > CRM
>> >
>> > Have you tried trying to give this particular user the Administrator
>> > role
>> > for testing purposes?
>> >
>> > privilege.
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ian S.

Just in case anyone else has this issue - we finally resolved it.

The user in question had an identical domain name to a pervious CRM user.

Some time ago a user who left the company had been deleted from AD - but the
user record was still in the CRM database.

A new user joined later and was given an identical domain name - so there
were 2 records in the CRM database with identical dn's.

Once we cleaned up the user could run reports OK.

Just odd that she could do everything else OK - just the reports failed for
her !

Thanks

Ian

> Hi ian S,
>
> I looked at this KB a while ago - sure I tried that but will go check
> anyway.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian K
> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Ian K.
>>
>> Try checking this KB link for your particular error.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927021 I suggest you do Resolution 2
>> first
>> before any other things.
>>
>> Hope this would eventually fix your problem :)
>>
>> HTH
>> Ian S.
>>
>> "Ian Kelsall" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Ian S,
>>>
>>> appreciate the feedback...
>>>
>>> When she points the browser to http:\\servername\reports - all she sees
>>> is
>>> the Home page - but nothing is listed. This is exactly the same for any
>>> other user who can run reprts normally from inside CRM.
>>>
>>> I dont believe this relates to a particular report or sub report. If she
>>> runs a standard Account overview, she gets an error...
>>>
>>> The property 'nullable' of report parameter 'CRM_Locale' is set to
>>> false.
>>>
>>> If I add here to the Admin group, she still has the same problem - a
>>> CRM-locale error comes up after hitting run..
>>>
>>> Ian K.
>>>
>>> "Ian Salgado" <IanSalgado@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

#NAME? error in nested if & VB
I have many cellse (5 x 10) usine up to 6 nested ifs in each cell. a cell looks similar to: =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(Summary_GOOD),AB40),CompDM($D40,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD)-IF(AB39,CompDM($D39,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB38,CompDM($D38,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB37,CompDM($D37,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB36,CompDM($D36,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(Summary_GOOD_Writer="REP",CompDM("REP","GOOD",Summary_GOOD),0)))))) In an attempt to reduce the size of the formula I created in VB (1st attempt at VB: Function CompDM(Contract_...

Viewing error: can only see in Full Screen
Hi all, TIA for the help. I've had 2 users in the last month or so say that when they open their sheet, it only displays a grey screen. Once i flip it to View > Full Screen, the sheet comes up. Any solutions? Thanks, Kevin M ...

3rd Party Report Writers using A/P Tables
I am trying to print a check register using a 3rd party system. I need to know the table you need to access to obtain check numbers from history A/P transactions. For your table information questions, you can consult the SDK (page 47 of the Payables table integration document) as well as the resource descriptions within Great Plains. The SDK can be installed from the second Great Plains cd. There are a couple of tables you might want to use: PM_Paid_Transaction_History PM_Apply_To_Hist "Andy J_" <AndyJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5010AC0-738D-479...

DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS error
Hi all , I got the problem the error is DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS , due to my service admin account is unknown account now , how can i remove this account , thx Stanley I also have the same error when i try using the Exchange Administrator from a Windows XP Pro (SP2) workstation, and it seems that it happened when a domain was added that used a Windows Server 2003 DC (mixed mode), and we also have this error when modifying admin rights to the 'Adminnistrator'!!!!!!!!!! any help on this would help Jason "Stanley" wrote: > Hi all , > > I got the pr...

Second (Multiple) user cannot open MDB from explorer.
Hi all, I have a database I've just created and multiple users may want to access it. I've set up the user level security, assigned everybody usernames and passwords, that's fine. The problem is, 2 users cannot open the database at once...through explorer. If user 1, let's say me, opens the file and creates the .ldb record locking file (which, I'm not sure why it's creating, because I have record locking as "No locks" in Options->Advanced) nobody else can open the file in explorer by double clicking. If you go through Access, choose open and then s...

Giving default values to edit boxes when users leave them blank..
Say that a user selects an edit box, erases the contents, and then moves to another edit box. Is there an easy way to fill the erased contents when the user selects something else? Frank B. Perhaps something like: CWnd* pWnd = GetDlgItem(IDC_YOUREDITCONTROL); ASSERT_VALID(pWNd); pWnd->SetWindowText(_T("WHATEVER Text"); Another option is to use wizard and bind a CEdit in your dialog to the one in your class using DDX mechanism. Then you can change it simply using m_MyEditControl.SetWindowText(..); Of course there is always UpdateData as well. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] aja...

Printing multiple copy reports in Access 2003
I have a custom Access application that handles my companie's Inventory and Invoicing. We are in the process of converting the Invoice report from a dot matrix to a laser printer. This invoice also is used as a delivery ticket which is signed by the customer requiring the laser invoice form to be carbonless. I found a 5 part carbonless laser form that works great and I have been able to use code to print the 5 copies and non-coallated using the PRINTOUT method. I am trying to go with a completely blank invoice form. I have ran into an issue with trying to print on the bottom of the ...

The Command Is Not Available Error Message When You Try to Start the Out of Of
We're experiencing when a client comes back from leave and wants to turn off the Out of Office message from Outlook 2003 with Windows XP or 2000, it actually does not prompt them the "Out of office" message box. This is the error message displayed: "The Command Is Not Available Error Message When You Try to Start the Out of Office Assistant" I've already tried going into the registry and fixed it once before, but with Windows XP it is not a solution. Has anyone come across this. Thanks. ...

Error: This view is damaged. The default view will be used
Has anyone seen this before. I have a user with a new install of Outlook. He has been able to send and receive just fine. He opens up Outlook now and some of his folders are un-available. Folders = Deleted / Puplic folders / Favorite and a couple others. Try this - CLose Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /CleanViews (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanViews" Select OK ....any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlo...

OnError not trapping subsequent errors?
I am working with an org chart "tree" in table form to find the reporting heirachy. I start with the employee name, look it up on another table, and find that person's reporting manager. Then I look up that manager as an employee to find their manager, and so on. Eventually each tree hits an error when I get to the top of the tree, because it can't find a matching manager name. So, I use onError to escape the loop and present the data onscreen for review. This works fine the first time, but the code stops with an error on the second 'original' emplo...

Blue Sreen Error
I get a blue screen error (also known as the blue screen of death or BSOD) in Windows XP Pro that is caused by PowerPoint 2007. I should say “primarily” caused by PowerPoint as some other things will occasionally trigger it as well. It usually happens when I am scrolling through a number of PowerPoint slides. Other rare causes are also graphics intensive such as Google Earth or a web cam. My guess is that it is not a PowerPoint problem in itself but in a driver or device issue (video card for example). But before I start detailed troubleshooting I thought I would ask if anybo...

0x800CCC0F error #2
OL2003 I have my POP and SMTP settings correct (I have run test message and it sends and receives) yet when OL automatically sends and receives, I get the above error with server responded on 553 unknown address. I have increased server timeout but still nothing, any help is appreciated It's a bit tough to know exactly what the problem is but one suggestion is that you have 2 email addresses set up; one which is working and one with erroneous settings - maybe set up by mistake when you were configuring OL. Oliver "T5" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Give Null value and suppress error
I have a cbo ShopName on my subform that is populated by ltblShop. I want the the field blank if a ShopName is not applicable as this entry is later used and a "None" entry would not work there. At this point, my first msgbox opens confirming that there's no shop and upon "Yes" focus returns to ShopName but the regular Access NotInList error message pops up - presumably because it can't match " " in the list - I can tab beyond it into the next field but I want that error suppressed. Thanks so much for your help!! Here's my code: If New...

Trendline error???
Has anybody else had this problem? If one uses a 6 order polynomial as trendline and then s/he enters manually in an other column the same equation taken from the displayed trendline equation on the graph , the original trendline is different from the one manually entered. Excel plots the two different curves having the same equation!!! Please see an example at : http://www.geocities.com/audax/error.xls Thank you for the help. Gene Disregard the previous message. The problem is due to the rounding off. The trendline calculation is OK. Gene See my website for the use of LINEST to get coef...

Reporting Folder Sizes
Does anyone have a sample VBscript (or can tell me how to do write one) that can report on the folder sizes for user's mailboxes? I'm particularly interested in the size of a person's Sent Items and Deleted Items. I have seen nothing on this in the scripting center, and have browsed the Exchange Scripting information as well. I'm not an Exchange Admin, I'm a Windows Admin who's good with scripting. Is there a way to make Exchange generate this information in a machine-readable file that I can then post-process with a script? I could pass that info along to o...

How do I calculate percentages in a report?
I have seven crew members who have worked at various parks throughout the year. My report has all the parks and the hours worked by each crew member. How do I calculate the percentage of hours worked at any one park by a member for the year in a report? Tessa wrote: >I have seven crew members who have worked at various parks throughout the >year. My report has all the parks and the hours worked by each crew member. >How do I calculate the percentage of hours worked at any one park by a member >for the year in a report? If you don't already have one, create a group w...

after crash forms display errors
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

balances to income and spending report
I ran the income and spending report for a month. To make sure everything was included in the report, I compared it to the total change of all the account balances included in the report from the beginning of the month to the end. In one month, I was within $0.10. In Feb, I'm off $1,4000+ and I can't find the culpret! I'm sure that it is transfer(s) that are missing, or something with a split expense transaction. But, where I've spot checked, all the transfers and expenses are accounted for in the report. For reporting options I've made sure that transfers and unassi...

Any third party tools like RMS Active Report
Is the RMS Active Report a third party tool? I found it is very useful in building report and its function is actually enough for me. Where can i get a tool like the Active Report one or exactly the Active Report? Thank you very much for your help There is a product from Datadynamics called Active Reports. This looks and does reports similar to MS Active reports. Though Microsoft Active Report is a proprietary language using the componentone grid. You can use various other tools like report sharp shooter to make it behave like Active reports with the addition that you can also add gr...

error on excel 2000 when inserting new column
This message occur-" To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select cell A1,and save yur workbook to reset the last cell used or, yo can move the data to a new location and try again." please help me about this. thanks! Jaypee Unless you specifically reset excels usedrange occassionally, you can find that lots of inserting can mean that excel thinks it has data far more to the right or below of where you think. If you then try to insert say a colum...

Authentication Error after CRM Rebuild
We had to rebuild our CRM 3.0 server, and after installing SQL 2005 & CRM and restoring the databases, we are now getting an authentication error in the browser. Note that the original AD security groups in AD were accidentally deleted. Also, we tried to re-associate the databases with CRM through Deployment Manager but the Server Manager part is not displayed. We made sure we were logged in with the CRM installation credentials Any thoughts about how we can get past this? Thanks Yes, 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Run the Redeployment Wizard (on the DVD, Redeployment folder) -- this will do ...

The report server installation is not initialized
I installed scale-out deployment of SQL Server Reporting Services 2005. Getting this error when i browse to the Reports website http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Folder.aspx The report server installation is not initialized. (rsReportServerNotActivated) (rsRPCError) In the Report Server Status window, under Instance properties section i see Initialized: Yes Please let me know the solution to this problem ...

View All Records CMD button error
Hi all, Access 2007, Vista SP2, Ultimate 32 bit I have a filter form on which I have combo boxes to filter by specific criteria. I also have a command button that should open the record display form to show all records with the following behind the button: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Private Sub cmdViewAll_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdViewAll_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmMedsRec" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_cmdViewAll_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdViewAll_Click: MsgBox Err.Des...

ERRORS After Initial Install of Office: Mac 2004 Standard Edition
I just installed MS Office 2004 on my brand new iMAC. The Test Drive edition (from my laptop) was removed at the end of the process. I emptied the trash. But when I launch the programs, I get the following error: An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library. And when I quit Excel I get this error: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec This can't be good. What should I do? Update. After you've downloaded and applied the 11.3.3 updater, you should be able to run Office without these error messages. On 1/2/07 18:58, in article 1170352733.992...

Strange Error
WHen I try and create a contact/address in Outlook 2002 address book I get this error. "A new entry could not be added. Please use the contacts module to create this entry." I am using Windows 98 as well, any light shed would be GREAT thanx Click on your contacts folder and create addresses/contacts there. PWRMNGR wrote: > WHen I try and create a contact/address in Outlook 2002 address book > I get this error. "A new entry could not be added. Please use the > contacts module to create this entry." > > I am using Windows 98 as well, any light shed would...