Report Designer on Visual Studio 2005: Is it possible without 2003?

Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM? I
can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005 installed
on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells me that I
do not have the Visual Studio 2003.

Thanks in advance!

0
Juliano
6/14/2007 2:41:42 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

You need VS to create report rdl file. Visual Studio 2005 should work. To
publish report you can log into CRM to upload your report file.

"Juliano" <tom@jager.com> wrote in message
> Do I have to install Visual Studio .NET 2003 to design new reports on CRM?
> I can't publish them on CRM when I have only the Visual Studio 2005
> installed on my machine. When I install the SRS Designer, the Wizard tells
> me that I do not have the Visual Studio 2003.
>
> Thanks in advance!

0
Lan

Native Mode in Windows 2003
I am doing a test install of CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 environment. During the install it tells me that I must be in Native Mode. When in Administration Tools -> Active Directory Domains and Trusts and I right mouse clice and select Raise Domain Functional Level I am shown as being in Windows 2000 mixed. My choices are Windows 2000 native or Windows 2003. Which should I select? I am not an AD or Windows 2003 guru. Alan Hi Alan, This should work with both options, it all depends on your domain architecture. Do you have any other NT4 DC ? if not you can move easily to Windows 2000...

Set Default Calendar in Outlook 2003
How can I change the default calendar in Outlook 2003? I have two calendars showing. One was created when I installed Outlook. The other was created when I installed Outlook Conector and added my MSN account. I'd like to use the MSN calendar as default as it is synced to all my computers when I log on to Outlook. Thanks, Sam Your default calendar folder is always the Calendar folder in your local message store or Exchange Mailbox. You can't make the MSN one the default as far as I know "Sam Crawford" <sam@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eN531ASxFHA.612@T...

Exchange 2003 OWA stopped working and DNS Events
Hi All, I am struggling with yet another Exchange 2003 problem. It has been working flawlessley for almost, nothing changed and all of a sudden quit working. When I try to open up my OWA I am getting the 503 service unavailable page. In my Event Logs, I am seeing this when I reboot the server: The dynamic registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.ic-MYDOMAINXXXX.us. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 exchange.MYDOMAINXXXX.us.' failed on the following DNS server: DNS server IP address: 205.178.190.31 Returned Response Code (RCODE): 5 Returne...

Deployment Office 2003
In my organization we are going to deploy Office2003 Pro with SMS, I am using an MST file, I have some Questions:: 1. How can I config in outlook 2003 the field: SIZE in the inbox/sent items to all of my users in the deployment, Is it with OPS file and how can I do it...??? 2. In the Installation proccess : How can I make the OUTLOOK ICON appear in the desktop, not in a mode of shoutcut but in amode that I can change profile's user from it...??? 3. In the Installation Mode: How can make the CANCEL button to disapear..??? Thax OR 1) You would have to provide a script to ...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Is it possible to do the following?
Hi I am hoping that someone will be able to tell me how to accomplish the following... or perhaps point me in the right direction... I need to send out a weekly reminder to a group of users to get their expenses forms filed. I would like to do this automatically from Outlook 2003. Therefore, I would like to automate this process to send the same e-mail to the same distribution list, at the same time (approximately) every week. I have looked at 'rules' and 'options' on the message - but do not see a solution. I am not a programmer so a macro is beyond my reach. Thank you. ...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

Macro to run without any popups
I am a newbie but thought someone in this group could assist Trying to accomplish the following: Search for all ^p and replace them with ^| (soft return) and then find the following text =93please call with questions=94 and put that in bold anywhere in the sentence. However I am able to do the soft return with a macro but I don=92t want any popups to happen when I run the macro. Is that possible? Sub ScratchMaco() Dim oRng As Word.Range Set oRng = ActiveDocument.Content With oRng.Find .Text = "^p" .Replacement.Text = "^l" .Execute Replace:=wdRep...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have recently upgrated from MS Outlook Express to MS Outlook 2003 on WinXP. Using rule based filters I want to filter my mails in different catogaries. Now the situation is I want all the mails arriving from one domain to be moved in a single floder. eg. if the mail arriave from ..yahoo.com domain it should me moved in to local yahoo folder. Is there a way to specify wildcard like *.yahoo.com or any other tweak so that I can move all the mail arriving from one domain rather then using single mail id. Regards, Ketan. You can use the condition; With specific words in the sender's ...

how do I tell excell 2003 to print sheets back to front?
In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot find that command in excell 2003. Am I overlooking it, or have they changed the command convention to an obscure, hard to understand, jargon. FILE | PRINT... | Click on the PROPERTIES button | PAGE ORDER, i.e. back to front. "goochiepepper" wrote: > In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the > front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot > find that co...

Outlook 2003 error
I got reburish PC from microcenter. It had a trail version of Office 2007 which had outlook. I uninstalled Office 2007 and install my Office 2003. All other Office program works fine except Outlook. After creating my email account it gave me this error message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folder. Outlook could not startbecause a data file to send and recieve mail could not be found. To dd a data file, such s a perosnal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel." I did that an when i try to add a data folder on my outlook profile it ga...

How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003
How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help menu and I cannot figure it out. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F05DEA1-E264-4760-9DDE-3C97319AA1D4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help > menu and I cannot figure it out. ...

publisher 2003 keeps freezing
publisher 2003 keeps locking up when i try to convert anything, that is, ANYTHING AT ALL into columns, more specifically 2 columns. i have a decent system, ive tried defragging all my partitions with the page file turned off, ive scanned time and time again for spyware and found nothing, and ive fixed all registry problems. this is getting really annoying, as i need this specific project for school. I havent upgraded from an older version, this is my first time running publisher of any version at all. Im running under WinXP sp1, with all the critical updates and service packs, and o...

Excel 2003 ODBC Add-in
Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? Hi MS no longer delivers this addin with Excel 2003. But check out: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/sqlrequest.html http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2002/xlodbc.aspx -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Excel2003User" <Excel2003User@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:687E3600-63A2-414E-A7B8-5366BE386667@microsoft.com... > Where can I download Excel 2003 ODBC Add-In from ? ...

how make outlook 2003 default and keep NG reader?
Hi, I have a perplexing problem concerning outlook express 6.0 and outlook 2003, both of which I have installed on a new laptop running xp home. I set up express first, and so it was the default email and newsgroup client. Subsequently Outlook 2003 was similarly configured. Here's the interesting part: If I set outlook 2003 as the default, the ability to go to the news reader goes away. If I set Express as the default, it comes back and I can get to the newsreader from either one. Any idea on how this can be resolved so the option to use outlook 2003 as the default newsgroup r...

Information Store in 2003
Hi All, I have just installed my first Exchange 2003 server and the Information Store will not start. The error in the event log is The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0). I checked on Technet and they stated that the Exchange Domain servers group of the child domain should be a member of the Enterprise Exchange servers group in the Parent domain. I made the change rebooted the server and the same problem. Any ideas? H Mohammed, You might also want to try running setup /domainprep in your child domain then creating the Rec...

Publisher 2003
Hi, I'm trying to create a membershipcard with publisher. I used a mail merge to create all the cards with different names and picuters. On the screen everything looks fine. I want to have multiple cards on one page with a total of eight per page. When looking at the print preview every card shows the same name. I read about the bug with the preview so I printed some pages. Now I get a page full of cards with the same name and then a page with the second name in all the cards and so on. What am I doing wrong? Maarten Maarten <rijt@dse.nl> was very recently heard to utter: ...

Excel 2003, Opening a file
Hello Everyone, I have this problem when trying to open a file in Excel. It takes along time to drill down down in the folder list. Any ideas? Thanks -Mark I suggest putting a shortcut to the file(s) or to the buried folder that your file(s) are in. The shortcut could be on your desktop or in some folder close to the "surface". To create the shortcut or your desktop you can navigate to the desired folder (using My Computer), right click and drag the folder to your desktop. When you release respond that you want to create a shortcut (rather than moving or copying...

Deploying Exchange 2003 admin tools
I manage a full Windows 2003/XP domain, with a single Exchange 2003 organization; in this domain there are some users with administrative rights, and I want them to be able to do their administrative tasks from any workstation of the network. So I assigned (via AD group policy) the Windows 2003 administrative tools package (adminpak.msi) to every computer on the network, to allow these users to have their tools available when needed; I know I could also have assigned the package to the users, but this would have considerably slowed down logon time when one of them logs on to a workstation he n...

V10 - Transaction by debtor enquiry report
Hi, Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, the last digit of the amount is dropped off? This is when printed as A4 - payables is okay going to same printer. Okay when displayed to screen - only lost when actually printed. Thanks Jean -- JB Is the last digit perhaps trying to print outside the 'printable' area of the printer? If you do not use A4 paper does it work? Do you have the A4 module installed? "JB" wrote: > Hi, > > Anyone any ideas why when printing the transaction by debtor enquiry report, ...

Visual Basic error in Excel2000
Recently I started getting the following visual basic error when I start up Excel2000 "Compile error in hidden module:AutoExecNew". I get the following error when I close Excel "Compile error in hidden module:DistMon". When I click "OK" the program continues and other than the PIA factor, it does not seem to impact the operations of the program. I have tried to reinstall Excel2000, but it did not fix the problem. Short of upgrading, any ideas on how to fix. It is a fault of one your add-ins. Go to the Tools menu, choose Add-Ins, and uncheck each add-in,...

Printing Home Inventory Worksheet Report in Money Deluxe 2005
Can anyone tell me how to print a "home inventory worksheet report" or export it to Excel in Money Deluxe 2005? I have printed this report in the past with Money 2004 Standard, but can't figure out to do so in 2005 and neither can tech support. Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but when I am in the home inventory, I can click file->print (this is deluxe 2005 uk edition) -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny or http://money.mvps.org/faq for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To...

Outlook 2003 calendar Views strange
Hello, I have an issue with the view that a client gets in his calendar. He gets a sort of Tasks View. Instead of the dates by day/week/month view like normal. I've tried re-installing, giving him a new profile and playing with the settings but nothing. I finally got the view back by adding another shared calendar to his view, clicking on that which brought back the normal view then clicking on his which brought both of them up in the normal view side by side then closeing the shared calendar leaving his as normal. I thought I'd got it but as soon as you click onto mail or a...

Deply CRM 3 Using SMS 2003 sp2
Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What pitfalls did you see, if any? Just to clarify - CRM v3 Client for Outlook (both the full and the light client) "English Keith" wrote: > Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What > pitfalls did you see, if any? On Thu, 29 Nov 2007 08:50:19 -0800, English Keith <English Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone managed to deploy CRM v3 using SMS 2003 sp2 and if so how?? What >pitfalls did you see, if any? You can't do this and I have...