replication of multiple CRM databases

Hello,

I'm investrigating CRM packages and the environment I'm looking at is
having two or three instllations (one in US, one in Canada and
possibly one in France). The data needs to be shared to a degree (if
possible) and one option I want to consider is MS SQL server
replication. Ideally, so the two/three international installations can
work with the same data, showing local regional settings (US$ Can$ and
euro).

Network infrastructure means having an installation in one central
location with the other two accessing the central, shared database
over the Internet would not be the most appropriate. (Though using the
Internet for data replication would be OK).

I understand that CRM uses replication to handle synchronization
between the central db and MDSE based outlook clients for offline
access. But does this hinder server replication for seperate CRM
servers?

Any thoughts and ideas welcome?
S Conchowski
0
ukfb
4/14/2004 11:50:13 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Steve

the current releases of CRM ie 1.0 and 1.2 do not allow the replication of
multiple databases. Right now I manage a global install of Microsoft CRM
with it deployed between two countries but only one database. However we
have the network connectivity to support this. As Microsoft are pushing to
deploy Microsoft CRM across the world it would be a logical move to have the
ability to have multiple CRM databases with the ability to report or
replicate to a master database.

"Steve C" <ukfb@thedoghousemail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I'm investrigating CRM packages and the environment I'm looking at is
> having two or three instllations (one in US, one in Canada and
> possibly one in France). The data needs to be shared to a degree (if
> possible) and one option I want to consider is MS SQL server
> replication. Ideally, so the two/three international installations can
> work with the same data, showing local regional settings (US$ Can$ and
> euro).
>
> Network infrastructure means having an installation in one central
> location with the other two accessing the central, shared database
> over the Internet would not be the most appropriate. (Though using the
> Internet for data replication would be OK).
>
> I understand that CRM uses replication to handle synchronization
> between the central db and MDSE based outlook clients for offline
> access. But does this hinder server replication for seperate CRM
> servers?
>
> Any thoughts and ideas welcome?
> S Conchowski

0
John

CRM Callout 11-28-03
Hi I am trying to use Post-Callouts, I did checkout the article referred in one of the previous discussions. I was sucessful in creating the .dll object , but when i try to register I get an error saying "One or more files do not contain components or type libraries. These components cannot be installed. " I am new to COM and would appreciate if any help could be provided. I had one more query regarding the article "http://www.greatplains.com/techknowledge/techknowl edge.asp?id=30228&target=PS" , In this article they mention to add the interface def...

crm 4.0 application exams
I took the CRM 4.0 Applications exams today, but I failed. I didn't expected it to be tricky. Anyone passed this exam? On Jun 3, 11:19=A0am, "Benjamin Fallar III" <bfall...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I took the CRM 4.0 Applications exams today, but I failed. I didn't expect= ed > it to be tricky. Anyone passed this exam? General consensus on the web is it is very difficult and experienced consultants who have worked with CRM for years are getting tripped up by it and the other two new CRM exams. My recommendation is wait for the braindumps. Leon Tribe I'm a...

multiple years in grant management
Please consider expanding the functionality of Grant management to extend beyond the company fiscal year. For instance we have a fiscal year of july to june and we have a few grants that are on a calendar year jan-dec along with grants that follow our fiscal year. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

Printing Sheets to Multiple Destinations
Is there anyway to "program" an Excel workbook to print each sheet to a different printer? Here is my situation: I use a workbook to send daily prices to my customers. The first sheet is my data entry and each sheet following is customly set up to suit the appropriate customer and linked to the data entry sheet. I then click on each sheet and fax to the appropriate customer using WinFax.(each sheet goes to a different fax number) I'm looking for a way to automate my faxing/printing process. Is there a macro or anything that can be added in each sheet of my workbook so it will ...

Closing/ Cancelling multiple POs automatically
Is it possible to close/ cancel multiple POs automatically without having to go to edit PO Status and modifying then processing each PO individually? Is there a SQL query that can be used, is this advisable? anijou Can this be done via the po list in 10.0? patrick dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "anijou" <anijou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A0A0F16-9342-4CD7-BD8D-FDFD9C67652D@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to close/ cancel multiple POs automatically without having > to ...

Combining data (numeric format) in multiple cells into one cell (t
If you have data in multiple cells that is numeric format, can the data be combined into one cell as text? Example. Cell A1 is number of correct answers (9), Cell B1 is number of questions (10). In cell C1, would like to display data as (9-10)? Can a formula be created that will automatically do this so as to eliminate having to type the information? one way: =A1 & "-" & B1 In article <018B8827-4277-4C02-81E1-3BEDB61422A0@microsoft.com>, "GNAC SID" <GNAC SID@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If you have data in multiple cells that is num...

Grouping axis scale multiple charts
I am working on a report in Excel where we compare four models with eachother. Therefore we use four charts which we place next to eachother. The data is filled into the datasheet automatically from access through macro's. The problem is that the scale of the x-axis differs on each chart while we want the same scale on all four charts. Auto-scaling scales each chart individually, so that is not an option as well. The only solution what I can come up with is making a macro that searches for the largest value in the datasheet and then setting the maximum of each axis to that value. T...

CRM 3.0 Install: Specified Reporting Services... was not found
We're not able to install CRM, keep getting a SRS can't be found error. This is a dev environment. One box, 2 Virtual Servers Virtual Server 1 - CRM Virtual Server 2 - SQL and SRS The SQL has 2 instances, we're using the default instance. We can go to the \\reportserver, however, it prompts for credentials. I suspect when when CRM is installing SQL is prompting it for permissions. Anybody have similar issue with SRS? Thanks. SRS is very picky :( and if using SQL 2005 even more diligent about wanting exactly the right permissions.. One way to solve a more complex install...

SRS Directory Replication Connector
Hi, We are in the process of migrating from E5.5 to E2K3 and we had completed a few sites and their last E5.5 servers had been removed. Each site has a SRS running as to continue directory replication with other E5.5 servers. Now we noticed that one of the completed site does not show the "Directory Replication Connector" node when viewing using the Exchange 5.5 Admin program. However, when we view the read-only context of that site from another site, the node is there. We had tried connecting to that site using another Exchange 5.5 Admin program but the node is still mis...

Trendline and multiple data series
I have a scattergraph with four data series. Is there a way of inserting a trendline which covers all four series? Thanks in anticpation Create a helper column that combines all the data series ... Jerry Blackcat wrote: > I have a scattergraph with four data series. Is there a way of inserting a > trendline which covers all four series? > > Thanks in anticpation ...

Repairing multiple broken hyperlinks in Excel Spreadsheet
I have limited knowledge of Excel macro writing etc. but have inherited an Excel spreadsheeet with many hyperlinks to other worksheets on a server. They are performance management sheets for around 35 staff x 12 (months) plus quarterly, six monthly and annual) worksheets. Individual results aggregated to measure team performance etc. Everything working fine, but server is being relocated shortly and links will break. No problem to re-build the links using Find and Replace, but every worksheet is protected so has to be manually unprotected to allow this to happen (Don't they??). ...

Multiple (and I mean MULTIPLE) checkboxes
I've got a spreadsheet that uses a MULTITUDE of checkboxes (around 100 or so) equally spaced out in rows and columns. I need to format the cell link for EACH checkbox so that it links to the cell directly underneath each check box. Do any of you know a quick way to do this other than manually manipulating the "cell link" for each checkbox under "Format Control"? Thanks! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Assuming the checkboxes come from the Forms toolbar, you can use the following macro: Sub SetCellLink() Dim objCheckBox As CheckBox F...

POP email multiple duplicate downloads HELP!
Hi, ISP is SBC Global. I just installed Outlook 2003 yesterday and it keeps downloading ALL the mail I have in the SBC web inbox, even though I"ve marked them as "read" online, multiple times. Duplicate finder [bought and installed] doesn't recognize most of them as dupes. I've done "detect & repair," [got error 1311 source file not found; C:\msocache\allusers\90000409-60000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9\ZS561.CAB. Couldn't find that in my installation disk, either.] SBC says they do not support Outlook 2003 -- "it's too new." Superviso...

Reverse replication
We have tried to replicate public folders between a exchange 2000 and 2003. It failed with the result that couple of folder are replicated, but most of them are not. By some reason jut replicated public folders are available on new (2003) server, and none folders are available for clients on old (2000) server. Is it possible to reverse the process and move them all back to 2000 server, s� that we can move them with help of imap or give replication another try? Sincerelly -- Victor ...

CRM 3.0 Password Request
Hi, I can logon onto the CRM app from a browser after supplying the password to a SERVERNAME\username request. The problem is with Outlook, because this request cannot be satisfied the CRM COM is not running. Does anyone know how I can eliminate the need to supply a password when I connect to the CRM app, I tried to turn on anonymous access but I could not log on at all then just said the logon had failed and did I want to try again. Thanks. We ran into something similar. The CRM server was running on an IP address other than the default IP for the NIC (in other words a second IP was bou...

CRM And Opperating Systems
My company has fully adopted CRM 3.0, we are a manufacturer and equipment sales company. We have customized CRM to meet our needs and are now looking into updating our opperating systems from our current one 'Minitrac' We are looking into GP for Accounting & Manufacturing and a product called Wennsoft for the equipment Management. Conversly we are contemplating Nav for Accounting and Manufacturing and a product called Equipsoft for the equipment Management. Can anyone help point us in the best direction as per your experience with any of these products? Hi Scout, I hav...

charting same cell across multiple tabs
How do you create a chart reference to that it will chart the same cell but across a range of tabs. Example, I have a years worth of tabs on a sheet, MMDDYYY, all with the same format on the sheet. I have a value that is in the same cell on each tab and I want to see the trend over several months, from tab x to tab y. I thought this would be the formula: ='08042003:10142003'!$R$4 But I get the error: reference not valid. Thanks, Ron. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from htt...

CRM not remembering my password
When I access products or other information on the CRM, even though I click on "Remember my password", it still asks me for my password every time. Any suggestions? Try adding the CRM's URL to your Trusted Sites zone in Internet Explorer. Then ensure that the Trusted Sites zone has 'Automatic Login with current user and password' set in the security options. Dave Ireland "Cwis" <Cwis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1374B3B3-5A29-48A9-9327-7A42E6A98555@microsoft.com... > When I access products or other information on the CRM, eve...

Referring to Back End Database
Hi All, I have a split database which has the following VBA macro to compact/repair the back end database: Private Sub Form_Unload(Cancel As Integer) Dim strBackupBackend As String Dim strCurrBackend As String Dim strCurrLockFile As String strCurrBackend = "H:\Data\Doc Tracker Master 00000_be.mdb" strCurrLockFile = "H:\Data\Doc Tracker Master 00000_be.ldb" strBackupBackend = "H:\Data\Doc Tracker Master 00000_be.bak" If Len(Dir(strCurrLockFile)) > 0 Then MsgBox strCurrBackend & " is still in use. " & _ &...

pfmigrate replication question
Hi We're doing a 5.5 to 2003 migration. We currently have 2 5.5 servers and one new 2003 server. We've done a pfmigrate of public and system folders to the new 2003 box. Appeared to work OK. How can we tell when it has finished replicating so that we can remove the first 5.5 box? Cheers Mike There is not necessarily a best way of telling when replication has stopped. The best way of telling if each server contains the same data can be done by looking a) In Exchange 5.5 Administrator navigate to Organization\Site\Configuration\Servers\PF Server Name\Public Information Store\Publ...

Where are functions stored in CRM
I have been manadated to alter an already modified Opportunity form, I will be adding some fields that will be used in some defined calculations. Those calculations are being completed through a function which is placed in the <<On Change>> event. I have to access the function to add the additional values that will be calculated, where would I find it?? -- Thank you for the help!! Richard The OnLoad code can be found in the Form customization access via the Settings menu. You need to open up the Form for the record, then access the properties of the form. -- Matt Parks...

CRM 4.0 on MSDN Downloads
Is there an official date when CRM 4.0 will be released to the MSDN Subscriptions site? It is available today from the general download site. No word yet on when it will make it to the MSDN downloads (or more importantly, when the license keys will be out). -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB0534D9-0FB9-4090-8B8B-CBF428946011@microsoft.com... Is there an official date when CRM 4.0 will be released to the MSDN Subscriptions site? ...

Selecting multiple sheets to print to PDF
Can you see something inherently wrong with this code which is being executed from 1 excel file on another: Workbooks.Open Filename:="c:\File_2.xlsx", UpdateLinks:=3 xlfile_drive = "c\" temp_file_name = "Savename.xlsx" Workbooks("File_2.xlsx").Activate Sheets(Array("Investment Models E", "Open Models E")).Select Sheets("Investment Models E").Activate ActiveSheet.ExportAsFixedFormat Type:=xlTypePDF, Filename:= _ xlfile_drive & temp_file_name _ , Quality:=xlQualityStandard, ...

Selling our CRM Licenses
We have decided to get rid of the Microsoft CRM and go another route. I was curious if anyone was aware of any legal restrictions regarding the sale of the licenses, or if there was a recommended method of selling our licenses to another company who would want them at a discount. Thanks! See section 10 of the EULA. "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A57F3190-0FE8-4CA5-992D-DA1C6FE9F5D8@microsoft.com... > We have decided to get rid of the Microsoft CRM and go another route. I was > curious if anyone was aware of any legal restrictions ...

External Links and Multiple Instances
I am running Excel 2000 on Windows XP Professional. For a long time, I was able to open up files in separate windows and to create links between these files by typing "=" in a cell of the target sheet and then clicking on a cell in the source sheet. I recently installed a second monitor and video card on my computer. Since then, I have been unable to both open multiple instances and create links between those multiple instances. At first I was unable to create multiple instanced. I have managed to create multiple instances in three ways. First, I have gone to options - ge...