Replacing Exchange Server

Hi,

I want to customize the MS CRM functionality  to replace Exchange server by
some other mail server.

For which I am using CRM SDK server side programming.

But I am facing the problem while using "Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll".

It is throwing an exception with the message
"Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll is not intended for direct use, please use
the public SDK".

I have two questions

1. From where I can get the public SDK ? (I have copied the dll from MS CRM
installation CD. But its not working.)

2. Am I following the right approach by using SDK programming for exchange
server replacement or is there any other way for doing it ?

Regards
Atul Sureka

0
Atul
4/6/2006 6:09:28 AM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

It might help if you explained what you are trying to achieve. Are you
trying to implement email tracking on another vendors email server?

=======================
John O'Donnell
Microsoft CRM MVP
http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm

"Atul Sureka" <atul_sureka@persistent.co.in> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I want to customize the MS CRM functionality  to replace Exchange server
> by some other mail server.
>
> For which I am using CRM SDK server side programming.
>
> But I am facing the problem while using
> "Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll".
>
> It is throwing an exception with the message
> "Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll is not intended for direct use, please
> use the public SDK".
>
> I have two questions
>
> 1. From where I can get the public SDK ? (I have copied the dll from MS
> CRM installation CD. But its not working.)
>
> 2. Am I following the right approach by using SDK programming for exchange
> server replacement or is there any other way for doing it ?
>

> Regards
> Atul Sureka

0
John
4/7/2006 4:46:53 AM
Currently MS CRM uses exchange server for email integration with CRM system.
I want to replace exchange server with some other vendor email server for
email tracking.

Regards
Atul Sureka

"John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in
message news:eR6zWHgWGHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> It might help if you explained what you are trying to achieve. Are you
> trying to implement email tracking on another vendors email server?
>

> =======================
> John O'Donnell
> Microsoft CRM MVP
> http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm
>

> "Atul Sureka" <atul_sureka@persistent.co.in> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to customize the MS CRM functionality  to replace Exchange server
>> by some other mail server.
>>
>> For which I am using CRM SDK server side programming.
>>
>> But I am facing the problem while using
>> "Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll".
>>
>> It is throwing an exception with the message
>> "Microsoft.crm.platform.proxy.dll is not intended for direct use, please
>> use the public SDK".
>>
>> I have two questions
>>
>> 1. From where I can get the public SDK ? (I have copied the dll from MS
>> CRM installation CD. But its not working.)
>>
>> 2. Am I following the right approach by using SDK programming for
>> exchange server replacement or is there any other way for doing it ?
>>

>> Regards
>> Atul Sureka

0
Atul