Replacing 10 User Licence with 100 User Licence in CRM Pro 3.0

Hi there.

We would like to replace the 10  User licence with the 100 user licence PID
that we recently received.

How do I remove the 10 user licence?

- Nick.
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi Nick

If you are referring to the 10 user MSDN licence then I had the same issue
when I finally recieved our 'real' licenses.  If I tried to add the nes
licence through Deployment Manager I got the error that 'A server Licence
already exists'.  I opened a ticket with MS and was told that the only way
was to uninstall, and then re-install attaching to exisiting databases.
Sounded daunting but it actually only took 20 minutes and went swimmingly.

Unless anyone else can give any other suggestions then I'm afraid that it
seems to be the only course of action available.

Cozy

"Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi there.
>
> We would like to replace the 10  User licence with the 100 user licence
PID
> that we recently received.
>
> How do I remove the 10 user licence?
>
> - Nick.

0
Cozy

multiple calendars 01-13-10
I have 2 calendars. How do I overlay the calendars and print a composite? How do I move all data from 1 calendar into the other so that I can delete the 2nd calendar? Can you tell us your version as the functionality varies between versions. To get you started copying from one folder to another... open the Calendar you want to empty | view in By Category view | select all | drag to the destination Calendar and release. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implemen...

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Adding Word Templates in CRM 3.0
Hello all, Our company recently upgraded to 3.0 from 1.2. In 1.2, there was button where I could add Word doc templates to use as contract templates. I am unable to locate this functionality in 3.0. Any directions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Hi Marcos, I guess you were using some third party addon in CRM 1.2 which is not updated for CRM 3. -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP CRM Freelance Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan "Marcos" wrote: > Hel...

Consolidate 02-05-10
I have a list of over 2400 names in column A as firstnamelastname They need to be turned into email addresses w/ the same domain name. How do I do this? Basically I need to turn into firstnamelastname@domainname.com Thanks in Advance if this is idea looking for, without modifyiing A, in a new column: =A9&"@email.com" not sure if need to alter the name in email address, else repost with desired output and I will look at. "bobby769" wrote: > I have a list of over 2400 names in column A as > firstnamelastname > They need to be turned ...

Q: Vc6.0 doesn't re-compile source automatically
With Vc6.0, if source or resource is modified, it doesn't re-compile the changed file. the output exe file is older version. Only after switching between debug and release, the modified result is showed in the exe file. I have tried several other project and reinstall vc, the problem above occurs only in this project. I guess this project setting is error. may anyone offer suggestion on this? Best Regards, lomas I would begin with recompiling all. It should clean all files from Debug/Release folders. It should work automatically the way you want it. --- Ajay "lomas" <...

3.0 Mail Merge
Is anyone experiencing this issue post upgrade to 3.0.....? When attempting to Print Quote for Customer in Outlook, we select the quote template, then Microsoft Word opens. From here the mail merge functions would begin. However, the mail merge toolbar is grayed out and we cannot merge to new document. We can't do anything. Is the process for Print Quote for Customer different in CRM 3.0? Or is this an issue? If so, can anyone provide assistance on this. Thank you! Cayla Will the templates we had set up to use in CRM 1.2 (for mail merging) still function in 3.0? Or are there ...

Resizing controls #3
I'm trying to preserve the location and size of a CWnd object usually CBitmap. There are functions that inadvertantly change the size of the object and I need to restore that original size without messing up the location of the control. All the code I've tried to write to fix this issue has not worked but screwed up the location and preserved the size at best. Is there an algorithm that will address this issue? Ideally I'd like a CRect object saved with the coordinates with respect to the main window and the ability to set those coordinates at some later time. jeremyje@gmail.co...

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

How do I protect my comments from being edited by another user?
I regularly send excel worksheets to a co-worker via e-mail and then she sends it out to others within the company (sales force). There are occasions when she will need to revise it and send it back to me. How do I protect my comments so that they cannot be edited, or can I? I received a worksheet back today that the comments I had entered were changed. These comments are my back-up and I do not want them changed. Can anybody help? highlight the whole sheet format cells / protection / uncheck locked highlight the cells you want protected format cells / protection / check locked tool...

Linking CRM references when creating Workflow Activities
I have created a Workflow Process that creates a followup phone call and letter whenever a CRM Opportunity status changes from "Qualify" to "Quote". For the Activity Name/ Subject I would like to reference the Opportunity Topic (Name). Is there an easy way of doing this? NOTE: For the Opportunity Topic we are using the estimate number. ...

2007 user levels
I only have a limited knowledge but have previously developed a number of relational databases using Access that have worked very well. If user level access has been removed in 2007 how do i stop some users accessing confidential data, while still allowing them to use other parts of the database. The data base will run on a simple pier to pier network, with one machine holding data and Access installed on all machines, so do not have MS Server. please help Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA03658D-236C-47BC-9F09-FC91674862D0@microsof...

3 instances of outlook in task manager
XP pro box office2000 with all the latest service packs. Outlook disappears and appears to be closed but three instances are running in task manager Stop top outlook.exe process and the other two open. Help ...

CRM v3
A few days ago, we installed the Outlook Laptop Client and it would not Going Offline. The application can hang for hours. We found later that MSXML was not installed. We uninstalled the Laptop client, installed MSXML, reinstalled the Laptop client, and the Go Offline worked. Now, this occurs on other installed machines even after MSXML was explicitly installed. The initial machine that worked just had the Laptop reinstalled as a different user. Now this installation will not GoOffline. - this implies that the issue may be User Profile or permissions. However, all the laptop client...

Inventory Cost Transfers in PA 8.0
Hi all, When I try to create an inventory transfer document in the Returns from Project Entry screen in Project Accounting 8.0, it seems to go well until I close the window, at which point I get the error : "This posting setting has been deleted". I've tried progresingon and applying the document, but when I do this I get another error: "You can't choose this document because it is part of a recovered batch or is still in the process of posting" There are no batches in Batch recovery, and it seems to have posted through to the GL account. I can't find anythi...

Windows 2008
Hi, I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to access the c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can access the folder? Thank you, "Jack Black" <gwklocker01@gmail.com> said this in news item news:60b578d9-ce73-4ab8-851b-9039ea6cfee5@n16g2000yqm.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am an admin in windows 2008 server. However, I am not able to > access the > c:\Users\<user name>\Local Settings\History > > Anyone knows how to change the settings so I can...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

VISIO PRO 2003
Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with Windows NT. Thanks. Microsoft Office Visio 2003 versions work with Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows 2003 only. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "EMZ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28dc01c3e1bc$abba4b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Would someone tell me if VISIO PRO 2003 would work with > Windows NT. > Thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_828BD422 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding...

Not Receiving Mail 03-28-10
I'm not receiving any messages, except TEST messages I send to my self. Just loaded Windows 7 (clean) a couple of weeks ago. Migrated all of my old stuff from Windows Mail (Vista). I've tried everything, including turning off email filtering. Only one email account and it is POP3. Can something be corrupted? If you receive test messages you send to yourself, then your Windows = Live=20 Mail is working normally. Who is your provider? If you go to the = provider's webmail site, do you see messages there that failed to download? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft...

conditional format #3
Fra: "Niels B�ge Egstrand" <nbenospam@djoef.dk> Emne: Re: Condition Formatting! Dato: 2. november 2004 11:55 is it possibel to opperate with 9 different collors in conditional format ? No, you get up to 3 formats under conditional formatting (plus the normal format). If you need more formats, you could use some event macro. "Niels B�ge Egstrand" wrote: > > Fra: "Niels B�ge Egstrand" <nbenospam@djoef.dk> > Emne: Re: Condition Formatting! > Dato: 2. november 2004 11:55 > > is it possibel to opperate with 9 different collors in...

Sharing Outlook 2003 #3
My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free ways to synchronise the two? R.Daneel Olivaw wrote: || My wife an I both have Outlook 2003 on our computers. We are on a || home network and have no central exchange server. Are there any free || ways to synchronise the two? WARNING: This is unsupported by Microsoft. You MUST take frequent backups of your pst file. On the one machine, move the pst file to a shared folder. Point Outlook on that machine to that location. On the second machine, either mov...

Outlook SLow #3
ANyone know why Outlook constantly freezes for about 10 seconds at random times? Will service pack 1 fix this?? >-----Original Message----- >ANyone know why Outlook constantly freezes for about 10 >seconds at random times? Will service pack 1 fix this?? >. >believe it or not, spyware may be causing the problem. Try running a program to delete any spyware on the system. This may be one reason. ...

I E 7 Browser 06-21-10
I am experiencing a problem with IE 7 when I open the browser. The browser closes 3 times and then on the 4th try it stays open. I would truly appreciate any help with this problem. On 06/21/2010 04:57 PM, worf49 wrote: > I am experiencing a problem with IE 7 when I open the browser. > > The browser closes 3 times and then on the 4th try it stays open. > > I would truly appreciate any help with this problem. try disabling add ons http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/disableie7addon.htm ...

Service Pack 3 Fix??
Does anybody know when/if there is going to be a fix for all of the issues for that Service Pack 3 brought upon us? On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 08:25:01 -0700, Craig <Craig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does anybody know when/if there is going to be a fix for all of the issues >for that Service Pack 3 brought upon us? We're waiting... with various degrees of impatience and annoyance. I've heard nothing official. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Upcoming CRM event?
CRM v1.2 will be out later on, is there any CRM presentation coming up later on before CRM is on the market? (Hosted by Microsoft) Thanks. ...

List all users with Send AS rights
Hello All, I need to find a utility or script that will show all users who have the Send AS right enabled. I have looked at the script in Microsoft KB Article 912918 and it list all users who have full mailbox rights but do not have Send AS rights. What I need is to list only the users who do have Send AS rights. Is there anyhting that will tell me who has Send AS rights? -- RS MCSE, MCP +I MCP See if this helps. Auditing Send-as and Receive As rights via script http://gsexdev.blogspot.com/2005/12/auditing-send-as-and-receive-as-rights.html James Chong Rschraeger wrote: > Hel...