Rename crm server

Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I
rename  computer name of crm server? Thanks a lot
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Renaming your crm server (stand alone CRM server) should be ok.  Besure to
update the DNS and any network settings in your environment depending on the
previous server name.

Your Outlook and Web client also needs to be updated.

Worst case scenaro - uninstall/reinstall CRM server keeping existing database.

Frank Lee
Workopia, Inc.
www.workopia.com

"Fanda Koudel" wrote:

> Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I
> rename  computer name of crm server? Thanks a lot
And also make sure that ur SQL Server is Default Instance not named one

Regards,

Ayaz Ahmad
Sr. Software Engineer

"Frank Lee" wrote:

> Renaming your crm server (stand alone CRM server) should be ok.  Besure to
> update the DNS and any network settings in your environment depending on the
> previous server name.
>
> Your Outlook and Web client also needs to be updated.
>
> Worst case scenaro - uninstall/reinstall CRM server keeping existing database.
>
> Frank Lee
> Workopia, Inc.
> www.workopia.com
>
> "Fanda Koudel" wrote:
>
> > Hello, I have one little question. Is there some problems with crm when I
> > rename  computer name of crm server? Thanks a lot

VPN, Exchange Server, Palm hotsync
My Toshiba 3500 was successfully synchronizing Outlook over a VPN to my Exchange Server until I installed the Palm Pilot m505 synchronization software. After this, I could not connect over the VPN to synchronize Outlook. This was a problem that showed up in Outlook, not in the Palm software itself. However, the problem started when I installed the Palm software and stopped when I removed it. Any idea what the heck is going on? John Have you checked with the Palm support forums or online help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

old Exchange Server remains site folder server
Hello, I am trying to replace an old exchange 2000 server with a new 2003 server. I have moved all the mailboxes, public folders and system folders as per the KB article regarding 'removing the first exchange 2000 server in a site.' However, the old Exchange 2000 server is still showing up as the site folder server in AD. I have not uninstalled Exchange from the old server yet - will the site folder server role be automatically reassigned at that time or will I have to manually edit the AD with ADSI Edit and put the DN of my new Exchange server in there to change this role? Also, am ...

URGENT: Excel files renamed to HEX
For the last few days, some users are getting Excel files saved as a "random" extensionless HEX named file - e.g. 40120100 - and the original file name is lost. We have not been notified of any warnings or errors given to the end user. Users are running WindowsXPsp2, OfficeXPsp3. Server is Windows2003 server running DFS/FRS. Antivirus for both server and client is McAfee VirusScan 8 - engine 4400, dat 4460. Can't find anything in event logs. This error *may* have started when users DFS referral was directed from Server A to Server B. However, servers are both W2K3 with sa...

Interested in Microsoft CRM
My company is a Financial Services company that is interested in implementing MS CRM. This would initially be done for the Investment Advisory portion of our business and later implemented for the rest of the organization. Are there any MS CRM customers/clients in the Investment Advisory business that can comment on their deployment of MS CRM and there overall experience as far as usage of this solution? Also, can you comment on whether the solution was useful without customization or was there customization to the product. If there was customization, then how much (% amount) and wh...

Track in CRM Button
For some users, the track in crm button does not appear when they try to setup calendar appt using outlook. We did install on clean machine for one user experiencing this and the crm button does not appear. Our enviromentL 1. Outlook 2007 2. IE 2007 3. CRM 3.0 with Rollup Update 2 also looked at the following hotfix http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939175/en-us which only applies to Outlook 2003. Are there any other hot fixes that may apply to Outlook 2007? Thanks. ...

Exchange GAL in CRM
Is there an easy way to import the Exchnge Gal into CRM Contacts? ...

CRM HTTP Error 401.1 IIS
Hei, I installed CRM on the Windows Server 2003 on three box for 100 users. All users registred in the CRM Server and working on the clients. A: 1 for Active Directory Domain controler (ADSRV) B: 1 for SQL 2000 + CRM Server ver 1.2 (CRMSRV) C: 1 for Exchange Server 2003 (EXSRV) i have one problem that when i type http://crmwebsite on the CRMSRV then i get "HTTP Error 401.1, Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials. Internet Information Services (IIS)". When i try it on the ADSRV then it works well. It is also working well on the client c...

CRM 4.0 DESKTOP client for Outlook don't load all options (?)
Today I found some problem in CRM Desktop Outlook client...when I try to create e-mail quick campaign I did't find option "e-mail via mail merge" and the same option for list. In CRM menu (in Outlook) under Otions I didn't found "synchronization" tab. After restart Outlook for few hours all was ok, but after I observed the same situation, restart and all is ok... Is some solution of this problem... ...

MS CRM 3.0 Customer Case Problem
Dear CRM Experts, I have a problem with MS CRM 3.0: I want to create a web based form in our company website that customers create their Cases (tickets) by it and we (I and my Tech. staff) response to them (Ticketing system). It seems for security reasons we shouldn’t allow CRM browsing outside of our Internal Network (Intranet). Please help me how can present solution for this problem. Best Regards, Mohsen Ahmadi You have a couple of options. There are third-party apps that will let you integrate CRM with your website, but with 3.0 you would probably need to purchase the External C...

How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0
How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" Hi Ken, The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again. "Ken Florian" wrote: > How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" ...

CRM 1.2
I am going to move the CRM SQL databases to a new server. We will also be moving Great Plains off the CRM server and on to the new SQL server. We are bouncing around the idea of naming the new SQL server to the name that the current CRM server uses and renaming the current CRM server. The thinking here is that we won't have to touch the Great Plains clients. What kinds of issues can I expect in this scenario? I believe that CRM "might" make us of the SID in which case I would need to use SysPrep to create the new one? I wouldn't think that this is that unusal of a proje...

Outlook vs. webaccess crm 4.0
Hi 1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser? 2) What are most common ? thanks for any feedback... It's true you can do everything on the web version or the Outlook version. The biggest feature of CRM is the fact you can everything inside of Outlook and not have to go a different application. Outlook: 1 - Easier concept for end users (especially Sales folk) to grasp. "you don't need to learn a new application - it's ju...

Error while import BCM Database into CRM 3.0
I am trying to import BCM Database into CRM 3.0 When I run " Data Migration for Microsoft Outlook Business Contact Manager" wizard I get an unexpected error. Can someone help ? thanks Here is the Log: 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Transitioning to next screen. From: Welcome screen. To: PreconditionCheck screen. 8/21/2007 5:15:38 PM------>Connecting to Microsoft CRM Shamir_Systems_MSCRM 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Checking that Microsoft CRM Data Migration Pack is installed: Success 8/21/2007 5:15:39 PM------>Establishing connection to CDF database: Success 8/21/2007 5:1...

NNTP Server Setup
I have setup NNTP services using Exchange System Manager, and can access, post and read those posts. However, I have a few questions which I have not been able to find answers for via Google, the MS knowledge base, or this forum. 1. Is there a way to hide the "control.*" groups from users? 2. Is there a way to (securly) allow a user to edit/delete their own posts? (default permissions on the Public Folders folder are setup to allow edit/delete for the owner of a post) TIA for any help I can get on this. If there is a good reference, please provide a pointer. ...

Server side attachment blocking?
Does exchange 2003 include server side attachment blocking? I had thought it was configurable natively without any add-on software, but seem to be unable to find such a control, nor any documentation about it on the MS sites. Thanks in advance, Chris no you are able to check the RBL (Relay Blacklists) with exchange 2003 as far as i am aware. you would have to use something like GFI Mail Security. Simon "Chris King" <cking@whitneyhakws.com> wrote in message news:Oai%23hTK9DHA.548@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Does exchange 2003 include server side attachment blocking? I ha...

RPC over HTTPS on one server?
Hi! I want to install all only on one server: - Windows 2003 Active Directory - Exchange 2003 The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 services. Which steps must I follow for installation? Any good links about it? Best Regards On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:13:02 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I want to install all only on one server: >- Windows 2003 Active Directory >- Exchange 2003 > >The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 >services. > >Which steps mus...

Installing CRM on 2003 Web Edition
Has anyone installed CRM 1.2 on Windows Server 2003 Web Edition. The implementation guide is says it is a supported OS, I am planning on attaching WS03 Web Edition to an SBS 2003 server. I know that the supported configuration has everything on the single SBS box, but I would much rather put some things on other boxes. I am also planning on putting SQL Server on its own box as well. Any comments on this configuration? thanks, Geoff Hi, Beware that SQL Server cannot be installed on a Web Server edition ! -- Olivier Schmitt Microsoft Business Solutions Support Ce message est fourni...

SBS/Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise Server
Dear Newsgroup, on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry Enterprise Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem. Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving, Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly. I have been set the security policies of the related users, the server however "forgets" these settings within half an hour. The settings made by me are the following: 1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access 2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x...

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

Creating opportunity using CRM api
Looking for an example of how to load the crm api to create an opportunity using C#. I'm way new to this and have downloaded the CRM 3.0 sdk but not sure how I access the information it contains. What I'm hoping to find is an example of creating an opportunity with just the necessary information so I can build on it from there. I appreciate any help! Hi Jeffa When you install the SDk you will notice there is a help file in the installed directory of the SDK, I think it is crmsdk3_0.chm Open the helpfile and search for create, there are lots of examples let me know if you get s...

Crystal Reports 9.2.3 and CRM
Hi, I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Version 9.2.3. I know the recommanded version is 9.2.2 but was just wondering if somebody successfully worked with 9.2.3/CRM Thanks Eric I have used a version line 9.2.4 so I would assume yes it will work. Only way to be sure is to try it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Eric" <NOSPAMerich742001@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:%23GB4wV9SFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Ve...

Moving CRM
Hi All. I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS 2003 Server. If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and then restore it on the new server? Since I have only been using the default reports, shouldn't everything be fine??? THanks! Jake, You shouldn't need to migrate the reports. But, are you using the redeployment tool for this? If so, then there may be some reasons that this introduces that make it a requirement. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------...

CRM 3.0 Mobile for Cingular 8525 (HTC Hermes)
I was just looking at the minimum requirements for CRM 3.0 Mobile and I see only the Texas Instruments and Intel processors listed. The 8525 uses a Samsung 400MHz processor. Is there a plan in place to test and release on this platform? The Intel processors usually mean Xscale processors or ARM processors. The Samsung chip is almost certainly a repacked ARM processor so should work. ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "captbackfire" <captbackfire@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A818737C-44F3-4...

Slow acces CRM 3.0
Hi, We have a problem, our CRM goes slow. There are 10 active users using CRM with web browse, and sometimes Outlook client. Our server is a Compaq Proliant with 2 processor Xeon and 2 Gb of RAM. We installed CRM SBS, exchange, sql server in the same server. We accomplish all recommended requierements says by Microsoft but when I go to open an account it's delay about 10 seconds. Why?? thanks in advance I have recently come accross a client that forgot to turn of the tracing in CRM, and this was causing a lot of delays, and the type of wait time's that you describe. Could it...

Thai collation in SQL for MS CRM 1.2
A number of our Partners have been requesting for double-byte characters such as Chinese, Japanese and Thai languages to be recognized by MS CRM 1.2. Most of their clients have this included in their business requirement. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....