Removing excess CRM servers

Hi all,

One of our development crew installed CRM on a development box in the same
domain and using the same key and same SQL server as our production system.
Now I have two CRM servers in the server manager, the production server
active and the test version disabled. How do I remove the test server from
the CRM server manager?

David
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Hi David,

you can install as many MSCRM server against one SQL server as you
want.(Keep in mind the licences agreement). This should work. To solve your
problem now, you should uninstall the CRM server from the development box.
Otherwise all changes at the MSCRM "test" server is directly saved on the
SQL machine and will influence the live system.

--
Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps.

Freundliche Gr�sse,
Alfred G�bel (MS)

(Microsoft kann f�r die Richtigkeit und Vollst�ndigkeit der Inhalte in
dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung �bernehmen.)

"David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi all,
>
> One of our development crew installed CRM on a development box in the same
> domain and using the same key and same SQL server as our production
> system.
> Now I have two CRM servers in the server manager, the production server
> active and the test version disabled. How do I remove the test server from
> the CRM server manager?
>
> David

0
Alfred
9/27/2005 12:49:55 PM
Thankyou Alfred, I will give it a shot.

"Alfred Göbel (MS)" wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> you can install as many MSCRM server against one SQL server as you
> want.(Keep in mind the licences agreement). This should work. To solve your
> problem now, you should uninstall the CRM server from the development box.
> Otherwise all changes at the MSCRM "test" server is directly saved on the
> SQL machine and will influence the live system.
>
> --
> Ich hoffe, das hilft / I hope, this helps.
>
> Freundliche Grüsse,
> Alfred Göbel (MS)
>
> (Microsoft kann für die Richtigkeit und Vollständigkeit der Inhalte in
> dieser Newsgroup keine Haftung übernehmen.)
>
> "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > Hi all,
> >
> > One of our development crew installed CRM on a development box in the same
> > domain and using the same key and same SQL server as our production
> > system.
> > Now I have two CRM servers in the server manager, the production server
> > active and the test version disabled. How do I remove the test server from
> > the CRM server manager?
> >
> > David

Ex5.5 InterOrg ADC... after removing it.
Hi, A while back I did a mailbox move upgrade from 5.5 to Ex2000 in the same Org. Then I removed the 5.5 server (1st in the Org) and all the CAs but left the ADC program on the 2000 server. Now I've been given another 5.5 server to integrate. This one is.in a different Org and is just used for Calendars and Public Folders, with pretty extensive ACLs. My question is if I can still use the ADC to add an interorg CA: 1 - to move mailboxes to the 2000 serer; 2 - to move the PFs and ACLs to the 2000 server? The 2000 server is still in mixed mode. The Windows user AD accounts have already be...

CRM 4 Outlook Client Toolbar\folders not loading
I have one user that I have installed\uninstalled a number of times and Outlook does not connect to the server. The user has Outlook 2003 and XP SP3. I do not see the CRM icon in the taskbar like other computers. Thre is a CRM folder at the bottom of the Mail Folders with only deleted items. I have removed the crmaddin.dll and readded numerous times. I have run diagnostics and the only thing that shows up is that CRM was configured nder a different profile. I checked and see that there is only 1 Outlook profile. I am installing as the user (local admin) whose machine it is. I have insta...

OE Removed Access to Unsafe Attachment
Lately I've been receiving emails with their attachments deleted. There is an error message at the top of these emails that reads "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: <displays filename(s) here>". In most cases, these emails are from trusted senders and I do not wish to have the attachments deleted. Does anyone know a fix for this problem? Jill, I don't know how to fix it but if you press forward you should have access to the attachment. That is the only way so far that I can get to the attachment. Roger >-----Original M...

Changing newsgroup servers...how?
I have been trying without success to access news groups on news.individual.net... but I keep getting an error message Outlook express was unable to switch to newsgroup***** on the server news.individual.net. 480 Authentication required Configuration Account. news.individual.net Server news.individual.net Any suggestions please Andy The news server requires you to supply a userid and password in order to access it. Did you configure the account properties correctly? "laroffie" <laroffie@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cfo5v7$f1b$1@news-reader1.wanadoo.fr... &g...

How to specify DSaccess in exchange server 2003 ?
Here we have 3 DC in the domain. I want to configurate my exchange 2003 to always access DC1, any body knows how to set it ? Thanks. Hi, when you go to the properties of the Exchange Server in Exchange System Manager, you can access the Directory Access Tab. You will see all servers listed there, you cannot uncheck the automatically discover. But if you select next to Show the Configuration Domain Controller, or any other item in the list, you can manually set your preferred server. But, be careful if you specify one specific DC, he won't fall back to another one if this one fail...

crm 3.0
We put item serial numbers in the Invoice Products and print them on the Invoices. I would like to be able to view and search ALL Invoice Products to find them based on the Serial Numbers. Product Invoice [x] box is disabled in customize entity. How can I change this to enable so that the entities can easily be part of the Services menu? Our system is highly customized so I will accept any ideas or suggestions. ...

Deploying Macros with Exchange Server 5.5
Ok, now that I have my macro written, I need to deploy it to about 60 workstations without having to go to each one. I am running Exchange Server 5.5. Any ideas? Thanks! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Does anyone know where the vba code in outlook is actually stored on th hard drive? Maybe we could just copy the code to all of th computers.. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and ...

Organize
I've used the Organize Wizard to sort emails from specific people into specific subfolders within the Inbox. Prior to discovering the Wizard I was manually specifying where an email I had received should go in the future. I think some of these attributes still remain on 1 or more addresses as when I receive an email from a specific person a copy goes to 3 different locations! 1 to the Inbox, one to a subfolder within Inbox (this is the correct one), and one to a subfolder within Sent Items (a mistake I had made earlier on). Can anyone explain how to remove attributes from all incoming em...

CRM 3.0 VPC May 2006 Extended Edition
hI am trying to load the VPC Image of CRM 3.0 May 2006 Extended Edition - I download the files - click on the zip file - shows crm.vhd - click on this and then winzip keeps asking for location of file 1 ----- what am I doing wrong or what am I missing? I select a folder and click ok but it keeps asking this -- Thanks in advance for any/all help. ...

CRM customization query
Hi, I have a customization query, I want to see the number of records available before I am getting the data for reports. I need this because, I want to generate a report by applying some filter criteria but at the same time I want the resultant record number below a specific limit. On the advance find, after I am applying the filters we get hte resultant data by clicking on the Find button. This takes us to the page where we can see the data. Now I want to add a new button on the Advance find screen on click of which I can get the record count of the result set for the filter i have ...

Salesprocess not running after migration from CRM 3.0
Hi, We are trying to perform a test migration from 3.0 to 4.0. The migration goes OK, but after the migration all the sales process workflows have an error. The wfl's have the status "waiting", which is OK, because they are all waiting for an earlier created activity to reach the status "completed". Already found some info on an issue where workflow problems could occur when the website points to an IP adress in IIS, so changed that to "All unassigned". This didn't make any difference. After turning on tracing the tracefile for the AsyncService ther...

Remove the last 5.5 server in the org
Hi I'm trying to remove the last 5.5 server following the KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822450 but I cannot connect to the 2003 server using the 5.5 admin program. I get the following error "A Connection could not be made to the Exchange Server" Microsoft Exchange Directory ID no: DS_E_COMMUNICATIONS_PROBLEMS I'm at a loss as to how I can now go about removing 5.5 and changing from mixed to native mode Any help greatly appreciated Thanks Marcus Marcus, I have experienced the same error our Exchange 5.5 server, your situation is quite diffre...

pop3 server
whenever i open windows mail it asks me to verify my pop3 username and password. when i do and click ok, the request box just goes off and comes back on again with the same request. i have checked with my ISP and i am using the right details, any help? No replies needed, my ISP is USELESS and have now given me the CORRECT info!! "rh4487" wrote: > whenever i open windows mail it asks me to verify my pop3 username and > password. when i do and click ok, the request box just goes off and comes > back on again with the same request. i have checked with my ISP ...

Migrate Sun mail server to Exchange 2k3
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a tool for Migrating mailbox on sun mail server(netscape) to = Exchange 2003? Or, could you give me any experiences on this point, thank you for your = any inputs. Owen 2006.4.24 ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C66782.59BB62E0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> &...

rpc server not available by re-associating mailbox account
hi i have an exchange 2003 in a windows 2003 child domain. we have a branch office, it had windows NT4 and now it was upgraded from NT to windows 2003 als child domain in our forest (now trust between our domains) Before this,we create account and mailbox for people of this domain in our Domain (no trust betwen us) in order to use Exchange (dual account ,one by us to have an mailbxo with it and one local in their domain) Now i dont need anymore to have this and i want to associate the local AD-account instead of the account we created in our domain with the mailbox. so i thougt follow...

how to restore links automatically after server migration?
We plan to migrate from Novell to Windows Server 2003, using new directory structures. The problem is : we have more than 1000 spreadsheets which are linked to other spreadsheets, and after the migration all the links will be broken because of the new locations. Is there a tool or a trick to restore these links quicker than opening all the sheets and correct the links by hand one-by-one? I could produce a table containing the name of the sheet, old location, new location, but then ?... Any help is highly appreciated! Sabine ...

IIS/DNS Requirements for CRM 3.0 SBE?
I read my previous posting and throught rewording might make it easier to understand my question. The SBS 2003 server I am installing CRM onto has 3 IP addresses bound to it. 192.168.200.1-3 I am trying to install CRM using the .3 address and applying a specific host URL to it. For instance the .1 address is server.domain.local, the .2 address is app.domain.local, and I would like to use .3 as crm.domain.local. <A Records> for each host have been entered in DNS. The configuration wizard that appears after the initial install defaults to http://192.168.1.3:80 on the final screen ...

A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send q
How can I get around this, I tried force connection, didn't work? Meanwhile store.ex is holding up lots of memory and the main drive is running out of space. Could any of these event create this problem? I just can't explain why some sites recieve our mails and some don't. Thanks - Check outbound smtp connectivity - Check DNS name resolution (if you're not using smarthost) - Are messages in the q for a particular domain? Is that domain valid/resolvable? - Restart smtp svc & routing engine svc - Check event log for any errors. Bump up Diagnostics Logging on MSExchange...

Recover mailbox store to a standby Exchange 2000 server
Can I recover mailbox stores to a standby (non production) server?? Is there is any article i can follow?? Both sorce and destination servers are Win2K and E2K EE Post SP3. On Sun, 7 Jan 2007 04:10:01 -0800, Feras Mustafa <FerasMustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can I recover mailbox stores to a standby (non production) server?? Is there >is any article i can follow?? Both sorce and destination servers are Win2K >and E2K EE Post SP3. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&familyid=6e55dd49-8a6c-4f30-947e-bde95917f585 ...

Valid patch installer, cannot start or remove outlook
Outlook 2003 Windows xp Home When I try to run Outlook it tells me there is a problem and i need to restart or reinstall. When I try to remove OUtlook via the Control panel i get an error that i need to contact my vendor to see if this is a valid windows installer package. If I try to run setup from the cd I get the same error. I ran OFFCLN.exe on the cd to try and remove outlook. I get the same error. The same thing is also happening to my installation of Frontpage 2003. What else can i do? Or should I just brew a pot of coffe and reformat the HDD? I appreciate any help ...

Removing at item using qsrules
I am trying to remove an item that is on the pos store operations screen. I am using the following code and it is giving me a "Type mismatch" error: Dim objDeleted As Object Set objDeleted = Session.Transaction.Entries.Remove(Session.Transaction.Entries(1)) I have also tried to define objDeleted as a transactionentry & transactionentires and take off the "Set" and I get "Object variable or With block variable not set" error. Has anyone been successful in removing an item and if so could you provide the code snippit? Thanks, Robert -- rshuptrine armsys ...

Moving between Exchange servers, meeting organizers
We're having an issue moving a client to our hosted Exchange offering. In order to migrate them from their current Exchange provider we're exporting their Mailboxes to PST and then importing them to their new Exchange mailbox on our system. This works fine for most things except for events/meetings they've created with attendees, Outlook does not seem to recognize them as the owner of any of these events. Researching online about this hasn't yielded much other than an assumption on my part that the ownership of these events is not something exported to PST more th...

Routing to a server via IP in 2003
We are in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to an Exchange 2003 system. In the 5.5 server, we were routing SMTP traffic for another group on our network to the fixed IP of thier smtp server. In 5.5, the configuration was in Internet Mail Connection properties, under the Connections tab, and you had to click on the Specify by Email Domain button and manually add the domain and the IP address. How would I approach it in 2003? Jackie On 11 May 2006 15:40:32 -0700, "JD" <jackie.dunning@gmail.com> wrote: >We are in the process of migrating from Exchange 5.5 to an ...

Outlook Client with 2nd email
We have CRM 3.0 deployed, with the Exchange router running and rules deployed. The router seems to be working correctly on my exchange email, only sending those emails to CRM that have the CRM tag. However, I also have a Yahoo POP email delivering mail to my inbox, and the Server side Outlook rule sends every Yahoo mail I receive to the CRM Router mailbox? Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any idea how to modify the settings to keep this from happening? That's by design in 3.0, all inbound email to a CRM users mailbox is copied to the router mailbox. Ian "Msullivan&...

allowing anonymous access in SMTP server
Hello: I think this is a dumb question, so I am mainly looking to find out if there is anyway to make it less dangerous. I installed Exchange 2003 yesterday to let Sharepoint send out alerts using Exchange. It works OK, but it will not send out messages to external addresses (i.e. not in my domain). The doc for Sharepoint says: "you must configure the SMTP server to allow anonymous access and to allow e-mail messages to be relayed". Now, I don't know much about Exchange 2003, but I can guess that this is a security exposure. First question: Is this true? Second question: Is...