Removing all money attributes from entity causes troubles

Hi,

  I've come accross very weird behavior of CRM 4.0.

I have a entity created with some money attributes on it. Later on we
discovered that decimal attributes will suite us better so I removed all the
money attributes (and created decimal attributes with the same names).

CRM now can't create new entities throwing exceptions like this:

Web Service Plug-in failed in OrganizationId: {Guid};
SdkMessageProcessingStepId: {Guid}; EntityName: new_testentity; Stage: 20;
MessageName: Create; AssemblyName:
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.MultiCurrencyPlugin, Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel,
Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35; ClassName:
Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel.MultiCurrencyPlugin; Exception: Unhandled
Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an
instance of an object.

I suppose this is a bug. Is it?

Known workaround: Create at least one money-typed attribute on the entity.
0
djkveton (1)
2/21/2008 3:26:07 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

Money #28
I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to down load my bank statement. I keep getting an error message C:\window\tempoary Internet file\content.IE5 \4B7FYG9T\history(1).QFX is corrupt or is not a MNY. extension. How can I fix this? Money does not import the QFX file format. Does your bank offer OFX or QIF? Try one of those. "Howard Benson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28ebc01c4655c$967122d0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have loaded money 2004 on my computer and I am trying to > down load my bank statement. I keep getting an ...

formula for money additions & subtractions
I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas register +/-. When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th difference comes out of thier check. Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th check. If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec also. the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo the deduction. this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon can help me Thank you, Mik -- Message posted from http...

Trouble with CMap
OK, I have a CMap declared as such CMap<int, int, CString*, CString*> m_myMap; when I try to use the SetAt function for the map CString* pStr = NULL; pStr = new CString("BMW"); m_myMap.SetAt(1,pStr); My application gets Assertion failed message ... Now I've been trying all day just to get this damn CMap to work, I haved used before the STL, and never had such problem before. IIRC the STL can't be used for Embedded dev ... so using the stl::map is out of the question .... Help this dev guy stop swearing thx ... CheGueVerra Put this in stdAfx.h if you haven...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

Modal Dialog OnCancel removes SC_CLOSE
Hello, I have an app with an modal dialog in which I have removed the default cancel behaviour by creating an empty OnCancel(). Now I can't close the dialog using the SC_CLOSE (Red-X in upper right corner) Why and how can I remove ending the dialoq by pressing Esc but still be able to close the dialog by clicking on the Red-X[1] // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! [1] if someone has a official name for this button I would be grateful! Anders Eriksson s...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

Removing hyperlinks in Excel by multiplying by 1 is very obtuse
I just followed the Excel help directions for "Remove a hyperlink" -> "Deactivate several hyperlinks at once". And while the directions work (multiplying each field by 1), they strike me an obscure work around to a rather obvious missing feature. It should be easy to remove hyperlinks from text in Excel, especially because Excel is very agressive about auto-creating hyperlinks when any text that resembles a web address is entered. Hopefully this missing feature will be addressed in the next verison of Excel. Hi post your suggestion to: mswish@microsoft.com -- Reg...

Need to remove help compile in project
Can someone tell me how to remove the help build process from a project? Thanks What does this mean? You want to remove part of the build? If yes, just remove those files from project. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mike" <nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:%236ooDIkGHHA.1468@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me how to remove the help build process from a project? > Thanks > > I've tried removing the help files but when I build, the help compiler is still invoked. The project show a couple of .rtf files in the dependenc...

Money 2006 Investment Account balance display
I have two Investment Accounts (401k) in Money 2006 Deluxe. For some reason, Money stopped displaying the account totals on the Account List page. It used to show the account balances and the subtotal for all of my investment accounts. Additionally, I now notice that each account now has a second account with the same name, but has the word "Contributions" added in parenthesis. This seems to be new as well. The data in the accounts still seems alright. My investment subtotal on the Account list page shows a zero balance and there is no balance listed for the accounts the...

Money 2006 Standard
I've just started to use the Money 2006 and I'm trying to move from the Essential Budget to the Advanced Budget, but the software does not move to the selected option. Is there any action to correct this problem? I was using a very old Money version (97) and the file was converted without any problem with budget data in the Advanced format, but as I can't select the Advanced Budget I'm not able to change anything in it. Is it possible to somebody help me on solving this problem? Thank you very much -- Bob Campos Have you tried doing a File - Repair, Bob? -- Michael Gor...

Remove records from lookup
Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it added to my appointment form? Thanks. There is no supported way to change this. The system is setup to allow you to set appointments that are related to specific records (Opportunities, Quotes, Cases, etc) and it will then ro...

Removing an exchange server member
I have a 2000 exch backend and a 2003 exch frontend setup. The front end hard disk just recently died. And so was not correctly un installed from AD. There are still elements of exchange hanging around. For instance, in the system manager. But the system manager wont let me delete the front end server under the first administrative group. Do i have to use adsiedit to remove this or is there a much simplier way. Cheers Paul To my best knowledge, it adsiedit. "Yakeni" <Yakeni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B352B981-F5B7-4527-8A48-04E3976C99D9@microsoft.c...

Suggestion for enhancement to Money
Money 2003 contained a feature to track frequent flier miles and points, however you have to do it manually. It would be nice to have an update feature like with bank accounts and investments so a person doesn't have to type all that in. Well, it takes two to tango. Given that all of the airlines are in bankruptcy or are desperately trying to stay out of it and given how very few Money users care about this feature, I'd be really surprised to see Microsoft worry much about convincing the airlines to support such an interface. Besides, the banks don't do such a hot job with th...

trouble Copying as a webpage #2
Any ideas -- daniels01 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- daniels012's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=868 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27161 ...

Serious problem with Money Plus Deluxe
I have about 17 years worth of investment data in my Money file along with several years of credit card and checking account data. All of the investment transactions have been entered manually; the credit card and checking account data is downloaded online. Stock prices have been updated daily over at least the last dozen years. On Friday, after entering a bunch of new transactions which were accepted normally and shutting Money down, I tried to open my file again. After I entered my login info, Money gave me the memo that it had "encountered a problem and was shutting down.&qu...

Money 2007 H & B + Windows Vista
Hello, I have read a lot about problems with installing and using Money (2007) on machines running Windows Vista. Is there some kind of "manual" how to go about the install procedure? A manual that describes where to have the program installed installed and where to keep the data? And a manual that describes how to keep the rights as an administrator as you would normally have under windows XP? And maybe there are some other issues that I haven't thought about. Thanks, Eric "Eric" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468fe69d$0$37724$5fc3050@dre...

how do i change or remove a signiture that is under outo text hea.
Someone please help i am using outlook 2003 and i am triyng to change a signiture that is under auto text. to get into it i open a message push insert then outo text then signiture. I want to change it. I have closed the untilted message gone to tools then options then mail format then signitures then remove all the signitures but the signiture under insert and outo text is still there See if this helps: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP051860291033.aspx -- Bill R "nearly bald with frustration" <nearly bald with frustration@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Transaction error in Money 2007
Since TAXCUT is out and Money is free with it (Staples), I purchased and upgraded from 06 to 07. My first download resulted in a transaction on my Fidelity account that listed the sale of one mutual fund and the purchase of another. Following the prompts I accepted each transaction but received the following error: An error occurred but Money was unable to retrieve and display details about what happened. (Resource = rcmpiad. Error = 4061.) I have tried deleting the transaction but it continually says 1 transaction to read. I have run salvage and it claimed to fix some on-line issue...

User Entity
Hi, I was wondering how others keep the User records in CRM updated with the Active Directory information like phone numbers, etc. Has anyone written a Windows Script to take this action or are you using other methods? Thank you ...

re-download MS Money instructions??
I purchased and "installed" MS Money Deluxe today on the Internet. I have the order confirmation and codes in hand. After removing my prior version of Money Deluxe 2006 ..I received a message saying that Money could not "install files needed" and for me to "re-download the program". Where/how do I "re-download: the program? the M S Money page that I found tells me to get the code and purchase information in hand...but..stops there. Is there a site I go to re- download? thanks for any help. Rich In microsoft.public.money, rich wrote: >I pur...

Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup
Help! Can't Restore my "Old" Money 2005 Backup. Windows 2000 replaced by Windows XP Home on C:\Drive. D:\Drive contains data and Backup only. PC is on a wired Home Network . I recently upgraded from Windows 2000 Pro to Windows XP Home. I wiped the C: Drive clean (formatted) and did a "Fresh" install of Windows XP Home. I reinstalled Microsoft Money 2005 Deluxe, then tried to restore my "old" 2005 Money Backup file (My Money Backup.mbf) from both D: Drive and USB thumbdrive. The Restore shows a default location ..."C:\Program Files \My Money.mny&quo...

How do I remove a hidden space in Excel cells
Not sure if this is an Excel or Word problem... I am doing a mail merge in Word (envelopes). I am pulling my data (name, address, cit/state/zip) from an Excel .xls I created. In mail merge, I select envelopes and go through all the steps. I use the Address Block for the delivery address. However, when it pulls the data over, the name line (first line of address block) is indented by one space. No matter what I do (place cursor at indent and use backspace or place cursor at next two correct lines and add a space), the change doesn't take place. I've checked all the tabs as...

OE removed access to unsafe attachments #2
How do I tell Outlook Express to consider some attachments safe and let me open them? Anyone know? Tools-> Options-> tab Security-> uncheck Do not allow... Note that this is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your o...

from Money 2004 to 2005 Small Biz Edition
I am sure that I can open the mny file at 2004. But its show error message when I upgrading my money file. The message show " Money Cannot locatemny file" or cannot open it,possibly because it is a read-only file or you do not have permission to change it or your disk is write protected. My Os is XP SP2 (T-Chinese). Is anybody upgraded successfully? I also have the same problem... What is the cause?? I cannot covert the 2004 file to 2005 version at any means.... "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C6754B1C-D719-4DC1-807C-1D2CFD22AA...

How do I remove cross hatches in Sigma column
Addition of a column results in cross hatches. How do I get rid of the cross hatches and simply have the sum printed in the column? Widen the cell so the resulting value will fit. Excel does this so you don't accidentally SEE a number that's LESS than the actual number, which is what would occur if the column wasn't wide enough. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM" <YHESSLER@EXAMPLE.COM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08545D7F-E1B3-4879-A7DB-A2B723DDCD3F@microsoft.com... > Addition of a column results in cro...