Remove records from lookup

Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except
the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the
appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label
is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there
is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it
added to my appointment form?

Thanks.

0
Martin
7/28/2006 1:53:40 PM
crm 35858 articles. 1 followers. Follow

There is no supported way to change this.  The system is setup to allow you
to set appointments that are related to specific records (Opportunities,
Quotes, Cases, etc) and it will then roll these record up to display on the
associated Account/Contact.  This is a preferred approach in the system so
that you know what the appointment is about.

If you find you must do this, then Michael H�hne has posted some info about
an unsupported appraoch to changing some of this:
http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=CustomLookup

--

Matt Parks
MVP - Microsoft CRM

"Martin" <bmquiroz@email.com> wrote in message
Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except
the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the
appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label
is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there
is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it
added to my appointment form?

Thanks.

0
Matt
7/28/2006 6:42:57 PM
Matt,

Thanks for the reply. Is it possible to create a new attribute that will
bring up only account records?

-M

"Matt Parks" <mattp65@Yax_RemoveDashAndX_xhoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

7/28/2006 8:47:23 PM
Lookups aren't "added".  They get created when you add relationships between
2 entities.  The system doesn't allow multiple relationships between
entities, but I'm not sure if the "regarding" will prevent a new
relationship to Account or not.  You would have to try to see.

--

[...]

7/31/2006 4:56:18 AM
Don't now if it's supported, but you can change this by exporting the entity,
change it in xml and then import it. :

            <field name="requiredattendees" requiredlevel="required"
lookupclass="ActivityRecipient" lookupstyle="multi" lookuptypes="2"
lookupbrowse="0">
              <displaynames>
                <displayname description="Required Attendees"
languagecode="1033" />
              </displaynames>
            </field>

The numbers after 'lookuptypes' are the reference to the entities showing up
at the lookup window. In this example I want only the contacts to show up. To
see only accounts, use 1. Etc.

Wbr. Wolfgang.

"Martin" wrote:

> Not sure if this is possible but I would like to remove all records except
> the account records from the look up records dropdown menu of the
> appointment entity. The associated schema is regardingobjectid and the label
> is regarding. I see the other entities listed under relationships but there
> is no option to delete. Is there a way to create a new lookup and have it
> added to my appointment form?
>
> Thanks.

in VBA
Using Office 2003 I would like to reset any custom filter settings from all columns. The following resets Column 1 only: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1 What is the VBA code to reset Columns 1-17? TIA Dennis Dennis, Selection.AutoFilter You could have found that out by yourself if you had just used Macro Record (as I did). -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Dennis" <dmburgess@removespamameritech.net> wrote in message news:961i10teu4q5r2t6rh38bmen6lski9r6f6@...

OE removes access to certain types of files on e-mails
Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook to NOT automatically remove certain types of files eg PDF, HTML, DAT files etc. Are they removing them or blocking them? See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm for ways to get the attachments off. For more information on the security features, see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm If you use OE, hit forward on a message or disable it in tools | options | security. On 25 Apr 2004 02:07, "Sam" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Grateful for anyone to tell me how I can set Outlook ...

help with lookup or something else
I want to write a formula, say in cell E2 that picks the correct price based on valume Entered in Cell D1. Suppose I have a table set up with volume vs price. sush as: Column A B C D E Row 1 From TO PRICE Volume Entered ?? Row 2 500 600 $1.20 Row 3 601 700 $0.99 Etc... down the row. I know I can use vlookup ordinarily but now there are two columns. If volumn is between 500 to 600 then the price is one thing, if volumn is between a different braket is something else.....

Invalid Value types in Lookup field
I am new at Access and don't really know what I am doing. I created two tables... 1. contact information 2. subcontractors used at job sites. I created a lookup field for the subcontractors so when I create reports or queries I can connect the subcontractors with their contact information. I set the field to text, but everytime I try to put the cursor in the field it comes up with an error message saying that the value isn't valid for the field. How do I get it to stop doing this? Your first problem was defining a "lookup field" -- I'm sure Microsoft was tryi...

Do a two way lookup and get the result in multiple columns
Hi, I have a worksheet with data on store sales: StoreLoc Date Sales$ A 10/28/2005 $100 A 11/04/2005 $150 B 10/28/2005 $200 B 11/04/2005 $250 B 11/11/2005 $300 B 11/18/2005 $350 C 11/04/2005 $300 C 11/11/2005 $350 C 11/18/2005 $400 D 11/11/2005 $400 etc. I wanted to do a two-way lookup on StoreLoc and Date and get the sal...

Autocomplete email domain from previous record
Hi All, I have a form with an email address field in which the domain is often the same for each new record. For example, test@domain.com... the "@domain.com" portion is often the same. What I would like to do is somehow have some code that autocompletes just the domain portion from the previous record when the user types the "@" symbol. So, they can then type in "test2" and as soon as they hit the @ symbol it would complete the field with the domain portion from the previous record. Does anyone have a genius way to do this? :-) Thank you for your help!...

two colum lookup #2
i would like to see the cells in colum A & B which coiside with the cells in colums F & G i will ammend the original so that i can be understood better and send shortly -- alexanderd ------------------------------------------------------------------------ alexanderd's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4984 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278114 ...

how ,we can remove flickering of form control
hi I have some progress bar control on my form.I have set different color for different progress bar. BUT ,PROBLEM IS THAT WHEN PROGRESS BAR SHOWS PROGRESS ,SOME FLICKERING ALSO APPEARS. HOW ,WE CAN SOVE IT. Arbind Arbind, You seem to have big problems with flickering forms :-))) As you have both - if I remember correctly - a flickering grid and now a flickering progress bar, I would suspect that the problem is that you are triggering unnecessary updates yourself - you might want to check your code for invalidations of the form, where invalidations of a control is mo...

Removing attactments from sents messages
Hi O'2000 sr1 Is there a way to remove the attainments from all my sent messages in one go? TIA Dave F. ye ----- Dave F wrote: ---- H O'2000 sr Is there a way to remove the attainments from all my sent messages in on go TI Dave F. ...

I can't edit existing records, only add new
I created a form with the intent of being an 'add new contact' form. Well, I want to reuse the form as an edit/update contact form also. The problem is, I can't view any existing records. I have allow edits, deletions, additions enabled. Record locks = no locks. Record selector and navigation buttons = yes. What am i missing? Data Entry property Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "MeSteve" <MeSteve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11129652-032B-4966-80CC-7AAD8E18162C@microsoft.com... >I created a form with the intent of ...

Re-assign the records from one user to another
Hello, I know that it should be option to re-assign the records on the 'User Definition' screen (under Actions), but when I go into this screen with the SysAdmin role, I don't have this option. Any ideas? Regards, Inna. ...

Removing in column B when listed in Column A
Hi I have a list of text in column A aaaa bbbb ccccc dddd eeee ffff etc.... I also have a list in column B zzzz ccccc xxxx aaaa ffff gggg etc What I need to do is remove all the entries in colum a from column B In the example above I would have in column B left zzzz xxxx gggg Hope this makes sence and someone can help. Thanks Iai -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Iain, I assume your colums A en B are filled with values A1:A10 and B1:B10 Put in C1 the formula : If(ISNA(VLOOKUP(B1,$A$1:$A$10,1,0)),0,1) and copy down to C10. Copy and paste special / values column...

Comments with Lookup Formulas??
Is there anyway to insert a formula into a comment box?? I have one sheet with three columns which contain defect code numbers. I have another worksheet tab in the same excel file which contains a list of defect code numbers and defect descriptions. I want to display the defect description in a yellow comment box when I move the cursor over the cell which contains the defect code number. I looked at Excel's comment feature, but it appears that these comment boxes can contain only fixed text. Is there any way to incorporate a lookup function into the comment box so that it can look up ...

Lookup function doesn't work
I am using a lookup function to compare the results in sheet1 column 1 to sheet2 column 2 and return the results of sheet2 column2. The function seems to work for the first few entries, but then returns the wrong results for some of the other entries. I am using "=LOOKUP(A7,Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16,Sheet2!$B$2:$B$16)" and it is copied down a column of text/numeric entries in the first sheet. Has anyone else had problems with this? Thanks. -- Frank L Are the values in the lookup_vector i.e. "Sheet2!$A$2:$A$16" in ascending order ? -- Rgds Max xl 97 -- Please respond, in new...

Calculating a value for a new record
I have a simple database which records a list of different reports my team produces. Each report has a unique hopefully sequential number "Report No" which is different to the "Record ID" (Autonumber). I have a form which I am using to add new reports to the underlying table. As I add a new report record I want to look up the highest existing Report No value in the table and auto populate the New Report Form Report No Control with that number +1. i.e. if the last report added was numbered 255 the next one shoiuld be 256. I have tried using Max ([Current ...

How to open a blank form for adding a new record
Hello, I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, view records and using the navigation button, add a new record just fine. However, I'd like to open the form using a command button so that all fields are blank and a new record can immediately been added without having to use the navigation button. Can anyone help me figure out how to do this? TIA, Rich On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:20:02 -0800, rich wrote: > Hello, > > I have a form for adding/viewing employee records. I can open the form, > view records and using the navigation button, add a...

Insert row, table to table
Hi, As I cannot use INSERT INTO with values specified to WHERE. I have created an interim temporary table where the record contains two text strings.Now I want to be able to take those text strings and append to the correct table where the record is set by an ID number. First_Name = Fred Last_Name = Jones Its a new contact so it is too be added to a customer with an ID = 1375 Now I can't use the following sql statement strsql = "INSERT INTO [tblCUSTCONTACTS] ( [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME] ) " _ & " VALUES (""" & strFirst & "&...

About Lookup
Hi, I've a new Entity called "Ent1" and I've mapped with Quote Entity. I want that when I creat a new order of this Quote I'll view the value of "Ent1". I've tried to create an attribute nvarchar type but CRM doesn't permit me. I've tried to create a direct relationship between Order and "Ent1", it's not. How can I do that? Thanks Finished... I've created a direct relationship between Order and "Ent1", after that I created a mapping new_id of Ent1 of both entities (Order and Quote). And all it's ok "Ma...

Update Several Records with separate table data
I have two tables. One has all fields complete. The other has some complete records, but most only have one field completed. I want to input the complete records to the incomplete table, merging any records that would be duplicated. I forgot to mention this in my first post. Why are you duplicating data in your database? The goal of a well designed database is to only store the same piece of information once. Dale -- Email address is not valid. Please reply to newsgroup only. "Dale Fye" wrote: > In Access (am unsure whether A2007 supports this), you can do this as a ...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 07-12-10
For months I have been unable to remove blocked senders. I have tried from Windows Live Mail and from the Windows Live Hotmail website. After a short while they reappear. If someone can tell me what I must do, or if this can be resolved remotely, I will be most appreciative. It is most frustrating and I have been unable to receive any assistance. PLEASE HELP! ...

Create a duplicate record
I use a form to input the data into the table. From time to time, I need to create a duplicate record from previous records or just completed new record. I saw the previous articles here but most of them to copy the last record to a new record. However, I need to highlight the desired record and copy to a new record. Any guidance and example are appreciated. Thanks, Scott Here's one that lets you duplicate the record in a form, as well as any related records in the subform: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-57.html Just ignore the part about the subform, and use the rest. -- ...

Query Does Not Count "2" Records
Good Evening Everyone... I have a bit of a logical puzzle that I need to solve. I have various queries which have various criteria for them. One query involves retirees or spouses being under the age of 65 and the other involves retirees or spouses being over the age of 65. Both the retiree and spouse are listen in the same records and on one line of the master table and queries. The situation that I am running into is that I can have a retiree who is over 65 and a spouse under 65 and the record comes up twice in the two different queries b/c it meets the criteria, which is perfect. What...

Outlook 2003 removes hyperlinks during mail merge to email
Hi All, I'm pretty sure I am in the right forum, but in using Outlook 2003 SP2, and Word as the email editor, in the last email I sent out to our staff, the email links were removed, and the names they were attached to were just plain text, no 'clickable' email hyperlink. A member of our staff has been experiencing the same thing with Outlook 2002. Does anybody know what might be going on, or what needs to be fixed? Thanks in advance, --Jim Can you provide exact steps to add a hyperlink to a merge document so = that we can try to reproduce the problem on another m...

removing store from store list from HQ
i need to remove a store from the list of stores in HQ - the stores have been closed for 2 years, and i would like to clean up the check stores feature at other store locations, have less to sort in reports, etc. i have already removed them from the store list in HQ Manager under stores, but they still show in reports and in check stores. is there a way to remove them from either or both? ...

How to remove a wildcard character from text column?
How does one remove a wildcard character from a text string? In this case the text contains an asterisk followed by a slash. */ If you're talking about "Edit - Replace", Precede the asterisk with the tilde ( ~* ) in the "FindWhat" box. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Stace Cameron" <scameron@siumed.edu> wrote in message news:%23oWuV4WrEHA.3396@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... How does one remove a wildcard character f...